Music Gear

Music tech thread. Discuss your record players, tape decks, speakers, headphones, CD players, or even noise gear. What do you have? What do you want? Rate other people's stuff, recommend stuff, ask for advice, discuss, etc.

My questions are is the Nakamichi 600 II tape deck good? Sound quality? Durability? Can I rip audio files from it?

What record player/speaker setup would you recommend? I'm kinda pleb-tier, so I just have a little Ion Pure LP for ripping audio files, so ideally recommendations would have USB capabilities.

I'm also looking to get into noise production, what entry-level noise gear would you recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfjotHLozt4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are those horns piezos?

Why but records just to rip them (poorly no doubt) to MP3?

Im looking into getting an AV receiver so I can try out some surround sound and maybe double front speakers.

I got my eyes on the pioneer vsx 1030 iirc.

Vinyl exclusives from my favorite bands, but once I get better speakers I'll listen more regularly

>double front speakers
what? why?

i don't see any jbl lser 305, room treatment, or a cheap shit amp that is the same as the worlds most expensive amp

your set up is flawed and tryhard

I got a pair of floor speakers and "bookshelf" speakers. Figured I'd run them together.

It's not mine, it's just a funny setup from Cred Forums

to do what?

Gee I dont know, more sound?

that's not how sound works

More speakers doesnt mean more sound?

no, it means comb filtering and so less everything

So, basically every single surround setup suffers from this.

yes, unless you play actual surround content to the discrete channels, music (properly) recorded and mixed in surround sounds amazing. it's sub 1% of all available music on the market, though.
of course a surround setup is worth it for movies, but this thread says music tech

I'm still gonna be a cool guy and have 2 sets of front speakers.

Running a fiio e10 into an e09k into DT880's

just use a stereo amp and a/b switch them, most amps can do that

You mean using speaker A+B(1set in each section)?

Thats what Im talking about, just with a receiver.

which version

no
a+b is

But isnt that what you meant?

Unless you mean I play one pair at a time.

yes, playing one pair at a time is the only logical thing to do

Pfft, I always do things double. This wont stop me.

Don't mind him. On the receiver just connect them up in parallel, basically just hook two speakers up to the same terminal. If you're going for maximum SPL, comb filtering shouldn't be an issue until you get to the highs which most people can't even hear that well anyways. Even so, there's not much you can do about comb filtering at the high end because just the simple act of having multiple speaker drivers introduces this problem.

Buy your shit, and if it sounds ok then you're good. If it doesn't move them around until it sounds "better". If you're autistic it's time to delve into the world of horns, old men, tubes, eq and constant directivity

Thanks, user. I'll try that too.

Both of the speakers are 8ohm, so I hope 4ohm isnt gonna go too hard on the amp.

im currently using a makeshift keyboard daw with apps and a smartphone.

why cant companies invest in good sounds for cheap keyboards? sound from my smartphone sound way better and its using less than 1.5g of ram.

and then theres this:
youtube.com/watch?v=mfjotHLozt4

man i remember that image from way back when. back before sock fags ruined /bst/s. shame.

did the lolis really need to be censored?
600ohm