The Claim: CTR WILL USE NSA TECH TO DOX CHANS

>archive.fo/4iOTI#selection-2335.4-2399.1

This is going around on Cred Forums, scaring the shit out of people.
Is this legit, or just shitposting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ICng-KRxXJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Wl2FW2TcA
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everything can be faked.
>implying the NSA would let anyone borrow their tools
>implying anyone having your IP is a big deal
Cred Forums is fucking retarded.

All of this is pointless without MARINAS networks. They probably don't have access to that.

>>implying the NSA would let anyone borrow their tools
Equation tools are public you fucking idiot. ANyone can download most of them for free now.

No way a bunch of stupid Skids are gonna do shit.

Yeah that's a big fucking problem if you are using fucking enterprise networking gear that hasn't been updated since 2013.

>Do not use IRC
Dropped. This is fucking bull.

stop my sides can't take this onslaught

I just so happen to have a handy lexical analyzer here that says this faked chat log was written by a child who gets bullied at school and visits Cred Forums to feel like a part of something.

I suggest you get off Cred Forums, kiddo. And then watch this film about fascism and youth.
youtube.com/watch?v=ICng-KRxXJ8

>its a Cred Forums tries to technology thread

lol "hillary's guys" who needed to ask the internet how to delete emails are now suddenly preparing to execute some kind of NSA backed cyberterror campaign on "the chans"

how terrified of literally everything must you be for this to register as likely in your mind?

PANIC

ITS ALL OVER

WE LOST

THEY WON

THE GAME

YOU WOODEN LISTEN

ITS HABEBNDINGDONG

TOO LATE

gud meme tbqh senpai

Go back.

you need to go back

Doxing can be done very easily. You don't need to be an NSA Neo hacker, fucking lol.

Did you know Slack channels can be faked lads?

Did you know that if CTR really wanted too, they'd have already got in here as mods? They already have your fucking ips. They already have your fucking typography.

All that they need is access to the Cred Forums API if they really do have "foxacid". Even if they do have it do you think CTR has the resources needed to run FUCKING NSA SOFTWARE, which is supposed to deployed in NSA server farms? How fucking stupid can you get? Mass anylization of data cannot be done on your shitty home computer.

Doxing is super easy though.
Get janny
Get mod
Get manager
Get admin
Befriend Hiroyuki (optional)
view ips

You can also view Ips as a mod i think, although I'm sure "Anonymous ## Developer" is competent enough to implement a logging system.

Mr. Roboto tier bullshit. Carry on

>people actually believe that some random paid shills have the resources to MItM HTTPS connections to various sites, including reddit where there would be a ton of background noise from other posters, to find out who's posting things they don't like and then dox those people from just their IP address
Oh look, another "happening" claim that will never actually happen. When will you stupid fuckers learn?

kek, a very small amount of their tools got leaked, they supposedly auctioned the rest. the ones that got released don't affect you.(they're for enterprise networking gear, not windows/linux computers)

>muh HTTPS
HTTPS is shit, but i agree with you, they're not in a position to MitM etc.
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Wl2FW2TcA

>Quantum
If the slide is reffering to NSA's Quantum Insert, which it appears to be, then this is game over for anyone against CTR.

QI is performed a collection of servers on the Internet backbone networks that, when a targeted connection is initiated, cancels legitimate responses and replies in their place with some sort of payload. They can hijack anything the Internet to say quite literally anything they want.

Cred Forums's CloudFlare protection may be a blessing (CF does pretty good SSL work), or a curse (CF is a pretty big target, may already be BTFO by some SIGINT operation).

For those competent enough to run an IDS, Bro can supposedly detect the Quantum Insert technique and issue an alert.

HOWEVER
To believe that the Clinton campaign could afford to purchase and operate their own QI-like equipment is absurd, and the post implies that they have the cooperation of both the NSA (FoxAcid/FA) and FBI (Magic Lantern, which seems like an odd choice; presumably the NSA has better software implants than the FBI).

Also, isn't it a bit odd that the salient parts of the chatlog happen to be MSPaint-ed in? And on Slack? I thought Clinton had a penchant for self-hosting secret systems.

From a less-than-expert position, I rate this a 4/10 on the credibility scale. If it is true, then GGWP, Clinton can just subtly and silently hijack the electronic election system now, why bother shilling?

One last thing: the only remotely relevant reference to an "18-2381", is 18 USC ยง2381, the legal definition of treason in the United States of America.
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381

>Equation tools
whats that

Yes, compromising HTTPS can be done, it just generally requires actually MItMing the connection instead of passively listening which would take much more resources to do on a wide scale. Even if they did have the resources to do that on reddit however, MItMing every single connection to the 25th most visited website in the world and the 11th most visited in the US for any decent amount of time and expecting not a single person to notice is completely ridiculous

go back your cancerous containment boards

>i'm too lazy to mount a rebuttal so i'll redirect you to boards i don't like