Displayport is superior than HDMI...

Displayport is superior than HDMI, but HDMI will become the dominant standard because the DP community are asinine about it. It will be another Betamax vs. VHS, keep being elitist pricks while the HDMI standard keeps on getting better and better.

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/top-3-trends-impacting-hdmi-150300863.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DisplayPort is now more widespread than ever while HDMI is fortunately continuously losing market share.

i use VGA

Outside of VR and TVs, DisplayPort is already the dominant standard.

DVI master race here, fuck off loser.

wut

>HDMI has a higher penetration in consumer electronic and communication devices compared to DisplayPort, which means that a wider range of devices are equipped with HDMI as compared to DisplayPort. Many times, this results in inconvenience to users if they have a source device equipped with DisplayPort and display device equipped with HDMI or vice versa. Moreover, with increasing technological advances worldwide, the trend of miniaturization of devices and technologies is prevalent in the market. Consecutively, manufacturers worldwide are focusing on reducing the size and space required within the devices to equip them with HDMI and DisplayPort technologies.

finance.yahoo.com/news/top-3-trends-impacting-hdmi-150300863.html

>he doesn't use a lightning cable connector

Running triple monitor off 3 x DisplayPort right now, HDMI DisplayPort cables do exist.

What monitor that is actually worth buying doesn't come with a displayport in 2k16?
Only cheap shit and gaymeme stuff is still stuck with hdmi

Displayport is for computers, HDMI is for TVs.

Also MiniDP is vastly more popular then Mini or micro HDMI

Why is this even a thing? Who stands to gain from one being more successful than the other?

>"DisplayPort community"
what the fuck are you talking about

HDMI is for TVs, DisplayPort is for monitors. All laptops worth a damn have at least one of both, vidya cards should have n DisplayPorts and one HDMI

I don't even own a single DP monitor, and I only own two HDMI ones.

HDMI charge manufacturers $10k per year + 15-1c per device for licensing. DP is an open standard.

Hardware manufacturers that don't want to pay patent and licensing fees stand to gain. HDMI is patent encumbered, Display Port isn't

Try not being shitty $100 Acer monitors next time.

I buy most of my monitors used, there's no reason to get anything above 1080p since I'm not playing any games.

That's exactly the reason you'd get something above 1080p.

And why exactly?

God I relate so much. Fucking bs Sapphire RX 470 has THREE DISPLAYMEME AND ONE HDMI, FUCKING REEEEEEE ADAPTERS REEEE

more workspace
Sharper text

Higher resolution means a bigger workspace, which means more content on your screen.
Or sharper text if you're into hiDPI monitors.

Playing games would be a reason not to get anything more than 1080p. *Not* playing games is all the more reason to get a bigger monitor.

Hmm OK, I might look into trying one out to see if they do me any good.

Interesting info, thanks user

>HDMI will become the dominant standard
>will become

>tfw running monitor through USB
>tfw sitting back and laughing at HDMI/DisplayPort Kids

not anymore

Then tell me why all the business laptops in the world uses DP?

>reading comprehension

Usb-c will replace both

My dell monitors dont even have hdmi

VGA masterrace

Oh look, it's this thread again.
Stale bait is tale.

HDMI is losing market share on GPUs, but DP is still WAAAAY behind on monitors and TVs.

wtf I hate displayport now

Only AMD and to a lesser but still significant extent Nvidia give a shit about Display Port. Very few people even have a graphics card.

My laptop has a single miniDisplayPort and that's it. I just use an HDMI->mDP adapter to plug in my laptop to my TV, which just has a single HDMI port and that's it.

Using Basics HDMI 2.0 to DVI Adapter Cable on a 4k panel - ycbcr444

Superior to HDMI in my exp, even with ARTH6 which supports deep color but only on 4:2:0, probably for the higher refresh rate (240 effective "120hz")

if you think AMD cares about it more because 'muh freedoms' you're wrong, in both cases it's a business thing, they both save money using an open standard and get to shill the constantly increasing compute of their cards with 'bleeding edge resolutions' and fps memes in a way that HDMI can't.

Why would VR need HDMI ports?

On top of HDMI

3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port

Two for camera sensors, another for tracking data from the headset itself, and the last for audio power.

Talk about cable management on the move, man. Not to mention the accommodation-convergence reflex

>MPEGLA

Is there anything they can't ruin?

It has nothing to do with being asinine.

HDMI is simply more widely used. The end.

What terrible monitors are you using that son't have displayport? Cards should come with one displayport port and that's it. Buy real monitors and daisy chain like a patrician.

A lot of people use TVs as monitors.