I have an iPhone 6s

I have an iPhone 6s.
I updated to iOS 10 and HATED it.
So I used iTunes to restore it to iOS 9.3.5.
And it worked and everything restored right.

Now I'm trying to restore my backup from iCloud, which was done yesterday, and it won't. It'll sit for a very long time, and not do anything - then if I try to cancel it and start over it just keeps saying "Cannot restore backup" over and over.

Does anyone have any idea how I can restore my backup?

The specific things I'm concerned about are contacts, photos, notes, reminders, calendar, and GameCenter.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT203434
youtube.com/watch?v=BEODoEvCQHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ask Apple support.

OP here - I should add that I can't find this problem by googling so I have no idea what to do.

I was told to update to iOS 10, which I don't want to do.

If you did not want to follow Apple's orders, why did you get an Apple phone?

>expecting itoddlers to have this much common sense

Anyway check webm related for a solution OP.

you could try gettng a new iphone then logging into the new one with your icloud account, or you could try wiping your iphone completely brand new

I wiped it brand new to reinstall the old iOS.

I've loved my iphone up until this update - the new iOS is just awful. There's gotta be a way around it.

There is, see

>Restoring from an iTunes or iCloud backup when a later version of iOS is required
If you can't restore from an iCloud or iTunes backup because you need to update to a later version of iOS, learn what to do.

i guess its required op support.apple.com/en-us/HT203434

Update to iOS 10
Recover your shit
Downgrade to 9
Create a new iCloud or something, don't know how that works

or try youtube.com/watch?v=BEODoEvCQHE

Downgrading requires wiping your phone - there's no way to do it and also keep your data.

Your main mistake was depending on iCloud in the first place. You could have kept all of that shit either on your phone or backed up on your computer.

Why would you expect to be able to sync to iCloud for a version of the OS which is older than the one the backup was made with? Don't you understand that this would be terribly stupid for Apple because all the tech illiterates would eventually get backwards incompatibility problems?

My suggestion is this:
Re-update to iOS 10.
Then synch with iCloud to retrieve all your shit.
Now get software that allows you to access everything on your iPhone and back it up (using the itunes backup thing doesn't do it the way you'd want it to). I believe a while ago I used DiskAid or something like that. It allowed me to backup everything, including photos from text messages.
I do not remember if you can put those things back on the phone using diskaid, but at least you'll have the things on your computer.
Now you can downgrade to iOS 9 again.

But really, you should just accept the shortcomings of the update. You're using an Apple product, so you don't have much freedom unless you jailbreak it (don't know if it's possible for a 6s, and don't care; jailbreaking is stupid - buy a different phone if you don't want a gimped product). Don't cuck yourself into being vulnerable.

I love you too user.

>overpriced

You pay for quality

>no mSD slot

Who cares?

>shit res screen

Nope

>shit camera

Nope

>shit battery life

Nope

>shit mobile OS

Nope

>no native file browser

Who cares?

>can't use phone as a flash drive

Who cares? It's a phone

>have to use lagtunes to access one

I'll give you that

>can't share files other than photos/videos over wifi

Who cares?

>can't share jack shit over bluetooth

You can live without this "used once a year" feature I am sure

>no back button

Good. Swiping is better

>shit multi-tasking

Who cares? It's a phone, silly

>less apps

Better quality and more current/secure etc.

>encryption is full of backdoors

Nope

Android is ok when you're poor and immature using it for: ricing for fun, sharing files like a good criminal and generally acting like a cYboR haCK3r with your redundant file browser and cli on a phone. Once you graduate to grown-up, non-neet status you get a comfy iPhone.

That isn't necessarily true. There are non-Apple tools you can use to take certain things off the phone once he recovers his stuff and put it on his computer. I don't know if he can then restore that stuff to his phone using a non-Apple tool, but some of the things he'd be able to just put back on the phone using an itunes library sync like you'd do in the old days (i.e. years ago). It's a few hoops to jump through but whatever.

This is why you shouldn't use cloud storage, children.
Also if you wanted this sort of thing to be easy, you should have not went for an Apple product in the first place.

iphone fag here. never used itunes. what am I missing ?

Do not use mac for desktop/laptop

But OP said that's what he first did

Why are you always late ipanjeet? This is the third time you take longer than 1 minute to post. You better improve this or we're gonna have to let you go.

>Who cares
>Nope
Not an argument

>Not an argument

Not an argument