Literally panic

Literally panic

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/29/icann-un-take-internet-oct-1/
breitbart.com/radio/2016/09/22/john-bolton-within-ten-years-internet-know-will-end/
bbc.com/news/technology-37114313
cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=2646
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/29/obamas-plan-surrender-internet-control-may-unconstitutional/
politico.com/story/2016/09/ted-cruz-internet-domain-larry-strickling-228153#ixzz4LaTXRk47
trunews.com/article/trump-stands-against-icann-internet-handover#sthash.mDwxxdzz.dpuf
timesofsandiego.com/opinion/2016/09/27/president-obamas-risky-giveaway-of-internet-governance/
ntia.doc.gov/other-publication/2014/myths-and-facts-ntia-announcement-intent-transition-key-internet-domain-name-
youtube.com/watch?v=-z5hD38Bs8Y
github.com/haasn/hsbooru/blob/master/HsBooru.hs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I assume you were panicked about Y2K too, and thought that LHC would create a black hole and suck the Earth?

>I assume you were panicked about Y2K too
i admit i was a little cautious

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "serve-403-cfpremium.www.senate.gov/internetcountdownclock/" on this server.
OK

Was no one here for SOPA/PIPA?

Also Cruz is advocating Internet freedoms, am I on PCP?

He's a principled conservative

LHC actually did create a black hole..granted it was microscopic and only lasted 0.0001 seconds

SOPA/PIPA were real issues

This is not... probably

This will do nothing.

This whole thing reeks of SOPA/PIPA, because the end result is the same.

If DNS is used to censor websites, go to their IP.

k-kuso

No. A pirate's life for me.
>t. Eastern Europoor

"if we give china our white pages, they'll own our land"

the design of pretty much every networking protocol in existence stops specifically the exact scenario OP is talking about. the closest thing to "blocking sites you don't like" just involves blocking customers from connecting to specific servers on the ISP side, and that's already been done before (Libya, Syria, Turkey once IIRC, etc). there is simply no way to 'block' a website from 'the internet'.

the internet has a decentralized architecture (pic related), so the most any one group could do is just cutting themselves off from the internet at large. network of networks senpai, there isn't a central switch to block a website.

notice in Cruz's website as well, it deliberately uses weasel words. "Could" block websites. "If" that proposal goes through. he knows it's bullshit and has an ulterior motive, the design of the website is to make people get angry at something they don't understand and cockblock ICANN's move.

Turkish fag here, we can access any blocked website just by chancing the dns lol

No, only dumb people are.
>There is change
>Change is bad
>I don't want change!

>Turkish

wtf i love globalization now
#ImWithHer
#NeverDrumpf

there's nothing wrong with globalization unless you're a low iq nigger whose only skills are shit that poojeet and robots do better than you

to think that our internet freedoms would depend on a rat

I'm not panicked.

Obama isn't giving ICANN to the UN. He's just releasing US control over them. Effectively, ICANN is to become a private organization of its own rights. It would be as private as, say, McDonalds. Everyone else is panicked because of a WSJ article suggesting that they'd have to switch to the UN because of antitrust laws, but no specific antitrust laws were cited. Moreover, them becoming private is conditional on the fact that they not move to another government. If they were to seek UN stewardship, they'd effectively be in breach of contract.

>there's nothing wrong with globalization

I'm impressed. With just a short post like that you have matched all the prejudices there are about people like you.

ICANN is not necessary for the functioning of the internet, we can (and do have) have multiple internets already. ICANN going public means they can shill new shittier tlds though

Are you grill?

wtf I hate globalization now

>ANOTHER Cred Forums thread where they try to understand technology

if you fucking tools knew what you were talking about, you would realize that this doesnt do jack shit and nothing will change

fuck off and grow a brain

Is this the end of the Internet? I am fucking panicking!

>didn't pay attention in high school
>it's the jews fault that I lack the skills to compete in a global market

You are an idiot and your stupid ideas are why Trump has a chance of winning the election.

Sure thing Billy-joe, keep believing in that pipe dream that you'll someday live comfortably by building lavender dildos on an assembly line if it weren't for those damn Mexicans, Chinese and later, Robots

>Obama announces the cure for cancer
>WE MUST SHUT THIS DOWN, IT WILL DESTROY THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY

If cruz was all for freedoms, how come he didn't get the nomination and trump did?

>the jews din do nuffin!!!

I wonder who could be behind these posts.

>obonga
>doing something that benefits people other than his donors and masters

The big pharma companies already have the cure for cancer, they won't release it because they make big money off drugs and treatment.

I love when people say this. i am actually a chemical engineer for a pharmaceuticals company.

No, we don't have the cure for cancer. If you believe cancer can be cured you're as dumb as the people who say we can pay off the national debt. It's like believing we can make a pill to stop ageing, that's just not how these things work.

Of course you're panicked. You're an ignorant faggot who doesn't actually know what's happening.

>listening to anything that Ted Cruz has to say involving tech or science or politics or literally anything
Please kill yourself. You'll improve this country exponentially.

uhhhhh we cant access Cred Forums with the ip it givces a cloud flare error

What the hell am I looking at?

Where is China getting ICANN?

what they tried to explain to you went right over your head, didn't it

Good, the US shouldn't have control of the internet as it is a global resource.

>probably the most important thread in Cred Forums history
>8th page
>front page is full of garbage and consumerist crap
Cred Forums... Cred Forums has changed.

There aren't any non-shit internets beside this one, though, and we don't have decentralized/distributed DNS for clearnet.

Cred Forums... Cred Forums is retarded.

This is how Cred Forums dies. Not with a bang but with a phone thread.

>they couldn't beat the constitution so they just outsourced our rights to a country where the constitution doesn't apply

it's genius really

As people age and find their niche to become knowledgeable in we all tend to see how stupid people are easily swayed into believing falsehoods

The dns requests will now be public, so that it's no longer possible to hide behind an ISP or VPN's privacy policy to mask your traffic. Truly genius.

>Reverse Proxies Won't Work
You don't know how the internet works, do you?

we do this every 6-8 months each and every time there's some internet bill in the works, I remember when the internet was going to be gone after pipa, sopa, and how godaddy was going to be taken down with pitchforks because they supported one... and a week later you couldn't ask people who made entire websites about them to remember.

I'm a wannabe domain flipper so the next time this shit takes off I'll have to remember to register all domain variations on it.

This exact post with the same image was made on Cred Forums yesterday.

Everybody just ignores any attempt to explain why this doesn't matter at all. I guess it's more fun to pretend there's a happening.

>implying there isn't
Why do you think board activity has slowed down? Obviously because we know this site won't last much longer and are evacuating ASAP. It's not just Cred Forums either, I have seen other boards such as Cred Forums lose activity over the course of September.

Stay bluepilled though.

>Cred Forums ip
not anymore since couldfare time
also if DNS bans Cred Forums just use another dns

I'm sure it's not because the kids went back to school or anything logical like that

Underageb&s have existed on Cred Forums ever since they realized they can just lie about their age, especially nowadays where they can shitpost from their iPhones at school. I don't think the kiddies have anything to do with this.

posting always goes down in september as high school and university starts up again. There's no conspiracy going on

Re-read my post, retard. Kids can still shitpost from school with their smartphones and their 4G networks

but not at the rate that they do during the summer, you fucking idiot

He didn't get nominated because he's a bible thumper and muh immuhgrayshun policy. He's also robotic and off-putting to most people. Still a better pick than Trump or Hillary.

It doesn't matter anyway. We already have tons of evidence of the UN being able to fuck us all over and shut down any non-Marxist tought
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/29/icann-un-take-internet-oct-1/
breitbart.com/radio/2016/09/22/john-bolton-within-ten-years-internet-know-will-end/
bbc.com/news/technology-37114313
cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=2646
breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/29/obamas-plan-surrender-internet-control-may-unconstitutional/
politico.com/story/2016/09/ted-cruz-internet-domain-larry-strickling-228153#ixzz4LaTXRk47
trunews.com/article/trump-stands-against-icann-internet-handover#sthash.mDwxxdzz.dpuf
timesofsandiego.com/opinion/2016/09/27/president-obamas-risky-giveaway-of-internet-governance/
We're fucked.

Would it be possible to make a second internet using existing infrastructure?

>breitbart
You're just making yourself look more and more foolish

>.5 shekels have been added to your account

>He used a source that intrudes my online safe space so he's WRONG >:D #ImWithHer
Keep deluding yourself sonny

What next, you going to post some Gawker links? Huffington post maybe? Infowars?

since Cred Forums is here, here's some actual info
ntia.doc.gov/other-publication/2014/myths-and-facts-ntia-announcement-intent-transition-key-internet-domain-name-

We're fucked 20 years ago. Did you not fucking get the memo? This shit started 20 years ago.

> I have the skills to compete in a global market
> Therefore I shouldn't care that a huge portion of my country's population doesn't have that ability
> They can all be Walmart greeters and I'll make fun of them for not doing something more complicated and valuable, but the policies I support crush the job market for the things they could actually do to make a decent living, in order to separate the truly fucking useless, from the not particularly intelligent but hard working
> Fuck the middle class, fuck those people, I got mine

Solid way to run a country.

>Gawker
>implying they aren't lefty cucks of the highest order
If anything they'd be drooling over this news, it means nobody can expose them for their bullshit just like what happened with the Hulk Hogan case

This isn't "an internet bill in the works". This is already passed because obongo literally veto'd it. This is being executed right fucking now as we speak.

most oldfags stoped using Cred Forums and went to better boards or lets say most oldfags just driveby browse Cred Forums.
I do it too, back in the old days around 2005 Cred Forums was good nearly no rules they didn´t get enforced mayn times, it was cancer but in a good non overused way.
Today Cred Forums is super cancer on nearly all boards, only boards like /sci/ stayed like they are because they are hyper niche boards.
Same for Cred Forums.org/frames i´m 99% not even 1/100 knows it exist, even tho its the best way to surf Cred Forums.

Cred Forums today is not much better than reddit or facebook, sure Cred Forums got less cencorship but appart from that its the same cancer.

Not how it works.
>2016
>nobody on Cred Forums knows how even basic technology like DNS works
>but there are /pcbg/ and phone threads constantly on the front page doe, that's technology XD

The point is that all of those sites are as reputable as breitbart. It's garbage clickbait with a different color

It sounds like you're the one who doesn't understand how things work. SNI has nothing to do with DNS.

enlighten me, oh grand master of the interwebs im here to learn

cant wait for """"right wing"""" thoughts to be banned and censored from the internet forever. only pro refugee, pro globalism, and anti-white sentiments allowed goyim

>doesn't understand the internet
I'd panic more about the infriltration of shit normies onto Cred Forums

[citation needed]

>Also Cruz is advocating Internet freedoms, am I on PCP?
No he isn't, he's advocating for U.S. control of the internet under the guise of “freedom” (aka U.S.A.'s favorite marketing term)

the world ends in 22 minutes and all you're doing is shitposting on a Norwegian jujitsu marketing board

>SOPA/PIPA
Controversial acts that let the U.S. government shut down websites on a whim

>This
Removes the U.S. government's ability to shut down websites on a whim

literal opposite

i'd ask if you can think of something better to do, but the fact that you're here says it all

>the world ends in 22 minute
Oh nice, is the fourteenth second coming of christ happening?

I sure am excited.

agreed. and I wanted it this way for forever
enjoy shitposting while you can

>ICANN
>bad
what?

Ted Cruz is false flagging this issue to divert the conservative outrage cycle away from supporting Trump's campaign. He's still mad about the delegates.

Let's all move Cred Forums to ZeroNet. What should be call it, zerochan?

>hur dur I have no clue how DNS works but I try to shitpost
man if anything you are the retard, also since Cred Forums got cloudflare protected you can´t access the direct server ip anymore

4x0chan

>not 0x4
You had 0b00000001 job

fuck that's what I meant to type

underrated post

10 minutes left. ;_;

>ICANN handing over control to the UN
>good
what?

>ignoring the fact that this very website is going to be shut down because the person who warned you all was le fahnny delegates man xdd
What does Jamal's cock feel like?

Awesome. So where are the aliens going to touch down first? U.S.A? China? Russia? Antarctica?

i wonder how much of an idiot you'll feel like in 10 minutes

That page said nothing about the UN, it said said ICANN.

ICANN isn't handing control over to the UN

>keep reading all this crazy stuff about some kind of Internet takeover and censorship and BS
>actually look it up
>find out about the NTIA transferring some oversight duties to ICANN
>basically administrative trivia

What are you smoking guys?
Meanwhile, does anybody give a shit about how further broken our patent and copyright laws will be under the PTP?

>implying ICANN isn't a slave to the UN
Back to your cuck shed, Goldstein.

>ICANN handing over control to the UN
I thought the the U.S. government was handing over control to ICANN

>Burgerclaps freaking out over nothing again
Better buy more guns and MREs

Who /justpretendingtoberetarded/ here?

Why would anyone care about you when you don't care about anyone but old white guys?

youtube.com/watch?v=-z5hD38Bs8Y

Remember why you're here.

Doesn't this belong in Cred Forums?

Reminder that whoever thinks Cruz is just trying to detract support from Trump's campaign is a massive retard, since Trump actually supports his cause

>weeb image
Opinon discarded

>breitbart
>trunews

Holy shit user, have some self respect.

>only boards like /sci/ stayed like they are

Are you fucking retarded? I was browsing /sci/ daily since its creation in 2010 and the current /sci/ is a literal reddit libshit echochamber and has nothing to do with the once great /sci/. The inane trolling garbage mod ruined everything

T W O

M O R E

M I N U T E S

hold me tight Cred Forums
I didn't want it to end like this

I'm gonna do it Cred Forums
you can't stop me now

DOS

MINUTOS

Literally nothing happened.

>666
if you only knew how bad things really are

>the next conspiracy theory probably won't be Cred Forums related and the cross board shitposting will go back to /his/ where it belongs

Feels good man

666 confirmed

lel

I was expecting fireworks, a nuke, at least a new redirect. I'm disappointed.

Time to die.

It's not 12 AM yet you libcuck

What the fuck did you expect, Satan? Did you think Ted Cruz's scary countdown timer actually meant anything?

Sure, Satan.

Wtf I'm no longer a #cruzmissile now

I just heard a knock at the door. Are they coming for me?

TURN ON CNN RIGHT FUCKING NOW

The cure for cancer is eugenics on the large scale and genetic engineering on a smaller one

But that's the equivalent of saying the cure for workplace accidents that could potentially ruin the entire factory is replacing the entire human element with robots so no one likes to admit it

>Reminder that whoever thinks Cruz is just trying to detract support from Trump's campaign is a massive retard,
Isn't it the opposite?

i don't have a TV

Thanks for giving us ICANN burgercucks :^)

>Implying you have shit
ICANN is owned by ICANN. It's a private American corporation. You don't own it any more than you own Taco Bell.

Why do people want the NSA controlling everything again? I mean, you're retarded if you think anything has changed by this, but still.

is it still safe to fap to hentai online

>the happening happened and I missed it because I was too busy fapping
FUCK

Fuck off back to Cred Forums

Ultimately I don't think anyone is interested in "breaking" the internet. Some backwards-ass countries might want to change some rules but the US can just refuse to allow it and no one can say anything.

The US could just make its own private entity to manage top level domains if the UN fucks up bad enough anyway.

welp, color me surprised. Its fucking nothing.

Once again, the transfer takes effect at 12AM on October 1st. We're still fucked.

No

I'm already downloading a copy of gelbooru

You can get any form of cancer with no hereditary factors. You need to learn some basic genetics, retard. You don't even know what cancer is.

>The cure for cancer is eugenics
Fuck off back to Cred Forums. I wonder how you remember to breathe when you're this stupid.

I knew I could trigger a old /scI/ user with that.

Curious, what are you using to rip?
My mate wrote a custom ripper, wonder how it compares...

Go to bed, Ted

Its past 12 you dumb fuck

For the second time in my life, I'm fucking happy I live in the non-EU part of the Balkans.

I hadn't really decided before, but I'm voting for Hillary now.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind, Cred Forums!

No, it's 9:12 PM.

Sorry champ, it's ours now :^)

Such a shame you have nothing anymore

Your guns are made by Belgians...
Your jobs are taken by Mexicans...
Your women are courted by Negros...

China just bought the golden globes too :)

pretty much this. I admire what Clinton tried to do, but he miscalculated several things:

1) how quickly a lot of Americans could adjust from manufacturing economy culture to white collar culture

2) the amount of manufacturing jobs which would remain in the country

3) wage growth

4) the competence of the US education system in training poor kids for non-factory work

Either that or he just didn't care. hard to tell with Billy C. Looks a lot like he just did as his donors wanted and convinced himself he was "bringing America into the 21st century!" Sounds nice, but you actually have to do it in my opinion, not just decimate manufacturing and hope for the best. Cultures have to be developed over generations. You can't just doom a whole slice of people to fast food jobs and expect them to be alright.

the globalists replaced our tinfoil hats with UN issued cranial spying devices

Are you a retard?

See:

Estovakia?

Seeing as how we have a debt backed currency believing we will pay off the debt is an impossibility. Every time the fed buys bonds we owe them the principal plus interest, which assumes that the economy is going to grow and tax revenues will increase. That money, paid back to the Fed, theoretically goes into the US treasury, though nobody is sure where the interest goes because the ownership is literally a secret.

I wrote my own ripper because all of the existing ones were shit

github.com/haasn/hsbooru/blob/master/HsBooru.hs

The HaskellXapian bindings are 6-year olds though and bitrotten to hell and back, I had to modify them for my purposes, so you probably won't have much luck trying to use it yourself

The DB I use (xapian) is extremely comfy though. Will be able to do stuff like searching for arbitrary boolean expressions of tags, sorting by score, fuzzy search on tags, listing tags by popularity, and so on.

And thus dies a superpower, with the people inside it ignorant of the change

thanks user

>Cruz

For a country as big as the U.S. you'd think they'd have a better understanding of time zones

If a national bank is buying our bonds, like China, it will be pretty obvious where the interest is going. If a private bank like HSBC decided to invest in US bonds then we'd have no idea who the money goes to.

you didnt even look at the screenshot did ya lad.

The countdown is at zero.

Fuck, not bad at all.
At least it's nice and tidy, the one my friend made is a fucking mess, literally built for his machine and his machine only.

lol they're all retarded though, they think China can flick a switch and block packets entering the US, you think they're going to understand how the Earth spinning works?

DNS chain and don't replicate. Retard.

Well, it's finished. It's been fun while it lasted...

>Literally panic
Don't be ridiculous, nothing has changed and there's now way the U.N. can control what we post

[This message is under review by the United Nations Department of Internet Relations]

Yea, totally...

[This message is under review by the United Nations Department of Internet Relations]

So what is stopping icann from delisting 4chann on the root DNS list?

nice

I'm commenting on your insane ability to bicker over timezone differences, mongoloid.

You're aware that the ICANN has been in control of the DNS root list since 1998, right? That aside, the DNS root doesn't contain Cred Forums.org. The DNS root just manages top-level domains.

If you want to delist Cred Forums.org, you have to take it up with the company that operates the .org TLD, currently the Public Internet Registry which is a virginia-based non-profit. They're the ones that list Cred Forums.org, not the DNS root, and they're also not affiliated with ICANN in any way (except by having ICANN list the .org TLD)

>ITT: people have no clue about technology

>retard slav thinks EU = UN
oh silly slav you too are part of the UN

In short: nothing. Some countries might not like it and raise a stink, but on the other side you have the US so nothing can happen to prevent ICANN from fucking arbitrary people over.

ICANN can change the record for .org, allowing themselves to take over, for example.

See The ICANN doesn't control individual domains. They just control top-level domains. You you sure as hell can guarantee that they aren't going to delist the entirety of .org any-time soon.

They might do something like delisting .sucks or .xxx though, but there's not really any incentive for them to do so.

And what, serve every single .org domain through their own servers instead without the PIR noticing?

Also, if you're that paranoid about MITM, use DNSSEC. .org is fully DNSSEC-enabled, and the RRsigs are generated by the IETF, not ICANN.

Trump is going to build a fire wall

>and the RRsigs are generated by the IETF, not ICANN.
sorry, I meant the IANA

Thanks for explaining it and not just calling me retarded senpai.

The Cruz argument I had fallen for before was that delisting sites previously would leave them open to first amendment lawsuits but now that they wouldn't be under the us government anymore they could delist things with impunity.

Also, people ITT don't understand how internet censorship works. If you want to censor a website, it's done via one of two ways:

1. Forcing ISPs in that country to blacklist the domain from their internal DNS resolvers. (Which are the ones people end up using if they just listen to their plastic gateway's DHCP)

It works for 99% of people that aren't competent enough to change their DNS server, makes the government happy, and is isolated to a country. This is how people do stuff like blocking twitter during political revolts.

2. Having the local ISPs or exchanges blacklist the IP of the website on the BGP (routing) level. This is more effective but also more dangerous and error-prone, and can and has caused stuff like accidentally blocking youtube.com worldwide (when some shit dictatorship in the third world wanted to block it).

In either case, if you're censoring stuff, you're doing it locally. Even eurocucks can't just go and reach out and flip the switches in servers on U.S. soil, but they can make their own local ISPs do things to comply with the laws. Administrative responsibility has nothing to do with it, the internet is far too spread out across multiple ISPs and countries for that to matter.

i don't give a fuck. UN can't do shit

pic related, i can even post lollies here and nothing will happen

>posting a loli from inside the UN building
retard

>posting lollies
you sick fuck

wat the fug

Can you explain how #2 works in a bit more detail? How can a regional ISP ban YouTube worldwide?

is this real? what the f***

[COMMENT REDACTED]

Noice

[This comment is not able to be viewed in your region]

It's how the BGP is designed to work. There's absolutely no security or authentication in it whatsoever.

If I'm an ISP, and I tell every other ISP in the world (via BGP) that “I own the IP for 172.217.21.238, please route it to me”, then the routers on the other end will adjust their routing tables as such, and suddenly all packets to 172.217.21.238 (youtube.com's IP) will get sent to my networks instead of google's ISP.

Router configuration on the entire internet backbone is handled via BGP, so a faulty BGP update can basically screw over the internet like that.

did it happen yet, is the cyber gone???

[This post has been deleted by the United Nations Department of Telecommunications for hate speech]