no one wants to comment?
GOOGLE APPS IS NOW CALLED G SUITE.

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS

Here's your (You)

Cause g-spot is already taken.

Justifying the existence of thousands of marketing employees

"G Suite" sounds more professional than "Google Apps"

Google Apps may be used later on down the road, for other stuff

this is such bullshit. why do companies rebrand themselves?

like what goes on in CEOs heads that says, hey "G-Suite" doesn't sound that bad

this is so fucking dumb. i feel like it's just a way for useless marketing majors to earn money by doing literally nothing

It was best when it was Google Apps for Your Domain. GAYD. I want the GAYD. GAY-D.

That's what it was when I first signed up for it...

>all these likes

top kek, pajeets literally clicking that like button like crazy

youtube.com/watch?v=EZmXEFGFeNA

To be fair.
Most educated college graduates go on to work at companies in positions that produce no real value to the company itself.

maybe it's because the music actually sounds like literal shitting noises

>this is such bullshit. why do companies rebrand themselves?

IMO this is a sign of the impending downfall of Google.

Microsoft has been big into the rebranding bullshit for years now. Back in the day, the added a DispInterface to COM and called it ActiveX. They released the XBox. They introduced DirectX.

There was a ton of confusion from programmers thinking that ActiveX was a video game related technology.

All they did was confuse people from consumers to software engineers. They added zero value. But it was a "rebranding" effort.

That's the kind of shit that Microsoft blew a decade on under Balmer. Not putting awesome new technology into the hands of consumers. Rebranding.

Don't get me started on the completely new pricing scheme they come up with for almost every fucking release of Windows. Windows Home, Professional, Enterprise, and now there's a bunch of idiotic, vaguely-named bullshit tiers.

this thread was your (you)

>There was a ton of confusion from programmers thinking that ActiveX was a video game related technology.

Hey, until you posted that, I thought ActiveX was some gaming shit.

kek

Naw, I don't see it that way.

Google has been pushing hard for brand unification. Google has never really had a logo, they've had their typelogo, the iconic Google, but now they're pushing into the logo-sphere with the soft G. Even their YouTube video ends with "Everything is better, when your apps begin with a G"

"Goo-gle" is that friendly of word to pronounce, I'd reckon. And if Google is really pushing strong into the voice-automation stuff, like with Google Home, people don't want to have to shout a brand-name everytime to wake the device. It would be pretty interesting if they name their Google Assistant to just "G".

"Hey, G, [...]"

>It would be pretty interesting if they name their Google Assistant to just "G".
>"Hey, G, [...]"

Sounds fucking racist. makes it seem as though my personal assistant is a nigger

>"Goo-gle" is that friendly of a word
whoops, meant "Goo-gle" is not that friendly of a word

>DNS-OVER-HTTPS
why
h
y

money over bitches!

RIP 2pac

Next google products will go murdered out. Black on black!

my .44 will make sure your kids don't grow!

Are you fucking retarded? That's a great idea especially in places, like public WiFi, that redirect all DNS requests to their own server.

Why does it even matter, it's not like you're going to install it.

Google fucking loves rebranding. How many messaging apps do they have? Google docs had several fucking names too.

Google Docs has always been Google Docs.

Because Google is tired of Slack being #1 and Facebook for Work is rolling out soon.

You're right, I was getting confused because of the multiple apps thing that happened removing around it.

Rebranding is what you do when you're done innovating.

Google's officially peaked anons. I mean we all knew this years ago, but they're finally admitting it to themselves.

Look for the principles to step down, a "well qualified" poo in loo will be appointed, and the head kikes will have sold off their shares by the time the implosion's visible from space.