Hit pacman -Syu a min ago and reboot

>hit pacman -Syu a min ago and reboot
>xorg still works
>alsamixer still works
>literally nothing broke

w-what happened!??

It's almost like your expectations were based on memes propagated by retards who gather on Cred Forums or something.

To be fair, there were a few instances when Arch decided to push kernel updates and/or xorg updates that weren't yet compatible with the AMD or Nvidia driver blobs yet.

Pretty sure they stopped doing that because tons of people would freak and get pissed each time it happened.

you know the truth, and we don't care about truth in memeboard
now move along

>type pacman -Syu
>enter
>takes ages
>X is fucked up again
fuck you OP

>hit emerge -uDUN @world
>everything still works
>everything always still works

You do know people who fuck up their Xorg by updating are users who fuck things up with custom scripts, manual tinkering and using init-style startup processes without having a clue how they work? Let me guess, you are using a systemd-based init?

- Arch user for a year, UEFI without additional bootloader & i'm using Systemd. Never broke anything (except one kernel update which broke the sd-card reader from my thinkpad T430)

I've been doing this every few days for like a year and I've never had anything break except when I didn't reboot and expected Docker to still work.

actually pacman -Syyu can brake the config sometimes.

gimme that fakki

All errors aren't visible. :^)

I've only had a single issue with arch's rolling release where the updated dhcpcd had some issues soliciting an address.

I run arch on my laptop and while it DOES have easier GPU drivers on that, arch breaks less than debian by like... 1000 fold and other distros tend to break only on major releases. Debian is really the worst because APT makes a slightly bad situation a million times worse. Turns a package problem into a system problem, every time and has anyone EVER successfully dist-upgraded? I have once (raspbian).

Arch might smash something if you've got a bad selection of aur packages, but usually it's fine. Modern package managers have atomic file conflict detection and solvers.

>hit emerge -uvDU @world
>virtual perl packages causing slot conflicts and blocking the update again
>proceed to unmerge every single virtual-perl package before remerging them to fix it
FTFY

>doesnt read portage messages
>blaims gentoo
>kek
i just upgraded for first time in 6 months, had everything from X to openrc and kernel and all drivers. It went smooth as a butter, no problems whatsoever.

most intelligent comment of the day

Never happened to me before, you must just be retarded.

>Debian breaking
You what nigger?

That describes 95% of Arch users so I'm not sure this comment'll go down well.

That's what I thought too.
Your time will come. Eventually.

If pacman -Syu has never fucked you over, how can you even call yourself a true arch user?

>hit emerge -uDUN @world
>everything still works
>everything always still works
Aww, the Gentoo users are getting jealous.