Bot vacuums

Anyone got any experience with bot vacuum cleaners? I'm looking at the roomba 980, might get it. 360 eye also looks reat but after some research I think I prefer the 980. Although I don't want to buy if they're about to release a new model.. Any experiences/thoughts on the subject?

Get the 980ti, it's much better

Anyway I already have a 1080

I will buy one when they make a model that you can stick your dick in it.

>implying anyone here bothers to clean

It doesn't clean shit, Pajeet.

I've got a 500 that broke. Can't get them fixed anywhere I know of. iRobot wont service them. They just send you the shit and tell you how to replace the motor or whatever. The plastic around the gears has widened so it doesn't spin as powerfully anymore so it's useless. Can't pick up anything with a slow motor.

I'd like to just get a newer one. Or maybe try an offbrand one for cheap.

I my experience from work, they get stuck far too often to be useful. They back themselves into corners, get stuck under shelves and sofas, drive onto carpet and get stuck there since it thinks the edge of the carpet is a drop.

You end up spending more time fixing the thing than you would have if you did the job yourself with a normal old fashioned vacuum cleaner.

I like his car images better

I have probably got one of them here somewhere as well

Prefer the Neato brand. Don't take as long to clean.

This is what I've heard about the older ones. However the new ones are supposed to be much better and more intelligent. Far more like AI than randomly moving around.

Boss just called me into his office, wonder what he could want

Dont get one if you have pets inside the house.

>Buy one to clean fur and shit
>Turn it on and go to work
>Tries to clean shit
>Come back home
>A trail of shit everywhere

I was really surprised.

a vacuum cleaner I guess

Worth?

Seems like a good deal for the product but if I'm gonna buy one I want the best :) I'm just caught between the 980 and the 360 eye. I'm also wondering if, since the 980 has been out for over a year now, it might be worth waiting for the next model. They seem to be on roughly a two-year release cycle so it's pretty much mid-cycle, unless I'm missing something.

It is the flagship from Neato called Botvac Connected. You're talking about the Roomba 980. It's more expensive and I've seen some reviews on youtube and prefer the Neato models.

But since it's such a niche product, I don't know what's a correct price for something like this

From what I understand all the robot vacuums clean lightly. As in they might go a couple times a week to get rid of dust but you will have to vacuum the old way once a week to stay clean.

Have rumba smth, one model lover than 980. It collects dust but is not very good at clean whole room. Also has dome clearance problems - stuck under bed that is 1mil lover than rumba. But shit i never knew we had so much dust on the floor. Loves to roll in charger cables and rip charger of the socket. In all would say its nice to leave it run when out at work as its nosy but manual cleaning is still required just less often.

Post from above. Stupid thing with rumba is that if it cant find way back to docking or is stuck - It will loose all its power and you then you will need to set up date and time again. Cleaning schedule stays. If you dont set right time after power drain it will start with default 12:00. We got some middle of the night cleanings.

If you don't do something similar, I'll be disappointed

Bump

Neato seems good if you have large, empty rooms. I don't.

I have a Roomba, and it is obvious to anyone paying attention that it has a lot more modes than what is outlined in that diagram.

It has to be admitted though that the programming could have been better, a whole lot better. Time to open source it?

Debian Openroomba perhaps?

Perhaps the most high end is the new Dyson robot cleaner. Seems impressive though it is rather tall and will not slip in underneath as much furniture as my low Roomba.

Thanks for the image, I've not seen such a good side-by-side comparison like that.