For 2-way SLI, would you guys reccomend 1070s or 1080s?

For 2-way SLI, would you guys reccomend 1070s or 1080s?
Asking out of curiosity

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_SLI/7.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on what you want to do with your video cards.
There's really no reason you should be doing either though, since you can just get a more powerful single card.

Depends on budget, target machine capabilities, available physical space.

1080s since I don't see any point in SLI other than the absolute top spec build. So actually just go 2*Titan X Pascal .

>multi GPU

This. SLI brings with it its own set of headaches with compatibility. Just get the fastest single card you can afford. If that's not enough for you, then you can think about SLI.

>2-way SLI

First thing that comes to mind:

girls

Single, strong GPU is always better.

Get a Titan XP or waitfag that Ti

this

wait until the 1080ti if you still haven't jumped into this generation, you silly goose

where do i buy one of these? it's for a friend.

The ti aint that much better. In fact its beeen dumbed down so the 1080 and titan still sell.
How many of you have sli with cards 980 or above?
You all come out with the talk but how knowledgable are you

Well a single 1080 when I tested doesnt run better over when I test them in sli

But does it run like $1400 worth of gpus?
Because the Titan XP runs like $1400 worth of gpu

neither, SLI is dead and using SLI on new cards is retarded
If you've got extra 780s lying around sure, but SLI is intrinsically stupid and losing even more of the little support it had

Titan X Pascal is 30% faster than GTX 1080 ..

GTX 1080 in SLI will give you around 80% more but only in games that take advantage of SLI ...

so GTX 1080 SLI is better than TITAN X Pascal but not in all games

Yup, and also combined they cost me less than a titan x.

>80% more
Then we're looking at the wrong benchmarks because I see no gains or worse performance under 4K in this benchmark, and less than 20% increase in 4K frames

>80% more
I don't think any SLI setup in history has gotten that kind of improvement
If SLI ever meant anywhere near double performance at any point then the whole world would be using it

techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_SLI/7.html

Really?

It's weird to me people upgrade every year for graphics. I'm still fine with a 770

I mean it just seems like a waste.

Like I said, the benchmark I saw says different. Go find a second one because I'm sure you haven't yet

This. Nvidia is trying to back away from SLI since it tacitly lends itself to endorsing multi-GPU solutions that DX12/newer APIs should in theory be able to leverage with really good scaling. mGPU is probably the only thing (from a technological standpoint) that AMD has an advantage over Nvidia on. Putting limitations on SLI on their higher end cards for the first time in a while is the writing on the wall.

>AMD's vision for the future of GPUs
Multiple small/relatively cheap GPUs working in tandem on the same PCB with near perfect scaling. Rationale: Die shrinks are approaching the limits of feasibility and will only get more difficult and expensive as yields become worse and worse. Defective silicon can be discarded without much of a hit to the bottom line.

>Nvidia's vision for the future
Stay the course. Continue to roll out large flagship GPUs on a yearly or bi-yearly basis with a focus on high end gaming and deep learning. Rationale: Don't mess with success. Defective silicon can be recycled in cut-down GPUs like it has been done for years.

not to mention 80%+ of games dint even support SLI and get zero gains

You want more? I could go all day

Why don't you buy a Pascal Titan ?

similar question
>have r9 290
>want more performance
should I get a 2nd 290?

>pros
-cheap (vs a single card eg 980ti/1070)
-would look cool if I got a matching pair

>cons
-probably wouldn't be very stable on 750w, let alone if I wanted to overclock them
-finding a 2nd tri-x would be annoying
-and obviously the bullshit that comes with CF
-also enough heat to warm my house

fuck it maybe I'll just buy a 980ti for $400...

2x RX480

This.

SLI has enough issues. You would only do it if you, for some reason, needed more performance than a top tier single card.

I sold my 290 for a Fury and I'm happy. I wasn't just looking for more performance but also less noise and it worked out great.

Same. Still getting average 80fps in Doom 2016. And even then, that's the newest game I play next to Overwatch. The rest of the time I'm playing Quake or something. What's the need?

fury or fury x?

unfortunately, I'd be buying used, and fury/fury x are rareish, and thus cost more than nvidia ($450 980ti vs $550 fury x)

Regular Fury (no extra unlockable cores on it sadly) but I got it for 300 bucks new.

>nvidia
no

I want something other than the one source you've posted, as the one source I saw says otherwise

You've posted 3 references to the same benchmark were all capable of clicking the link in the first post