Languages

java, php, or python and why? kik me @2135 and don't recommend C++ nor C# because i know them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NvWTnIoQZj4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>kik

Don't touch Java unless you're a gigantic useless faggot.

PHP is shit, but the good kind of shit.
Python is golden for small projects, and while I'm not sure on this, I think it can scale to medium-to-big projects pretty well.

C

If you know C# already Java isn't gonna be very useful

Learn python or javascript

Forget that php exists, can we PLEASE let this language die

>javascript

java is the drink that makes you shit
php is the sound you taking a shit makes
and phython is the shit that comes out your ass

objectively JavaScript > python

Cool user, can't wait to switch. What's the javascript alternative for ScyPy/NumPy?

>suggest js
>let php die meme
pls die millenial, kthxbb

From those?Java, no doubt.

PHP will let you get what you want done, and fast. As far as PHP being shit, it's all down to the developer. You can choose to write shitty code very quickly, or you can invest a little more time in writing great code. I'd suggest that you use an MVC framework like Phalcon. There are other frameworks out there, Laravel for instance, but they tend to be several times slower, and they are far more opinionated in their style and won't let you write how you want to write and instead force you to write code how it wants you to write it.

You are part of what's wrong with this board.

Don't tell me mate, I use PHP regularly. I actually like it. I'm just saying, it's kind of shit dude.

>don't recommend C++ nor C# because i know them
Bullshit.

Sorry, I replied to the wrong comment.

I'm just saying that people routinely say "PHP is shit", when what they really mean to say is that PHP can be shit. So can a lot of other languages.

>don't recommend C++ nor C# because i know them

You lie.

You don't "know" C++, you did FizzBuzz in C++.

If you really know C++ you don't need any other language. If you"know" C++ and C# you already have a lot of job offers.

No what we mean is that PHP is problematic and very poorly designed at a fundamental level. It's inconsistent and full of surprises that shouldn't ever have been there. The amount of boilerplate you need to make PHP not complete shit is what makes it complete shit in the first place.

>unironically ignoring the importance of JavaScript

youtube.com/watch?v=NvWTnIoQZj4

>PHP is shit, but the good kind of shit.

I think he means the goooood kind of shit.

>sometimes this will return 25, sometimes -25. You'll notice that these values average out to 0, which is exactly what we were trying to divide by

Thanks for posting this..

No you don't.

Op never said anything about jobs or needing another language. It was about the reason why people would use Java, PHP, or Python.

golang

HTML :^)

If you "know" C++, Java and Python should both take you one or two days to learn.
It mostly comes down to things you can't do anymore.

My university class was set up exactly that way. After 3 months of C++ we had one lecture about Java and that was basically all you needed to know about it, because most knowledge transfers with ease.