Windows 7 vs Windows 10

Help me g i dont know which to chose. I ran win7 ultimate 32 on old as fuck computer. (Athlon x2, 2gb ram, radeon hd5000 series) Windows 7 ran great. Windows 10 not so much. I did install 64 bit version of win 10 tho and i guess thats why win7 ran better?

Anyway i now need to decide what to install on my laptop. 3rd gen i3, 4gb of ram. What would be better win10 pro 64 or win7 ultimate 64?

I really like simlicity of windows 7, but i heard win10 is faster in every single way. My expirience tell otherwise, but again it was 64 bit version on machine with 2gb of ram. I guess it was overkill.

And another question. Is account with password on windows 7 and windows 10 enough to keep my information private if laptop ever gets stolen. Should I encrypt whole drive with built in encryption (BL) and if i do will there be big difference in performance (i3, 4gigs)

strawpoll.me/11333688

Other urls found in this thread:

stardock.com/products/start8/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

bump again

Physical access will allow anyone worth their salt to most likely break in, encryption is recommended if privacy is needed, should only have an increase in boot up.

Win7 will most likely be supported until the labtop is no longer usable with windows anyways and needs a low impact Linux to maintain great performance(this will take a long time to need the switch).

Win10 currently has very little speed difference however in all likelihood it will start to really pull ahead over time.most performance difference can be attributed to the 64 bit install because it'd maxout ram more, and the new bug filled win10 was slower by a fair margin than now so that probably attributed to the problem as well.

Why Windows 7 instead of 8.1 + Classic Shell?

Thats what I thought. So bitlocker set to 128bit key will keep my files private from normies and not affect expirince at the same time?

And while we are at it. Is there noticalbe difference between 128 and 256 bit key?

Honestly? Because I didnt know for it. But if it will be snappier and safer than windows 7, and still easy to use that would be best. Should igo with that? Is there a way to turn off updater like on win7.

install arch

I tried to switch with ubuntu, but my knowlege is not nearly enoguh to use it everyday. Whenever i needed to do something i had to look for tutorials.

learn nigga

I would. Honestly. But im not power user. I use computer for browing and streaming.

Windows 10 is still unfinished and buggy.
If you want something that just werks get either 7 or 8.
Unless you need to disable DWM I'd get 8, just because it's newer.

>DWM
What is dwm?

Also how user friendly is win8.1 with classic shell? It seems to me that it would be the best if i could make it look just like 7. I cand stand thos tablet made menues

Are you unable to install Win7 on any Z170 motherboard? Apparently they don't support it anymore

Does windows 10 work yet? or is it full of bugs still

2 major releases every year means it will be permanently full of bugs.
The botnet and ads plus the stability of a bleeding edge Linux distro, what's not to like.

So consencus is to install win8.1 with classic shell as it is easy to use as win7 and more refined?

I can disable all those gesture options made for touch screen using classic shell right? In theory Ill never have to see metro again onceui installed that?

i'll help you user

the only ""reason"" to put 10 on your hdd is to use a new cpu or parts not supported by 7 or 8.1

chromium and obs

plus 2gb ram are used much much better with linux than windows, just make the page file smaller to see what im talking about

tldr go on youtube and learn about how to use linux

You sure ask a lot of goddamn questions.

Double dubs confirm. If i knew what to do i wouldnt be here, obviously.

>I use computer for browing and streaming.

Literally any OS does that fine.

Ask your sister to help you.

Any car will get me from a to be, but ill still rather have the jag over volvo

I would since she is haxor, but we dont really talk since she cheated on me.

Please just confirm this post and end my misery. Im waiting here with two usb sticks ready to go.

Use this.
stardock.com/products/start8/
I've been using start 8 for windows 8. Costs like 4 bucks or so. My system boots straight ton desktop or I can shell out using windows key to metro.

is there a way to get free keys for activating windows 7 ultimate?