SJWFox is finished

news.softpedia.com/news/chromification-continues-firefox-may-use-chrome-s-pdf-and-flash-plugins-508832.shtml

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jediism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where did it all go wrong?

no problems if I won't update my firefox, r-right?

RIP internet 2016

What's wrong with an open source project using open source code from another project?

It began going wrong when they switched to faster release cycles, and it has been going wrong ever since.

when they started removing "slave" from all their code instead improving the code itself

Sounds good to me I guess.

now fagfox just needs to use blink and it might become good again

> Even if PDF.js is a superior product to PDFium, with many more features, the costs of maintaining PDFium are supported by Google, which is an attractive point for Mozilla.

>Mfw I knew sjw will have problem the slave master shit when I first learn about it

firecucks just feels too bloated and slow

even with e10s enabled and just ublocko installed loading a few 4chin threads takes a few seconds as opposed to instant with chrome

I dislike chrome though, because its aids. might try out yandex browser instead.

Why even make a browser if all you're doing is playing catch-up with another browser? Just kill your project and use the other browser.

When "technology evangelist" became more important than "coder".

>blink
>not servo
m8...

Daily reminder that Mozilla tax docs are public, and whilst this kind of bs happens year on year now the managers behind the foundation pull $700k a year.

Using Firefox so these people get all that money is abuse to you, they are beating you up like a man to his wife and emotionally bulling you to stay with them. You need to break free.

hope waterfox doesnt do this

>servo
>fast

nope

Goodnight sweet prince.

>Google is paying Firefox to become even more shit

FUCK THIS SHIT I'M MAKING A NEW BROWSER IN JAVA, NODE.JS AND PYTHON

>Constant UI redesigns, options removed for "safety", garbage nobody wants like hello/pocket
>"hmmm why are we losing users? maybe we need a better pdf reader?"

hi opera

Someone will seriously do this

>he thinks everyone that uses Firefox donates to those idiots

I never mentioned donations.

They get almost all their money for search provider whoring in Firefox, they only get that much because of marketshare, which has been decreasing as well as the money they get for search provider whoring, Google dropped out and Google were literally fulfilling Mozilla's entire funding.

I predict in the next 5 years with further drops in Marketshare they will lose money from Yahoo (currently $375 million per year) and end up in a bad place. Which is a good thing.

well I don't use yahoo as my default search either and disabled all their default plugins, so no cash out of me that way either

So Mozilla wants to test PDFium but not necessarily adopt it for use in Firefox. They also want to adopt the Pepper API and the pepper flash plugin so they can put an end to NPAPI which is not as secure and stable.

Both of these are good things really. PDF.js is a good project but ultimately not as important as maintaining firefox. If its getting in the way of maintence on firefox then it should be cut loose and the community should work on it instead. It's already pretty good so whatever happens it will continue to work as it has.

Did you read the article? The PDF viewer isn't even better, it would just save them money. Not sure how much money they'd save on something that is more or less a finished product that needs minimal maintenance, though.

they should focus on making their browser faster instead

It doesn't matter if you use them or not, they get paid for it just being the default.

You even using Firefox has got given them that money and helps it continue until they loose their entire funding from Yahoo when the 3 year contract is up.

Looks like Mozilla is in the middle of some restructuring. The organization seems to be putting firefox at the forefront and letting these little experiments go at least for the time being.

at least faster than Gecko...

google's going to control everything. couldn't the monolithic multinational corporation that's going to rule humanity at least have had a less dopey name?

PALEMEME

It's not google any more, it's alphabet

>Lightweight and fast browser which isn't some no name ugly piece of garbage
>Current year
Not gonna happen, sorry.

still sounds too friendly for what they're doing. oracle's name sounds evil enough for what they are, and oracle creeps me out way less than google

can't even into e10s yet, can it?

Well, it's time for the year of seamonkey. Compatible with firefox addons, no bloat, no SJWs. It's perfect.

>single process

>mozilla removing crap
>pale meme keeping crap forever
>no bloat

>>pale meme keeping crap forever
I misspoke, in this case it's seamonkey

>all of these shit changes are driving away users
>we need to make more shit changes!

I don't understand what's even wrong with the current pdf.js

It uses gecko engine that firefox uses, so it will eventually get multiprocesses also.

There is no bloat. It's smaller than firefox is and uses less RAM.

Welp, time to go back to text-only browsers… w3m, here I come!

P.S. it's also an easy way to avoid most of the cancer of the "modern" web.

>No javascript
elinks is the only terminal browser worth using unless you love 90% of the web broken and unusable.

i don't understand the point of having a built in pdf reader.

i purposely disable firecucks pdf reader. if i need to read a pdf i download it and run it natively with sumatra pdf.

pepper flash is better anyway secure wise

>Yandex Browser, stylized as Yandex.Browser (Russian: Яндeкc.Бpayзep), is a freeware web browser[5] developed by the Russian web search corporation Yandex that uses the Blink layout engine and is based on the Chromium open source project
>russian
into the trash it goes

yes better use google they're your friend

t. CIA

You let this happen, Cred Forums

Is Seamonkey an effective alternative to Firefox?

The problem with pdf.js is that it's fucking slow. It's pretty decent for small documents but larger documents can cause heavy memory usage and uses a lot of CPU time.

I already use chrome's flash in firefox and i use evince for PDF. seriously nobody should use in-browser pdf viewers. that's just sad. they all suck

yeah just like russia is your friend. enjoy the kgb :^

>JS
>Not cancer
Pick one

it is. supports most firecucks extensions.

but can be considered "bloat" since it has a builtin irc and mail reader.

You probably freshplayer which doesn't sandbox flash or any other pepper plugins running in it. The only thing you get is newer versions of plugins.

Despite this "bloat", it's still lighter and less demanding than firefox is.

>You probably
use* freshplayer

>all you're doing is playing catch-up with another browser?
but that's not the point of this move, they just want to save money. see

wow they have their priorities backwards.

no one cares about performance, flash or pdf.

what people do care about is making sure their product doesn't marginalize minorities and fights against injustice. such as racism.

what is e10s?

mozilla lacks real direction...

this. Pepper API is more secure than NPAPI

also this, and this:
>seriously nobody should use in-browser pdf viewers. that's just sad. they all suck

>what is e10s?
electrolysis, firefox multiprocess

why the fuck would they use pepper API when they could just continue development of shumway so we can drop flash altogether?

>we can drop flash altogether

I dropped flash over 6 months ago, and the only time I missed it was for some gook video site. It's basically dead anyway, just uninstall.

welcome to Cred Forums, newfriend

as the article says, money

Adopting PPAPI and making use of an existing plugin < maintaining an entire plugin in house

People at Mozilla probably wanted to continue shumway but it's such a huge project

>alphabet still sounds too friendly
think about it in the context of Snow Crash and you will realize how sinister it really is

> many more features
I don't know man, I use both and fuck me I can't find those "features" everywhere. Besides, PDF.js is also shit slow.

it was the mozilla leadership.
destroying a great opportunity, and an entire brand, workplaces, everything, just to pander to mentally ill people.

it's just FUCKED.

No.
> can't sync
> the email client is behind thunderbird
> no mobile client

Nope.

> what is e10s?
a waste of money.
even with full e10s (nightly), you have stutter.
in theory it should be like Safari on an iPhone, a completely fluid UI while rendering, but that never happens.

also, I just don't get it. I mean Servo is not ready, heck at this pace it will take 10 more years, but investing in e10s with Gecko, that is some crazy bad investment right there.

Considering how Eich has a background in programming he probably would have supported dropping NPAPI. It doesn't really make sense to continue maintaining NPAPI when there's no need for it. It frees up devs for more important things.

So it will take Firefox several years for what Opera did years ago.

become a chrome skin?

Opera removed the entire browser and forked Chromium. Kinda different.

Of course they did, it's the best engine, the most efficient and the most used one. No webmaster is giving a shit whether his site is compatible with some engine that is used by 2% of people on the internet.

It's kind of the same except firefox has been working on their new parts for like 5 years and they're really just late.

Maybe they'll call it something other than firefox, but servo+electrolysis IS a different browser altogether. I don't remember when they went to spidermonkey but it's still shitting all over vp8 (node lol)

>they're really just late
That's what Opera concluded way back when. They just weren't able to maintain Presto. There were numerous bugs and webmasters used to optimize their sites for Blink, so Opera programmers would have to optimize them for Presto themselves. In my opinion, it was a sensible decision.

Opera is a company that has stakeholders who wanted them to do something to make money so they took the path of least resistance. It makes perfect sense for them but Mozilla's mission doesn't allow them to do that.

Well mozilla does JUST THIS, work on its browser. Other people can piece together browsers from its parts like chrome did while they create newer faster things under the hood.

Firefox has like 10 times more devs working on it than Opera did on any given time. So they shouldn't really be late. Opera simply didn't have the resources to maintain Presto. Firefox does, but they're still lagging behind. Another year like this and they'll be on 2% marketshare.

Maintaining compatibility with addons kinda sucks doesn't it. Luckily Opera barely had users so they never had that problem.

They also don't have salesman selling their browser free with every other exe on the internet. Normieshare is hard to beat.

It would suck less if firefox's version checking wasn't broken
>YES I SWEAR VERSION 46.* is bigger than 45.0.bullshit. THIS ADDON IS FUCKING COMPATIBLE COME ON

This

>be firefox
>fire cofounder of firefox and creator of javascript
>its OK guys, we don't need the guy who created all this. Remember that time Apple fired Steve Jobs and did totally fine? What about when Microsoft fired Bill Gates and did awesome? History has shown us that we do not require the person who made it all happen in the first place in order to succeed!

Well, Opera is chugging along nicely, the implementation of VPN into the browser brought them 2 million users in a week. And that's the thing, Opera is constantly adding new features, while firefox has problems to keep basic functionality up to date.

but user, Pocket and Hello and Australis were new features

And they're useless. Compare that to Opera's built in VPN, adblocker, video popup, personalized news feed, opera turbo and neat bookmark management.

also pdf.js, shumway, tracking protection, forget button, the new search box, the experiments addon is another thing they recently started messing with

>Opera has no current plans to open source its browser.

into the /dev/null it goes.

Which new search box? They have like 5 overlapping crufty search things.

PDF.js was awful and insecure at best, they should definitely be using someone else's.

Shumway is.... scary at best, best to ignore that. Tracking is good, I dunno what a forget button is or experiments addon. My current addons break most content for me.

Did you know Eich said that Javascript was a mistake? It's not like Eich is the only person in the world who knows how to implement programming languages. In fact, Mozilla are maintaining their very own Rust language. Eich contributed to the annals of history but it's not like he has exclusive skills and knowledge that others can't pick up.

reminder:
Blink is a fork of WebKit, which is a fork of KHTML, which came from KDE.

It is a pretty impressive thing, designing it in a weekish. It's okay cause webasm is going to trash it and bring binary blobs to the web.

Safari got in that mix too somewhere, they didn't even EEE.

The forget button was implemented several versions back. It was not really announced so barely anyone noticed it but it's basically a way to clear recent files without disrupting older stuff.

>It's the daily "Firefox is soooo bad" thread

Yeah i don't keep files so totally not for me, don't need firefox doing MORE writes.

that's plain stupid. do it the other way around and use firefox to read pdfs. less bloat on your PC.

>PDF.js was awful and insecure at best,
It's no more insecure than any other form of javascript. The problem with pdf.js is that it ships by default so malware can expect it to be present in a large number of browsers so they can be written to take advantage of vulnerabilities in the javascript engine by utilizing it.

>Shumway is.... scary at best, best to ignore that.
It was actually a pretty elegant solution to the problem. It minimizes attack surface and allows flash to continue to work. Problem is that it's a huge undertaking and there's no way Mozilla alone can hope to make it happen.

Enjoy having to wait a second every time you scroll down because the PDF viewer is written in fucking javascript and is slow as shit

mandatory, my man.

I enjoy having a quick computer.
As always with Firefucks: Only poorfags complain about firefox's speed.

PDF the spec is pretty fucking insecure but other security aspects of an operating systems generally handle that.

I don't hate on what shumway is, just not sure how you're going to run fucking arbitrary flash code on your machine with firefox's shitty ass sandboxing. GNU tried it too so it's amazing they got anywhere at all.

Nobody ought to need flash in the future though so no biggy.

but mozilla writes in asm.js

>autism.js
well memed

It's for convenience. PDF is an open standard.

ASM.js is pretty fuckin fast, I dunno llvm for shit and also work in reglar javascript so please kill me already.

>yandex
"Yandex is one of the largest internet companies in Europe, operating Russia’s most popular search engine. We provide user-centric products and services based on the latest innovations in information retrieval, machine learning and machine intelligence to a worldwide customer audience on all digital platforms and devices. Headquartered in Moscow, we have development and sales offices in 17 locations across nine countries."

From their own website. yeh dud

Before the SJW take over, Mozilla decided to shit the bed and start copying Chrome. In the interest of stopping users from moving over. Rather than making Firefox more safer and faster (e10s).

That was around the same time google pulled a lot of its funding too. Poor and desperate, mozilla sold its soul to shitlords.

Fucks sake if you don't like the road Firefox is going down stop complaining about it on daily posts.Even better start spreading info about how other browsers are better, and I mean, actual good browsers such as Surf.

Surf is literally the worst browser, even among microbrowsers. What I at least actually want is for firefox to get forked away from moz or have them at least turn their shit around.

i only still use this piece of shit because of tree style tabs, copy urls expert, umatrix and noscript. any browser that supports similar functionality will replace it, eventually. i just want mozilla to get fucked for being so incompetent

What's the point of even using firefox anymore if its just a reskinned chrome?

>Opera's built in VPN

It's not a fucking VPN. It's a proxy and utterly useless.

>some gook video site

Eich will have his revenge when Brave surpasses everything.

>Where did it all go wrong?
they fired brandan eich, hired some motherfuckign retard whose only qualification was that he was a SJW.

Fuck Brendan Eich. He left Mozilla because his poor public relations was stirring up a bunch of shit and causing major websites to do things like make interstitial pages to switch away from Firefox based on user agent string.

No one cares that you're a special snowflake because you don't like Firefox and are voting for Trump because "muh sjws" and "muh cucks." Mozilla isn't going anywhere. Use some other shit browser at your own peril.

ebin de nigguz be laffan

>No one cares that you're a special snowflake because you don't like Firefox and are voting for Trump
I think you need to revise your idea of what is being referenced by the term "snowflake"

Nobody is talking about the gay ass alt-right but you.

I don't care what you think, billybob

>Posting horsey
Now I understand you're just shitposting. Nobody that goes to Cred Forums posts horsey unironically. Donald Trump will make america great again user.

Your containment board. Return to it.

why? or what? who are you to tell anyone where to go?

Oh no, Fx is going to use Chrome components for features I don't use anyway. The horror.

They should just scrap FF and fork Chromium.

Fuck off retard

They should use Chrome components that are useful. Like the engine.

Hell no

stfu kid

yes. gecko is slow af
and servo will take like 5 years before it becomes stable

>this blatant shit posting

Kill yourself ASAP

Fuck you, we need competition. It's already down to just Blink and Gecko

it's called nodejs, stupid kid

>vp8 useful part of chrome
lol yeah except where it's shittier than firefox's javascript engine in all ways.

Mozilla will likely never adopt webkit/blink or nitro/V8. It doesn't make any sense for them to do that. They don't give a fuck about using the most common rendering or javascript engine their purpose is to prevent everyone from using the same shit. To prevent a monoculture on the internet like what happened with IE6.

Then they should see that their new engine becomes good. And fast. Else Fagfox will go the way of Presto

I will still continue to use Firefox.

>kid arguments

why is pdf even considered a basic web feature?

should we also make a javascript docx reader?

After the firefox 4.

v8 has been slower than spidermonkey for years, especially if you use asm.js subset
>we need webasm because javascript is so slow -google

There are addons that provide that functionality I think

Okay

>get so fed up with Firefox turning into Chrome that I decide it's time to switch to Opera
>Opera literally becomes a Chrome fork overnight
I'M GONNA FRICK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jediism

I'm just glad I got a few years out of Opera before it died. Hell, I'm still using it now.

opera was fucking awesome. everyone copied its features, and yet the old opera still beats browsers in terms of features and usability

how does firefox 25 always find a way to eventually update despite every conceivable effort I can think? If I could use an online only mode I would

>Windows servo builds were supposed to come out mid-July
>still not out
>Mozilla dev deletes the github comment assuring they'd be out by some date in July
I can't with these people anymore.

>Windows has no software
I'm laffin. Get a real operating system, kid.

It doesn't look good for Mozilla or their Rust language either way if they miss their own shipping dates by months.

That would be true if they didn't release ANYWHERE, but they just opted out of releasing to windows. I can run servo and drop screenies on this bitch all night.

Other builds were already out, they specifically said Windows builds on the Windows issue page would be released by a specific date, how does it being on other platforms make up for their shortcomings either in management or their language Rust? Why are you trying to excuse their shortcomings?

>windows logic

Cause lol windows, what don't you understand? I mean it's probly something relating to LLVM>Rust toolchain but still..... lolwindows. Windows is at best a second class citizen in the world of programming and even usering.

What a great argument, I guess Mozilla isn't incompetent at all because "lol Windows".

Now I am not only disgusted with Mozilla but their new userbase as well. There's no redeeming quality to this husk of an old company.

Didn't they miss their original schedule for all platforms by months already?

So mad, anyway Mozilla doesn't need to target windows with a development build because nobody develops on windows. It's not some shiny new Edge version, it's a proof of concept of a small part of a browser written in not-visual-studio.

It really doesn't matter to anyone on windows and it's hilarious that they just opted out. Really shows how far they've fallen.

People still use SJWfox unironically?

Of course. It and SeaMonkey are the only non-shit browsers that receive updates.

>So mad
Why wouldn't I be, I bet most people are frustrated by you, you have such a shitty attitude.

>it's a proof of concept of a small part of a browser written in not-visual-studio
That adds to my point, it looks bad on them and their language, so much for portability, like it or not Windows still has the highest marketshare for desktops.

>Really shows how far they've fallen.
And you wonder why I'd be mad when everyone who did like this company is now running out of options, they're making everything worse in every way, being absolutley batshit with their managmnet and funding, all while being actual months behind on this porject while being years behind on others in their mainline products. If you can't see why that's frustrating then I don't know what to tell you. Saying "lol windows" is no excuse for them in any regard, they're getting worse every day in significant ways.

>Not visual studio
>Looks awful for their portability!

I was talking about windows, windows has fallen to the point of being some special snowflake dinosaur nobody can dev for.

Yeah mozilla is a shitty evil company but their R&D and code guys have always been pretty decent. The firefox codebase has never been decent until very nearly now.

They've been managing two or three separate browsers (firefox, mobile,electrolysis+servo+whatever, rip firefoxos) and managing to compete on some level while also being fucking retarded in management and shit. Pretty impressive, but nobody will mourn the loss of windows.

Whatever man. At this point I think you're just after the attention so I'm out.

assuming i am dropping Firefox and haven't payed much attention to other browsers

Is Icecat/Palemoon good?

>they specifically said Windows builds on the Windows issue page would be released by a specific date

experimental projects do tend to be rather experimental

It was not a "shipping date", right now servo is in a very early pre-release state, it doesn't even render most pages right from what I've seen. This was never intended to be used by anyone except testers and people who are developing it. A lot of the people who develop and test it use *nix so that was given higher priority than winders

>if i wont use it itll go away
That's how dumb you sound.
JS is here to stay. Whether you like it or not.

Zero fucks given, I'm on ESR.

RIP, opera 12.16 ;_;7
we hardly knew ye.

Microsoft Edge doesn't have this problem.

>using fagfox

We still have original WebKit and EdgeHTML (which is still largely Trident).

Yandex is just Russian Google.

>spend years of manpower on pdf.js
>LOL LET'S USE CHROME'S
the fuck is wrong with those idiots

>The PDF viewer isn't even better, it would just save them money

They recieve 300 million dollars per year for fucks sake, how is money a prolem for them? what are they doing with is if is not using it for the browser development?

I don't mind this, Firefox is literally the only reason I have to keep that allways-updating, ram-hogging Adobe cancer in my PC