/wt/ watch thread - Sealurker 4000 edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PqrtCG1BIkE
youtu.be/NQNOHNC40KM
4lVKKi1H.kckb.st
kickstarter.com/projects/398973070/ventus-mori-brass-diver-300m
youtube.com/watch?v=5kZe7rjJWg0
watchgecko.com/
monkeyswag.com/
amazon.com/Rolex-Submariner-Stainless-Automatic-114060/dp/B00884L67G/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1475359276&sr=1-3&nodeID=6358539011&keywords=rolex submariner
theminimalists.com/watch/
imgur.com/a/YYvoN
google.com/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&q=rolex datejust diamonds&oq=rolex datejust diamonds&gs_l=img.12...0.0.0.5199.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.img..0.0.0.KZLWaG1EbhE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Superior watch to the Submariner or the BlackBay coming through

Are there any Jap 3-6-9-12 watches? Seiko, Orient, anything? To me it looks like it's mostly a euro thing. Also I know Vostok makes them, but I'm specifically wondering about Jap.

Non-watch guy here. I found this guy on reddit.

This guy is a cunt like those guys who think they're a "car guy" cos they have a shiny new Audi, but know fuck-all about cars except how prestigious they make you look.

Is my assessment accurate? How do I get all that from a shot of someone's wrist?

Great, yet another tripfag with an overabundance of shit taste. Just what these threads need.

He wears an IWC, fashionbrand mostly

Shut up, he's been here longer than you and probably has burned through a lot more SHITTERS than you have.

Seriously though, just bash him every chance he gives you.

>techically better watch=/=better looking watch

Yes the SNE331.

Thank you, but it's real ugly, I'm afraid.

It makes zero practical difference whether a watch has 200m or 1200m of water resistance to the overwhelming majority of people.

Milgauss or speedmaster?

Thank you, I like getting bashed
>bambino

How hard did you REEEEEE?

this one lul

i'd rob you guys then take you home to your wife/gf and make you the cuck

Superior watch to the Pelagos coming through

>yet another tripfag

like my watch?

is it real? havent bothered to look for fake pics when I havent owned the real deal.

Markers seem a bit off but that might jsut be the Hublot way :^)

no gf, this is Cred Forums buddy, enjoy fucking my dog

S W I S S M A D E

I know it's ugly but there's no need to be afraid.

What about the SRP043?

>screws don't line up
Dogshit.

How's that polished rehaut treating you?

new acquisition and also my first "luxury" piece

nice v6 dude

What size should the NATO for a f-91w be, 18mm?

VERY understated, I like it. I think the simplicity would be better matched by a black leather strap though

in with best memewatch

Cold be a reason, yes. And that is really a bad design, they cold have applied lume around the aperture and made the date visible also at night.

>They're called moonwatches because they were brought to the moon. I don't know why you think a moonphase should be connected to that when said watches did not have that complication.
I know the back story. This is juts my opinion on this, not an ultimatum I plan to send Omega. I don't know, perhaps it is a poetic side but I just like to look at the Moon and it is a lot faster to find it when you know the moon phase. Regrettably there is practically zero chance of me going there in person.

>And in fact a hypothetical "earthphase"
There is nothing hypothetically about the Earth phase. I even provided you with an example here >is even more useless as the earth is either 100% visible or completely unable to be seen thanks to the moon being tide locked.
That is both irrelevant and wrong. While tidally locked there is still libration since lunar orbit is somewhat elliptic.
Earth phase would also tell you where there is day and night and what time zones you can see.

>The other issue is the shadow the moon casts on the earth is miniscule and in fact only rarely crosses the planet (in the form of a solar eclipse).
True. That is what the dragon hand in the picture indicates.

No, Achmed.

the metal bracelet is amazing for the price though, and looks great

Got better pics?

If I take off my watch and there are red watch imprints on my wrist am I wearing it too tightly

What happened to him? He used to be alright now he keeps torturing his viewers with his fake smiles. He tries so hard to be eccentric now, it's so cringeworthy.

youtu.be/NQNOHNC40KM

Yup. Remember: you should be able to squeeze a fingertip under the buckle.

Which model is this?

Is that the one with the 2836-2 movement?

Why not sell that SCAR and get yourself a real Rolex so you won't look like a retard when you're not operating?

too lazy to take one at this hour but here is a pic off the internet

556i, top grade 2824-2

sinn is not a luxury brand I'm afraid

Do you keep jour watch on your wrist when you sleep? I'm tempted to do so because of the convenience of luminescence.

Wish be luck boys, it looks like its maxed out @700 for now until maybe towards the end.

that would be a waste
the only people who care are the autists that populate this shit hole

>556i

It's 38mm but it looks so big.

This is why I haven't bought a 358. It's 42mm but it looks like 50mm in person.

Same can be said about the SCAR17, only idiots circlejerk to it. Especially when an AR10 works just as well and has more aftermarket support.

sounds like someone owns an AR10 abortion
is it DPMS or something 'better' like mega :^

that's just because i have a 6 inch wrist

the angle also distorts a bit, the size is perfect in my eyes

Ayone who is into microbrands might want to check this shit
4lVKKi1H.kckb.st

>full titanium
>unidirectional matte ceramic bezel
>sapphire crystal
>seiko movement with hacking and handwinding
>40mm
>£190

passed it's funding target only 20 minutes after going live.
only a few of the standard pledges left.

/shill

Very expensive watch box you have there sir.

>$195 not available
>only have $250 price
Fuck that.

$195 is for people who signed up on like the first hour.
$245 is still ridiculously cheap for what you get.
same price as an seiko SKX.

I honestly don't like the look of it, anyways tanks for posting this. If there's a bronze Kickstarter let me know.

Congrats man, always appreciate Sinn, theyre great watches.

funny you should say that
i was looking at this earlier

kickstarter.com/projects/398973070/ventus-mori-brass-diver-300m

Its great bang for buck but my autism cant handle the case design, straight lugs on a diver, my god. Honestly the 8926ob does just as a good job techically for way less money.

My custom OB:
New Sel bracelt with oysterclasp, rebrushed.
Case redone completely, no engraving, better brushing.

One of the few watches people gave compliments on, really polished this turd well apparently.

He has to make views and money since he got so ill last time. Really feel bad for him, murica is raping him with medical bills regularly due to lung collapses.

Man I don't like that double dome, also there's no no date or dial color option...

Shitter!!

You should never pay more than $1500 for an ETA

I might get this ?

Why wouldn't I?

Under $2k, chronograph, date, beautiful.

You can get a variation of a Speedy for that.

Already have a speedy desu

Sarg009 is the best I can think of

Reverso or Subby next...

Alright, we're getting there. Too bad the Spork is now extinct in the wild, at least non-used ones.

Any watches you guys recommend for my on duty police wear? :^)

Definitely not a black one at last.

Timex Ironman

I'm not here to spoon feed horology to idiots.

Patek Grand Complications.

>dial designs are now "horology"
Go fuck yourself I bet you can't do anything more complex than adjusting rate with Wildspectra. In only one position of course, you pompous layman.

I got a 556i to be my daily beater and eventually found it to be too understated. Even something like the new Anniversary 556 has enough going on with the dial so won't get boring.

When should you buy a watch that's >$5000?

Yes but not in that awful color.

>paying thousands of dollars for a watch
oy

Spotted the newfag.

Why don't you try looking yourself then fuck face. I'm not your personal assistant.

Wow, you're an idiot, congratulations.

I'm sorry, I thought we were having a discussion. You know, the thing non-autists sometimes have, for example your parents upstairs.

For when your phone dies and still need peoples contact information to come pick you up from jail/random ditch you passed out in.

That happen to you often?

Speaking of Hamilton, I've been considering a Hamilton Khaki Automatic, how does /wt/ feel about them?

>tfw when you've finally sold your spare LM special
>tfw when the price of the SRP773 is dropping rapidly

The Khaki mechanical is pretty well accepted, the automatic version is alright too but still has the inherent issue that the ETA 2824 suffers from.

I'm surprised you know what non-autists do, especially after you sperg out earlier.

Seems to me you want a watch that looks a certain way but are too lazy to look yourself.

Wow, you're autistic. Also congratulations.

Wow, you're angry. Are you at least the same person or two different oversensitive dummies? I'm sorry you couldn't come up with a good answer to the original quesion, but you have to understand that outside your video games and cartoons that sometimes happens. I didn't have an answer and so didn't you, no reason to get upset over that.

Fuckwit in cognitive dissonance

>decide to wear a watch again for the first time in over a decade
>get my old Boccia titanium watch repaired
>tfw it pisses me off that it's not accurately synced to atomic clocks down to the millisecond all the time
Looking for a radio-controlled analog watch now.

>down to the millisecond
You're going to have to be under 200 miles from your atomic signal for that.

Honestly +/- 0.5s would already satisfy me.
I just wondered: Most GSM towers broadcast atomic time too. Why aren't any watches making use of that?

If you're going to make a cellular receiver then you might as well just use a GPS receiver instead. No need to screw with various cellular standards.

That one looks actually good.
Seiko and Citizen seem to make the only somewhat affordable, good looking, analog, radio-controlled watches.

Let's get something straight. Hublot doesn't use Valjoux 7750 or 7750 derivatives, right? Some guy just threw three Hublots on my orkbench, all with bracelet issues. They're all reps, right?

Nevermind, all three have the same serial number.

Hey guys, I'm looking for a nice entry level watch, is the Seiko 5 the only viable option if I decide to satisfy my autism and go mechanical? Would I get better bang for my buck if I went for a quartz movement instead? Where's the best place for a yuropoor to buy watches anyhow?

>is the Seiko 5 the only viable option if I decide to satisfy my autism and go mechanical?
Orient or vostok

>Would I get better bang for my buck if I went for a quartz movement instead?
generally not, no. But a 40 dollar g-shock is a good watch for the money.

>Where's the best place for a yuropoor to buy watches anyhow?
Not sure. I know creationwatches out of singapore is good, but not sure if it's the best option for you guys.

I'm Dutch and I bought my Seiko 5 sport from Monsterwatches.nl . Might want to take a look at that, he sells all kind of seiko and casio watches. He also does sand/pearlblasting of watchcasings and has a nice warranty policy.

Thanks for the tips, I wonder if this will turn into yet another autistic obsession of mine

Buy a Vostok Amphibia if you want handwinding with your automatic movement. Seiko 5 and Orient is fine too, just no handwinding. But you get to quickset the date which Vostoks don't have.

Aspen20, what watch do a sled rider wear?

>Autists ... with guns.
What could possibly go wrong?

>Ayone who is into microbrands might want to check this shit
>4lVKKi1H.kckb.st
OK, I did.

And I had hoped someone would create something new. After all they themselves set the target up high:
>A modern take on the classic automatic dive watch
And what does that mean when we land in reality?
>Titanium case, ceramic bezel, sapphire crystal and automatic movement
Really. There is exactly zero news here.Titanium, ceramics and sapphire has been used for decades and what spud thinks automatic movement is new?! Perhaps this is more a bald faced attempt of emptying the pockets of the uninformed, a kind of idiot tax.

>In a sea of "me too" minimalistic watches and clones, we set about redefining what an affordable, crowdfunded watch could be.
... and ended up with adding to the sea with yet another "me too" watch. The purpose seems more to turn the sea into an ocean.

>might as well just use a GPS receiver instead
GPS receivers use a lot of power. It was built for US military in a WWIII scenario, not with civilian mobile equipment in mind.

Thus cellular receivers might be better and the low frequency time stations are very likely the best in terms of power requirements.

Reminder that your pants likely have a pocket for a pocket watch.

Well of course, everyone carries a phone now.

Except phones are now larger than any pocketwatch was. Hell, we're going back to the early 90's in phone size.

How els can you tell poor people to fuck off without opening your mouth?

Is this thing worth £40?

Invicta is greater value than the Seiko or Vostok due to it being around 89$ and having a high level seiko movement (nh35, hacking and handwinding) and better depth resistance than a cheap seiko 5. Also avoid russian shitters, low quality movements that cant be serviced easily.

Unless you really don't like the submariner style ofc, go seiko5 then

Loving my Weekender Chrono beater

So you're saying the whole case, bezel, crystal, crown, gaskets, dial and hands are only $30 in total? Sounds like great quality, does it come with the complementary metal shavings indside the case?

>spotted the russkie
You make mother russia proud

Its the movement that costs on the invicta, its better than ANY seiko 5 movement! Also it is an basic oyster case that just werks.

I don't say russkie watches are not "good value" but you really get what you pay for, 30 bucks can only buy you so much quality.

Oh yeah fuckers, used car salesman watch incoming. Like this one but with the solid gold middle link bracelet instead.

Wow, you must be trolling. No one is this shameless of a shill.

>its better than ANY seiko 5 movement!

So you continue to prove you're a either a really clueless faggot who is shilling for Invicta of all companies or just a shitty troll.

The NH35/4R35/4R36 movement is used in the Seiko 5 line as well, and they are far better than another Rolex knockoff.

Shilling the best value watch under 100$? Yeah no still waiting on that check from invicta like youre waiting for your watch from russia :^)

Yes they do exist, but not in anyone worth buying since the look like absolute dogshit and
>under 100$

I miss Ecoshill.

>Posts for the ugliest Seiko 5 model he could find

Boy are you trying hard.

But you can't compete pricewise with watches that are assembled in the back room of Chinese sweatshops. And just because they drop in a NH35 doesn't meant the rest of the watch is equally well made. Or as said.

I expected the monthly shill to be somewhat interesting at least.

ruski watch checking in

So you get a nicer movement but you then have a shameless sub ripoff that you have to mod extensively to remove the utterly ridiculous amount of branding, including a massive INVICTA carved into the fucking side of the case

Monthly? I've been shilling this watch for COME BACK IN TEN YEARS

Holy shit, not like the Seiko 5s dont have that ugly five on their dial.

Its all compromises under 200$, thats what it is, seikos are good watches, but the invicta is BETTER VALUE, now pls stop.

How about if now on only watchmakers are allowed to trip here?

Only the movement is slav you know. The rest are either german or chink.Still it doesn't seem to hurt that the lume isn't like the shitty commie compound Vostok uses.

Why does this watch have the numbers 1 to 24 around the outside?

They don't correspond to a hand.

I believe Sekonda is chink nowadays so it probably doesn't mean anything.

ugly ass Sinn

i think mostly german, nothing wrong with kraut

I'm assuming I'll be stuck with chink for under £100 though?

Any help?

Not really, still it depends if you want used/vintage or new?

Doesn't have to be new.

I adore the styling and functionality of the Omega Speedmaster, and pilot watches.

Definitively not if its quartz, but timez are usually shitters. 20$ max

It's mechanical and from 1973 if that makes any difference, how much would you say it's worth knowing that?

20$, its probably shot junk, TGV just recently bough some random automatic that was in much better conditon and better looking for 30$. Make sure its working before buying but I would suggest to avoid it.

What are the best beater watches for under $50 and has a quartz movement? Digital is okay. I want something iconic but ubiquitous.

You could get a decent quartz chronograph from Seiko or Citizen.

A lot of their models are aviation-esq, but i think something along the SSB line from Seiko would be nice. Especially interesting is the 6T6X/VK64 mechaquartz movement. (SSB031P1 as an example)

Or attempt to get a decent shape Poljot 3133.

Ignore and filter him.

Overall, a British made Timex that's in good shape is worth a 40$ and up to 75$ in mint shape.

But the one you posted is far from it.

What did I just tell him? That its FAR from being worth 40$. But whatever. Any vintage watch worth around 20$ is a so called shitter, poo in the loo, no offense.

>Any vintage watch worth around 20$ is a so called shitter, poo in the loo, no offense.

A poo in the loo watch is pretty much any Seiko 5/Citizen/Orient/Ricoh that comes out of India, along with the domestically made HMT.

The movement is the key to deciding whether it's a shitter watch or not, and in the case of the Timex having a cheap unjeweled movement it's certainly is. Same goes for the Timex automatic.

The Timex Dynabeat models are interesting though, 28800 bph along with some GMT models.

Glorious ETA master race

Are Enicar vintage watches any good?
What would be a good price for this one?

Hello Pajeet, long time no see.

What salary do I need to earn in USD in order to comfortably afford and maintain a Swiss mechanical watch? What is your profession and how much do you earn?

My first "expensive" watch will be from Nomos. I just can't decide what model.
If you had to buy a Nomos today, which one would you choose?

youtube.com/watch?v=5kZe7rjJWg0

Good god, this guy is a serious tool, just look at the comments he leaves. Do you really have to be an insufferable douche nowadays to make it as a Youtube watch reviewer?

I really like the Tangente, it's the watch that brought me to Nomos in the first place.
I wouldn't get the Doctors without Borders one myself, but they really do appeal.
But the Tangente almost seems too obvious of a choice, and too simple for its own good. The other models have slightly more complex designs; I'm afraid the Tangente would get old fast after wearing it too much.

Rodina lol

/wt/ lets design a watch together. First lets start with the dial: Logo is /wt/ thats easy, but what will read under it? First one wins.

Then comes what will read on the lower part of the dial, first three gets put on.

Warming up my photoshop meanwhile.

Newfag or troll pretending to be a newfag?

The reason I want a watch from Nomos isn't just the looks.

So I memed you earlier posting a $15 chink knockoff, but I would actually recommend requesting a catalog from nomos. Some other user did and posted pics and it looked pretty good.

>reshilling the hamtun kickstarter
4lVKKi1H.kckb.st

they are adding stretch goals soon (drilled lugs, better lume, both titanium and rubber straps with each watch)

Looks like something Cred Forums's own desktop thread would design. Specifically the "muh Linux minimalism" idiots.

TL;DR: I don't like it.

Yeah I just did before posting.
No ADs or boutiques near me unfortunately, which is one of the downsides of buying from a smaller brand.

>Minimalism
>Date window

>MMXVI
>nitpicking

I recently got this as an introduction to automatic watches it was cheap , ordered on Amazon from Japan.

What's a fair price for a Rolex Explorer in the Grey market right now?

I quite like it.
There's nothing pretty about it but, it's not meant to look pretty.
It's meant to look like a contemporary tool diver, and it does.

I use this as my beater

Are there any chinkwatches that are not a Lolex or whatever worth getting?
Something like the amphibia: shitty and cheap, but originally served a real purpose and has some history.

Nomos Club Automat.

Seagull 1967 or Dong Feng maybe?

Try to find an original 70's Chinese Standard Movement watch in good condition. Like a Shanghai or Baoshihua.

where to buy top quality natos? no cheap $50 straps.

Using cheap ETA movements as beaters is a good idea

watchgecko.com/
monkeyswag.com/

both based in the UK but i'm sure they ship internationally

Depends on your budget. The new automatics they keep releasing are getting more and more expensive.

>monkeyswag.com/
This. I got regular and Phoenix natos from them, both are pretty good. Phoenix is sickeningly good though, I had mine for more than a month now but it's pretty much glued to my Amphibia, I have no reason to put anything else on it.

Hello Sven

You recognize my wrists ?

I just bought 3 of their standard straps, the SBS, the Fallow and the Nimbus.
Lovely colours. Especially the SBS one.
They could be a little longer though. I've got small wrists and can barely get the tongue back through both of the 'hoops', if you know what i mean. Shame the Phoenix NATOs aren't available in the same colours.

Polywatch, desu

I can tell this is a bad fake, and i know nothing about panerai

>the inherent issue that the ETA 2824 suffers from
what issue?

If I have to adjust shitty Lorus or Sekonda links on work again, I might kill myself. They're so awful to work with!

Grabbed this today for $15.

Awesome Y/N?

Wow lol this is a bad fake...

A good buy for $15, even if it is pretty ugly.

>rotor self-winding
Most retarded inscription so far

Yeah not sure if I'm gonna keep it or just sell it. Already got a gshock Dv5600 this just feels superfluous. It's auto adjusting and solar which is cool.

Also realized target forgot to remove the security tag at the checkout kek.

do it Cred Forums
amazon.com/Rolex-Submariner-Stainless-Automatic-114060/dp/B00884L67G/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1475359276&sr=1-3&nodeID=6358539011&keywords=rolex submariner

But that's almost 4x what I paid for my car.

Please shoot yourself and take yourself out of the gene pool. No one besides the military(not even cops) should own guns.

go back to /k/

only sell it if you truly do not want it, don't sell it because some faggot calls it ugly

you got a deal for $15

is casio f91w a good watch?

Why would someone advocating a complete disarmament of weapons be from a board about weapons?

That's like asking the Amish to go to Cred Forums.

>thats the point

enjoy death by niggers you bleeding heart

It's good enough

Guiz I got my Omega Speedmaster Pro dropped in for service today but forgot to mention the issue with it - When wound the power only lasts a few hours.
Am I right in thinking the service will probably cover this? Anyone know about Omega servicing? Is it OK?

I only really like or understand Rolexes and Omegas.
Specifically I like the classics, they have that.

This is one of the few non classic watches I've seen that didn't make me think a Pakistani owned it.

Very nice, very simple. I'm impressed.

yay or nay?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Cred Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Nay.
Looks like a fashion watch.

>internal bezel tool diver
>looks like a fashion watch

thanks for reminding me why i don't come to /wt/ very often.

You fucking philistine

>I might get this ?
If you want it and can comfortably afford it, why not? Get what you want.

also watching this

going to put a cheeky last minute bid on if it stays under £300

Based Taste.

I've got skinny wrists and my DW5600 is already pushing it in terms of how silly it looks and this one is even bulkier, and doesn't really do anything my other gshock doesn't except have 5 alarms.

discuss which is the best g-shock and why it's the GW-M5610-1ER

good enough for Osama

is basically on steroids

nah it's basically a fancy DW5600 with solar charging and auto time set

Any one?

Are the prices I see on Chrono 24 for mint explorers right or are there places where I could do better?

r8/h8/appreciate senpai

guess which one is the only to get a (you) in real life

Did the apple cinnamon fig bar do it? That sounds good.

Otherwise I would assume it would come from far right, or the pepsi.

the fig bar is bitching yes

the snzg had two different people told me they like it alot when I had it on a leather nato last winter

Should I pull the trigger on this?
$100 Orient King Diver.

i've never had anyone compliment my snzg
are you sure they weren't just humouring you?

the worst thing is you being born, and thinking we care about your shitty opinions

nah, both people who were colleagues who approached me randomly

I always think about selling it but never do, I wear it more than I think I do/will. The only thing I would replace it with would maybe be a cheap hamilton automatic.

Rolex Datejust I bought from a coworker for $2000

All that wealth and he's content with a $10 Casio, wtf.

theminimalists.com/watch/

Is there any way to ensure that a watch battery will not leak? Any specific type or brand I should avoid ?

ew

Got my first non-$10 watch as a poorfag after going through recommendations. I like it.
3 more years, then I'll be done university and have money for nice things.

i know that feel too well man

i'm planning on getting a bm8180 then adding a leather strap, and using it all through my 7 years of school

How do you guys tell time while showering?

Did you, like go to an AD to make sure the thing is real? I mean it looks real so far but those diamonds are not set by Rolex, which lowers its value a lot.

TICK

Trade your Persian rug for a better timepiece instead of completing university.

It's tiny , it's a kid sized watch

I've never received compliments about my watches, nor have I complimented other people on theirs. That is such a weird thing to do...

is the same as
?

>ticks not nearly as loud as g made them out to be
>mine
lol belongs to the landlord

do you have baby sized wrists or is that case/dial humongous? What model #?

>belongs to the landlord

are you in a shared apartment or something?

Nowatch newbie here. Looking for the nicest possible watch I can get under $100. Any ideas? I saw some Parnis watches that looked good, but I'm not sure if anyone has experience with them. Any other recommendations?

f91

I want something that looks a little nicer for work. Something I can wear to formal events.

>I saw some Parnis watches that looked good,
they are garbage

what sort of style of watch would you like?#
something dressy?
something utilitarian?
something trendy?

>snzg

Are these watches good? I see them posted in this thread a lot. Do you wind them up ?

Depends on wrist size.

he wants an f91

whats that user, you want an f91? same, I'm wearing one right now!

>going to formal events

I want something stylish that I can wear to business dinners and such. I like simple and modernist in style.

Nobody likes F91W!

Wrist size is 6.5"

here is that pic of the f91 you asked for

excuse the camera phone

What exactly is a business dinner? What type of industry do the attendees work in?

I work in commodity trading and manufacturing. I take clients and suppliers out to dinner and occasionally attend formal conference dinners.

What's with the 1960s sex lamp?

SNX997 (pic related), or if you have really small wrists, the SNK795.

Yes, they are good value for money.
Seiko 5s are well respected, even by watch snobs.
No you don't wind them up. They have an automatic movement. It works from the motion of your body.

SNX997 (pic related), or if you have really small wrists, the SNK795.

Yes, they are good value for money.
Seiko 5s are well respected, even by watch snobs.
No you don't wind them up. They have an automatic movement. It works from the motion of your body.

I like the strap and size, but prefer something a bit more simple/modernist in design. Something like a Mondaine, but they have pretty bad reviews.

What type of commodities and what type of manufacturing? You might want something Made in USA if you're dealing with the "they took our jobs" type of all-American folk.

How do you determine when a watch was manufactured?

:^)

Google manufacturer's name + "serial lookup"

>tall with baby wrists
It's 42mm, weekender fairfield (the one with default red blue white American colors strap).
Rented place, this old asian couple owns 4 properties. They are very nice though, gave me their old sofa, TV, come by every once in while with spices they grow, etc.

Agricultural. We already got bought out by the chinkymen, so I'm not too worried about that issue at this point.

orient ER27008W?

Still a bit too traditional for my liking with the logo and the sarif fonts. The Parnis I liked was the Pilot knockoff. No logos. Sans Sarif fonts. Very clean and modern, but formal looking. Wish they were better quality.

Bought all these with food stamps. Did I do good?

thank you nigger

I had no idea that such a thing existed

What's the best fully-digital G-Shock listed at $99 or less on the Casio website? (They seem to be around half that on Amazon, which fits my budget perfectly.)

the one I posted on the leather strap has the blue face, it's an sngz11J, the one the other guy posted I think is the 15K/J

Seiko 5, literally infinite combos possible

What's the difference between 11J and 15K/J

size?

face color mainly, the way seiko works the numerals are different colors and case finishes of the same model line (generally very similar)... maybe someone can chime in if i am not explaining it correctly

K= made in Malaysia
J= made in Japan

On any other movement this would be a major issue, but not on the 2824
They're the cheapest movements to service and parts are literally everywhere.
Just limit how often you wind it and it should be good

Go look at the Casio lineage and oceanus lines.
Casio does syncing much better than both Seiko and Citizen.

Get a Casio MTP as your first watch.
If you find that you like watches, then you can move to Seiko, Orient or any of the good swiss brands like Oris.
If you don't then you'll have a nice watch that you won't need to baby and will be usable in casual and dressy occasions.

lol

>tfw really want a few vintage pocket watches because they look so damn nice
>all the fucking reddit and tumblr hipsters have ruined the market and it's hard to find a nice American watch for less than $150

Not in the slightest. get a new weekender, or better yet a Casio so you don't have to deal with the fucking TICK TICK

pretty sure he's talking about the actual pocket watch pocket that's in jeans and some slacks.

You know, the little pocket inside the bigger pocket?

Atlantik ahoi easily

If you don't use linux as your main OS you need to fuck off back to /fa/ and r/watches

Seiko and Citizen watches simply will not sync indoors, Casio watches don't have this problem

How's my meme?

Got about 1.5-2k to spend on a watch, something similar to a speedy. What's a good rec? Or should I just save for a real speedy instead?

Step aside plebs.

>My first "expensive" watch will be from Nomos.

Why? They are more expensive than similar offerings from Tudor or Grand Seiko without the prestige or build quality.

is seiko capable of making a diver that doesn't look absolutely fucking terrible

SKX007

you're fucking joking, right

Suck a dick

Thanks user, now I just need the money to buy one. I'm too bad at saving though.

here's another (you)

oh my god you're actually serious

Can I get one?

thats pretty fucking sweet. the bezel font is a little strange though.

also: nball mendez for my captcha

But Seiko invented the submariner style that Rolex popularised.

Oh yeah!

Nomos is literally the watch for fedora tippers who want to be a special snowflake for no good reasons.

Because it's got all the features you need, at a good price and without being as huge & fuck ugly as most G-Shocks.

You bought an ugly fake Rolex for $2000? What's your email? I have a bridge to sell you.

you should change your trip to !!MendEZG3MAx or something if you can

in honor of my captcha.

I look at the clock on the bathroom wall.

Just Google Seiko 5 and pick one you like. Most will be within budget.

no

DW-M5610

ass

kek

What is it with the insane value on Rolex watches? You never EVER see a new sub sell for less than $7000 but a Speedmaster will always sell for half price on gray market.

yay, gorgeous.

only $1995 more than it's worth

I look down at my wrist to see my dw5600 displaying the time.

If I shower in the dark I use that sweet EL

hey guys, if my wrist is about 7", what is my range for watch sizes if i want to absolutely avoid that too-big look. i hate it, and i am in no place (literally, i live in kansas) to actually try some on.

pic related is perhaps my limit, larger if the lugs arent that big

40mm or lower if you want a watch that's comfy yet not too small.

Price and condition seem alright, and the 469 cal based movement is pretty reliable.

I've owned one for about a year and a half and sold it.

Though i might get around to buy another field watch off the SARG line since i would really love to have hacking and handwinding.

that's a small watch

For me

yeah if that's you in the picture

Yeah man, that's naked-molerat-man.

that bracelet looks like its gonna fall apart any minute

Damn why would you buy a white dinner plate for your wrist?

Invicta 8926ob

Or orient bambino around 100$

The comprehensive leddit tier affordable watches list

imgur.com/a/YYvoN

I herd u guis liek omega

fuck that looks terrible. Did you get that picture of leddit?

The 2-piece palma looks nice on the X-33.

Shame i was too late to get the 18mm gray on on the first batch.

Don't buy g-shocks on amazon. get them on ebay.
Normies buy them, put them on their wrists once, realise they are xbox big, and then sell them.
I got a mint condition GW-M5610-1ER for only £60.
It's not like it's the kind of watch you need to buy new anyway.

thats just a prototype
it's not in production yet

Is there a quality difference between watches made in japan and in malaysia?

only slight.
case finishing/polishing is usually a wee bit more crisp on the jap watches, and i'd guess they probably have tighter QC, so you're less likely to get a defective watch.

Ok. I hesitate between the snzg15 j1 and k1, I think I'll take the k1 since it's half the price.

>shorting battery with metal tweezers
REEEEEEE

Also only go for silver-oxide. Energizer, Sony and Renata are all good.

Enjoy your eventually water damaged watch.

I've owned the J1 in the past and saw a K1 in person, no difference what so ever.

The very minute difference in finishing is only seen on SKX007/009, but it seems somebody watches too much TGV.

if there was no difference they wouldn't make a distinction between the two.

Cuz omega a shit

It's definitely real. I have the original paperwork to go with it along with it as well as appraisal documents.

As for the guy saying the diamonds aren't set by Rolex. They actually are.
google.com/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&q=rolex datejust diamonds&oq=rolex datejust diamonds&gs_l=img.12...0.0.0.5199.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1c..64.img..0.0.0.KZLWaG1EbhE