Fuchsia is going to kill Linux

github.com/fuchsia-mirror

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia

linux.com/news/googles-open-source-fuchsia-os-mystery-linux-distro

You mad Linuxfags? Linux and GNU are destined for the obscurity that BSD currently suffers. Google is going to fucking stomp you. The GPL will die with Linux. It's time for chemo for the cancer.

Kys niggerfaggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.darknedgy.net/technology/2016/01/01/0/
gadgetdaily.xyz/20-must-have-web-design-tools/
youtube.com/watch?v=EViG0Q4lTeA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's your point?
If google releases a botnet-free, powerful, scalable, well supported, open source OS why should we be mad instead of simply adopt it?
The real linux user is more intelligent than the average and will quickly realize AND accept the reality, he will eventually switch at some point if the softwares he needs are ported.
You don't have to be butthurt, ATM linux is the only sane solution in a Windows-oriented world, hopefully it will change.
If google push the project to the end, I will eventually start developping things for it, until then linux is my main OS.

When are we going to get to try it

You can already install the kernel on hardware.

>he will

Fucking shitlord.

We will reach a new high in botnet levels

does Fuchsia have a desktop envionment!? no?

THEN GET TEH FUCK OFF OF MY BOARD YOU TROLLING NERD. GO
THE
FUCK
AWY

>bsd shill detected.
>asking if we're buttmad about destined for obscurity.
>Gee dunno faggot. Tell us how it feels.

Get a load of this triggered normie

I'm posting from Windows 10.

>You mad Linuxfags?
Nope. Why would this effect Linux users any more than Wangdows and Fag OS? It wouldn't. In fact, you should pepper your anus for more projects like this slowly killing your beloved Windows. Hahaha, open source is winning, faggot.

It displaces Linux from the open source niche. Windows is closed source. Someone could make a closed source Fuchsia fork, at which point Microsoft should worry.

>unironically using = signs as a separator

>2016
operating systems don't matter anymore. The kernel doesn't matter anymore. We've pretty much got those topics figured out.
Networks, distributed computing and protocols. That's where the interesting stuff is happening nowadays.

>Networks, distributed computing and protocols

None of that shit happens without operating systems faggot.

>chemo
>cancer
>Kys
>niggerfaggots

pls go

what language is this turd written in?

Check the repository you faggot.

The Magenta Kernel is mostly C.

>It displaces Linux from the open source niche.
No, it simply provides more options for everyone. As mobile devices become the weapon of choice for the normals, you WILL see Windows slowly die at the hands of projects like this. Linux, having never had anything invested and always ready to adapt, could easily survive and thrive in a world like this. That prehistoric patchwork of shit you call Windows, cannot claim the same.

Is it running in a JVM like shit Android?

> some modules are in dart or go
google trying to push their meme languages

I can't really pass judgement on something when it's so obscure that it's wiki page is a single paragraph

It can't happen fast enough now that Microsoft has gone full retard with spyware 10 and Linux is still just as shitty today as it was 15 years ago.

Linux is even shittier

Stop fucking shilling, Google

>Kys niggerfaggots.

You kiss your mommy goodnight with that mouth, boy?

Dart will be the main language to write apps for Fuchsia

It's a good language BTW

I know Cred Forums only likes fizzbuzzing in C but whatever

Why should I be mad? Google are simply reinventing the wheel here. They have no drivers.

Google
Botnet-free

>Choose one

I don't think you understand how open source works. In open source, having one doesn't mean that you're not allowed to have the other.

Dropped

Oh look another dead on arrival chrome OS

Wtf is Dart and why does it need to exist.
Every fucking idiot is trying to reinvent the wheel and failing at it, just be normal for once you fucking stupid nerds

Where can I download an image?

>No drivers
>No softwares
>No GUI
0/10
Might as well use OpenBSD

Dart will replace JS. JS is a shit language, let's admit it.

Google made a language that is perfect for the web.

But people are too stupid to accept the transition so they have to do it this way. First make Fuchsia, then spread Fuchsia, then make people use Dart through Fuchsia, and slowly JS will die hopefully.

I unironically think that if everyone just followed google's ideas the world would be a better place...

Everything good comes from Google, and everything cancer comes from other companies: Microsoft, Oracle, Facebook, Canonical, Apple, Amazon....

I hope one day Alphabet Inc. takes over the world complletely. Like the "OmniCorp " / OCP of Robocop

IT'S AN EARLY STAGE JESUS CHRIST

C is a difficult language to do correctly. The C language that allows programmers to do nifty things also requires a massive mental burden to make sure they do correctly. We can fix many classes of errors simply by changing the language so that the compiler can manage various data bookkeeping. This is what Rust does.

>Dart will replace JS by compiling to JS

Yeah... No. You wish faggét.

>Rust isn't 30 years later
Hello teen-ager

It'll forever be in early stage hahahaha Nvidia will never write a driver for it, broadcom won't give a hint of shit and AMD... heheheehe lmao

IN FUCHSIA IT WON'T COMPILE TO JS YOU MONG

THAT WAS JUST THEIR FIRST ATTEMPT , WHICH FAILED BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE TOO ST UPID TO SEE GOOGLE 'S GENIUS DART PROPOSAL

>It'll forever be in early stage hahahaha Nvidia will never write a driver for it, broadcom won't give a hint of shit and AMD... heheheehe lmao
Yeah because why would these companies care about something Alphabet Inc. does, you know, it's just the largest corporation in the world, surpassing Microsoft and Apple. But other than that, no biggie right?

Who do you think will convince these companies to make drivers... some toe jam eating pedo like RMS, or Alphabet Inc.?

>buttmad googlepajeet is getting desperate
Enjoy your homo OS, magenta fag, it won't even surpass BSD hehehehe

Yea no biggie, no users no fucks are given kek

I'm EUROPEAN no Pajeet

Alphabet / Google is objectively the best company in the world

We all know it , you're just trying to trigger me

this delusional cuck again!

>Europoor
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA pajeet getting a VISA is not equal to being an Europoor kek

>Alphabet is the best company
gee lmao your shit company goes into the trash within 5 years hehehehe

When Google introduced Android people said the same... "LOL u cant compete with iPhone / iOS "

LOOK WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, BITCH.

And all android OEMs are suffering

LET'S SEE IN 5 YEARS NIGGA

YOU'LL BE SHITPOSTING ON A FUCHSIA MACHINE

I GUARANTEE YOU

Oh, I didn't realize that the state of technology was not allowed to progress. That's the reason why I'm still using iceboxes and not refrigerators.

When Google introduced ChromeOS u said the same "LOL new game in town"

LOOK WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, PAJEET ROFL

Honestly, if they are, it's their own faults.

>fucksya
>internet
O im laffin

I thought this thing was just a meme iot os.
Is it actually being developed for desktop pc's as well?

>Dart will be the main language to write apps for Fuchsia
Currently there is zero software written in Dart.
As long as popular languages aren't ported over fuchsia will never catch on in any capasity.

It's just a side project and google knows it'll fail. So they don't even market their shit

I'm sorry, it was a confusing typo. I meant it was 30 years late

Why not? If it happens, it'll likely to be targeting ChromeOS computers and the community will port it to normal computers.

>fucks ya
ayyy

Idk man, that makes me kind of excited.
>Foss
>Brand new kernel built from scratch
>Backed by one of the highest valued corporations in the world
I think if they out their full weight behind it, it could turn our really great.

Google make use of Dart in their systems.

Google cannot replace the programming potential of the rest of the world.
It's just a new plan9.

>micro kernel
Do I need to remind you how it'll get dropped in a few years?

Micro kernel are not practical at all

Wait, since when is OS X the most popular desktop OS?

I'm not very knowledgeable in this area. What's wrong with it being a microkernel?

That chart is completely wrong. Linux hit 2% desktop share late summer and that isn't shown on the graph either.

It's not more popular than 7 and XP

>The symbol of the operating system at the repository hosting service GitHub is a fuchsia-colored square.

Linux is not this minimalistic. Linux is kill.

Micro kernel is an ideal kernel but it's really hard to implement. See: Hurd, the most developed micro kernel but not stable for desktops as of yet.

blog.darknedgy.net/technology/2016/01/01/0/
gadgetdaily.xyz/20-must-have-web-design-tools/

>lol im so minimal i barely exist 1337

Thanks for the link :)
I'll look into it

Thanks, I got it from reddit.

meant for

Microkernels are easy to implement. That's the very purpose of them! Hurd is not a microkernel. Hurd is a multi-server system. The microkernel that Hurd uses is called GNU Mach and that was completed in 2001

>Implying Mach isn't shit

>Google made a language that is perfect for the web

Google ABANDONED Dart for Typescript in Angular 2.0.

Why do they bother to push this meme language?

>they
OP*

Every fucking month release out an operative system which will kill linux but hey, we are still here fucking faggots

This is the first non-Linux OS made by Alphabet.

Shake in your NEET boots you disgusting misogynist neckbeard.

if that's true then how is minix actually working

they have even less resources than the FSF/GNU

Dennis Ritchie, creator of C, is also a creator of Go.

That'd be Pike

:^)

>Windows 10.

>we

Meh, I'm more hyped for redoxOS at present.
Fuchsia existing is a good thing because it means maybe people will wake up and we won't have to suffer linus' chronic retardation any longer.

who the fuck cares about alphabeta, pajeet?

All the system calls are open source so it can be emulated on any OS.

BTW, wincucks just use fuschia to hide behind when bashing Linux because they can't defend windows.

IT BEGINS!!!

actually, if anything, it is windows users and mac fags that should be worried

>shitlord
GET OUT TUMBLRTARDS REEEEEEEEEEE

Only the kernel will be open source!
Everything else will be full of proprietary craps.
I don't think it is what linux fags want!

I thought this was going to kill Android.

Tell me why I am not using FreeBSD right now...

>r7 250
For what reason

>botnet-free
kek

>botnet free, scalable, open source
because when i think of google i think of no botnets, and doing the ethical thing. Its not like they make money off peoples information or anything. Lets be honest if this becomes a thing every computer using it will just be a dummy terminal for google or just basically be one big internet browser.

>Google
>botnet-free

that's some gay shit

Automatic Teller Machine Linux?

>not using the OS god wants
youtube.com/watch?v=EViG0Q4lTeA