Erase/Hide information methods

I was just asking my self if i need whether if it is to send, hide, erase information wich are the best methods you could use using windows Xp.vista.7.8.10 whatever.

For example if i need to destroy many files and data what i do is first change extention names for example if it is .docx i use BULK RENAME UTILITY and change a lot of extension of the files to .jpeg .mp3 so no one could find what it was.... then i use a file shredder program that delete those files using simple two pass algorithm that write 2 times random numbers....

Is there some other ways to destroy more those files???

If it is to hide information? How do u do it?
For example i use Text to binary and then the binary goes to base 64 all in a .txt file

Show me more james bond methods please.

Install Gentoo

Bump for interest OP

Encrypt the files before shredding. Changing the extension is pointless.

why could be point less?

Because you're not changing the data, just the file name which would only trick a retard like yourself, no people who are trained to recover information. The best way to make information recoverable is rewrite all the data on your harddrive with garbage data, it takes awhile though.

Overwrite the file 32 times.
Or, stegonography.
I am too tired for this shit.

32 TIMES? do u think thats necesary?

how can someone guess what kind of file it is if it has a different extension???

I know that it is one way to destroy it will be rewritting with garbage but there is no time for that bro ....

tell me tell me

encrypt your whole drive
wipe it
reinstall so of your choice
congratulations your data is irrecoverable now

>encrypt whole drive
>do 32 pass method of random bits
>recover garbage random bits
>encrypt random bit files recovered
>do 32 pass method again
>repeat 5 times
>then use a grinder to turn drive to dust
>use forge to melt dust back into slag
>use grinder to turn slag back to dust
>repeat 5 times
>take dust
>get in plane
>scatter dust over deepest part of the oceans on a transcontinental flight
>contemplate bad life decisions leading up to this level of data destruction

sudo srm -rdz *folder/filename*

Even if you delete those files, they've already been transfered across the internet to another location.

>thinking changing the file extension does anything

pick up a book

Will that secure my data?

DO U THINK THEY SEE OUR DATA WITH INTERNET CONNECTION??? 200KBPS CONNECTION???

This. They dont have a copy of your data. I have over 4tb of storage used, do you think they have multible tb drives dedicated for just me? no. If they did that they wouldnt delete a file when I delete it either. Do archive all of the files Ive every used would need dozens of terabytes at the very least. That would cost so much money for a single person, countless for a whole society (inb4 an autist adds it up, dont forget to account for raid).

do u think that if it is a hard drive or a solid state drive it will be harder to hide or delete the information???? for example Usb or C://

Ive heard that solid state drives are easier to wipe and it makes sense.
Ive done 3 passes on mechanical drives and somehow managed to recover data from them.

Rot in jail stupid pedo

Haha fun y thread

Ask Hillary.

What sort of recovery methods do you use? I'm thinking about getting into it myself

What do you mean "getting into it?"

you reverse all the bit of the files

if you want to be double secure, you reverse it twice

Learning computer forensics