Plebian here, is dual booting hard?

Plebian here, is dual booting hard?

I'm currently using (pirated) Windows 7 but there's some games I want to play that are only supported on Windows 10, but as Windows 10 is AIDS I don't want to switch to it completely.

Is it easy to dual boot these two operating systems or is it more trouble than it's worth?

>plebian
>doesn't want to use Windows 10 because "AIDS"

Just upgrade it, you fuck. It's still free if you pretend to use "assistive technologies", literally just an obscure download page on Microsoft's site. Google it.

Keep using windows 7 until you git gud and finally switch over Linux like me.

It's easy. Easier when windows installed first. then grub installs and you have the choice. if you hate linux etc. You can use Windows ISO and fix the MBR for windows

>$0.05 has been deposited to your account.

Dual booting is easy as fuck.
But you are better off updating user.
Dualbooting is not for your silly usage case.

Why not? Windows 10 does my fucking head in, the UI just isn't intuitive at all in my opinion. Plus I play a lot of old games which I have no doubt will mess up with Windows 10.

Dual booting can get a bit tricky with Win10, but nothing one of the million guides about it on the Internet can't teach you.

So, if every time someone asks a legitimate question they are told to 'git gud' or 'google it' what the fuck's this message board for? Other than as an outlet for beta-bile, I mean.

Discussion, not support.

who is that?

dumb frogposter

If you have the option, getting a second drive is a far better experience. Quite seamless.

It's quite easy. Pretty much automated, actually.

What's the difference in the end? I have a 1TB SSD so I kind of want to use it by itself.

Remy Lacroix.

From my experience the boot process in windows doesn't play nicely with other operating systems. I do this so there is no chance of messing up my primary drive. I personally wouldn't mind a HDD if I don't frequently change systems and only use the Windows 10 to play games. Virtualization has also come a long way.

In essence, you'd have to weigh your options to find what works for you.

I see how you get the 'assistive technologies' upgrade thing, but how do I make it into a bootable device?

I know how to do this with Windows 7 but the file they give you when you say you use assistive shit seems to just be an upgrader that relies on you already having windows.

Do I need to install a second Windows 7 on another partition then upgrade that?

pls respond

>uses windows
>bawwww M$ is fucking me up the ass!!!
>wat do, user?!

Fuck off. You deserve everything microsoft is doing to you. But never mind me, keep using their products and giving them money by using their ecosystem... and then crying about it.

Is that Remy LaCroix in a pepe costume?

I'm half turned on and half meme rustled right now.

You gotta realize that win10 is just 7 with a facelift. Not too much is different and it's still compatible with just about everything win7 was. It's basically the same with more ui.

It's not hard, create an unformatted partition while you're running Windows and the Linux installer should be able to see it

To be fair Windows 10 is AIDS

It's from around 2012, quite before pepe went full mainstream, so it wasn't intended as a pepe costume

>not knowing who that is

>there's some games I want to play that are only supported on Windows 10
Which one?