When will they release a landscape keyboard phone again?

When will they release a landscape keyboard phone again?

Never, it's more important to have a thin phone that has fewer points of failure than a chunky phone that can literally be snapped in half

The next Nexus is going to have one.

>Anonymous 09/30/16(Fri)23:12:13 No.56863114▶
>When will they release a landscape keyboard phone again?

I was looking at bluetooth/ casing physical keyboards for my iPhone 6 and I almost want to pull the trigger but you're stuck using their casing and bluetooth drains the battery faster.

I don't know what to do.

See webm related

It just works™

Hey as long as it looks KOOL and me feel like a retarded teenager I'm happy

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

>18
>eighteen
You're not very smart, are you?

>overpriced

You pay for quality

>no mSD slot

Who cares?

>shit res screen

Nope

>shit camera

Nope

>shit battery life

Nope

>shit mobile OS

Nope

>no native file browser

Who cares?

>can't use phone as a flash drive

Who cares? It's a phone

>have to use lagtunes to access one

I'll give you that

>can't share files other than photos/videos over wifi

Who cares?

>can't share jack shit over bluetooth

You can live without this "used once a year" feature I am sure

>no back button

Good. Swiping is better

>shit multi-tasking

Who cares? It's a phone, silly

>less apps

Better quality and more current/secure etc.

>encryption is full of backdoors

Nope

Android is ok when you're poor and immature using it for: ricing for fun, sharing files like a good criminal and generally acting like a cYboR haCK3r with your redundant file browser and cli on a phone. Once you graduate to grown-up, non-neet status you get a comfy iPhone.

Thank you pajeet, 5 rupees have been deposited into your apple positivity account.

Accept the masterrace and get a portrait keyboard phone.

>Never, it's more important to have a thin phone
0/10

>Blackberry Passport/phablet
Yes, hello? I'm sorry if you cant hear me, the earpiece is 1000 miles from the microphone

>4.5" screen
>phablet
kek, what? Are you 4' tall?
>Yes, hello? I'm sorry if you cant hear me, the earpiece is 1000 miles from the microphone
Yeah because that's totally an issue.

I don't like portrait keyboards. They limit the screen size. The whole point of landscape keyboards for me is that you can use the wide screen without a virtual keyboard covering 80% of it.

Why would you want the screen to be wide while typing? Why would that ever matter? Given you're generally going to be reading text before and/or after typing portrait keyboards are objectively superior.

fucking this

>Why would you want the screen to be wide while typing?

My main point is to be able to use your phone as a literal pocket computer. To display web pages the same way they are being displayed on computers. Navigate through the pages with a mouse like on your computer instead of covering the screen with your finger. In landscape mode the virtual keyboard covers like 80% of the screen. In portait mode only like 40% so it's not a big issue. Typing short messages on virtual keyboards is okay too.

So basically my point is that you use your phone normally in portait mode and then it becomes a pocket computer in landscape mode.

I mean you could even put a x86 CPU inside and dual boot Windows or Linux.

I guess this is a very niche want though.

Why would the amount of screen space a virtual keyboard covers matter when you have a fucking physical one?

Because a physical keyboard can only be used in one orientation. (unless you make a rotatable screen).

The point is he wants a physical keyboard and a landscape screen. if you have a physical keyboard that only works in portrait mode you either can't use landscape mode at all or have to use the virtual keyboard in it.

>>Never, it's more important to have a thin phone
"The customer is always right" was never a customer service maxim but a marketing design one.

I'd love it if there were more options for phones that were more rugged, and had larger batteries and tactile keyboards. I would readily trade a lot of thinness fro that. But we're in too small a club to influence the market.

>screen orientation matters
The screen is square.

fuck, now I want one. I love those tiny touchpad things on the old blackberries and that looks almost as comfy.

Nice pasta

>The screen is square.

Because of that the screen has less width than the small iPhone SE in landscape mode. All while being clunkier than a huge Samsung Note because of the form factor.

dragonbox pyra

Not a phone.

>Who cares
>Nope
Not an argument.

>Because of that the screen has less width than the small iPhone SE in landscape mode
Ooh a whole .31" narrower while also having more pixels spanning both directions and a greater height which is more important in viewing web pages anyway

There's a Wi-Fi only model and a model with a cellular radio that can most definitely be used as a phone.

NEO900 then, if you have to be anal about it

>that can be snapped in half
ok, first of all thats not going to happen. You would have to try to snap a phone.
Second, making a phone that bends under stress is not an acceptable means of solving the "it can snap" problem.

What you have is then not a phone, but a slate with cellular capability. Keyboard isn't some input method that just was, you just happened to remove it from your idea of a phone, because they took that away from you, not because it doesnt work a lot better.

the 90s really looked like a box of crayons threw up allover the world.
I cant believe that I normalized that shit..

>Ooh a whole .31" narrower

The point was that the iPhone SE is already small. It's a lot smaller when compared to a phablet.

>which is more important in viewing web pages anyway

But the width is still limited. Web pages are made for 16:9 screens so with a big phone in landscape you would get the best experience.

>But the width is still limited. Web pages are made for 16:9 screens
Top kek, since when?

Since that is the aspect ratio of 99% of the screens people use.

Vertical spacing is far more important on websites. How often do you scroll horizontally?

>how often
I like to zoom in more than I should have too, so moderately often I guess.
Hes right though, riced to fuck webpages are designed for a screen that is long width wise.
Sometimes Ill zoom in because I cant read the word, and the shit on the side increases in length so much that I cant even see the text i was trying to read anymore because its each word is on its own line.
Normal unriced/early 2000's style websites adjust well to either format though.

Here, (I dont use plebit but google images has taken me there before) I know plebit does the thing Im talking about, here is an example.
1/2

2/2

And what's the issue?

That fucking bar on the side?

Why would you want to see it?

I don't. But it takes priority when you zoom in or have a resolution that the site wasn't designed for.
I mean just look at this

Test

fail

>dedicate 1/3 of the phone to something you won't use 99% of the time
No OEM is that dumb.

>implying I don't use the keyboard around half the time I'm using my phone785

>being an IM whore
Apply "kill" to self.

My phone is a communication device, basically all I use it for is texting and a 4G hotspot. If I'm directly using my phone and I'm not reading a text, I'm replying to one.

Fucking pleb whore, using his phone as an IM device instead of a facebook machine!

Would you?

no

No because that'd be fucking awful

Explain yourselves.

It has a landscape keyboard and doesn't run BB10OS

Same shit.

How about this then?

Better, but no

Not even remotely

>but no

Why?

It's a slider. I also really like the 1:1 screens. If they made this with a trackball or trackpad I'd consider it, but I think I'd stick with my Q10, Passport, and Classic.

Hold on let me navigate that tiny 1920x1200 screen with that imprecise as fuck nipple and retarded mouse keys smaller than my pinky

If it had 200% scaling or simply a lower resolution it wouldn't be too bad at all. I regularly use XP on a 4.5" 1024x600 screen and almost exclusively use a TrackPoint for cursor control.

>no mouse

Shame

>I regularly use XP on a 4.5" 1024x600 screen and almost exclusively use a TrackPoint for cursor control.
My condolences.

No need to feel bad, I got this thing because I wanted it and I love the shit out of it.

It got axed before it ever made it to production anyway

Why can't they just do this?

i would but i'm too poor

Could someone make a Kickstarter for a Moto Z keyboard module?