/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LeEco is launching in the US on October 19
gsmarena.com/leeco_is_launching_in_the_us_on_october_19-news-20787.php

Xiaomi Mi Note 2 lauch event rumored for October
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2_lauch_event_rumored_for_october-news-20777.php

Google Pixel XL dimensions revealed alongside 360-degree renders
phonearena.com/news/Google-Pixel-XL-dimensions-revealed-alongside-360-degree-renders_id85989

Sony Xperia X Compact review: Small Android is still good, but not much better
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/sony-xperia-x-compact-review-small-android-is-still-good-but-not-much-better/

BlackBerry won't develop any more phones by itself
gsmarena.com/blackberry_wont_develop_any_more_phones_by_itself-news-20759.php

Xiaomi Mi5s and Mi5s Plus announced: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Reader, 3800mAh for under $300
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_launches_mi_5s_and_mi_5s_plus-news-20730.php

BLU Life One X2 launches with SD430, 1080p screen, 16 MP camera for $149.99
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

Axon 7 Review
youtube.com/watch?v=hGfMBoUlKoQ

Other urls found in this thread:

caniuse.com/#search=vibration
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_over_LTE
forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2566258
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery
youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalchecklite
phonearena.com/news/Cheat-sheet-which-4G-LTE-bands-do-AT-T-Verizon-T-Mobile-and-Sprint-use-in-the-USA_id77933
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/fe_material-rugged,fe_battery-removable
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371732.html
honorbuy.com/755-xiaomi-mi-5-32gb-rom-smartphone-black.html
amazon.com/BLU-LIFE-ONE-X2-Smartphone/dp/B01LZHFSBC
ft.com/content/1200a6c2-885f-11e6-8cb7-e7ada1d123b1
speedguide.net/faq/us-carriers-mobile-network-frequencies-415
metropcs.com/terms-conditions/network-disclosure.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for nexus 4

Second for LG G3 eternal masterrace

Meanwhile in Germany

who /OP3/ masterrace here?

fifth for still buying a note 7 when it comes out here

Dafug?

If I go for android as a next phone (80 percent sure I will), should I root it? So far the only thing that sounds super useful is the phone wide adblocking.

Doesn't seem to be many other useful features from rooting sans backup apps and that.

looks like the pixel will be fucking expensive. If the price is too high i'll most likely get another compact sony phone..

Depends on the phone. The main reason to root for me was to get rid of Samsung and AT&T's bullshit. Turns out it was also good because the carrier has to push updates to those things if they're not rooted. I would've been many versions behind.

So you just flash the updates manually?

Doesn't that mean rerooting everytime?

Sounds like a hassle for every update.

you can also remove apps you don't want (like gapps).

>Recieve RN3P Chinese flashed to Global MIUI 7
>Updates to MIUI 8 stable
>looks good
>Start installing everything and random reboots all morning
> It doesn't have the SIM installed (it's on my MotoG right now)

Got chinked

Doesn't bother me, I plan on a phone with little bloat ware and I can hide or not use google features if I wish.

QUICK

You have 10 SECONDS to find AND POST an S7 case you think is cool, WHETHER YOU THINK ANYONE WOULD EVER USE IT OR NOT

Just got an S7 edge which work pays for

So good being back to Android after applel hand me downs this past year

What are good apps and tips?

>samsung
So you're still a queer faggot. Don't think you're above Applel fanboys.

oneplus 3 or honor8/ p9 ??

OP3

JOIN THE MASTERRACE

isnt the battery shit?

anyone who has one, gimme some pros and cons

bump

Is a Samsung S7 high-end enough these days? Which is better? The normal or Edge?

Is there a way to move or hide this? I don't want it there, it gets in the way.

What's the consensus on the Asus Zenfone 2 (4GB/32GB)? They recently announced a price drop here (Philippines) so I'm weighing buying an unlocked one and staying prepaid vs getting a Huawei P9 (3GB/32GB) on a plan.

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Place: US
Carrier: Lycamobile
Budget: ~700

Features: needs good camera. Its for a woman she takes pictures (of herself kek) all the time.

Yes. Depends on your taste. I chose the S7 because edge is just a gimmick.

It's decent, not shit by far. I've had better, but this paired with the fact that it goes from 0-70% in ~30 mins with the included charger means never giving a fuck.

I don't know why people even bother with other phones.

I'm trying to find out on what frequency and band my smartphone is getting a signal and found *#0011# but most places don't mention this number. Is it outdated and if so any reliable code I can use instead? None of the apps can give me this info apparently.

also, can someone explain to me what this means:
While this setting is off SMS is send or received over a period of (1x times) the circuit switched connection

because they need a good screen, good gps, good camera?

Looking for a cheap phone, around 100-150 USD, I just want a good camera

I bought a Huawei P9 Lite based on the recommendations of these threads. The first week I had it was a dream, now I think the honeymoon period is ending already. It's gone from using 10% battery on a full day of internet browsing to losing 2% battery after 10 minutes of being on standby.

I have all power intensive apps turned off and I've restarted the phone several times. One thing I noticed is that apps now consume twice as much memory as they did last week. Apps that used to use 100MB when they were active now use 200MB. Anyone have any advice?

>still no news on the k1

T-Mobile, running a Nexus 6 right now, looking for an upgrade from this laggy piece of shit.

Been considering S7, iPhone 6S, and Pixel. Any advice? I value battery life and camera mainly.

Sounds like you bought a smartphone.

Okay guys my chink phone of 3 years just died and I need a new phone.

I have narrowed my phone search into these 3.

>Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
>Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro
>Lenovo A700

Which is the best outta these 3?

That's dope but windows..

I miss keyboards.

How long does /spg/ think Blackberry will continue pushing updates for Android?

I thought I was being a smart nigger for replacing my ancient HTC One S with a DTEK50 on my dad's company plan. At first I was elated to have Micro SD expansion, stock Android, no more PenTile display and a camera that didn't completely suck, all for a cash outflow of $0. But now I'm paranoid that I basically have a brick, since it can't be rooted if Blackberry chooses to fuck off and do niche software only. Is there any indication on what their plans are?

ask priv users? I honestly don't know how Blackberry is with their software. Despite them having a vanilla version of android they still take quite long to update their phones iirc.

well they're releasing the DTEK60 soon so I can't imagine they would abandon everything that quickly. I wouldn't be too worried.

I've had problems with phones before, but not this rapid of a decline. Apps now use twice as much memory in the space of two days or so? I just don't get it.

How do you guys tolerate ChinkROMS? Whenever I look into these phones I see the skin and I just get cancer. It looks like TouchWiz but worse.

I had an XTouch X1 and it was really good using it but it got laggy over the time.

I'd suggest you find a specific message board for the phone and ask for help.

I just got this captacha wtf is Google's AI up to? It also made me do two of these in a row greedy nigger.

windows is fine i guess
wish they'd hurry up though

Sadly that's impossible to avoid. My Nexus 6 got laggy over time too. It would be nice if phones weren't so disposable and you could upgrade their internals.

wtf hahaha it forced me to select the squares with the red in it. Stupid AI.

What's a good program/way to bypass in-app purchases on Android?

Bypass them? Wut. Like you want free in game currency? idk senpai

Priv owner here. I am a little worried, thinking about calling Blackberry up and asking them what their plans are (I got 1 year of premium support that runs out in December, so why not). While it took forever to get Marshmallow on this phone, I have to give credit to the guys in Waterloo since they pushed monthly security updates like clockwork. But I will be quite cross if my $475 phone never sees Nougat.

And to think some people payed $650 for the Priv lol.

I'm a cuck too I payed $650 for this Nexus 6 and it still doesn't have Nougat either.

Sometimes I really wonder if I should get an iphone instead of this shit. Even the nexus doesn't have nougat already? wtf.

Yeah this phone is just about two years old and no Nougat. I'm seriously considering an iPhone as well but... Sigh. I have to wait and see what the Pixel is all about. I just enjoy Android too much.

Nexus 6P 64GB for 444€ y/n?

How much lower can it go?

sounds like a good deal. Can you wait until the new pixel phones are released?

Yeah, but the iphone is always so damn expensive. This is putting me off.

You can also achieve systemwide AdBlock using a localhost VPN or proxy without root.

5 hour sot is pretty bad in $current_year

>OLED with optional sRGB mode
>Perfectly fine GPS that I use 2-3 hours a day
>Great camera with manual capabilities as well as time lapses that come out beautiful

I don't think you've used the phone.

They're pretty much the same thing, save for the difference in displays and battery size.

You have phones with bigger batteries getting less SOT, like anything Samsung makes, or even the Apple phones have worse sot.

True. I hate how the specs are technically so low yet the price is the same as higher specced Android phones.

My Nexus 6 can't get three hours SOT.

Galaxy notes consistently have good battery life. The s7 series is pretty good too. As for applel, iPhone pluses have top tier battery life too.

I suppose I can wait, at 444€ it's already a -36% discount. I probably should wait but my Moto G is definitely on it's last days.

I got an amazing deal at the time since I bought the phone unlocked for that price back in January. It didn't get that heavily discounted until July or August, when the writing was really on the wall for Blackberry's hardware division. I'm a little sad actually, since I'm not sure what I'll ever replace this phone with when it finally becomes too old and unserviceable to use.

Every time I've ever considered an iPhone, I've gone to my brother to toy around with his 5s a bit. 10 minutes of using it usually convinces me to stay with Android, but sometimes I need a good 15 minutes. I hate just about everything in that phone- even Blackberry's locked down products are not anywhere near as restrictive or patronizing.

So there'sno way to hide this? Every time I press the home button there's a chance of me closing all of the apps because it's to easy to press the close all button. This is on a galaxy note 4. Are the notes like this?

thinking about getting a new phone. Is Verizon still a notable carrier or is there something else I should be looking into???

Have a oneplus 3 on the way, should arrive mid october. Is there anything specifically i should do with it once i get it? I've never rooted a phone before, was thinking about doing it for the oneplus but not sure if its worth it. Any apps or programs i should get for it asap?

Can't you somehow change it unter keys in the settings? I don't know how it's called in english. At least I can customize in cm 13 what I want to see there.

>under

fugg

Yeah, you can't really remove it. This is a part of the stock OS that is running on your phone (Samsung's Touchwiz skin). I've seen it on other Samsung phones as well; so I don't think you can remove it (unless you install a ROM or something). I haven't used a Samsung phone in ages, though, so don't take my word for it.

>start working at wally world
>employee scanner things are a rugged android 'phone'
>really enjoy using it
>want something similar

are there any phones on the market that have detachable batteries and rugged cases? I would really love to get one, especially since my current phone is dying.

Willing to even switch from pageplus since they refuse to allow any phones that aren't mainstream ones or brands that bribe them
>mfw they say absolutely no cheap chinese phones allowed
>>>>>>>mfw half their online store is cheap chinese phones that are super shitty

ordered a Redmi Note 3 Pro today per Banggood, Expected shipping date is in 10 days.

what shall i order additionally in these days? case and screen protector are ordered, microSD is taken from old phone.

can i cut my current "big" sim card by myself or can i just ask my provider for a new one?

When I got a phone that required a micro sim I cut my old big one by myself.

Just be careful, or buy a cutting/punching tool if you're really concerned

Does anyone have a lenovo phone? the zuk z2 looks so sexy

Any south Koreans with the v20 here?

So I got a redmi note 3 pro, updated to lastest miui 8 global rom.

This is my first smartphone. What are my options as far as blocking/removing ads goes? Is there any way to block all the in-app ads as well as youtube ads?

Forgot to mention, I also get these annoying popups that make my phone vibrate while browsing the net. How do I prevent this shit?

Flash CM13

Are there any downsides? Is anything broken on the RN3P with CM13?

caniuse.com/#search=vibration
Stop browsing shaddy sites and install adaway

Everything works except volte, which works in CM14, but there's no stable CM14 build yet. The battery life is also better.

Please don't laugh, but I'm not entirely sure what volte is. This is my first smartphone after all. I'm in US and my carrier is T-mobile.

If you call someone else with a phone that supports volte, the call will go through lte instead and the sound quality should be better.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_over_LTE

Oh, well, I don't make many calls anyway. I guess I will try to install CM13. Thank you, user.

Any personal input, complaints or praises, on the Moto Z Force?

I'm already on Verizon, paying for an original Turbo $25/month, so the $30/month isn't a huge financial shake-up. Beyond the expected hardware improvements, it's nice they actually have a removable media slot this time. The lack of headphone jack isn't exactly a selling point, but Bluetooth isn't a killer for me in the same way AirPlay is. I think the Mods are a interesting applied concept, with a nice initial line-up of practical (battery pack) and fucking stupidly expensive, but neat, (projector).

i ordered a smartphone per banggood. is Expected shipping date the date i will eventually receive it or is that the date my order will get shipped?

If the Pixel phones turn out to be expensive duds, I'll get a ZTE Axon 7

Anybody find correctly-sized film or rubbers for this based "Global" (slightly thicker/bigger, bonus 100mW RFID for americucks?) TMO/Metro compatible Redmeme? Or have experience with the film/rubber from the CN version on it? Gonna pull the trigger on the 2/16 or 3/32, still deciding.

S7 exynos?

Also, is it going to be declared (door ticket, pick up at PO and pay customs) via Ali shipping or DHL? Shit uninformed questions, but thanks if you can help.

I'll nab the film and rubber with the B4 model and let you guys know how it is if I don't get any feedback within a few hours.

Should I get the iPhone or an Android for my next phone? Looking for a phone with a good camera and doesn't become obsolete in 3 years.

Coming off an S5, I don't want something that makes me want to break a device I'm using daily because of lagginess, shit battery life, and ugly interface.

Thanx

>a phone with a good camera and doesn't become obsolete in 3 years
Hey Android shills, name one Android device which is currently and officially on the latest version of Android.

Then think about how even Grandma is running the latest version of iOS.

I'm trapped with Verizon and am in love with the Nexus 5

what do

anyone knows wtf is Venis and why are my stuff messed up? i can't open anything and i have nothing, but a few pdf's and some essays, in my pc. Please help :'(

Is it that bad? I just don't know what to do with android anymore. The compact line of sony doesn't have cm support (at least the z5 compact) yet and there is literally no other phone in that size that isn't shit.

I fucking hate phones over 5 inches.

>upgrade things just because muh upgrades

name one feature on the latest version of android that is indispensable

Get the 5x :^)

That's way shittier though yes?

Great stuff here:

"By popular demand, I've created this thread to avoid confusion between the Special Edition (Kate) and the standard Redmi Note 3 Pro (Kenzo).

What are the differences between these two variants?
The Special Edition (Kate) supports band 28, which is used by Telstra and Optus for 4G on 700MHz. The standard variant (Kenzo) does not support this band. As a result of requiring different antennas, Kate is approximately 2mm longer. While there appear to be no cases available for Kate, I found that the silicon case I received made for Kenzo fitted my Kate. Kate also ships with Marshmallow, whereas Kenzo ships with Lollipop (though it can be updated to Marshamallow)..."

LG v20

ordered a redmi 3 note pro from banggood

has it the "official" rom or a custom rom from banggood? can i easily change the ROM to official dev rom (which gets updates every week)?

what's that with unlocks?

ZF2 a shit. stay away.

S7. or an iPhone 7 because that's a girls phone.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery

>cheap phone
>a good camera
Pick one.

RN3P.

Root it and install adaway.

Day it's shipped out. it's gonna take a long time unless you used expensive DHL/EMS shipping.

Probably comes with a chinked vendor rom. install the global rom when you get it it's really easy:
youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3

>play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery
Thanks but I already tried that one, sadly my country is not supported by the app, the band info is missing..It just says LTE 4G.
Is there any other way I could find out?

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalchecklite

This maybe? not sure if it's possible otherwise.

god fucking hell why doesn't amaze find my sd card anymore.

God damn MIUI 8 looks gorgeous. Shame everytime I look up a video of it I have Pajeet roughing up my ears.

Very tempting to get a Redmi or Xiaomi phone.

>install the global rom when you get it
has it other languages than english and chinese, too?

>Day it's shipped out. it's gonna take a long time unless you used expensive DHL/EMS shipping.

fml then. i ordered Priority Direct Mail, but the smarthphone will be shipped in 10 days.

Yeah much more.

this redmeme is weird
I'm getting a lot of
>nova launcher isn't responding
and having to close it
also the battery is weird
>53%, two days left
>plug that shit in anyways cause I'm not doing anything
>100% to 90% in ten minutes; it's just sitting on my desk no hoes to text
>set it down again for a bit; 89% & twelve hours left
maybe I'll go back to stock cm no resurrection remix & radon kernel shit

Go back to stable MiUi. all the other forks are complete shit including CM13 and others.

>new phone
>buy screen protector and case alongside it so its protected from day one
>wet application screen protector
>need to use squeegee to get rid of all bubbles
>extra careful about how im doing it as not to damage it
>told i need to wait 12 hours for it to completely settle
>finally get to check out my phone
>white screens show micro scratches on the surface that have that stupid rainbow effect

Who fucking knows this feelio. I hate having to do this.

I'm ehhh towards miui, I don't like the ios-ness of it

phone rec pls, for canada and rogers
>replacing nexus 4
>need great storage, preferably removable sd card
>great specs not needed, only for texting, light internet browsing and listening to local music
>needs good battery, 2+ days on idle at least. on screen needs to be 6+ hours
>needs cyanogenmod at minimum, big development community preferred
>won't just die one day (n4 going strong after more than 3 years)

Where to buy Xiaomi Mi 5 with unlocked bootloader and no malware?

get a redmeme

>fingerprint scanner
botnet pls

is there any new redmeme with snapdragon on the horizon? I know there won't be a note4 pro with snap, which is a shame

Is the moto x pure the best bang for buck under 400 USD? I mainly just want a good processor, micro sd, decent camera and non-shit battery life. On AT&T as well.

I hate screen protectors with a passion. But since my note 7 scratches super easy for have to use it one. Try putting the wet shit on this edge meme

>finally get a phone for myself after being a degenerate neet
>go get on a plan
>now im paying $40 a month to call no one
I can now look at porn in bed I guess.

>T9
Unless you're Japanese kys

Not the same poster but is the Redmi Note 3 Pro fine for 4G LTE AT&T in the USA? Seems like there's conflicting info when searching online.

S7 Mini when?

It has B2 and B4 but misses B12 and B17. so you might get partial LTE depending on your location.

That's why I simply got a 15 shekels/month exclusively 5gb data plan and a phone without contract...
I'm a pathetic pos but not delusional.

Request death note 7 meme.

Looks like one of AT&T's faster and/or required bands is 17:
phonearena.com/news/Cheat-sheet-which-4G-LTE-bands-do-AT-T-Verizon-T-Mobile-and-Sprint-use-in-the-USA_id77933

Sorry, /s/required/required LTE, also see OP:
>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

tl;dr: LTE might be iffy or nonexistent. 2/3.5+ is fine.

It's great m8. Features are actually useful, plus no bloat ware with the Global ROM. Just install a custom launcher and you're set.

OP3 is goat. Owned one for 2 weeks now.

pro it's cheap for good specs
con it's chink

i drive from place to place for my job.
no gps issues at all. no hiccups, don't talk shit.

really is a toss up bw Axon 7/OP3/6p when the Pixel drops and it is absolute SHIT

Get a Nexus phone or you'll regret going with Android.

Currently have a OnePlus One. Killed the screen and digitizer. Wondering if I should spend the 40ish bucks to buy a replacement mid frame/screen assembly or just buy a new phone.

T-Mobile, Metro Detroit. Are any of the newer SOC's or radioes worth an upgrade?

Where the fuck can I buy a chinkphone with a fucking keyboard?

A landscape.

Currently have a samsung galaxy note 4 under Verizon in the US

I want to straight up buy a phone as opposed to getting a contract, and I'd also like to get a smaller phone of equal or greater specs. The case I have caused a hole in my back pocket so smaller is better. Budget is ~$500

My phone's mic software sometimes doesn't work so if I need to talk on a phone call the other side can't hear me. Should I wait to upgrade after the end of the year to see what next nexus comes out or should I get something now? Having a reliable phone about now would be handy. Suggestions for a slightly bigger replacement with good battery? I've had this phone since the 2nd batch (Jan 2nd 2012).

Actually should I just wait for thr Pixel announcement?

Just bricked my galaxy s4.
What the resonable choice?
need root+xposed
verizon locked

Which phone would be best though? Looking through and there doesn't seem to be a good model of phone that supports a lot of US LTE bands.

is there a coup d'etat going on in Germany right now? I haven't seen a single German poster on Cred Forums all day

i have to choose from a nexus 6p (128 gb) and a note 5 (64 gb)

is the stylus useful/enjoyable or just a gimmick? i can't decide which one to go for

gimmick. get the 6p, samshit is touchjizz

I love the s-pen but I'd rather go for the 128gb 6p. The note5 will be eol once it gets nougat since >no stable aosp

6p all the way

Anyone here has the Gray version of RN3P?
I've been waiting for quite some time for a good price to buy it, but no sellers have them and the ones I've asked, have no idea when they will get more.
Should I just give in and buy a Silver one?

>decide I want to wipe my phone and do a clean install of a ROM
>have TWRP wipe everything, also do another wipe when prompted in the installer
>when phone boots it says optimising my old 180+ apps despite supposedly wiping the phone
>still has my old wallpaper

Hold the fuck up, so how do you actually do a clean install on a phone?

Also, what does Google backup on your phone? I just wanted to restore my apps but for some reason Google also remembers my WiFi networks.

>for some reason Google also remembers my WiFi networks
That's info stored on your account. I had networks saved on my S5 for locations I had only been to with my previous Nexus S.

I open settings and all apps say "Yes", I try to change them all to "No", no difference, same message.

I suspect it's a screen display problem, ie blue light filter, but my OP3 has a built in night mode so maybe that's the problem?

It seems that the lights on the buttons aren't working on RN3P with CM13. Do you guys know if it's been fixed?

Also, happen to know if CM13 takes more ram or less than MIUI 8? I have the 2GB/16GB model and the os takes up 1GB.

I have the gray one (black front). Got it from banggood for $140 shipped.

The $30/mo for 100 minutes, 5GB 4G, and unlimited text from TMobile is the best deal I've found.

>detachable batteries
>rugged cases

kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/fe_material-rugged,fe_battery-removable

How's Xiaomi in the US? Better yet, how's Xiaomi in general? MIUI caught my attention and I wanna try it out, but can't flash it to my Nexus 6.

What's a good phone to get to try out MIUI?

I don't know what to recommend you, but I experienced similar issues with my N4 an managed it with SoundAbout.

>How's Xiaomi in the US?
Ever have no 4G signal, anywhere?
That's Xiaomi in the US. No bands.

Is there an updated info graphic for recommended apps 2016? Currently use
>SD maid pro
>Nova launcher prime
>VLC for movies (any better out there? I occasionally get lock ups)
>OverChan for browsing this shit hole
>Blackplayer for music
>solid explorer and cloud module for file management and talking to my server

Also out of genuine curiosity, who here isn't rooted? I have the Motorola moto X pure. Factory unlocked, rootable etc. Never bothered because I can't be hassled to manually patch updates, and apparently doing so breaks device encryption.

>military take over to remove the politicians
I wish

You're right. It'd be great if we could upgrade the specs at anytime.

>Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro
Get this and feel the difference. This is the best value smartphone on the market now. However it doesn't come with the advantage of removable cover like the Lenovo A7K. Otherwise, it's a great phone. Better chip and better usability. The only thing you have to face is the lack of availability of the common accessories like cases, screen protector, etc. But you still can get it anyway if you search harder.

>Every time I've ever considered an iPhone, I've gone to my brother to toy around with his 5s a bit. 10 minutes of using it usually convinces me to stay with Android
This. I too face the same problem. Sadly nothing is good enough at times.

The Zuk Z2 is certainly a great value phone. Get it. I don't own one but my friend has the Zuk Z2 and he says it's really good.

redmi note 3 is available with official cm13.
redmi 3 not yet, but if you prefer 5".
a7000 cm13 is a chink hackjob.

Will lurking at /spg/ increase my knowledge on smartphones? I'm searching for sales jobs in different shops that focuses mainly on mobile phones. Right now I know a lot on current phones.

Is MediaTek good? If no, why?

What exactly does someone play or run that requires the newest phone?

Seems like most people just text and go on Facebook with iPhones.

Thanks! What'd end up working for you on your end? Don't want to have to buy a new phone if I don't have to.

Is the Lenovo Zuk Z1 (Z2 isn't available yet in my country) good?

The specs seem great for today's standard.
>Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
>Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 400
>64 GB, 3 GB RAM
>5.5 inch IPS display

I know it's an year and a month old phone but what do you think? Considering the price of it in my country which is US$160, it's well inside my price range.

What do you think /spg/? Should I go for it? Will I regret it?

What about pixel?

How long does lg usually take to update their flagshits?

Just cave in and bought a redmi note 3 pro. Should I flash custom rom on it or just use the miui global Rom? Which Rom is the best for it?

Any android users here use google now? Not sure if I want to be part of another botnet for whatever it does.

Decent buy

I'm a huge faggot, but I'm still slightly above Applel

Samsung is so fucking boring, it's the commie block of smartphones

Me again. I tinkered around with a few settings and the problem seems partially improved, but it's still not back to the same battery life I was getting last week. I look at consumption levels and AndroidSystem is the highest by far at 19.49%, the next highest being Chrome at 5.95%.

Is this level of battery consumption for AndroidSystem normal?

You should probably ask xda or some other place dedicated to the phone.

And are you the filipino guy?

I checked the XDA forum and it seems quite sparse, although I'm not surprised since the phone came out around two months ago. Really hope a custom ROM comes out for it soon.

Nope, I'm potato scum.

Anyone still using Nexus 5? Should I bother looking into ElementalX?

How do I get rid of the Google Now toolbar? I've tried everything and I just can't do it officially and I don't want to resort to a third party app.

What do you think about the Zenfone 3?

hold and drag into the bin

>tfw Moto X Play
>tfw only available CM builds are nightlies
is there any way to know if/when a stable/milestone build will be available

>2016
>not having a phone with HVEC 4K 10-bit hardware decoder

>Hello, I want to buy a smartphone. What about the Samsung there?
>lol, buying samsung
>o-okay so I heard the iphones are good too
>what, do you want to be in a walled garden like a baby? god damn itoddlers
>well, what do you suggest then
>listen, if you want a good phone for a good price then get the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro from alieeexpress. Apply for bootloader unlock and flash cyanogenmod 13 after that. You're welcome

Zenfone 2 for a bit over a year, dropped once and it's breaking apart, let's just say I'm done with it and want a new one.
>philippines
>250 usd below
>5.5 inches max
>finger print reader is the only feature I really want
Other than that, great battery life is always ideal. I'll be using the phone mainly for WhatsApp and...yeah now that I think about it I'm only using my phone for WhatsApp.
5X still solid?

Considering buying a new phone, is the OnePlus 3 a good choice or are there better chinkphones?

Not only the best chinkphone, probably the best phone right now if you don't mind no SD card slot. If you do, HTC 10

Kek

Yeah I still use an N5 with ElementialX kernel. Everything just works as expected, making it very hard to decide on which phone to upgrade to. Just try EmentialX, takes 2 minutes as long as you have TWRP or the likes of.

Currently waiting to see how the Pixel phones are going to be priced or end up with a Oneplus 3 or one or the current Nexus's

normal iphone or plus?

neither nor

If they're smart, they'll give a steep discount if you use it on Fi

Hope so, looking to buy one if the pixels aren't too pricey, which doesn't seem to be the case

What's the closest thing to a G4 Plus I can get that has NFC? It would be the best phone to buy but NFC is vital to me

Why do you need nfc so much?

i couldnt remove it as well. i just stopped using google now launcher and used apex launcher instead. with apex just longpress on it and dump in the bin.

if you are in britain i am pretty sure they sell a g4play model there that has nfc. i dont know which model nr the nfc one is tho. i can tell you that it is not the xt1602 model because thats the one i got.

I payed 15 bucks extra for the black/grey 3s
Its worth it, I almost got the gold one.

Whats wrong with the 3s? isnt it plain better than the 3 pro in everything?

This is the only seller I've found.
But it's so cheap I know I will get chinked.
geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Pro-5-5-Inch-FHD-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-371732.html

5x ?

Need a decent phone that basically doesn't lag and has a good camera and screen and is not a samsung or apple

budget: 400-500$

considering the honor 8 is it any good like what the shilling jewtubers say?

6p

5X has shit battery life
Yes, otherwise look at the chart.

By the way, I'm planning on updating the chart. Not too sure what I should include in the sub 200$ and the 200$-400$ category. I want to drop the Moto G4 in favour of a Honor phone but I don't know which one?

If you've got suggestions, I'm listening.

That does seem the closest one, thanks

Usually people put Honor 5x together in that group but idk if it would be a better choice than G4

Thinking about getting a new phone, looking at the S6 + Gear VR

But the only thing stopping me so far is that I cannot find a reliable source for info on the diopter adjustment on the Gear VR

I am -8.25 and if I can't use it without glasses I won't bother

Can anyone give me a real answer to what the adjustment range is on the Gear VR?

Hey there, Virgin Mobile US user.
Wondering if the Samsung galaxy s7 is worth it? Being prepaid I have to pay full price.
Any pros and cons? Or should i just save my money and get the Samsung galaxy j7(2016 version)?

OP3 second week in using OP3

1/2

I don't actually believe it has been on for 7 hours but hey, why complain?

2/2

I just wanted a 300€ full-hd,

mi 5

OP3 here, absolutely no complaints, I can't imagine what else I could want for a phone. Highly advisable unless your job is underwater

They are around 370$ here in Austria. I can get S6 for 240€ from my provider, I just really dislike how samsungs look but I think thats a really good deal.

honorbuy.com/755-xiaomi-mi-5-32gb-rom-smartphone-black.html

?

>Big Dick for Note 7
>Not EOD vest

It's pretty horrible. You literally need to install iTunes to do any important things if you connect it to a PC.

>your phone
>battery life
>SOT

post it

Right here you cuck OP3 is Phone of the Year

But I use GnuLinux

Why is /spg/ filled with Android shills? Are you all poor or something?

>Galaxy S7
>19h38m uptime

>not using legacy capchka

hey ethan

>currently have 5X
>thinking about replacing it with a OnePlus 3
>give 5X to mother who is currently using a shitty work issued Lumia 640

The new 5" Pixel will be shit right?

it'll be expensive af

probably but it doesn't hurt to wait two days

I don't see how Google can compete with Apple in making a premium smartphone for nomies.

14 day return period in case I get buyers regret

>OP3 is Phone of the Year
>getting literally blown the fuck out by a fucking s7

>I don't see how Google can compete with Apple in making a premium smartphone for nomies.

by making it look nice and offering unending cloud storage probably.

>Probably getting blown the fuck up by a note 7

Unless Google markets the shit out of Pixel with a giant ad spend it's going to flop like Nexus.

Samsung was able to go up against Apple by spending hundreds of millions on ads

If you want to stick with sammy s7 is 550 abouts brand new. Hop on tmobile and never look back

what's so great about t mobile besides having chinkphone support

sup guys I´m about to switch from my Samsung s5 to apple again.
I was looking into the 6s plus and the 7 (Both 128GB models).
They´re the same price here in Germany but i´m not sure if the 7 is worth it.
I´d like to have the bigger screen, but if the features (except the waterproof meme) on the 7 outweigh the screen advantage, I´d get it.
Opinions?
>inb4 apple sucks

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Place: USA
Carrier: AT&T (LTE)
Budget: ~500

Features: I'm looking for a good flagship phone that can work with my carrier and the location of where I'm at. A new phone that has 4 GB of RAM, fast CPU, a big screen and camera that look amazing, and a phone that of newer release would be awesome. Thanks Cred Forums much appreciated.

Sold my 5x for an OP3
Best decision I've made
I'd say wait for three damn days then decide lmao

Axon 7

hola

Apple sucks

Is a g4 a good choice right now?

Fuck that, I'm getting the OP3.

Jewgle will make the Pixel overpriced as fuck in the UK

How good is the battery of the Oneplus 3? I'd pretty much buy it in a heartbeat, but the 3000 mAh scare me off.

Just get a ZUK Z2 (check frequencies first)
Has RR & CM good hardware and decent battery life

ok panjeet

>get on t mobile

ftfy

zero chinkphones work on anything that isn't t mobile

Isn't he in UK? There's more than t mobile... They work on every carrier in Krautland btw.

Oh, I don't care about Europe

usa is fucked when it comes to phones

USA is pretty fucked in more cases.

You guys get everything 30$ cheaper than us

True, we do have way too many shitskins

If only we could turn blacks into cell towers that operated in civilized frequencies...

There really needs to be a more comprehensive buying guide listing pros/cons because BIG DICC isn't really a good way to decide a phone, even manlet hands would be more appropriate

Those mean the same thing (i.e. if you want a big phone or not), so I don't get the objection.

Are you retarded or something? Only poor people buy iPhones. Rich people buy a Note 7, then a new car or a new house after it catches fire you dumb fuck.

Place: Random shithole
Budget: Unlimited
Carrier: Doesn't matter
What is the best option?

redmeme

It's not immediately apparent, but true.
I would like to make a graphic of better comparison between budgets, features, sizes etc. for the U.S market at least.

Give some actual needs you nig, do you want to root and install roms? Just want the $top of the line$ shit? Care about battery?

Hey you won't be disappointed senpai. Enjoy.

If the OP3 had a mSD instead of a useless 2nd SIM I'd buy one in a heartbeat desu

Why is the OPX so based?

Can someone please recommend me a phone (android) in the 300-400 dollar range with excellent battery life.

64Gb isn't enough for you?

I just like being able to swap my shit out at any time. I can pop an anime backup onto a 64GBsd, or use another one for music, or if I need to back up my shit and reset my phone if problems arise. If the phone gets smashed or destroyed, I can still pull out the microSD with most of my data on it. 59GB is a decent amount, but in 2-3 years things will probably become so bloated as to make 16GB ROM worthless.

I was going to buy redmi note 3 pro but then I figured out it doesn't work with ATT LTE.

They released an international version.

Isn't that just a different rom with the same LTE band support?

It's a gimped one plus phone. How is it based?

The price is also gimped

tfw no oneplus x2

So I really want to try MIUI 8. What phone would you recommend for the states? Or is there a Nexus or something that has support for MIUI 8? I saw a ROM for the OnePlus 3, but saw it was a Chinese ROM with some problems.

I bought my 3GB LG G3 used back in March for $100. Good condition. I have root. Will this phone last me until VR shit isn't a meme?

I hated the LG G3. Their default ROM is fucking awful

I'm thinking of getting a custom ROM, considering the phone is stuck on a really old version of Android, but will that fuck up my battery life and camera/picture quality?

>but will that fuck up my battery life and camera/picture quality?
I you use a ROM like Cyangogen then yes to the camera quality, maybe to the battery life. There are other custom ROMs based on the stock rom though. Just search through XDA.

Murrica
virgin mobile
features: Puzzle&Dragons or One Piece Treasure Cruise available on app store
budget: LOWEST POSSIBLE
size: 5 inches

Well it's Sunday obviously so 9 hours since asking Xiaomi Authorized on AliExpress about shipping and nothing...

I'm not waiting 20-40 days for standard shipping, will I get chinked/taxholed or charged customs fees by DHL or China EMS importing a RN3P to Florida?

All this talk about upgrades... what is the longest you've ever used a phone between upgrades, /spg/?

I asked about something the other day and at the end they sent me this:
"the National Day is coming , if we can't reply your message in time, Please forgive us "
And I saw another store having a week off from selling stuff, so you might have to wait a while before getting any answer.

No. RN3P(P) Kenzo and Kate exist. Kenzo is China/Eastern (idfk) bands, Kate is "Global" version and should work well or awesomely with TMO/Metro PCS (supports LTE B4, not the extended range band but B4 is their fast LTE air). I'm going to find out, at least.

>Frequency checker
>willmyphonework.net
>frequencycheck.com

Apparently the band support doesn't work well for att, it's missing band 17 among others.

Guess I have to throw that out then, guess I'm waiting for pixel.

What are the best networking tool apps for android?

>Is this level of battery consumption for AndroidSystem normal?
Yeah, pretty much.

S7.

Moto Z Play.

Still misses B12 and B17 for AT&T. but might work with B2 and B4.

None of the Xiaomi phones have full U.S band support and I'm not aware of the MiUI rom available on other devices.

Blu X2 or Blu R1 HD.

amazon.com/BLU-LIFE-ONE-X2-Smartphone/dp/B01LZHFSBC

Chinks are on vacation for the next 10 days.
ft.com/content/1200a6c2-885f-11e6-8cb7-e7ada1d123b1

No shipping whatsoever during that time. anyway DHL has their own BS fees that they always have and hold your package until you pay.

Yeah, I got lucky already Metro. Now if I can only decipher what courier/shipping method won't chink/hold phone hostage or tax me out the goddamned pepe :^)

speedguide.net/faq/us-carriers-mobile-network-frequencies-415

Kenzo:
2G: 900/ 1800/ 1900MHz
3G: B5:850/ B8:900/ B2:1900/ B1:2100MHz
4G: FDD LTE
B3:1800/ B1:2100/ B7:2600MHz
TDD LTE
B38:2600/ B39:1900 /B40:2300/ B41:2555-2655MHz

Kate:
2G: 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900MHz
CDMA 1X BC0
3G: B5:850/ B8:900/B2:1900/ B1:2100/ B4:1700MHz
4G: FDD LTE
B1:2100/ B3:1800/ B4:1700/B5:850/ B7:2600/ B8:900 MHz
TDD LTE
B38:2600/ B39:1900/ B40:2300/ B41:2555-2655MHz

>tfw blackberry keyboards are kill

At least they could develop a keyboard case for popular android models or something

WOW AWESOME TIMING GO ME (pic related).

Will China EMS call/contact me to request more donger bills before my phone leaves Chinkland? Any comparisons you can draw from experience between shipping methods or should I just...FUCKING WAIT 10 DAYS AHHHHHH

>i got dis.

is the Samsung J7(2016) worth the price? With all the overheating problems of the Moto this phone is my only option

should i root my s7? i want to install xposed to change some stuff but i just bought the thing. knox always had me worried about fucking with it.

Damn it. What's my best bet then for a Xiaomi phone in the states?

I'll take
>Frequency checker
for 800, Alex.

I'm just going to call USPS in the morning. They should be able to help me decide on Ali Standard (probably handed off to USPS) or tell me about the difference in duty between Standard coop shipping and EMS. DHL can get fucked.

Not gonna wait 10 days for Chinese Golden Week gift-shekels to buy up all the fucking phones.

Hey guys, got an S7 Edge and rooted it. Question, since I rooted it Ive gotten this message

"Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes."

What do?

Yeah and I've looked at a few, the Max seems too big and the Redmi Note 3 Pro International edition seems pretty solid. But I wanted some other opinions from others who have used Xiaomi devices in the states.

Other than your quick storage option, your reasons are p shit.
You can easily drag and drop your files on your pc, but smashing your phone would be a problem... But to the extent of not being able to save your storage? Probably not.

You don't need 4.
Nexus 6p.

I've tested, returned, then repurchased the op3. Buyers remorse is great.

Well I'm going to try the n3p on Metro. Mainly, you have to see if the bands line up with your carrier, see:

Then, you have to know what bands your carrier is using that the phone is not capable of, and decide based on what those bands are used for by the carrier whether or not you want to give it a shot.

I'm going to get at least UMTS/HSPA with Metro, which is plenty damned fast and is sometimes a better option if LTE is fucking up, and if for some oddball reason I can't tx/rx B4 or LTE because of no extended range LTE support, well it doesn't matter so much to me. It may to you. But I'm thinking it'll work.

( metropcs.com/terms-conditions/network-disclosure.html basing my decision off of that, google searches, and different numbers of results for google search term swapping trying to figure out whether I "had to have" extended LTE 700 to get, well, their fast LTE. Seeing as 700 was bought from Verizon where I don't think there's a chance of the phone working, I'm kind of doubting it.)

Was just more curious on how people felt about the N3P vs other Xiaomi devices with similar bands. I only see people talk about N3P in the states, so maybe I'll just go with that. Though I like the MI5 look more.

I'll be fairly useless then; I'm already kind of sold on the screen dpi, shekel point, and weight of the n3p compared to a few of the other memes, and it was made pretty easy (after concluding couple hours of googling) by my carrier supporting it.

Figure out how you feel about the models, check carrier support, consider switching carriers for that great longevity happy xiaomeme lifestyle. There's a discord link for chat in OP.

Halp pls?

It keeps happening.

Lesson learned.

Kids, unless your know what you're doing (and a couple hours of googling won't get you there, start with SDK sandboxing and xda forums..), you're going to infect a fucking $400-700 flagship with autism and be shit out of luck when you go crying to your carrier :^)

>bombay forums

I started with xda and a highly recommended video tutorial.

Who sandboxes for root anyway?

Pshh, who sandboxes/virtualizes or somehow test runs system changes to an essentially DRM'd, very expensive shiny thing, before applying forreal. I mean, come on! Who does that!

Not you, apparently. You rooted it. Ok, what was your goal again? To then unlock the bootloader and flash the legit, fire af senpai CM ROM your friend Jimmy baked on his EeePC last night? Tell us what you were trying to accomplish or needed # for in the first place. Or restart your phone (it's gonna happen sooner or later, user) and hope it goes away.

smdh.

Thoughts?

So in other words you dont have an answer.

Got it.

Doesn't work.

Yeah this is pretty much what I have to resort. Fucking why.

disappointing
its like they're taking a big step backwards with this design

6s Plus is a v good phone, had it before my current phone and was very happy with it

You fucked up and should have known your hardware features first. You ./ran random binaries (how are we even supposed to start helping you if you don't give us more information than this) from the internet on your flagship second. I asked you to tell us what we need to know about your situation and what you needed # for. Cred Forums is not your personal tech support, nor are we wizards. "My last exit status was non-zero, what's up with that man? Better call in the experts on Cred Forums."

Pretty sure you're underageb& too if you're this new to Android, have never heard of HSC systems/features, and decided to root an S7 Edge for shits and a 5" screen that says in very small, and probably annoying (since your phone doesn't work properly at the moment) type:
>root@1337xor-ph0ne:/home/root#

Stop crying about your broken phone, touch it off with mains a couple times (should be fun and exciting for a 14 year old, but I secretly hope you electrocute yourself while doing it), and send it back to Samsung saying you plugged it into your charger OOTB and it started hissing and smoking.

And stop shitposting. (Try reflashing to stock. If you even can or it's even available. No idea about Samshit Knox, nor do I care in the least because I wouldn't go near it.)

Forced to switch to Verizon, are there any good phones $400 or less and not motorola? All the good shit doesnt have cdma and verizon wont verify the axon 7 so it isnt reliable sadly.

Axon 7 isn't reliable for any carrier due to its reception issues. The latest update helped some people, but many still claim signal and wifi issues. Not to mention the problem with its mic being muted during calls, or flat out broken.

Yeah id heard that some already. Any suggestions?

>Verizon
Exact same boat here, price range and all. Wish they worked better with chinkphones. Any Verizon-friendly recommendations are recommended.

Sorry for meming but OP3. Or an SE.

Op3 works on cdma verizon bands? And sorry no iphone, esp. the se.

best alarm app for android

Clock.apk

I wouldnt have deliberated in giving more info about my case if you didnt come off as a shitposter.

Anyway I rooted because on my S5 I had a few apps that needed root and IIRC custom ROMs dont even work yet on snapdragon S7s. Ive used a few phones before this and its literally the first time I got this nag message. Apparently its been an issue with the S6es too when rebooting from root.

Going by google Im gonna install package disabler and hopefully I can disable the security nag through there as well as IQService for battery life.

Flash utils, couple dumps at points you wouldn't mind going back to before you try this out :^) (or anything) on your brand spanking new 0.5 kilo-shekel phones that are yet to be haxd and may not be, ever, because of things like Knox (err on caution, but hey, DeCSS, HDCP, Michaelshaft's Golden Keys...). otoh you have some fingers and Knox just like those other disgusting custom obfucrypto stax and a dozen more that have protected 10-100kShekel audio/video software will be broken anywhere from a few months (lucky) to a year or two from now. These things (can) take tens of thousands or more man hours to reverse user.

(A few copies of both dump files on a few disks and hashes of those files and hashes of the hashes make sure those images stay sane).

(note: not up to speed on Knox or the dumping/restoration facilities of anything that might have it so just trying to brainstorm.
>mfw "dumping facilities" and while penning unironic, helpful shitposts )

gn Cred Forums anons

new thread:

Also find out if you blew any fuses or anything, you literally may want to zap it and lie into a new one and some backups and test restores from that new one before poking around again.

Any unrelated serious issue down the road could leave you just like I said in
"Sorry user you're the one who messed with it we can't help you let me just document this with Corp and Samsung fuck you get out of my store :^)"

actually i lied

new thread:
*fixed subject line