IT Job With Little-to-No Human Interaction

Hello, everyone.

I have Asperger's and I have crippling social phobia. Most of my days are spent indoors watching anime and optimizing my Gentoo system. On Monday, I am starting my first professional job where I will work on a trendy campus with several other young professionals doing work with SQL.

I know that this will be extremely difficult for me to get used to (thankfully, I'll be working the night shift, so less people), but I am wondering if I should begin aiming in a different direction with my career.

Are there any IT jobs that require little, or none at all, human interaction? Software development is out of the question, as it has become extremely trendy and requires working in teams most of the time. Network admins are constantly on the phone with people. Is system administration the last hope? Anyone else have any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pq23GC3BEFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I also want to know this. I'm fucking done with people. I tried my best to interact and be social. I'm just fucking done.

>I have Asperger's and I have crippling social phobia.
Literal autist posting on Cred Forums and using Gentoo

Force yourself to get over it maybe? I hated people and had an awful time interacting with people. I got around it most of my life and the first time I was forced to really deal with it was in my first professional job. It was an awful trial by fire. I had panic attacks all the time and hated life in general for a while.

Eventually, I got used to it. Any chance you can make yourself do that? You'll be better for it in the long run.

Congrats, you can read on an elementary basis.
Good addition to the thread

Fuck off, frogposter

Wow, man. Sounds rough. Any tips on just getting through the day? I'm going to be sitting with at least three people on my first day for ~8 hours. In addition, I will be dealing with the stress of not knowing anything about what they want me to do.

I too would like more information. What kind of job was this and how long did you hate life for?

For a while, I worked as a "scientist" at an engineering firm that did mostly contract civil engineering work for municipal clients. I was a jack of all trades and did just about everything. Especially when I first started, they threw a ton of shit at me. A lot of it involved "winging it"/bullshitting with existing clients. Some of it made sense for someone like me, other of it didn't. The GIS/Python and data analysis work I did was pretty straight forward and fitting, so I won't bother touching on that.

Some early tasks that I recall giving me some heartburn involved calling around to various industry representatives trying to get ballpark budgetary figures for heavy metal treatment in wastewater streams and doing construction observation (read "inspection") work. That was some real life experience I never thought I'd have, that's for sure. Engineering firms put boots on the ground to observe and document construction work being done. It makes sense, but I don't know why they had me doing it. That meant interfacing with really rough around the edges construction workers/foremen who can get very volatile when you "observe" that they're not building what they're supposed to according to the job spec.

As far as tips to get through the day? I don't know man. It sucked. Bad at first. I can recall walking to the gender neutral bathroom (no, I'm a cis male, but that was the only single-stall bathroom that you could lock and not raise suspicion) a few times in the midst of a panic attack and thinking there was no way I was going to make it through the day. Maybe the best advice I can give you is that no matter how hard it seems, no matter how certain you are that you can't do it, you can, and you will as long as you persevere.

I have tried this many times. I am now convinced that i am a defective human being and that there is no way for me to be social. In my last attempt i tried to get drunk every morning to get out of the house, that didn't end so well though.

There are companies hiring programmers like you.

Programming jobs are one of the jobs you can find a place with minimal social interaction. It's hard but I hope you keep looking.

NEET or image board startup

Read up on supplements
Read Dale Carnegie
You are never as bad as you think you are, you should see some of the normie cunts I work with

forensics

If you're a very analytical person, you should keep forcing yourself into social interactions. Eventually you will start seeing better patterns behind average people's behavior, and anticipate their actions/reactions, which will fill that confidence gap thats causing you to sperg out.

It's an experience thing. Not being comfortable with human interaction causes you to avoid it, which stunts your experience with it, 20 goto 10

Source: I've had social anxiety all my life, and went back to university w/ a more social friend as a roommate after one year in the real world.

I was like you.. Afraid of people making fun of me, or how they will see me.
But it rly wasn't like that. All of them like me for my knowledge and I can learn from all of them.
So my message is. Don't be scared. You will see that you have a much higher value that you think and learn a lot.

I'm learning to become a network admin, am I seriously going to be spending most of my time on the phone? Fuck

>Are there any IT jobs that require little, or none at all, human interaction? Software development is out of the question, as it has become extremely trendy and requires working in teams most of the time. Network admins are constantly on the phone with people. Is system administration the last hope? Anyone else have any ideas?

You live on planet Earth filled with over 7 billion other humans, get used to talking to them.

Yes you will have to work in teams, yes you'll have to work in a department, yes you'll have to talk to people in person and on the phone, yes it sucks and you'll get over it.

Getting out the house will do you a world of good, just do your job and respond when someone wants to talk to you.

>do your job and respond when someone wants to talk to you.

That really sounds like a dog. Or is it so that goyim are considered even lesser beings than dogs?

One can't force another to interact and get along with other human beings as if staying a social creature is a requirement and the benefit of the majority isn't always beneficial.

One can stay misanthropic without being a psychopath, lest wear a mask of sanity.

Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face.

Even on Cred Forums now, you can't even express what you want to say without staying anonymous lest by suspicious in trying to be truly user.

OP, simply get professional help and a good doctor and spill out your problems, talk and be careful with medication, mindful of your thoughts, actions and what you say.

Making the first step is the most essential route and only yourself can help yourself, so get used to talking to your therapist so you can understand yourself more in doing so and accept yoruself and start a proces of transformation

But nobody forces you to be who you are not. Know thyself

With regard to your job, you must be kidding me, do you see how much dissociation has led to work being disconnected from an actual office, there are many ways to get an income but figure it out yourself and be ethical, know what's right and do what's right but misplaced truth is often a bloody sword in a world of hypocrisy, smoke and mirrors

work hard, have faith in yourself and always be yourself

>social phobia
user please.
Try becoming a physician first.
Then you'll really start developing phobias.

Consider suicide

The pain is worth it

Pronounce it "sequel" if you want to fit in and not immediately be recognized as autistic.

Just collect your assbux and stay home

Go get a job that's graveyard shift. Guaranteed to have little to no human activity regardless of what job you're doing.

Overnight backup administrator

I used to work in high performance computing. I spent a lot of time in the data center on my own.

Datacenter work is quite a lonely but im quite outgoing so dont mind working in teams, as long as i dont have to work with betas.

sauce?

Been there. Took me until I was 25 to get away from this notion that I had to just be left alone and find something where I wouldn't have to deal with people.

And I can tell you there are difficulties, there's assholes here and there, but I wouldn't have met some excellent people either so I count it as a loss. I can always ignore the assholes I met in my last years. It's difficult to ignore my situation when I was still having trouble speaking to anyone outside my family. I'd rather have interaction with 3 people who would think I was weird for some reason if the 4th one ends up being fine with me.

AM hours sysadmin

What?

What is the source

>consider suicide
>the pain is worth it

I don't get this, is it your pain or pain in general, what's worth what, is it yours or mine

Yes.

>le just be urself
Fuck all of you. You have no idea how bad social anxiety can get.
I was never as bad as OP but if his situation is as bad as he describes he will never "just not be scared"

OP go to a psychiatrist and get benzodiazepine prescription.

Thank you for that, user. It was a great read.

It seems that I can't interact with you, but I tried my best to listen. Life is worth living, the purpose of life is to live. You go to the graveyard and they're dead, that's what it says they're dead there.

Take yourself out of that idea, pop yourself out of it

Tt's a simplistic idea of a big idea, you learn from the graveyard to live. Knowing when to ask for help is a sign of strength in any case

>you have no idea

yea but face your true self, benzos are just a bandaid, the cure is from within or figure it out for yourself

Seems like the consensus here is to force yourself into social situations repeatedly and hope they get better as you adapt to them. I feel as though this is a make-it-or-break-it trial by fire, and for severe Autists who will most likely fail, this is a road to depression because things will never actually get better. OP actually sounds like he needs medication.

Never trust a normie. Anime and neetdom for life!

watch this and reboot
youtube.com/watch?v=Pq23GC3BEFs

>force yourself into social situations repeatedly

This is how I overcame my social autism. I used to be an introverted, nearly mute person with no confidence that was terrified of speaking to new people. I eventually overcame this by simply forcing myself to talk to people and going to social events.

I'm still a little awkward but I can definitely handle myself around people now. I'm just not good at coming up with small talk.

OP said he has assburgers, not 'severe autism'.

What is it like forcing yourself to go through this? What kept you going?

It wasn't so bad because I was usually with a few friends at the social gatherings. I would usually try to make a few new friends and always talk to at least one gril. I wanted a girlfriend really bad (and to get my dink wet of course) so I just kept trying to get used to talking to girls without clamming up and sperging.

So at first it was extremely awkward but eventually you grow confidence and stop caring if you act like a sperg. Interacting with people just takes practice like anything else.

go on something like chatroulette and talk to random people about random shit for 1 hour every day.
They're ass on there but also nice people, just skip the asses. If you feel incomfortable clic next you'll never see them again and they'll never see you again, there's nothing to lose here(maybe 1hour).