Are you ok?

So user, how are you, how are you doing?
How's life?
Jobs, aspirations?
Are you happy in the moment?
Feel free to get it off your chest user

ok senpai
went back to uni in late 20s, now in mid 30s with a decent IT job
still no gf
happy enough - want to get a new laptop, not sure what to do.

i wanna kms

It's doing okay, I guess. Medschool is kicking my ass, and I'm a bit fed up with working weekend shifts since I can't go get hammered in peace.
At least I can provide for my ol' folks and feel like I'm doing something.
Missing my >gf a fair bit, right now. I wanna eat that booty like groceries ASAP.
I dunno if I'm as happy as I can be, but it sure does fucking beat being homeless, lemme tell you that.

I'm OK, about to start a new job with a long commute, not sure if it'll kill me
How do you get into full time home working? I'm a Java dev with spring experience

early 20s, studying at uni right now, sometimes i feel empty inside, sometimes i feel in peace with the world... like anyone else i guess.
already have a good job position as i finish my studies.
i have nice friends and i'm in good relations with my family, still no gf

I have already gone out of my way to explain to you the overlords and their agenda. If you aren't going to believe me then fuck it. why should i give a shit.

i don't get your post user

probably approaching a burnout stadium

read a recent article about its warning signs and I was pretty much crossing all the checkmarks

I'll know next week.

Started shitting blood, also found a lump in my neck.

24yo

Life's alright, thanks. Could be better, could be worse.
Technically a pol. sci. student, though I do just the bare minimum required to not get thrown out. No aspirations whatsoever. Hopefully I'll get my Bachelor's done this autumn, what comes after remains to be seen.
Apart from a lack of direction my greatest problem is how to reboot a social life. Got epilepsy earlier in the year, and can't drink anymore. Which sort of killed most "friendships". Student activities are all alcohol-centered, as are most other social gatherings where I'm from. Never really been a hobby-person.
Learning Russian though, and understanding more and more for every passing day. Wonderful feeling. :)
How about you, OP? How's life treating you?

I'm not doing that well. Every next day is worse than the last and I'm starting to wonder why I even put up with life anymore.
College is kicking my ass and I don't know if I can go through another year of this bullshit. I keep telling myself that my grades don't matter anymore, but I still can't put myself through this, it's too tiring for me. I'd do anything but go to school every day. People say that college is fun, but the only time I enjoyed it was in my second year, when I switched to CS, and right before I transferred to my current college. People think that my current college is more important, or that I'm smart for going there, but I know that's not true. I used to put this college on a pedestal when I didn't get in back in high school, but I'm starting to notice the cracks in the veneer. It's grating on me, it's a cash grab that keeps milking me like a cow on growth hormone. I don't like this, man. I would literally rather have my limbs crushed by a truck than go to school.
I don't really have any aspirations, I'm honestly just waiting to start working so I can save up money for a decade or so, start investing in real estate so I can retire and live by myself in some tropical area. But I don't need this. I don't have anyone to share it with. In all probability, I'll die alone in a house that's too big for me.
I'm not really all that happy. I get too stressed out when I think about jobs and making enough money. I see people around me, people who are clever, motivated, and hard working, and I'm filled with intense jealousy. Every time I try my hardest, nothing comes of it.
All I can think of is about how dying must feel like going to sleep, and I'm really feeling tired right now.

Happy Birthday. Lets have another 13 years.

meme nirvana

What. Just go to parties and not drink. Always a few who don't.

Just moved to the south for a job after uni, living in a shithole apt because it's close to work. Saving to buy a house. No friends down here, coworkers are cool though, and I like my job. Plus, I get paid biweekly, but I got 3 checks this month, plus made over 800 bucks trading stocks this month, so right now I'm doin ok.

Ive had a small lump just to the side of my spine for a few months but I'm too lazy to get it checked out because it doesn't hurt, I'm only 24 anyway

Early 20s, working full time for an institution I am no longer sure I can work for with a clean conscience due to political events
Half of the team I'm in left and was replaced with useless project people or the position moved to development
Now I'm in charge of keeping applications online I have never even seen while having no time to getting to know them
Pay's extremly shit for the responsibilities they added since I started (back then it was alright)
However, I am stuck as noone else wants a system / application administrator who didn't go to university
No gf and no time to go out
In fact I don't even have time to keep up to date with the latest developments in IT, further reducing my chances of a change
.. I'm not sure I can stand this much longer.

Bored with everything.

I'm starting to apply to junior web dev jobs soon and I feel fucking terrified.

I have horrific social anxiety, can't even imagine how I'm going to get through a job interview.

Coming up to third year of being a sys admin which I bullshitted my way into/filled deadmans shoes.

Stressful all the time, people are idiots, don't have my own budget, underpaid, solo gig plus MSP.

I want off the ride, but mostly I just want more money.

>So user, how are you, how are you doing?
Pretty OK, could be better.

>How's life?
Okay-ish, still kinda depressed but ever since I got my own apartment it's getting slightly better every day. Even took up again some hobbies after 10 years of doing absolutely nothing.

>Jobs, aspirations?
PhD life is good, but the pay is bad. Still feel like I'm not doing enough though, and have stress and panic attacks every now and then.

>Are you happy in the moment?
Neither happy nor unhappy desu.

I got pulled over for doing 111 mph... I might lose my licence which is a bit shit but life goes on, job is still fine, lead software engineer, looking at a 3 week trip around south america and at buying a house somewhere. Being 22 is hard.

dumb mf

made it out "the hood" by taking a loan for school...now 20 and at a posh university filled with rich kids that just party and use tinder all the time. hate this sect of life even though my whole childhood i fantasized about making it here

now i don't even want to do something like go to law school or work at a tech company because the yuppie social scene just doesn't engage me

it is interesting reading about other people's job/career stories

i've recently starting thinking about becoming a teacher (when i tell people this, they always ask where i want to get my phd)--just a normal high school teacher back home or somewhere else in need. but i am also worried about repaying loans, having not that much money etc in the long run. has anyone chosen opportunities despite inferior paycheck?

There is no "adulthood". Just overgrown children winging it. Everybody uses some sort of drug. Late 20s turning out to be the worst so far. I'm severely disillusioned with everything.

No.
No.
Its ok

I spent my teenage years and early 20s being a dumb NEET

So now I'm trying to fix that. I used to have trouble talking to anyone and such, I was socially retarded in many ways. Now I can at least make some friends but they're all females. I'm still having trouble with guys. My class is full of them and I could only make one friend there.

Bad.
>How's life?
Life's shit. Battling with depression, trying not to kms. No friends, no hobbies, no money, nothing. Nobody would even notice I'm dead if I kms.
>Jobs, aspirations?
Underpaid php codemonkey currently. No asspirations.
No.

hello me.

oh fuck nevermind that, i'm just 24.

Oh Pee, lemme answer some of your questions.

I didn't sleep last night but I feel full of energy. I'll crash a bit later tho.
>How's life?
Life has no purpose other than "get money". The world is fucked and we're going down.
>Jobs, aspirations?
I'm a lazy student, masters in psychology. I'm looking for a job but the market is absolute shit where I live.
It doesn't matter.

>Life has no purpose other than "get money".
What caused this?

Survival

Once upon a time we needed to fight for food and shelter to live another day, now it's the same except we work for money to pay for food and shelter to live another day.

Look into your heart.
You know its true.

I'm okay, Just woke up.
>How's life?
I'm alive, that counts for something. Honestly it's pretty good, just got back from vacation in China.
>Jobs, aspirations?
Do QA currently, no desire to do anything else, even though I could get a programming job fairly easily.
No, but I'm not super depressed either.

Got into the best computer engineering school in my country, determined to do my best from now on.

Great. Found old friends online, finished CS.
>How's life?
Overall 7/10
>Jobs, aspirations?
40hr/week code monkey, flexible schedule, manager is a qt and she's single.
I'm not sure, I really love my job but each day I the thought that I like my manager keeps sinking in. It's great that we get to spend 8 hours with each other every day and even go home together from time to time but on the other side I'm not even sure if she sees me as a possible partner. She's in her late 30s while I'm in my early 20s. We went out drinking with just the two of us last night from 10 pm to 4 am and I didn't get any hints.

well, and preparing, waiting for a breakthrough

full of research and development

sysadmin working to obtain ccna cert

The Struggle...

why do you even ask?
it is shit

I went to the most prestigious college I got into and boy, I had no idea what I was in for.
After a few breakdowns and existential crises, I settled into the rhythm of things. I'm pretty happy now. I'm majoring in CS and programming outside of class, so hopefully these four years of hell will pay off in a cushy job.
It's not lost on me how privileged I am to be here, but I do wonder how many teens yearning to go to a top school know what they're really asking for.

I was doing fine until you posted this /r9k/ faggot shit.

I'll bet he was doing it a shitty subie too.

What is this

Happy birthday!!

1 year closer to becoming a wizard

Thanks for asking OP.

I've started a career in sales and hope to transition into economy or tech.

Finally earning good money but it's not making me happier. I think i need a woman now more than ever.

Third year at uni. Just switched from History to Biochem. Looking at an extra two years til I graduate and that fucking sucks. Working at the help desk. Probably gonna try and get a couple of certs, since my uni doesn't have any CS degree paths, and drop the fuck out.

Broke up with my gf a few weeks ago. I don't regret it, but all of my friends are at least an hour or two drive away.

The depression meds I'm taking are working, though, so that's a plus.

women help you feel happy. You should go to lots of events/volunteering/parties and always remember to ask people about themselves in great depth (and remain interested the entire time) in order to grow your social circle

t. normie

I have a wife, a baby kid, a decent income and a job in IT.

My life should be great but deep down all I really enjoy is browsing Cred Forums, eating junk food, playing video games and taking drugs. Which my life rarely gives me a chance to do.

Could it be I was happier when I was alone and fell asleep stoned every night in an empty bed watching Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Want to say pretty good famallama.

>be me
>early 20's
>work in IT for small MSP
>job is kind of annoying but pays well
>hopefully will be moving to loonix for full time home computing; really digging Kubuntu

I just wish we didn't have to work with fucKING GODDAMN MS OFFICE AND WINDOWS 10 ALL THE SHIT-FUCK-PISS TIME AND DAMN THE PEOPLE AND THEIR PRECIOUS, BROKEN ASS ADD-ONS.

Thanks for listening user. :,)

>all I really enjoy is browsing Cred Forums, eating junk food, playing video games and taking drugs.
You and every other person here

What are the warning signs? haha

I studied CompSci, worked on IT for a couple of months, then got tired of it. Since then I've been half-NEET, doing odd jobs now and then. I'm not the kind of person to buy a lot of things, and I know how to shop and cook, so my life is humble but not bad. Kinda boring though. This has been going on for about four years now.

it's my birthday and I just cheat my girlfriend... so, no, i'm not okay

my terminal brother

>abdomen pains, back pains
>black shits
>want to vomit after eating

got endoscopy end of october

>haha
Why do people like you do this? Just ask your fucking question.

Cause I like how awkward it sounds when I read it aloud in my mind.

Autist.

I can guarantee you that I'm not. But whatever.

ok haha

[creepy fake smile] "things are great OP"

I guess, my current job has become a grind as the powers that be called the faceless entity known as "Corporate" will not let me fix anything, beyond what I already have. We have been literally throwing away thousands of dollars of product that equals big losses for my department. I have suggested the novel idea that we not buy junk that won't sell, thus making less work and dramatically lowering our loss ratio. To which I am told to stop trying to avoid work, because there lots of work to be done, just look at how much your department lost this quarter you got to work harder.

I had a clearly defined dream job, but it has gotten fuzzy with time and reality. I am some kind of abnormality, a business person with an engineering mindset which everyone says they want, but then can't see how that would work at their engineering business. Still I am going to a big event soon were lots of my dream companies will be. I hope something better comes from it, but my current job is so draining I have not gotten to prepare like I should.

I am on Cred Forums getting over the 5th worst illness in my life. How do you think I feel?

Oh man I just wanted to know what symptoms burnout has and now I'm getting roasted by an anonymous person online fml senpai

Hey man. Keep your head up.
Also, got any tips for a soon-to-be graduate with a similar mindset (so I've heard atleast) as to where one finds jobs? I don't wanna go to university job fares since they aren't really what I'm looking for.