Moscow Drops Microsoft

>Moscow city will replace Microsoft Corp. programs with domestic software on thousands of computers in answer to President Vladimir Putin’s call for Russia’s authorities to reduce dependence on foreign technology amid tensions with the U.S. and Europe.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-27/moscow-drops-microsoft-outlook-as-putin-urges-self-sufficiency

This means a lot of new programmers working on linux software.
Will 2017 be the year of linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.slashdot.org/story/16/07/04/2042250/bulgaria-got-a-law-requiring-open-source
pcworld.com/article/3040528/computers/this-russian-all-in-one-desktop-is-just-weird-enough-to-be-interesting.html
timesofisrael.com/russia-mossad-other-foreign-agents-killed-in-aleppo-strike/
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-syria-rebels-defection-hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks-a6946121.html
belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/google-works-closely-with-hillary-clinton-to-promote-presidential-campaign-julian-assange-34780998.html
catb.org/~esr/halloween/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf I love russia now

That's the only sane thing to do for EVERY government on this planet. Why do they accept being spied on by Shillcrosoft and the US Government? Just switch to open source software already you morons...

Slavs are all-around based. While the germans are whoring themselves out to the NSA, they're tightening their shit up.

news.slashdot.org/story/16/07/04/2042250/bulgaria-got-a-law-requiring-open-source

MICROSOFT IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

wtf I love russia now

Wouldn't open source make it even less secure?

>inb4 "Crazy russian hackers xd"

no

Hmm, didn't work for Germany

Call me when we get a viable alternative to Office and then we'll talk

LibreOffice >>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>> MS Office

no. there's a principle in cryptography that security shouldn't depend on the implementation or the algorithm but rather only on the key. look up "security through obscurity" for more information. the benefits of open source are that everybody is able to audit the code. this, in return, lowers the chance for the software to contain backdoors to almost nil.

Б a c e д P y c к и и

That was like 5 years ago wasn't it? But truly no government should be using Microsoft products. Telemetry and spying from MS aren't exactly new practise now.

>freetards unironically believe this

Germany isn't known for russian hackers

Who's that one guy still working on OpenOffice?

Telemetry can be disabled in enterprise editions tho

Is moscow the only good city in russia?

Ever tried to stop Windows 10 automatically updating? It's not an easy task. They have all sorts of backdoors and scripts to stop you preventing it updating. I'll bet my hat MS have more in the enterprise edition.

Only if they made consumer CPU, that would be good.

St. Petersburg is beautiful, Yalta, Sevastopol are beautiful too.

It seems everything on western russia is wonderful and modern. I've heard nothing but bad stuff like severe poverty for eastern russia.

>t bad stuff like severe povert
>Yalta
>Sevastopol
>russia

too bad the OS still phones home after you have "disabled" the telemetry in enterprise editions

>Yalta
>Sevastopol
>russia
You won't get there through Ukraine anyway.

Remember when a Germany county did this...and then it failed and they went right back to Windows?

The quest is, would they be using system with systemd?

If they make their own Linux distro i will use it as my daily OS.

>(((bloomberg)))
Every time

>tfw to intelligent to use WIndows

>Ever tried to stop Windows 10 automatically updating?
Yes... I disabled the service and it never turned it back on. I do it manually, once per month, for over a year now.

Germans are the greatest people on the world, they're just fucked in the ass geopolitically. The world would be much less of a mess if krauts had more power.

Crimea is ours!

Looks like they're working on it
pcworld.com/article/3040528/computers/this-russian-all-in-one-desktop-is-just-weird-enough-to-be-interesting.html

Based Vova

this tbqhf

>Putin’s internet czar German Klimenko
>internet czar
What did they mean by this?

Putin's internet king, obviously

Do we have internet king in America? Or is it only the Google king?

Reminder that the jews are working hard to get people to turn against slavs. Don't believe their lies.

I'm sure germany will turn around soon. It's waking up to the nose.

>governments
>using anything but Linux

Cred Forums pls

>Wow, We should do what oppressive regime states do!

Linux not even once.

The slavs and russians have fought the jews also. They know about jewish treachery.

underrated

>truecrypt
>open sores

>Reminder that the jews are working hard to get people to turn against slavs
Seems legit, like half of Russian goverment are jews and our international relationships are getting worse.

>have fought
pic related news from a week ago

The calendar problem that caused Zunes to crash on a particular day was due to an open source date library that contained undetected bugs despite the open source community having thousands of eyeballs on the code. Reality is most open source code goes unexamined and that which is examined, isn't examined deeply. Code for the kernel is well examined, much of the other stuff that comes with it gets overlooked.

>Zune
lol

>In addition to the Mossad agents, the Russian report claimed, military officials from the United States, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom and Turkey — virtually every country hated by Iran, Syria and Russia — were killed in the strike, according to “battlefield sources.”
>“battlefield sources.”
>regurgitating russian propaganda that the kikes have already regurgitated
you Cred Forums faggots are a bunch of sheep niggers

Nice try shlomo, but trump will improve relationships with russia and china and Iran and Syria. You big nose manipulators will be gone.

Naive. By refusing sauce from the commercial software will be stolen and share huge amounts of budget money ... After that, bought the experts say that to abandon the commercial software is impossible and everything will return to normal.

Take your two million Syrian rapefugees and go fuck yourself. All Germans must die.

nice argument nigger

Speak human, please.

Keep trying (((user))), but I won't believe your lies. Russia killed more ISIS members in one day than obongo has killed in his presidency.

У мeня хyёвый aнглийcкий. Кaк мoгy, тaк и выpaжaюcь.

>timesofisrael
>russian propaganda
top kek

timesofisrael.com/russia-mossad-other-foreign-agents-killed-in-aleppo-strike/

At least learn russian if you're going to pretend you're made of poutine.

pls go back to >>/sosach/

That guy is the most based ass alpha mofo in the world.

No.

Isn't it kill?

>Will 2017 be the year of linux?

Will 2018 be the year of the monochrome monitor?

e is ye you idiot.

its not basyed. its based

Will 2275 be the year the greatest minds in the world figure out how to make you smart?

It isn't pronounced as ye in бaceд though.

Guys please buy Microsoft (tm) Windows (c) 10 OS, otherwise sir Sundar won't give me Microsoft Store points and my family has to starve. Please do the needful within tomorrow or I will get fired.

Pajeets

B T F O
T
F
O

no, was it for office? is there something that special about it or did they just want what was familiar to them?

I've activated my win10 with some key I found on one of russian trackers and it's been working like that for like half a year. What's the catch?

Fucking awful attempt

(((telemetry)))

>tfw no intelligent enough to know the difference between 'to' and 'too' :'(

>sceptical
MY SIDES!

Speaking from my 2.5 world country, microsoft comes in, puts some money in the pockets of relevant politicians. Voila, we now have a 10 year fuck us in the ass contract. I guess it happens everywhere.

Nobody said you had to be smart to be too intelligent to use wangblows :^)

Link to article?

how many millions do they get for a year on average

MS Paint

>by trolius maximus
user i have bad news

It looks like something from the onion user.

Russia being smart. MS is a gov botnet

shit, got me there :^)

Nothing personal. Those are the people that get promoted in corporations. Do you have problems with that, commie?

While it's a good idea, it will be something with thousands of backdoors because the state spies on its citizens like in every big country.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as the US, is in fact, the jews, or as I've taken to calling it, jews plus US.

The US for instance has a central bank that is privately owned by the jews. The central bank prints money and the US borrows it at interest. The US has to ask the jews for money if it wants to do anything. This is one of the main ways the jews control the US.

Russia's economy is largely based on oil so the jews had the US crash the oil market. Russia is currently hurting but still surviving. The jews want to run an oil pipeline through Syria to bypass Russia and crash their economy... to force them under their control like the US is under their control. Iran, China etc etc all of these people are future targets of the jews and why the US calls them "evil" just like how Germany was supposedly "evil" because Hitler wanted to create a new German economy.

[So it should be no surprise at all that the US and Israel back ISIS in Syria, they have no considerations for what is right or wrong, morality. The jew and it’s owned states are consumed with a blind, satanic thirst for money and control.]

That's very basically where we are, the jew controlled world vs the independent world

>I've heard nothing but bad stuff like severe poverty for eastern russia.

Ever heard of Vladivostok?

Man Putin is not a Saint but he is fucking right on this one

>lowers the chance for the software to contain backdoors to almost nil

say hi to systemd. all that code complexity and encroachment into every possible part of the system that is effectively root.

if the russians are doing it right, they would have their own bsd.

THIS DO NOT VOTE HILLARY AS SHE WILL CONTINUE THE FUCKING WAR.

Systemd has a good track record so far

Trump wants to continue the war too dummy

>Trump wants to continue the war too dummy

[citation needed]

B-but razrabotka means development. Plan is just плaн.

>An interactive tool created by Google was designed to encourage Syrian rebels and help bring down the Assad regime, Hillary Clinton's leaked emails have reportedly revealed.

>By tracking and mapping defections within the Syrian leadership, it was reportedly designed to encourage more people to defect and 'give confidence' to the rebel opposition.

>It was allegedly described as a “pretty cool idea” by senior Clinton adviser Jake Sullivan, and Google said it had enlisted the help of Al Jazeera to broadcast the tool in Syria.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/google-syria-rebels-defection-hillary-clinton-emails-wikileaks-a6946121.html

Damn that Trump, he seems to be guilty of everything Hillary does. Strange that.

In Moscow hospitals have been already set up with computers using Linux a year ago or something.

No he doesn't, he has been saying from day one that he doesn't support the war against Assad because it will further destabilize the middle east

there is a "security czar"

some years ago, microsoft imprisoned a professor in russia for piracy. I guess that that triggered a lot of hate against them

>[...] Jared Cohen, a Clinton advisor until 2010 and now-President of Jigsaw, formerly known as Google Ideas, the company's New York-based policy think tank.

>he believes what the jews put on the talmudvision

embarrassing

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/google-works-closely-with-hillary-clinton-to-promote-presidential-campaign-julian-assange-34780998.html

Is anybody really surprised by this?

Microsoft lost touch with sysadmins and other professionals in a desperate attempt to emulate the iron gated community of Apple while engaging in the obnoxious data mining that Google does. With MS tossing good development practices to the wind in the name of being 'agile' the end result is that Win10 provides the worst of both worlds.

No sensible gov't is going to put up with a bunch of bozos randomly sending updates that constantly break components and reset settings that aren't meant to be changed. Sure you can turn some of the telemetry off, but you can never be sure that an update won't turn it back on. With MS doing away with individual patches and the documentation to go along with it, updates are not giant slabs of mystery meat. This may be fine if you're an end user who doesn't care about some pajeet going through your data, but dogshit if you're actually trying to run a secure network for a government.

The US will probably follow suit unless MS provides a real, hard means to fully lock down machines.

Its cute that you americans think anything will matter which way you vote.

>Ever tried to stop Windows 10 automatically updating? It's not an easy task

>block in windows firewall
or
>disable windows update service
or
>disable automatic updates in group policy

Wow so hard. Don't get me wrong Microsoft is still a dick for removing the toggle in the program itself but you don't even have to resort to third party tools.

>>block in windows firewall
>or
>>disable windows update service
>or
>>disable automatic updates in group policy

If only you knew ...

Moscow has made the correct decision.

kek fuckin pooloo gettin all excited wants source on the article.

Say nyet to botnet.

>turboportal.ru

>germany
>the country in which you go to a programming class and get thaught Microsoft Word.
>mandatory(for the programming class) "Computerführerschein"(lit. translation: Computer driver's license) which are several tests that test your knowledge of microsoft office.
I'm sure microsoft didn't pay the right people for that :^)
And it's certainly not like they would sabotage competitors or breach the law.
it's not like you can get away with breaking the law as a billion dollar company, can you?
catb.org/~esr/halloween/index.html

It's over

MICROPOO IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT
WINKUCKS ARE ON SUICIDE WATCH
POOTELLA BTFO HAHAHAHAHAA

>Telemetry can be disabled

It didn't work because everybody still wanted to use Microsoft office. If instead of teaching exclusively Microsoft Office in school, they had taught one or two other office suites, it would have gone much better, but that won't happen because

The same problem exists for proprietary software, so you don't have a point.

bump

That was before Microshit went full NSA, besides Russia can into software unlike germany.