Can we get a childhood nostalgia thread going, Cred Forums?

Can we get a childhood nostalgia thread going, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tajDxBaPBBM
0x0.st/1jv.webp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>vista
>childhood

you're still on your childhood

>childhood nostalgia is windows vista
You have to be 18 to post on Cred Forums

/thread

Sure
I still remember the time my father let me use his PC for the first time. I couldn't even read, and just typed in random stuff into DOS.

>yfw kids these days will nostalgia over Windows 7

My desktop in 2010 when i was 15 years old compared to my desktop now.

tfw skipped shista and waited for windows 7 back then

>tfw used a computer that wasn't ass so I never understood why everyone hated Vista so much

you got lame

>shitty OS performance is a GOOD thing

Grew up on win 95/98. Still remember my first boner installing windows 2000.

Gay then, gay now.

Does it plug into a printer?

>tfw still using Vista

I remember when my dad left us for his secret other family. My mom tried her best to keep me and my little brother happy but the whole situation was too much for her. Soon after we found out she had cancer.

Anyways, here's a picture of my old Hp computer hahaha what a hunk of shit it was

Nah, niggas got nothin' to print.

Why the fuck do you use a second dock? Windows taskbar is by itself a dock since Windows 7, so what gives?

Might be the only one who remembers this...

YOOOOOOOOOOOO LOL

The taskbar is for active applications, the dock is for easy access to important apps.

I remember that one lool

What is pin to taskbar?

Windows Vista is 10 years old m8s

what is not wanting your taskbar cluttered with shit where you can accidentally open apps you don't want to open. Also my dock is always hidden until i move my cursor to the top of the screen. Its the cleanest set up.

tfw I was in college when it came out

That dock guy is literally retarded. judginh by his osx wallpaper he is confirmed faggot

a waste of space

Do you still have contact with your dad? Is your mom still alive?

Had almost forgotten about this

Vista performs better on recent hardware than XP. You do realise everything newer than Vista is basicly just a Vista reskin right?

I didn't know people were actually this clumsy. You'll be in my prayers.

why would you still have pivot l o l

>accidentally open apps
How often does that happen?

>cluttered taskbar
Even on a busy day, when I've got way too many apps open - folders, graphical editors, reference pics, etc. this has never been an issue. Especially if you use small taskbar icons.

On one hand you apparently care about efficient use of space and then you clutter your desktop with two taskbars and pointless rainmeter shit.. Go figure...

He is retarded regardless of the wallpaper, see above.

Remember the times you could just hit the power button without this crap? Good times.

nevar forget

>having a dock
>remotely clean setup

Windows 7 was phased out too quick.
Not like XP.

Quite often, actually. Try pinning all 15-20 applications you use to your taskbar. It's a mess, and you can't easily tell whether something is open or not. It's the same problem OS X or Unity has, a separate dock is a much better setup. You can just set it to automatically hide and reappear when you move your cursor to the edge of your screen.

ok

blue underline = running
ez

Do you have Parkinson's or something? Because its really not fucking hard to drag your mouse to where it needs to go.

There is no reason not to dock your stuff in windows on the taskbar.

Then

Imagine having a ton of files, folders and programs open, and imagine having access to all of them in a single click without having to click for sub-menus or grouped folders, the only thing present on the taskbar are the things you need to get your current job done and no space is wasted on shit you don't need right now, that shit is stuffed into the start menu or a dock

It is in every way a better method of getting shit done, but it's not like you'd think of that since you probably don't have a job

>op's childhood
>vista

I saw my dad and his family about a year ago at Universal studios he didn't see me I didn't try to talk to him other than that no contact. My mom died 4 years ago, cancer won.

now

Find out on the next exciting episode of dragon Ball z!

Where have I seen that picture before?

18 year olds where 8 when Vista came out you old fart. How does it feel like knowing you are that much closer to the sweet embrace of death?

Yeah, a 2 pixel high blue outline that may not even be visible from the angle you're looking from. It also doesn't account for instances when things open 3-4 separate windows with different icons, and shit gets shuffled around. You also can't tell what the title of a minimized window is without enabling "never combine", which adds a completely new layer of bullshit that moves your icons around so you can't easily find the thing you want. Or tell how many applications you have open without going down the list and individually counting each one of them. Separating the dock and the taskbar allows you to use either for their dedicated purpose, managing active windows vs opening new ones.

Do you still have the machine or even just the case? Looks like it would make a good sleeper build, just old enough to be sleeper but not so old it looks like total shit.

I started with Karmic in 9.10
I still remember that somewhat shitty wallpaper and theme pretty clearly, but I was so overtaken by how much cool shit I could do with Gnome2 and Linux that I didn't give a shit that my eyes were about to bleed.

>15-20 pinned

Why would anyone do this? Just pin what you use the MOST often and then put the rest in the start menu. Windows 10, for all it's faults, makes it piss easy to keep dozens of programs very easy to access quickly

Fuck

That picture you used for comparison is very unfair because that's entirely different setup. Yes, it looks cluttered. But that is not how running programs are handled by default since Windows 7.

Take a look at attached picture. At the bottom is my taskbar I've snapped just now. Few other programs are open on 2nd screen so they don't show up, but you get the idea.

You could save even more space by using smaller icons, which Windows taskbar lets you.

If you honestly can't tell what is open and what's not, then you really are retarded.

Do you even Computer?

some people use more than their browser, spotify and itunes daily

>Try pinning all 15-20 applications you use to your taskbar
Try learning how to computer

best way to launch programs shown here anyway

To add - notice how multiple of the same windows group together - MS Paint has multiple windows open. I can open thousands of files and they'd be grouped as so.

Opening multiple files, multiple programs is absolutely not a problem.

Thanks for proving my point, everything is hidden in submenus and where it will take me 5 clicks to reach the folders and files i need to shove into photoshop it will take you 10 clicks and twice the time to move the mouse around
At the end of the day when it all stacks up it can be a good 15 mins wasted purely on navigation

1. Click Photoshop
2. Ctrl+O
3. Open your files

How hard can it be?

how does a dock improve window finding time?
It's literally the same thing as the superbar in Windows.

No, it's actually even worse, because it's not native in the system and certain things might not behave as part of the system - for example Drag-n-dropping and shit like that....

Explain to me how in the fuck this looks like an efficient and organized workspace in which you can clearly discern what is and isn't open.

what's wrong with using built in features, dockfags? You can find your windows easily
Get a non-poorfag monitor (yes I realize my current setup is a 1080p TV but I got a 4k laptop as well)

How about stop using labels.

Labels look like garbage.

alt-tab and win-tab also exist btw.

>4k laptop
Full retard

RIP your mum. Do you have any other family these days? What do you have going in life?

nah it looks really nice. It's not retarded at all. I do scale to 150% which gives me 1440p effective work area but with the added bonus of text being very readable and gorgeous

Yeah man, FUCK being able to tell what the title of an open window is at a glance, who needs that. I'm guessing you're also the type of person who uses their desktop as a digital picture frame with all of the icons hidden.

4k on a battery powered device is retarded regardless of how nice it looks.

dockfags in charge of window management
You actually use the root window? That's a waste of a click to minimize everything and another waste to bring it all back LOL

Test

I don't use it on battery, it's my main computer I use in bed. Just moved my desktop to my bed too but it's not nearly as comfy to use

>has a laptop
>never leaves the house with it
Only on Cred Forums would I not be surprised.

When I leave the house most computing can be done on my mobile phone (1440p screen)

>QHD on a fucking phone
You're just full of bad choices, aren't you?

>Why would anyone do this?
Because they use 15-20 applications regularly? I can understand your reasoning if all you use is a web and a file browser, but some people might want to do actual work on their computers, as outrageous as that sounds. Also, if you're just going to use a separate method of launching most of your applications anyways, why bother with pinning shit? Chances are the applications you'd want pinned are already OPEN, and the ones you'd need to access side by side would be less common ones that you'd put into a start menu. At which point you are literally just using a dock, that happens to be activated by clicking a corner of your screen or pressing a button. And no, typing into your start menu is not faster than hovering over to an icon and clicking it.

text looks good on it though

What?

Using Win2K until 2004 then XP until 7. Then various Linux distros

see It's a fucking phone and you're fucking dumb

See the rest of the post you just dismissed. Typing into your start menu is not as reliable or efficient as having a dock.

Typing them into the startbar is definitely faster. You literally cannot deny this (watch, you'll try to anyway)

>It's a fucking phone and you're fucking dumb
spot the iTurd user

Has to be bait.
No one who "actively" uses photoshop, illustrator would have such shit taste.

You're using the default rain-meter skin for fucks sake. You're also using the large version of the task bar. Why?
Why the fuck would you shoot yourself in the foot?

I sure will: no it isn't. You also can't do it as easily with one hand.

I've never had an iPhone in my life. I can say that you're retarded for having a >HD screen on your phone.

My nigga

any german anons lurking?

But that's wrong, you fucking retard. Two or three keystrokes is undeniably faster than moving your hand to the mouse, moving the cursor to the correct application, and clicking it.
>You also can't do it as easily with one hand.
I have full use of both my arms, I couldn't care less what some crippled shitbag needs to make his computer functional.

pathetic

Yeah, I'm done trying to argue with you.

Good, now I don't have to worry about another one of your posts killing even more of my brain cells.

Czech, that's close enough innit?

Atari 800XL (then 65XE which was basically the same machine anyway), ton of cassettes full of pirated games, manually tweaking the recorder's head with a tiny screwdriver and breaking joysticks on a regular basis.

I don't game but I totally would if today's multi-million-dollar games could give me even a fraction of the fun I had back in the day on those 8-bit motherfuckers.

HOLY SHIT!
I didn't even remember playing that game, but now looking at the picture I remember it was so cool

Why? It looks nice and doesn't hurt my eyes

This.

Kills your battery. It's a fucking phone, you do not need a QHD display.

Point still stands.

I put an 8500 mAh battery in it, I charge once every 3 or 4 days usually. Had over 20 hours SoT with 40 percent battery left once (was testing how long it could go and I just left the screen on and didn't use it)

>I charge once every 3 or 4 days usually.
I accomplish that with a 2.1Ah battery.

>Windows 7
>Phased out too quick
it's still used by millions of businesses

Like I give a fuck mate, the battery life on a phone only needs to be enough to get through one day anyway

And?
Its still nothing like the level XP achieved over a decade.

>lol I don't need it anyway
Sure thing

What? 7 is supported until 2020, when it will most likely receive extended support like XP did.

The only argument I'm arguing is that 1440p is fine for a phone. I literally don't give a fuck about the battery on your phone, mate

And I'm saying that's wrong because it's entirely unnecessary and you could be getting much better battery life.

but I only need enough battery to get through a single day. I guess if your use case was camping or living in 3rd world where electricity is scarce it could be important to last longer, but that's not my situation

U think u on reddit or some shit?

My use case is having to charge my phone as little as possible because anything else is retarded

cool, do you turn off all the features and shit too?
One cool tip people don't usually know about is that if you turn it all the way off you have to charge almost never

xDDD ur so funny user

>text looks good
What is e-ink

Windows XP Vista and 7 is what you get when artists design an OS. Windows 8 and 10 is what you get when pajeet tries to design an OS.

This image is proof linux has gotten worse since 2004.

suse 9.2 was the best distro ever released

>Windows 8 and 10 is what you get when pajeet tries to design an OS.
8 was literally designed in power point in a hurry.

At least we have Fuchisia to look forward to, Eventually Linux will be sent back to the dark sever room where it belongs.

Nobody who is sane uses more than like 10 of the same applications EVERY day.
But regardless, pinning that many apps to any dock will make it cluttered as fuck. If someone is pinning dozens of programs like a madman is worried about clicking on the wrong thing, having a separate dock won't really help much.

Nobody in their right mind consistently uses 20 active applications on a daily basis, unless their life is a fucking mess. How many jobs do people need to work these days? I could see 5, or even 10, if your job entails A LOT of different daily responsibilities. But that is one fucking complicated workflow my man. There must be a way to simplify that down.

> if you're just going to use a separate method of launching most of your applications anyways, why bother with pinning shit?

Stuff that is almost guaranteed to be used daily = pinned
Stuff that is used every few days or maybe weekly = hidden in start menu.
And if someone uses only a few programs daily, they can add weekly stuff to the dock. Simple as fuck.

>At which point you are literally just using a dock, that happens to be activated by clicking a corner of your screen or pressing a button

That would be using one dock (super bar) and one application launch menu (start). Pretty simple, and doesn't require a separate program wasting cpu cycles and ram that saves very little time and effort.

And the person who uses their superdock as a window list, because "submenus are complicated"... I refuse to believe this person isn't 55. I haven't seen anyone actually to use a computer this way since Windows 7 was being launched.

>childhood nostalgia

Sorry. I don't have any screenshots of DOS 3.x running on a 286 CPU.

>At least we have Fuchisia to look forward to
NSA will like it.

So are you.

Got you all beat

It's open sores too so it will be hard to hide anything in it.

because your parents hated you and gave you a laptop with no screen?

This is how it worked. You needed to use a regular TV. >

I seen a good demo the other day of Dragons Lair on the ZX81.

There's a video on jewtube, it's really quite impressive.

>heartbleed
>stagefright
>shellshock
>DROWN to an extent (openssl is even more vulnerable)

Yeah, open source is so secure.

One can only hope. If I was MS I'd bring back mainstream support for businesses.

>bugs = backdoors
You're retarded.

1K of RAM. 8 bit computing. No hard drive. No screen. You had to save everything to cassette tape or else you lost it all. You had to mess with the volume and tone of the cassette or else it didn't work.
That's how things were then.

I loved my MD player, until the headphone jack got fucked up. I've been thinking about buying another one, just for the hell of it.

Heartbleed was a blatant backdoor that nobody noticed or cared about for years on end.

The best game you could buy for it - 3D monster maze. It was revolutionary when it came out.

Sure thing bud

I had one before I upgraded to the 48K.

That was the spectrum. It was so cool. I wanted one but ended up with an Acorn Electron.

I remember when our high school got one of those. Literally, one of them. The AT ("Academically Talented") class (~35 students) had to share it. Fights broke out over who would crawl a simple wire-frame dungeon with text descriptions of what you were doing and seeing; all monochrome and different items and monsters were represented by wire-frame boxes and pyramids of slightly different proportions.

XTRA ESP GUIS!

My first pc had vista.
I used msn, skype, ie. I played flash games on some malware infested site. I had to formatt the drive once a year cause Kaspersky didn't work well enough.
Man, I have no nostalgia at all.

>Global rule 2 : You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

By the time I got to high school, there were 3 - BBC Model B's. The computer science teacher guarded them like a rottweiler.

this

also spotlight on macs for the same reason

I turned 18 a few months ago, sorry user

Then you're a newfag and should be lurking for at least a year and a half longer before posting

Who's to say he didn't start lurking well before he was 18? Hell I've been here since I was 15

>admitting to breaking the rules
go back to lurking, edgelord

But he's not breaking the rules now, is he?

no, I don't think so

So he can continue shitposting like the rest of us

Shitposting IS against the rules though
Definitely not something I'd risk doing :O

>implying there's anything wrong with talking about breaking the rules half a decade ago
>implying talking about when I started visiting this site makes me an edgelord
Yeah and I'm the one that needs to lurk more

seriously? my first OS was XP and I'm 18.

If his family got their first computer when Vista was around it makes sense that his first OS would be Vista

yeah, but that's extremely unlikely. almost everyone had a computer by 2000.
actually, the common household is probably less likely to have a computer in 2016 than in 2006.

>almost everyone had a computer by 2000.
And it's entirely possible that he was a member of one of the families that didn't.

These things are awesome, the game runs on the LCD controller

Does anybody remember this image editing program that ran on Windows 98; it was fullscreen with a alien/fantasy style dashboard interface and you started with a psychedelic landscape and could drag wizards, ufos and effects onto the base image. Everytime you dragged an element it made weird psychedelic and ambient sounds. I can't find anything about it and I'm starting to doubt my memory of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=tajDxBaPBBM definitely this

y-you'll be always in my heart, zune

i used to masturbate on video of "benny benassi satisfaction", "britney spearse slave" and shit like that, "50 cent pimp(without censure video)".
That is my childhood, you dirty faggot.

my battle station, circa-2004

AMD 2400+
512 megs of ram
9500pro

laptop was a IBM T23
P3 1.12ghz
512 megs of ram
I think it was 120gb of hard drive space

btw, i didnt have internet in that time, so i had those videos saved on my hdd.
D:/music-videos

>when I think of childhood OS, I think of Windows 98
>modern Cred Forums thinks of Vista

>DarkDemon.org
Jesus, that takes me back to my Pivot days.

not op, but for those interested about wallpaper

Go fuck yourself I bring up that story any time any where you dumb faggot

I used to think I was an oldfag in 2010, now I just wanna die.

>all these gullible retards taking the bait

You both have to be 18 to post on Cred Forums.

loved that fucking distro, i wish they could kept ubuntu that simple and clean.

:stophats:

My childhood nostalgia is picking up Linux CD's from marketpro computer swaps. I believe this was my second Linux install after starting with Slackware in 94

I still have the CD for that game.

If you still have it, have a couple unreleased easter eggs that I don't think have been posted anywhere ever:
Enter the map screen, press ctrl+A, type astersnoids, click Stone Rise.
Do the same but type snoid zapper and click on Fleens!.

Still playing daily bro (shame about all fucking BR's though).

Childhood PC games:

>Solitaire
>Minesweeper
>Solitaire
>Minesweeper
>Solitaire
>Minesweeper
>Solitaire
>Minesweeper

>ThinkPad
>ViewSonic CRT

looks like my battle station circa now

that keyboard placement is retarded

Fuck I loved these. The maze too.

I know this isn't Cred Forums, but anyone else used to play this?

>Flaming
>AOL

Social media has evolved but people haven't.

>The PlayStation will be as popular as the Lynx
Kek, shit like this is great to look back on.

>shut the hell up,bunghole!
Bet that guy ended up on Cred Forums.

mfw these still work perfectly on Win10 x64

I remember playing runescape on a xp machine desu
t. Born in '98

>My desktop 10 years ago

TFW I leveled a cleric when it was nearly fucking impossible to level up in that shit.

Sir we gotta talk about the number of programs you use at once. What on fucking earth are you doing that warrants more than 7-8 decent programs that NEED to stay up concurrently?
Also, don't pin fuck all or have a dock. Just push the start button and type in the program you need. It's quicker, neater and 1000x easier.

weirdly similar to zankyou no terror's rooftop.

Wtf?

>Mario and Leisure Suit Larry: Land of the Lounge Lizards on 5 1/4"
>Just that because no internet back then

No it doesn't.
It means there are people in their 20s that grew up with Vista.

thread over, we have a winner

Not him, but in my country, almost nobody used Vista. The majority used XP until 2010/2011, and were satisfied with it.

This being said, I'm using XP to this day, it works pretty darn well.

I know dis.

Best time of my life.

you are the reason linux fags think windows looks shit

Had that same mouse and keyboard. Using a wheel for the sound volume and the scroll wheel on the keyboard were genius design choices. Too bad they don't make it anymore and the extra keys don't work in Windows 7.

You were the other side of my floppies.

>Knights of the Old Republic
>JK:JA

Mah Nigga

That one kid that stole balls out of the mice in computer class and thought he was hot shit.

I know there's at least one of you faggots in here.

>Anime posting
>Runescape
>Born in 98
>desu

Like pottery.

>Windows Vista is 10 years old m8s

2006 still feels like maybe a couple years ago

please stop posting that racist frog thank you ^^

fuck off

LEISURE SUIT LARRY holy fuck I forgot about that game

I remember playing the shit out of Larry 1, 3, 5 and 6.

the games which defined the mid-90s for me were
>monkey island 1 and 2
>indiana jones and the fate of atlantis
>wing commander 3
>warcraft 2

Fuck if you feel old with Vista, then I'm fucked cause I remember the old Commodore 64 days.

Okay. This is what comes into my mind when thinking of my childhood. Used it on a Toshiba Sattelite Pro 420CDT.

>did this and dad went full nuclear because he thought I fucked something up big time
>his face when I showed him it was a simple setting

The next day I was greeted by a rainbow-colored pukefest. It was such a glorious mess that we decided to keep it like that forever.

>vista
>childhood

Different user, can confirm.
Everyone hated the shit out of Vista, and I still know people that are using XP to this day.

Windows XP

Yes, that's the actual size of my screenshot because sharing my actual desktop on 56 Kbps dial-up internet was a pain.

Good

>this fucking piece of shit was considered SpyWare just for collecting user information and was called the "Scourge of the Internet"
>now this is completely normal

FUCK

Recently I dug out very old floppies and found this gif, it's from 1993.

mmmmm, cindy

It was hard being a weeb back in the mid-90s.

Just Pajeet things...

they literally bundle bonzibuddy with win10

the end is now

>Vista skin
>56kbps dial up
Didn't we already have ISDN by that time?

>ISDN
eurofag detected

The first world generally had consumer-affordable DSL by 2002.

Okay, I'll bite. I get all fuzzy and nostalgic when I see skeuomorphic designs. I'm still using mostly themes and UIs from the later 2000's just because they feel so out-of-the-way yet so bold and fancy. Look at the skins for XMPlay and you'll see what I mean. I fucking miss every button not having huge padding all over it, encapsulated by a candy-colored rounded rectangle.

Maybe because I don't live in the US nor Europe.

>childhood
>Vista
Get out, kid.

>Vista
>childhood
you need to be 18+ to make posts on this board

>being this easy to bait

Yeah 18, not 25.

This but with "Tetrahedron" and resolution set to 0 was my go-to screensaver for ages.

I played alot of cs 1.6 this year, what is your alias I have probably played with you on FEW or Disturbia.

I want the SKP file, do you have it too?

True but Vista it's self was a fucking sunk ship before it set sail. Not even windows ME gave me as many issues as that did. Literally BSOD central.

Yooo the memories on this one. Thanks user I remember I crashed my XP by trying to torrent porn and I didn't have my disc so I I still hardy heron. I was not disappointed to say the least. Good fucking times

>childhood nostalgia
>Vista

Reported.

I don't know about you guys but I personally never had any problems with Windows Me.

also lmao @ everyone getting buttblasted at OP feeling nostalgic over Windows Vista.

>spaghetti-speak

Seriously

double dragon msdos 2.3
also lotus is a fucking bitch
and those days where GOTO was still the shit

>childhood
>Vista

You mean Windows 95

Well shit, mine atleast taught how to start up the games he had installed on dos.

Dial up.

What do these do?

Source?

Oh God damn what I'd this called

>Pivot
my nignog

I started using Vista as my primary OS @ beta 2 build 5456. Worked great as long as you didn't try to run it on a old p4 with 512 mb ram. Worked great on my Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.2 ghz and 1.5gb ram.

Most of the BSODs were caused by Nvidia's drivers.

Oh shit, feels like 3 years or so

I still have my Encarta disk from 2001. It installed with zero problems under Windows 10. Kinda want to see what will happen under Wine.

screenshot plox!

Spotted the millennial.

just pin shit and have the taskbar hide at the top nigga

>implying you're not a millennial

i remember when i was a kid using windows me to play quake 1

Born in 1981 famicom.

Hits right in the feels. I remember this making me so scared with my XP, because sometimes the "Restore my Active Desktop" wouldn't work.

>you can't easily tell whether something is open or not
It's like you haven't even used Windows 7

I booted into Windows 10 for this, be greatful.

No thanks, useless liberal POS.

>Data Becker
>Sybex
>TopWare

Was für schöne Erinnerungen...

Wow
I really want to try that
Thank you very much

Also
you got your answer

I know this isn't Cred Forums but this was the shit back in the good ol days. Simpler times.

>childhood
>Vista
user you're still a child.

>Halo
>Simpler times

Not quite, but close...

Anyone used these?

A bit surprised I'm the only one, this plus kidpix was the shit

This might please your eye if you want simpler.

Because I was a kid and wasn't aware of anything at that time, but maybe if you were older the times were probably much harsher. Still, I have the game downloaded on all my computers and I replay it once every year. It's nice to keep in touch with the past.

Quick story time Cred Forums
>be 11
>have b-day
>invite buds from cul de sac. waiting for them to show up. Mom in kitchen prepping snacks.
>planning to show them my newly formatted PC. (Dad gave it to some techs to install a bunch of games to it. Have old memes like Punisher, Serious sam 2, Age of Empires 2 etc.)
>I see an additional folder in the games folder.
>"pics"
>Didn't have a clue of english back then so i just open it
>mfw countless pics of topless grills
>autism at the time called me "hey bro, you know what real badassery would be? to put one of those pics on desktop and show off how much you've grown"
>pick out a pic with a naked girl holding a gun with 2 hunting doggos beside her
>proud of myself
>mom suddenly comes into room, spots me leaning on the chair with a big smirk on my face whilst looking at my monitor that has a pair of coffee-coloured nipples.
>she flips shit. yells at me. asks me what this is
>i still hadn't realised what was in the wrong here.
>"just changing my background mom, friends are coming i want to show off"
>"SHOW OFF WHAT?"
>no idea why she's this mad
>"when uncle was visiting last night he told dad that what truly being a man is not being ashamed of talking about tits."
>"WHAT?"
>door bell rings. friends have arrived. awaiting access
>mom is furious, doesn't let down "WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?"
>"i found a folder in my games"
>unplugs the computer's monitor
>YOU WILL HAVE YOUR BIRTHDAY AT THE LIVING ROOM. NO COMPUTERS FOR A WEEK.
>mfw couldn't show off the boobs to my friends
>mfw all plans ruined
>mfw tech guy gave me a supply of boobs but they were deleted the other day

I remember how on the following day mom had a very vocal talk with dad about the formatting thing. I just saw dad how he was literally crying from laughing that much from what had happened and mom's outburst and continuous rage.

At least the nostalgia will be focused on Microsoft's last good OS. Just think, in a few short years, kids will think Windows 10 is the only operating system ever to exist on this planet.

Damn, that takes me back. These fuckers were the shit back when I was a kid.

>mum would never buy me one
>would just tell teachers the second I saw one in class at school out of jealousy
>got them banned from school outright
>got to the point where it was such a pandemic at school that the school sent out a letter to every family in the school that tamagotchi's would be destroyed if confiscated
>still told teachers whenever I saw them, even if it was just on the way to school
I wish I still had the energy to be that spiteful

Your dad sounds based.

When I was 7 years old or so and living in the U.S. with my parents (we are German), I printed out pictures of topless women and took them to school. The teachers went completely nuts, had me suspended for 2 weeks, called my parents etc.

My mother looks at the picture and asks “What's supposed to be wrong with them? They're just topless”. Cue stunned ameriprudes.

We don't understand it to this day. How can americans flip their shit about something as natural as breastfeeding in public? Meanwhile in some parts of europe it's even normal to e.g. be naked in the saunsa together with your friends or siblings, whereas in 'murka they try to put bikinis on toddlers

>Vista.
>Nostalgia.

ya, seriously

>greentext
>periods

I honestly thought that was a deus ex screenshot at first

waifu2x

We didn't have internet or a proper xp computer till I was probably about 12 in 2002. Until then, we had my mom's old Mac II. I spent hours playing stunt copter, man.

Shit even had the sweet external second floppy drive for a literal floppy of extra RAM so it would boot somewhat quickly. Yes, mechanical Apple keyboard too.

It was sold at a garage sale because we didn't know its worth

>warp2x

i know
i'm sorry

shit taste is truly something you are stuck with for life

It's been a long time

Both are atrocious

My desktop at 16 vs my desktop now

[Full-size is only visible to .webp users to protect Cred Forums's bandwidth]
0x0.st/1jv.webp

>to protect Cred Forums's bandwidth
>isn't even on Cred Forums
You're not very bright, are you?

Even better for Cred Forums's bandwidth!

>Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends; demographers and researchers typically use starting birth years ranging from the late 1970s to early 1980s and ending birth years ranging from the mid-1990s to early 2000s.

You're a millennial.

user, you dont need filters at all for that image.
Less shitty blur filters.

I still use my Palm Pro every day, it's in my pocket right now.