BLUE WHERE?!

Overpriced garbage.

>Androjeets will defend this

no, we won't, because we actually have other options for android phones
unlike iphone users

>literally the android iphone

I WAS PROMISED BRIGHT BLUE

BRIGHT BLUE

If you buy anything other than a high end device you'll receive an 800x480 laggy piece of shit which will be unusable after 6 months. The choice in Android high end isn't spectacular either.

What the fuck is that weird, out-of-place glass at the top? What's the point of that except making the phone look ugly?

>800x480
>2016
this is how dumb ifags are

There are a lot of good chink phones to choose from, with very good specs

Sauce on this image?

Look at the bottom left.

To allow signals out of the aluminum body.

My keyboard doesn't have the ability to type in ching chong slav characters.

>There are a lot of good chink phones to choose from
>good chink phones
>good
>chink
>phones

You dumb autists will fall for anything including high numbers.

Looks like shit. HTC used to make such good looking phones like the HD2 and M8. Now they just spend their time trying to rip off apple designs. Time to bury this shit brand.

what the fuck is that circle for again?

oh, let me guess, it was meant to be """stylish & artistic"""

It's a fingerprint reader...

finger print memer

YOU FUCKING IDIOTS WHINING ABOUT "WHERE MUH BLUE AT"...

THESE ARE JUST RENDERS. FUCKING LOOK THE SHIT UP. THE "ARTISTS INTERPRETATION" WAS TO MAKE PIXELS THAT MATCHED CURRENT COLOR OPTIONS OF NEXUSES

ALL CAPS SO YOU PAY ATTENTION

ON THE BACK OF THE PHONE!?

fucking kek, oustanding, straight up top meme

There have been a lot of phones with a fingerprint reader on the back. The consensus seems to be that it's a good location. I've personally never used a fingerprint reader.

ITT: Cancer

BLUE

>If you buy anything other than a high end device you'll receive an 800x480 laggy piece of shit which will be unusable after 6 months

Seems like you haven't looked at the world of android smartphones in years. Now for under $200 you can get buy android phones that have large 1080p screens, fingerprint readers, mid-end snapdragons that are powerful enough for any non-gaming tasks, and have good battery life.

it's just not as good as the iphone. I'm sorry.

fuck

as an occasional android developer, I wanted to buy a pure android device thats not a meme(samsung,lg etc).I hoped for a new Nexus device but instead they developed this fucking failure of phone.

>Reviewing a phone he hasn't used.

it just doesn't look right.

Looks like shit.

Looks like silver and white or black and black will be the best color combos so the glass doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

I wish there were some more colorful options like idk.. Maybe a bright blue or something.

Fucking ugly!

Yea I agree it isn't a good looking phone in all these renders. When I see it in person I might like it.

Ugly.

black on black and black on greey looks good desu

sometimes when you strive too far to be different, the result is so outlandish and jarring that it has lost all sense of logic and aesthetic, all for the purpose of just being different
it's like the death grips of phone design

>650 dollars for this ugliness

better buy an iphone tbqh

i thought that was a laptop? chrome pixel?

did their names guy already die? that was like 2 years. much worse than caner job. he did it for like 10

ohhh sh*t. google was a mistake.

>20:20:00
>20:19:59

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

that's pretty bad cancer, i hope you can recover

>tfw the white/black "stormtrooper" color on the left will never be sold

It's the best looking one. Fuck Google.

does it come with botnet pre-installed tho?

clit phone?

Except less water resistant and a weaker chipset

fuck Google to be honest

>$150
Just an example...

will the babes dig it? because when I pull my iphone out I have bitching just drooling and waiting to jump on my stick if you know what I mean

Google is now making a line of "Pixel" branded devices that are produced by google themselves. There's going to also be a chromebook pixel 3 that's rumored to run andromeda OS next year.

wow, i thought that was just a lie fabricated by robot crossboarders. brb getting iphone

That's a wewzer right there. I admire your autism for noticing this. Who the fuck else reads post times?

fuck that gold and black, gold and white looks cleaner, even the silver and black looks like shit, and the sliver and white needs silver to be under the glass, as then it'd look clean, but the black looks alright.

>because when I pull my iphone out I have bitching just drooling and waiting to jump on my stick

Yeah this only works in literal 3rd world countries. Isn't quite the same when 70% of the people you see have an iPhone like any developed nation.

I noticed it completely by accident; I felt like something was off and there it was.

Fucking love the black one.

just quit being pussies and buy an iPhone. just thrust me, once you go Apple you never go back. and it's not a "gay phone" anymore.

well that's true but hey if you wanna get laid you gotta what you gotta do bro

>looks like ishit except uglier with no sense of simple design elements minus whatever was poorly copied
>priced like the ishit
>meme vaporfeatures are likely to be the main selling point
The smartshit market went stale years ago. Nexus 5 was the last good phone from this line. Android has gotten big enough to the point where Google doesn't care about subsidizing a dev phone to promote its use.

Google wants to consolidate and optimize Android under one hardware line much like Apple.

I'm gonna get a 6p for $250 this Black Friday.

that's pretty close to the resolution of the ishit7 actually

Of course you do, you cuck.

Very interesting.. Bezels dont look as big here

android phones haven't had that res since 2011 with the GS2, shit even the HTC sensation from back then had a 540x960 screen.

the lack of shame with Android hardware is disgusting

instead of trying to create something original and good looking they just do a lazy copy and paste of whatever the current ishit is.

>you now realize other manufacturers are at least 15 years behind Apple in terms of a product lineup
>its taken this long for everyone else to see that the best thing is having your own complete ecosystem running custom hardware with custom software along with high continuity

> just do a lazy copy and paste of whatever the current ishit is

kek

past 3 generations of iphones have been copies of HTC devices.

hello i'm here for the blue

sez who?

>>its taken this long for everyone else to see that the best thing is having your own complete ecosystem running
No
The only reason Android made it as the most widely used OS in the world was because it was a patchwork that could be dumped on a large amount of OEMs

hardware-software integration is a high quality low manufacturer/maintenance cost strategy for companies but it doesn't scale well at all so there was plenty of room for Android to be dumped on garbage hardware and sold for cheap.

If Android started off with a locked down tight software-hardware model like iOS it would have never made it anywhere.

when there isn't a bright blue

Because you don't capitalize and use question marks.

And so do most people who buy flagships

>Once you suck a cock you'll never stop sucking cocks
>Sucking cock isn't gay trust me

Ok buddy

Well, you used "and" when you should have used "or".

Do not trust this dipshit

Didn't Android Police rumor there would be a bright blue one?

i prefer it on the front

Considering that this phone has massive bezels you'd think they'd just put it on the front and go full iPhone.

or capacitive buttons or literally anything

>no MicroSD slot

the phone can fly ?

>fingerprint scanner on the back

>$650

DOA

>Dream Phone

- S4 body dimensions
- Everything else from an S7
- Case pic related

I agree. Unique good looking Android devices are in the extreme minority.

sadly true

Wish there was an Xperia Nexus but that will never happen

Also, the use of quotes is really stupid in that ad. BB is done.

>camera completely flush with the rest of the back
Now THAT'S a good-looking phone. Steve Jobs would never have let the iPhone 7 happen.

Except for Galaxy J1, which gotta be the shittiest goddamn phone that has ever existed.
Somehow they made a phone worse than Galaxy s2, in 2015.

It wants to be an iPhone so bad

Galaxy S2 was the flagship of 2011
Galaxy J1 is a throwaway poorfag phone

Yup Jobs may have been a complete prick but I respected his eye for detail. This would never have flown if he was still around. Apple needs Scott Forstall back but I can't see that happening any time soon.

there's a lot of decisions being made at apple today jobs would never have allowed

god what a fucking fall from grace

I really hope that this phone isn't cancer because I am a huge Nexus fan.

there is no Nexus anymore

How can you be a Nexus fan when Google discontinues the Nexus line for the abomination known as Pixel?

Hope my Nexus 6P will still be supported in a few years...

I only bought it several months ago

>800x480
aka Retinaâ„¢ Display.

this is the shit thing about not buying the current model

the N5 got dropped from 7.0

Does google officially drop sec updates for older models?

>rumors have it running flagship specs and priced at the same level as LG's and samsung's flagships
>IT'S OVER, GOOGLE'S FINISHED, LOOKS LIKE SHIT
am I missing something?
it's been like this since the n6

Got Nexus 6 and no Nougat, so.. Yeah. That's a two year old phone without an update.

Well I use the term Nexus to just mean a phone that runs stock Android and gets updates direct from Google, which is what the Pixel will be. I only hope that it's worth buying.

People thought the Nexus 6 was a one off since the 6P and 5X were sort of a return to form. They weren't cheap but they were flagship specs for a lower price.

wtf, this is real? I mean why is he going Antonio Banderas in Assassins?

holy shit, I didn't know they were starting the Samsung treatment on the Nexus line

I guess we can officially declare that the days of long support and subsidized dev phones is over.

The Nexus 6 pretty much fell of the face of the earth.

Calling bullshit.

I've been using Android literally since day 1, I preordered the HTC Dream. Since then I've had high end flagship phones, and low end "emerging market" phones, and more often than not it's the cheaper phones that stay lag free where the flagship phones lag almost right out of the box. If you get Android phones that run JUST Android and no oem bullshit ux, then it'll be a much more pleasant experience.

Right now I'm using a moto G 4th gen play side by side with a brand new fresh out of the box LG G4. The moto is two weeks old and in general tasks like opening apps and posting on Cred Forums, the moto fucking blows the LG away. Now, in GPU intensive tasks like mobile games, the LG will wreck the moto, but that's to be expected.

The gPhone 6+ looks pretty innovative guys

>tfw posting from that exact phone right now and loving the fuck out of it

I hate lagdroids, it's painfull.

>Nexus 6 and no Nougat

>didn't enroll in the beta
anyways moto aint pushing an official update since they pretty much died when they got bought out by lenovo

Yeah no joke man. Quickly forgotten phone. It makes me sad because I do like it, I've got big enough hands to handle it. But without update support it's kind of rip.

I swear the Nexus 6 still catches people's eye daily. They make comments on it's size and aesthetics. Senpaiiii

You're gonna have to shill better than that, Pajeet.

>$650
"no"

Man, those look like shit. Literally iPhone clones with that awful GEE. I'm glad I got a 5X.

I always have high hopes for Motorola and they never fail to shit them up

Anyone who thinks that the phone you use somehow has an effect on your ability to get laid is a virgin. Period. I know this is trolling but I really wish we could stop with this nonsense.

Maybe no Android flagships have had that resoljution since 2011, but there are plenty of crap phones with 800x480 screens, believe me.

Blackberry could have been such a powerhouse on the Android scene if they had read the fucking writing on the wall even two years ago. This looks fantastic. And I would go out to buy a Priv right now if there weren't so much uncertainty over future support.

>implying beta software counts as stable software
>implying the beta doesn't rape the already weak battery in the Nexus 6
Only autsists like Cred Forums users even know the beta exists fag. Beta software is no substitute for a stable, OTA update from Google especially considering the other supported Nexus devices got their OTA many weeks ago!

The Priv's form factor makes it clunky and unwieldy. The Mercury solves that by returning to true classic Blackberry style with a nice keyboard. If it had CTRL and FN keys it would be literally perfect.

I definitely don't anymore. I was at the Verizon store with my girlfriend the other day and I messed around with one of the new Motorola phones (the flagship with the mods and shit) and boy was it retarded. Can't believe how massive the camera bump is, the buttons were squishy (gross) and had bad placement. You also couldn't tell which button was which.

The mods felt like flimsy plastic garbage.

>this is what icucks actually believe?

Is Nexus confirmed dead?

If you're a developer you might get a better experience deploying apps on an Android emulator.

I really wish this had NFC. Would've bought it the moment it was available on Amazon.

Thats a pretty good gif you have there. Is that legit?

How can you tell? Are ye a wizard haarry?

Nexus is third party hardware
Pixel is first party hardware

>They weren't cheap but they were flagship specs for a lower price.
Fuck you, 6p is still 649€ here. How's that "flagship specs for a lower price", eh

Rip in peace blackberry

Pixel xl or note7? Dont mind the price difference, but am stuck with it for two years.

Note 7 probably

note or s7 edge.
but I would buy a V20.

this gotta be bait right?

Do you want to jihad?

Then I'd get an iphone7, I heard they're the hot stuff now

this pic triggers me

>asymmetrical lines
they clearly don't know their userbase.

Why do you need a top of the line phone when majority of people with them just text, go on Facebook, and play Words With Friends.

>The Priv's form factor makes it clunky and unwieldy

Nigger have you ever actually used one for any period of time? Even with the keyboard out, shit is very well-balanced. And you get a full screen whenever you're typing, which is something no other modern phone can offer.

Priv is love. It just cost a little too much for the specs.

How did Android even get popular in the first place? No amount of hardware can remove the lag. The UI is fucking retarded and makes no sense. Not that iphone is better.

How does typing on Priv even work? Don't you get the touchscreen keyboard automatically? Or does Priv disable the touchscreen keyboard?

What other options do you have for a modern 5" phone with AOSP/CM? That's right, you don't.

inb4 KEK Z2 and it's lack of support.

You get a smaller on screen keyboard with special characters instead of the full on screen keyboard.

You can toggle the full one if you want.

Also the Priv sucks nobody uses hardware keyboards on phones lol, not even the people that buy the Priv.

what's with those ugly ass rectangles at the top?

Probably because it's open software.

Cost too. I'm sure the majority using Android are in Asia and South America with dirt cheap phones.

open sores design son!

The dude running Nvidia uses a Nexus 6P and he's loaded with money and leather jackets.

I've used one in a store before. It felt too tall with the keyboard out. I'm waiting for the Mercury to be released because it looks like a much better form factor.

Panda...

>Probably because it's open software.
The general meat mass don't give a shit about that.
>Cost too. I'm sure the majority using Android are in Asia and South America with dirt cheap phones.
People could get cheap "smart" phones before Android. I just don't get how it got a such momentum. The marketing guys that accomplished the Android popularity must be geniuses.

I mean cost as in poor people can afford phones that run Android, just blowing up the number of users.

>what is a xiaomi mi5

Been on my hard drive for a long time I honestly don't remember the sauce. Sorry.

Nexus 6 was alright. After that only trash.
Chink phones are literally the fastest(both in benchmarks and in real life usage) devices on the market right now, maybe you should stop substitute reality with memes.

Sorry that you don't live in America, cuck.

>If you buy anything other than a high end device you will not get a high end device

Are they really? I've never used one before but I'm seriously considering the Axon 7.

Just check out Antutu. Top 5 devices are chink shit.
>Axon 7
I heard some bad stuff about the firmware, I wouldn't hurry with the purchase.

>I heard some bad stuff about the firmware
you mean it's botnetted like the rest of chinkphones or that it's unrootable

Go to AnTuTu, see this, guess I better buy a two generation old phone.

Install the app, retard.

Also note how I'm charging my Nexus 6 at 4pm

Nexus/Pixel is obsolete, OP3 is more open and dev friendly now.

Looks like top two devices are chink. Their website doesn't even match their app haha top kek.

It's just a phone for fucks sake don't you have more important things to argue about? Why don't you ever argue about servers or new language standards or frameworks or just about anything that aren't consumer electronics?

What other OSes or smartphones were on the market before Android? I only know Blackberry, whatever OS that has.

Consumer electronics matter just the same as anything else.

>Introducing...
...Pajeet "smartphone"

POO IN THE LOO, googletards.

What the hell, 3 days ago OnePlus 3 and Vivo xplay 5 were on top. Time to switch to another benchmark.

Nokia with their various versions of symbian and microsoft mobile.

Windows Mobile was actually really good for its time. Better than iOS since it had things like Bluetooth and then-standard IR file transfer, support for external SD cards, user-accessible file system, drag-and-drop interface, and ability to install apps from anywhere. BBOS and Symbian was the same. iOS is the only "smartphone" OS that can't even offer features that have been standard since forever.

>two months from now

Yikes

Which is why I don't understand how Android got traction. It's a fragmented mess. It even got all various retarded reskins windows mobile got.

Yeah that's why all successful people spend hours choosing their consumer electronics. Do rich people give a shit? Does Stroustrup give a shit? A technology board should look down on pleb shit like phones

Android got traction because it's the only modern open smartphone OS. Windows Mobile is dead, Symbian is dead, and BBOS is dead.

Because it's fucking free.

>it gained traction because it gained traction and the other ones didn't
how did you get through high school?

>tfw S5 with CM13
>tfw it gets daily builds

It might not get marshmallow but we'll see that when CM14 is released

>inb4 b-but muh specs

I'm saying similar platforms are no longer updated and have been abandoned, thus leaving Android as the only remaining choice for smartphone users wanting an open platform. Had any of the three mentioned operating systems not been abandoned things might be different today.

why the fuck would you ever need more than 1080p on a phone.

2 questions I would like to be spoonfed on plz

1-Who's the manufacturer developing these phones?

2-Why is it that my old $140 chinkphone (which can get amazing cell quality, close to landline levels, and a nice Internet connection) doesn't need those gaudy antenna lines, but this (reportedly) $600 phone does?

All platforms listed could do exactly what Android could and better.
No it isn't. You pay somewhere in the region of $10 in licensing fees to microsoft. I suspect there are other royalties in play for media playback and communication means.

App store. WM never got one and Symbian got it WAY too late.

When the iPhone came out they were all healthy and alive. iPhone killed them and Android surfaced shortly after as a spiritual successor. I'm not saying Android is perfect, but it's the best thing a lot of people have today.

I like it. If it's 128/256 gb options and a very good screen I will probably buy it.

I think what he should of actually said was that android is the only truly open smartphone OS. BBOS was exclusive to BlackBerry, Symbian was exclusive to Nokia, and Windows Mobile is restrictive to the average manufacturer or phone developer, while also being expensive for the low-range chink to just slap on their phone. Simply put, Android is like any other Linux distro ("here, I did the hard work for you, now go ahead and go rice shit up")

Thank you. That seems to be the probable cause.

Can't speak for Symbian and Windows Mobile, but BBOS was a pile of dogshit and if you wanted a third party app for it, you had to find one written for your specific device, and if it existed it probably cost $20 or more. That goes for real basic shit like instant messenger applications and document editors.

1. HTC is manufacturing. You can tell because it looks and functions exactly like an HTC 10 or whatever that new HTC flagship is.
2. Is your old chinkphone metal?

Google bought motorola and tried to go full Microsoft on Android but backed off.

>ugly as fuck
>expensive as fuck

Guess I'll be using my Nexus 5 for another year.

1-thanks :^) have a ruby
2-Aluminum-Titanium is what they say on the website, but I'm sure there's some plastic aswell

I'm sorry what was that?

dumb phoneposter.

The camera hardware is on the wrong side.

Well in that case I don't know. They made a strange choice of antenna lines I guess.

>posting from your phone

End yourself

yeah, don't forget that Lenovo bought Motorola from google so it's not going to get better anytime soon (just look at what they did to the Thinkpad)

But this is a phone thread.

Looks like absolute dogshit, well done Google.

Google should have had Nokia or Sony manufacture their phones instead of HTC.

Once Microsoft gets UWP back in action with Windows 10 and releases their Surface Phone in 2018, hopefully more devs will look into releasing Windows 10 versions of their devices. It's much better than Android.

>2018
Haha fugg

Going to switch from the windows phone platform in 3 months. Been with windows phone since 7. I just can't handle that a few apps are iphone and android exclusive that I kind of need/want to use. I'm going to hate Android beyond belief because I hate the UI. I have no hope that microsoft ever will create a phone platform that will bring in the app devs and actually make people switch.

looks like the MC from "the last of us"

Well I know that much I just don't know where I got the gif or if it's from in game or what.

Because not everyone is blind and wants a clearer display?

This one finally makes certain MacBooks useful now

>DSLR
i have problems with the rMB but apple has always carved out a very specific use case with very little flexibility for others. even jobs would've told people they were idiots for expecting a non-"pro" laptop to do pro work. he probably would've actually called them idiots, too.

apple is off its game, but picking nits like this severely undercuts the other evidence of that fact by making the rest look like equally grasping.

Macbooks will never be useful with that locked down piece of shit hardware and OS

are you saying OS X is locked down? do you have any experience with it or are you some winbaby who's afraid of the terminal?

>2nd most valuable tech company in the world
>sources manufacturing from dying company htc

No keyboard.

No sale.

Mac OS is not locked down. If you mean it's not open source then windows is just as bad. Additionally you can install most Linux software on macOS

iOS is locked down however.

does it matter? your eyes can't tell 2 adjacent pixels apart unless you're a turboautist with 20/5 vision

I have an S7 Edge and I am looking at the iPhone 7 Plus and I just cannot convince myself. I played with one for like an hour. Sure it's fast, but nothing feels different performance wise or build wise or camera wise (other than obviously two cameras) OR really anything else. However, with the S7E I have file system access, better keyboard options, a nicer screen (Subjective, obviously) and faster charging.

I dunno. I still feel a pull to the iPhone. I might get it, use it, then sell it to buy the Note 7 international when it comes back out, mainly because they fucked Canada with the SD820 SoC instead of the Exynos master race.

This

>15 years behind Apple
Citation needed

>its taken this long for everyone else to see that the best thing is having your own complete ecosystem running custom hardware with custom software along with high continuity
Not particularly. People knew it but it wouldn't have worked for some manufacturers. Android has been better since Android 4, iOS has been stagnant since iOS 8. The hardware performance increase on the iPhone hasn't yielded any worthwhile results since "Press button, use based app, press home button" doesn't require a lot of power, especially at the resolutions the iPhone pushes at any level, even with the higher res rendering and down-sampling. Meanwhile, Android not only benefits from manufacturers hardware iterations, it also benefits from how varied these hardware sets are.
People, though, just want one thing. They want one perfect device with all the features in a nice package with an experience that they think is perfect.
In short, impossible.
Women are also an issue.
A chick who likes iOS better than Android? Wow! A new thing!
On average ladies tend to prefer iPhones/iOS over Android and the various manufacturers therein.
It's also usually for a "It's just better" reason instead of a more actual technical reason.
Generally, though, I think it's the "normie" thing. More girls tend to be normies than guys, especially considering use case gets increasingly nerdier the more Android you go until eventually you're in some kind of Linux/GNU territory.

I think what I want is for the "normie" "iOS is just better cause reasons" types to understand that it's because they are less interested or knowledgeable when it comes to technology. Not stupid or anything, just less interested and therefore less inclined to retain more detailed information. A normie who can say "I like the iPhone due to my use case of it fitting in perfectly" would be a nice thing to run into.

Good camera
No lag
Better design and feel (kinda important considering it's probably the electronic device you touch the most each day)

>one picture of an iphone posted on fucking reddit
>over 100 exploded note 7s now

Are you?

No bitch, only thing I'm sorry about is that it's so expensive for us to run your country as well as ours.

>>one picture of an iphone posted on fucking reddit
>>over 100 exploded note 7s now
Yeah hyperbole a lot? Show me source for "over 100" exploded notes

Says user whose country is practically owned by chinese.

Fuck, I dunno how to feel about that appearance.

At least they'll be unmistakable.

Their only aircraft carrier is an old soviet era rustbucket without professionals skilled enough to man it. Top kek dank fucking meme my friend. Cheers.

Don't talk to me with your filthy, Islamic cock sucking mouth.

>europ
>literally doesn't innovate any technology
>europeans think they're dignified enough to post on tech boards

When you naturally hold a phone with one hand your fingers are on this side of the phone _____.

Phrase your answer in the form or a question.

>marshmallow
nougat* kek

>hurr durr they are pre rendered screens
It really is this ugly

>not having the fingerprint reader under the glass

Nah man. Right now iphone 7s are superior. Just accept the facts

Nobody fucking uses the physical keyboard in phones anymore when it takes up so much unnecessary space.

It's not a "smart" phone though.

I don't think it looks bad. Reminds me of my old iPhone 4s. How big is it? Because fuck phablets.

Xiaomi fresh user here. Should I make this thing? Im pretty aware of my device.
en.miui.com/thread-129051-1-1.html

no, what for?

dunno, they say it's good for battery life. Of course I would use 1st method. I don't want to change room for this thing

phone looks pretty good and I do like the integration of those mod packs

>literally leaving a distinct imprint of you fingerprint on a glass surface for a perp to copy, so they could then crack your phone

You can't make this shit up.

>he thinks this can happen in real life

Why every android phone looks like a fucking iphone now??

what is the purpose of that black/white top panel around the fingerprint sensor?

The design just werks

To make it not look like less like an iPhone clone

What did he mean by this?

iFags everyone. They really are that stupid.