Why does this still even happen

>Nvidia = highest performance for highest price
What else is new

Because autistic people are retarded.

>implying nvidia doesn't own the mid - low range as well

store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

get cucked amdrones

And you think that's a good thing?
You think that volta monopolizing the high end, mid end and low end is possibly good in any way?
Or are you just thinking "I got a nvidia card yee yee master race!"

because you are still here

is it a good thing? that's not for me to say

i like getting the best product for my money.

That's only steam, a large percentage of that number will be people using high end GPU's, most gamers use consoles

Well nvidias top end has been going up like $100-200 each generation right? The 1080ti is expected to be above $800 now?
You're not looking for the best product for your money, you're looking for the best product, which is stupid in tech because the best will always be overpriced

Oh yeah I forgot consoles have the low end on lock

the only reason why it's going up is because people are buying it

if people had a problem with buying experience parts, they wouldn't do buy them and nvidia wouldn't price them so high

Well without competition were gonna see $1000 GPUs become standard.
But hey, at least it's the best/only choice right?

Because AMDfags can't compete

nice post pajeet

no one cares about your games faggot

But first it will cremate the body of AMD

Where is the 980ti OC killer?
Where is the Titan X killer?
Where is the 1070 killer?
Where is the 1080 killer?
Where is the Titan X Pascal killer?
Where are the AMD gayming laptops GPUs?

AMD: Another Massive Disappointment

AMD has always had competitive gpu's.

The only difference between amd and nvidia is die size. for whatever reason AMD hasnt ever really pushed for freaky huge die sizes.

If you want that kind of extreme gpu performance and want to pay for it, by all means buy nvidia I'm not slamming them, but everyone should understand that the difference between nvidia and amd is a difference in business strategy, not technology.

I wont say the same thing about intel/amd on the CPU side because its not true.

That'll all die for $800 in January.
Nvidia kills themselves by their past lineup, and they do it intentionally

>Titan XP out for 3 months
>Rebrand Titan XP, call it 1080ti, $800
Nvidia knows exactly what they're doing, who will buy it, and how long they need to wait to get the holdouts to drop their wallets
This isn't technology-driven whatsoever, it's business-driven

>gayming laptops

how is it not technology strategy when nvidia outperforms amd?

nvidia doesn't outperform amd though, not hardware-wise anyway. They pay devs to use goywork, for example, or to optimize only for them, or to give them the specs of their games so they can make optimize drivers before the game is even out, while shutting out AMD explicitly.

>nvidia doesn't outperform amd

what? do you even look at performance #s?

you have severe autism

fuck brand faggots, i just want a new industry standard that isn't gddr5,

i want 1080 ti to not use hbm2 so i can hear collective crying here regardless of how well it performs.

nvidia doesn't outperform amd though, not hardware-wise anyway. They pay devs to use goywork, for example, or to optimize only for them, or to give them the specs of their games so they can make optimize drivers before the game is even out, while shutting out AMD explicitly.

yes user keep believing this is how nvidia achieved almost complete dominance in consumer high end gpu market

poor little good guy amd

you mean pascal.

and yea it's quite certain it will and really there's no reason why they wouldn't got with that

Pascal Titan X does not use HBM2 (it uses GDDR5X) so the 1080ti will use GDDR5X as well.

I do think it's a shame Nvidia doesn't use HBM2 yet. I play games on 4K and the only cost efficient option right now is the Fury line. 1080 and even 1070 beats the Fury cards in 1080p and mostly in 1440p, but in 4K the Fury cards have similar or better performance due to HBM. I guess I'll see what AMD and Nvidia offer in their next generation cards.

Yeah, my bad, I corrected myself.

I own both, so fuck y'all.

It's looking like Volta is just a low power solution

What, like nvidia's moving to a slower generational cycle a-la Intel?

Well pascal was just shrunken maxwell really, volta is probably just an actual major revision

or it's just an ultra low power/workstation thing

it's doubtful they'll release something faster than a titan XP unless Vega actually does something

>maxwell gimping has already begun
>fury x beats titan x easily now
lol

Which I hope it does, get some kind of ceiling back on GPU prices fug

Do you have any sauce for that? the only game the Fury X has a good chance is Hitman or Vulkan DOOM

youtube.com/watch?v=ZwV91khyoO0

It's going to have HBM2 which should make it pretty awesome given the performance of a Fury X, the Fury X still has headroom

Nvidia doesn't want AMD dead, just crippled.

Being effectively a monopoly is way better than an actual monopoly, once you consider regulations and such.

>I-its just not fair!!! AMD's the good guy!

There were like 500 million threads saying the same thing about both Nvidia and AMD before pascal/polaris released. Low and behold both companies still existed afterwards.... Funny that.