Spotify seems to have blocked use of their web player with adblock activated now. Any other way to block their ads?

Spotify seems to have blocked use of their web player with adblock activated now. Any other way to block their ads?

Other urls found in this thread:

www1.zippyshare.com/v/14QBo8C4/file.html
boerse.to/thema/spotify-music-premium.2025866/
audio2.spotify.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ezblocker

Yes, write an extension yourself. lol

hosts file?

How about not being a cheap fuck and pay those 5 dollary doos.

disabling cosmetic filtering seems to work for that sometimes
also try fuckfuckadblock

I've had good results with not using spotify.

Don't wanna be that guy, but it works for me.

I have all the domains on their site in my hosts file.

Thanks, will try your suggestions.

Ok, maybe they didn't fix it then. Sounds good.

dunno about blocking ads but there's another way of getting rid of them and that's getting a premium account.

Desktop client with a hosts file

>paying
>for music

It's not even paying for the music, he's renting the right to stream it

host files
I feel really dumb now that it's apparently possible to play spotify on mobile without paying yet I'm still subscribed

yes. goods and services cost money.

You still couldn't circumvent the forced shuffle mode though.

>update hosts file
>visual ads are still getting through
I don't hear commercials anymore but it'd be nice if I didn't have a banner ad covering 25% of the screen at all times

Is this guy serious?

Ezblocker just werks, OP. It gets rid of banner ads too.

Works on my machine with uBlock, you must be doing something wrong.

Yeah, I had to do some shit yesterday to get the webplayer working again in chrome. I don't know if it had anything to do with my adblocker, though.

well actualy you can with a modded .apk www1.zippyshare.com/v/14QBo8C4/file.html
Spotify on tablets doesn't have this stupid shuffle thing, which this apk takes advantage of (and it also blocks ads)

if you think this is malware, I got it from the biggest german warez and tech-talk forum: boerse.to/thema/spotify-music-premium.2025866/
you can download it from one of their links if you wish

>Any other way to block their ads?
Yes, getting a job and realizing 10$/month is nothing compared to the convenience of Spotify.

Best goy ITT.

>paying $120 a year to stream music

Can you paste the hosts here user? I used to be able to block Spotify too, but I lost my data

127.0.0.1 media-match.com
127.0.0.1 adclick.g.doublecklick.net
127.0.0.1 www.googleadservices.com
127.0.0.1 open.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 desktop.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 pubads.g.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 securepubads.g.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 audio2.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 audio2.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 www.audio2.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 www.omaze.com
127.0.0.1 omaze.com
127.0.0.1 bounceexchange.com
127.0.0.1 core.insightexpressai.com
127.0.0.1 content.bitsontherun.com
127.0.0.1 s0.2mdn.net
127.0.0.1 v.jwpcdn.com
127.0.0.1 d2gi7ultltnc2u.cloudfront.net
127.0.0.1 crashdump.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 adeventtracker.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 log.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 analytics.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 ads-fa.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 cs283.wpc.teliasoneracdn.net
127.0.0.1 audio-ec.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 cs126.wpc.teliasoneracdn.net
127.0.0.1 heads-ec.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 u.scdn.co
127.0.0.1 cs126.wpc.edgecastcdn.net
127.0.0.1 pagead46.l.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 pagead.l.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 video-ad-stats.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 pagead-googlehosted.l.google.com
127.0.0.1 partnerad.l.doubleclick.net
127.0.0.1 prod.spotify.map.fastlylb.net
127.0.0.1 adserver.adtechus.com
127.0.0.1 na.gmtdmp.com
127.0.0.1 anycast.pixel.adsafeprotected.com
127.0.0.1 ads.pubmatic.com
127.0.0.1 idsync-ext.rlcdn.com
127.0.0.1 www.googletagservices.com
127.0.0.1 sto3.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 googlehosted.l.googleusercontent.com
127.0.0.1 spclient.wg.spotify.com
127.0.0.1 d361oi6ppvq2ym.cloudfront.net
127.0.0.1 gads.pubmatic.com
127.0.0.1 ads-west-colo.adsymptotic.com
127.0.0.1 geo3.ggpht.com
127.0.0.1 showads33000.pubmatic.com
127.0.0.1 spclient.wg.spotify.com

But that's nothing. Too poor, fag?

Just download the music from spotify. There are lots of scripts for that on github

lol, normie music

Working for me with uBlock origin and anti adblock killer

I agree that it's pocket change but why would I spend any money on something I can do for free? It's got nothing to do with whether you have money or not, it's about not being a fucking moron.

>128 kbps

Because it's not worth the effort. Why would I waste time after a long day at work doing shit like this when I just could hit play? It's got nothing to do with whether you have money or not, it's about not being a fucking moron.

You have to buy premium once. Then you can rip 320kbps files.

>Why would I waste time after a long day at work doing shit like this
Because it literally takes a minute.
>It's got nothing to do with whether you have money or not, it's about not being a fucking moron.
Says the guy that would rather spend $120 a year instead of spending literally less than a minute copy pasting some text into his hosts file

>Copy-pasting a list is really hard guys!
>I just got back from work and I can't be assed to make two simple mouse clicks!!!

lmao normie
keep supporting your oppressors

You only have to do it once you retard.

Enjoy donating money to Sweden where they spend it on welfare for muslims and niggers.

Because in reality it comes down to convenience. It's much easier to rent a movie on YouTube for $3 than wait 3 hours for the same movie to download via some torrent client.

That's just how capitalism works. You pay for a service, you get the service. Really not that complicated.

It's much easier to copy and paste some text into a hosts file than it is to make $120. You'd need to be paid $7200/hour before you could even consider it worth your time to just pay for premium over editing your hosts file.

>what is kodi?
>what is popcorntime?

The thing is, I still get the service even if I don't pay. Why would I spend a single cent on something I can get for free?

Not really. 10 dollars a month really is not a big deal to me. I don't even notice when it is taken from my account monthly. Plus I use the service everyday, so it's well worth it.

I don't mind paying for something that I want to keep existing.

>Spend one minute (at most) editing a hosts file
>block ads across all platforms

OR

>pay $5
>block ads on in Spotify
>pay $8
>block ads in Youtube
>etc etc

The repo has been deleted since a few days ago, so you have to see if you can still find it elsewhere.
It still works perfectly though and is currently running on my server.

>Music and streaming programs will stop existing if I stop paying for it

lmao dude

you realize Google Music lets you stream your own pirated tunes anywhere, right/

>claims that it's all about not wasting his time
>wastes more time working off the money to pay for Premium than it'd take to not have ads anyway
Top fucking kek, go eat a dick Spotify shill

>Any other way to block their ads?

Use your HOSTS file. (preferably along with NoScript, which you should be using regardless of your browser configuration)

No one needs an extension like AdBlock or uBlock. I haven't used any of those for years, and absolutely nothing is broken for me.

>listening to upbeat kpop music
>ad is a trailer for a horror movie

way to ruin the vibe for me? this is the last straw and why I am fighting for a hack to get premium for free. fuck this sleezy company, tay tay was right to reject them

Use the android cracked app

I almost bought premium back when every ad was those drinking and driving commercials, Jesus Christ were they ever waging psychological warfare
>upbeat music
>balling mother, "I never get to see my little Johnny again because some guy drank and drove waaaah"
>sobbing inmate, "I lost years of my life and took another life because I made poor decisions and I have to live with that forever
EVERY
FUCKING
AD

Works for me

Holy fuck zippy share is impossible to use on mobile. Pop up vibrating ad —> redirect ad—> playstore ad—> virus ad—> finally get the apk i want.

pretty effective tho

Not effective enough, all it did was make me hate the company.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I'm just telling you why I choose to not do things the way you do.

Also do you not realize that $10 a month is less than 15 minutes of work? I'm not laboring in a sweatshop to finish paying off my fucking spotify bill

Do you not know how business and the economy works? If no one pays for a service, it will cease to exist.

I never said I don't use any adblockers. I don't know anyone who actually watches YouTube ads.

This. I have never used Spotify and I barely even know what it is and it doesn't have any impact on my life. Just stop being dependent on dumb shit.

Pay for it you cheap ass. It's $10 a month

>Also do you not realize that $10 a month is less than 15 minutes of work?
I do. Do you realize that editing a hosts file is free and less than 1 minute of work?
>I'm not laboring in a sweatshop to finish paying off my fucking spotify bill
I never claimed otherwise, you fucking dumbass.

Fuck off retard

No.

I have an affinity for not paying for things that are available for free.

Seems to work fine with uBlock + Anti-Adblock Killer, haven't tried with just uBlock

>If no one pays for a service, it will cease to exist.

I suspect that other user was referring to P2P and other shady services. Torrent bandwidth isn't propped up by centralized networks that require ad revenue or any form of direct funding. It's just volunteered bandwidth.

By not being poor and paying for Premium