Why is Linux mint such a buggy mess?

Why is Linux mint such a buggy mess?

>Bluetooth would detect other devices on my laptop but it refused to connect to anything
>it wouldn't mount any USB flash drives that were ntfs
>in the middle of the night it would turn on and ramp up the fan, waking me up.
>ui was slow and unresponsive at times, even though my specs aren't bad at all. (i5 2520m, gt520m, 8GB ram)
>the wallpaper would restore itself to the default Linux mint wallpaper every few days

>mfw finally switched to Ubuntu MATE
Holy shit this works perfectly where mint would just fall on its face.

Wtf is wrong with mint?

Other urls found in this thread:

jumpsuitedmonster.tumblr.com/post/141634916714/meet-my-cat-she-enjoys-boobs-and-wandering-into
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who the fuc is this girl

and I don't know. I also ran into problems with mint when changing to XFCE. their default install fucked up keybindings among other things, started using debian/XFCE and Xubuntu ever since and never had a problem

>girl

>meme

hardly developed, unsigned packages, aimed squarely at people who only browse the internet.

this combined with all the other small problems it had, and how they had backdoored images on their website, and I stopped using mint forever.

bluetooth is dog shit on every platform
it's literally a meme technology

So it's not a Linux problm, is it, retard?

That's one hot trap

>>mfw finally switched to Ubuntu MATE
HAHAHAH... you switched to the shit that HAS THE SAME UNDERLYING PACKAGES! You're aware that LM is based off Ubuntu, right? If something doesn't work in LM, it also doesn't work in Ubuntu and Lubuntu and Kubuntu and, of course, Ubuntu MATE.

But Ubuntu mate does that better!

Mint bogs much more resources than Ubuntu mate does, which makes a difference. I can't tell as easily for web browsing and shit on my 2520m, but it's very noticeable on my d2500

Doesn't mean that their default configuration is the same. Mint locks you into a lot of things. For example I had problems changing keybindings from XFCE config. Every time I restarted, they would disappear.

Kinda true but not really.

Mint is a frankenmashed old LTS Ubuntu mix with a pretty DE on top.

>Doesn't mean that their default configuration is the same.
All of their HW, networking etc are EXACTLY THE SAME. Your BT problem is due to Ubuntu base, not LM.

>Mint locks you into a lot of things.
You're a fucking idiot.

>For example I had problems changing keybindings from XFCE config. Every time I restarted, they would disappear.
Yep, you're a fucking idiot. Xfce runs perfectly under LM. I've used LM+Xfce on one of my laptops for months without any issues.

Show his dick

>Mint is a frankenmashed old LTS Ubuntu mix with a pretty DE on top.
Xenial isn't old you retard.

>just because I haven't ran into a bug means it doesn't exist
nice logic there bud

thats not my point you motherfucking shithead. your comprehensions skills tell me you've barely graduated from a public HS.

my point is that if there is a BT bug, it's coming from Ubuntu since LM team doesn't touch that shit at all to maintain compatibility with Ubuntu.

switching from LM to Ubuntu MATE telegraphs to ppl with a clue that you're a total fucking shithead.

So mintfag damage control team has arrived?

>just werks for me
Good for you, unfortunately it didn't work for me so I went with something better.
Ubuntu.

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

jumpsuited monster on tumblr

She's too cute to be a monster

I had the wallpaper bug and the fan thing too. It was mostly just inconveniences but I gave up and switched to Fedora instead.

she was absolutely gorgeous back in 2014 for her face didn't age well to be quite honest with you family member

*but her face

Does she do nudes?

>jumpsuitedmonster.tumblr.com/post/141634916714/meet-my-cat-she-enjoys-boobs-and-wandering-into

actually she's still a babe

woodplow.jpg

all of cinnamon is included with debian/ubuntu anyway, there's no reason to use mint

And Fedora too iirc

She's still a qt3.14

>he fell for the Linux mint meme

because it is hacked together by a gang of drunken irish midgets, they might even be leprechauns

this portal shit is some new level autism...

It's cute

how?
I mean, next time it will be a Dr Who slut?

>unsigned
[Citation needed]

Did you google it?

Why should I google it if the burden of proof is on you?

ITT arch kiddies who install everything they see in aur try to mock "noobs"