Usenet

Idk what's going on, everything I download with usenet recently gives me files that the par2 doesn't recognize and without par2 I can't rename the files to the proper format for winzip to recognize them.

What step am I missing here?

Install Gentoo

Just buy the damn game faggot

No help?

Tried combining the files with 7zip and it produced some garbage.

Renaming the file doesn't change its file signature...

Try
Ren *.* *.r*
I think quickpar won't find the files if the extension is wrong

By looking at the filesizes your download seems corrupt

>huge conspicuous rename button
>bitch on Cred Forums instead of clicking it
Holy shit.

>Split archives
Holy fuck, the cancer is real

Reminds me of the dumbest torrent I've ever seen:
>Make self-extracting archive
>Split into into multi-part .rar
>Store each part, together with a copy of the .nfo, inside a .zip archive
>Bundle it up in a torrent alongside the same .nfo

Like jesus christ what the fuck. Every time I see scene retardation I just get sad. I had to pipe ‘yes’ into ‘unzip *’ to skip through all of the “do you want to replace faggot.nfo?” prompts.

That files ducked. The pars dont even belong. I hope you have a bandwidth cap you faggot. Also stop talking about usenet.

>.r01
>7zip
Use unrar file.rar and dont fuck with the .rnumber files.

The par shows 500mb blocks the download is fucked.

Use MultiPAR, it's much more efficient overall.

At some point you either try to extract the files (assuming the RARs are not damaged, and if they are I suppose that would be the reason to use some PAR tool) and it'll either be successful or it won't.

Button only renames shit it recognizes, in this case the nfo.

Yeah just figured this out. Everything on astraweb seems to be fucked recently.

Figured out you can manually add all the unrecognized files to quickpar and now it's scanning through them trying to match the blocks to the expected files. It's all fucked, I'm missing like 12GB of data, fuck astraweb.

Oh, I dont into par or usenet so idk. I just remember when I as 12 wondering why a download was in a shitload of files and figuring out that the archive was just broken up.

Also I thought things like usenet were kill.. how do you into usenet?

GTFO grandpapie

Your server sucks OP

Yes it does.

I was mistaken in thinking I'm still with astraweb. It's actually usenetserver that sucks.

ur dumb OP

files are corrupted and not properly named either

though by the looks of it, it seems as if that release was never uploaded to usenet

good goy

shut the fuck up

>quickpar
use multipar retard and also use a proper indexer
>split archives are bad
yeah sure thing, posting a 50GB archive is so much smarter.

scene files used to be in zip files for the zip checker on ftp sites but you probably know jack shit millennial retard

>yeah sure thing, posting a 50GB archive is so much smarter.
If it needs to be a single file, then I would much rather have a single 50GB archive than 50 1GB split parts. The second is just needlessly clumsy and provides fuckall benefit.

And since I was talking about torrents, the real/proper thing to do would be to not have a fucking archive to begin with. Make a torrent of the raw file structure or fuck off.

>scene files used to be in zip files for the zip checker on ftp sites but you probably know jack shit millennial retard
Okay, so people that do it are just clueless idiots sticking to retarded scene standards from 20 years ago? Got it.

The only discernable reason I can think of for split archives is FAT32-formatted USB drives

That said, if you use FAT32 in 2016 you're a fucking monogoloid retard anyway