How familiar are you wit MS DOS concepts from the 80's, Cred Forums?

How familiar are you wit MS DOS concepts from the 80's, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerShell
shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596100094.do
youtube.com/watch?v=b9ifQvQCO7Y
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_codenames
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She has a ghost developer making all of her games, right?

>video gayme developer

>Taking a picture of your screen

I have no idea what she's actually doing, but honestly the modern Windows command line is hilariously rooted in its initial 1980s lineage.

I cannot fathom why they didn't implement bash on Windows 15 years ago. Then again, I also can't fathom why they never bothered to rewrite the godawful shell window, and they touted the "awesome" new features of the Win10 version that's VIRTUALLY UNCHANGED.

>she

have you read that post from a windows dev? he actually mentions cmd and how they couldn't fuck with it, so made powershell instead

Outsourced devs from india and philippines

They made PowerShell if you really want a Windows shell.

>Command line that probably doesn't change
>Hasn't scripted this
lmao

>picture of screen instead of screenshot
>DOS concepts

This is why people look down upon women in technology. I fucking hate that our field is a sausagefest, but when people post inane shit like this, I swear.

Cred Forums Pass user since August 2013.

>have you read that post from a windows dev? he actually mentions cmd and how they couldn't fuck with it, so made powershell instead

No, I haven't read it, but it sounds like retarded corporate bullshit.

>They made PowerShell if you really want a Windows shell.

I'm not interested in PowerShell. I explored it back when it was called, I think, Mono. It's an absurd, unnecessary departure from traditional command line interpreters. And their actual shell window is still shit, including the "ISE" or whatever it's called.

Microsoft certainly improved the command availability, but it gets laughably clunky. Like "FOR /F" to set a variable to the output of a command. Ungodly hideous syntax for something that's really damned handy.

>women

>She
>her
>she
>women

holy fuck we have Firefox developers in the house

This is why we hate women

WTF are you blathering about? If you know something we don't, then fucking say it, don't just make these sorts of retardedly vague posts.

>using a single = to check for equality
I shiggiously hope you guys diggity don't do this

> I explored it back when it was called, I think, Mono.
No, PowerShell has always been called PowerShell.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerShell
And I never made a comment about the quality or usefulness of it. Just noting that they did make a modern shell.

I will not do shit for her even if she's the last client on Earth.

Isn't this the same fuck who relentlessly tried to edit Samus Aran's Wikipedia article to try to rewrite history and claim Samus as a transexual?

Every freshman programmer makes this mistake the first time he does conditionals.

brianna wu is a tranny who isn't fooling anyone

egad

PS is mandatory for Exchange 2012 / 2012R2 basically and above

Will this even run?
Don't you have to use a comparison operator?

Ayy lmao

Somebody from Accenture is already doing.

user plz

Sure, I've done it myself.

If you're writing sick bantz on twitter you need to step it up tho

cmd.exe is shit because it's basically deprecated. What the fuck do you expect?

And while Powershell is in some ways absurd and shit, it's nowhere near as bad as what you're suggesting.

Actually, I'm not sure why I'm even replying to this post - the fact that you prefer command prompt to Powershell proves that your opinion is invalid.

>"""woman"""
>le women in tech maymay
>can't even code an if statement
>too stupid to use the terminal
>too fucking retarded to take a proper screenshot
>LOOK IM A GAME DEV XDXDXD
It's like those fucking retards that get in CS thinking they will make gaymes and drop out within a year.

>No, PowerShell has always been called PowerShell.

From your own link:

>Microsoft published the first Monad public beta release on June 17, 2005, Beta 2 on September 11, 2005, and Beta 3 on January 10, 2006. Not much later, on April 25, 2006 Microsoft formally announced that Monad had been renamed Windows PowerShell

Sorry, I remembered it as Mono rather than Monad.

I even had the book.

>Monad (AKA PowerShell)
>Introducing the MSH Command Shell and Language
>By Andy Oakley
>Publisher: O'Reilly Media

shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596100094.do

So why not just say that in the first place? Why is such a bush-beating, vague shitposter?

>Cred Forums Pass user since August 2013.

!!!?

It will run, it'll just always execute the if block when the stuff in parens is non-zero.

I guess you're half right, but I think it's kind of silly.
Who remembers Vista as Longhorn?

No. You can use assignment in conditionals.

For example if you do something like:
if (x = getValue()) {
}

That's shorthand for
x = getValue();
if (x) {
}

Although you generally would write it the second way.

>Who remembers Vista as Longhorn?
You do.

Nope, looked it up on Wikipedia.
I'm using Blackcomb right now though.

I do.

I remember installing Longhorn on my Pentium 4. 2003 was the best year of my childhood desu.

>cucked since fucking 2013
kek

Not that guy, but how is he vague?

they never developed anything

i remember seeing this and being pretty excited about it
youtube.com/watch?v=b9ifQvQCO7Y

bummer what was released wasn't nearly as cool as what they were showing

>2005

go to bed, grandpa

Heh, my brother used to always say stuff like this. If a command prompt popped up as part of an install or config he always called it DOS and thought it was hardcore.

But she's married to a man.

>not knowing the standard meme used when a person posts a tranny and unironically fails to misgender it
>not being able to tell it is a tranny
What the fuck are you even doing here user?

Instead we get something bland that can't run properly on 2006 home PCs.

I cannot stand Windows command line stuff no matter how many tutorials I read. It always takes a lot of experimenting just to get basic stuff working whereas I can learn most *nix commands with a single man page.

vista was pretty dope anyway. why did they ditched the 3d stuff?

i used vista for a couple weeks when it came out, then went back to XP

did the same thing with 7 as well, before 8 was announced i had switched to linux

>I guess you're half right,

I'm 100% right. Hell, as pointed out, there was even an O'Reilly book under the name.

> but I think it's kind of silly.

In other words, you can't bear to be wrong.

>Who remembers Vista as Longhorn?

Vista was never Longhorn. Longhorn was an ambitious project. It was, IIRC, over a year overdue, and projected to need several more years of development. The entire OS was to be .NET based. We were to have a relational database filesystem.

Ballmer told them to scrap it. They went back to XP, slapped some shit on it, and released Vista. Since that time, a few Longhorn-derived subsystems have made their way into later Windows versions, but I don't even remember what.

>go to bed, grandpa

"Waaah, sweeping statements based on ignorance are my specialty!"

Had a girl game dev come into the computer repair shop I work at she had some good stuff on her laptop and the code was clean.
She couldn't get adobe working no matter what she tried (would just crash pc), co-worker tagged her with bad hdd and gave her a 480GB SSD... a $440 job...
She came back 2 days later with adobe still not working. I updated her graphics drivers and marked the job free.
As far as im concerned, everyone is retarded, we just have some skills in different areas.

she uses Edge and Notepad

just let that sink in

I would be more surprised if he didn't use pleb software

You went through her shit. This is why I just buy a new computer if I can't fix it myself.

every civilized country permits gay marriage

>Vista was never Longhorn.
is this true? i had always heard otherwise

think again

>civilized

technically, yea, longhorn was tossed and vista was built atop server 2003's codebase instead

fucking lurk more you retard, then you'd know who the fuck brianna wu is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_codenames