Is this the most disgusting step down in tech history...

Is this the most disgusting step down in tech history? A personal donation of $1000 ending a career in a company that he founded?

To build so much and have it all fall so little is depressing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6QdSLeQ0494
needsmorejquery.com/
math.smith.edu/~rhaas/m114-00/chp4taylor.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A personal political donation, which according to the supreme court counts as free speech.

Unless that mother fucker explains to me right now why he created a pants on head retarded language like javascript he deserves everything that comes to him

>eich

sounds like a nazi name to me
we're all better for him leaving

This is the future you chose

He tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it didn't even matter.

javascript is fast, and its proven far and away safer than java and all the shit adobe has come up with.

The only language as far as I can tell you can download and run from anywhere on the net and not worry about infecting your machine.

seriously, not trying to say its perfect, but you have to be underageb& to get that mad about it.

nah fuck that guy with a rusty flagpole

that wouldnt be enjoyable

Story?

meme

SJWFox digged its own grave, nothing can save that shitty company now.

Great argument. JS is fine.

Millions spent on js engines in optimization attempts, and it still is slow. Our devices can run operating systems and 3d graphics and physics simulations, yet they choke on your typical webapp. There are flaws in the language that simply can't be fixed, only worked around with hacks.

As for the security thing you're not talking about the language itself, which was designed in 10 days to meet a deadline and as a result is one of the shittiest languages ever created. The fact you can run it mostly safely does not come from the language, but from the way browsers treat it: interpreted and running in a sandbox. No reason you couldn't do that with Java as a language.

Js is a deeply flawed language which only got popular because it had no competitors on the web, and people built all their stuff on it, sometimes making it a half decent tool.

I'm using firefox right now and I remember why I left it. I don't know why I started using it again

what happened to me

I'm using firefox on a mac

I need to drastically reevaluate my tech choices

But then again, Google is an SJW company that supports Hillary as well

The reaction to it was disgusting. Not even so much from Mozilla itself, but from attention-seeking retards blocking Firefox users from accessing their sites. These people have zero tolerance for dissenting opinions and throw a fit when confronted with one.

Can someone provide a source or a tl;dr?

Dude got fired for making a personal donation to the Trump campaign? Wtf do leftist not even care about free speech? I don't even want to identify with this kind of behavior.

It shows the amount of power that the LGBT community has on present society. They can ruin you if you even have so much as an opinion that doesn't align with theirs. They spout tolerance rhetoric, but are the most intolerant group out there. The truth is that they aren't, in fact, looking for tolerance. They want advocates.

>fire someone for a $1000 donation
>oh my god you people complaining are disgusting

He donated to a proposition that stop gay marriage. People found out, and rallied the LGBT SJW troops within Mozilla and pressured him out of his position.

>donates money to some anti gay thing years ago
>mozilla faggots find out
>whine that their CEO has different opinions than them (oh lawdy how terrible)
>force him out of the company
Coincidentally it's around the same time Mozilla started going down the drain.

Is there any way to derive a function from a table of values? I have to find a way to simplify an iterative algorithm to something with a faster running time, and seeing as how the function is a simple mapping of one input to one output, I assume it can be done in O(1) time

Are you really surprised this happened? Pretty much the only people with a huge hard-on for Firefox are Linux users and they are literally SJW's.

That $1000 may just have been the best $1000 he ever spent if it got him out of that place sooner rather than later.

>Millions spent on js engines in optimization attempts, and it still is slow. Our devices can run operating systems and 3d graphics and physics simulations, yet they choke on your typical webapp. There are flaws in the language that simply can't be fixed, only worked around with hacks.
JS has nothing to do with the reason "webapps" are slow. It benchmarks within the same order of magnitude as Java or C++.

>Millions spent on js engines in optimization attempts, and it still is slow. Our devices can run operating systems and 3d graphics and physics simulations, yet they choke on your typical webapp. There are flaws in the language that simply can't be fixed, only worked around with hacks.
JS isn't the reason "webapps" are slow. It benchmarks within the same order of magnitude as well-written Java or C++.

Weird chan bug, sorry for doublepost

>implying gays are bad for tech
youtube.com/watch?v=6QdSLeQ0494

Your target should be the (mostly) incompetent females.

>donation of $1000

What company and what kind of Mickey Mouse operation are they running?

>implying I implied gays are bad for tech
You're retarded.

Mozilla and possibly the browser you're using unless your sixty, a botnet, or paranoid.

>Founder of tech company
>Somehow off-topic for this board
Explain.

Who is talking...

Are you retarded or something? The point being made was that he had no choice but to resign due to sites blocking Firefox until he did. That more than anything was what forced him out, not the reaction inside Mozilla.

Fuck off moron

Brendan is a talented engineer, there are a lot of things he could do, but he has chosen to make a browser that hijacks ads. His failure is his own making. I dont feel sorry for him, Ive talked to him personally, he is a jerk, so its all on him.

>>eich
>sounds like a nazi name to me
I think he is half jewish and half irish

You mean a map..?

I rather doubt Eich is Jewish.

yeah, probably not....but maybe

He stepped down voluntarily, like who wants to work at a place where people openly attack you.

Its not quite that simple, I know some of the inside story. But in the end, he didnt take a stand for his rights or his beliefs and left. He is also blackballed from working at some other major companies. But there is endless opportunity in the tech industry, he has leadership talent, so he doesnt need to work for anyone.

Daily reminder that a lot of people within Mozilla publically spoke out in support of him, and that the board wanted him to stay on in a different role. It was the shitstorm created by degenerates outside of the organisation that forced him to resign.

Eich will have his revenge in the end, using Google's browser to kill both it and Firefox.

How is pressuring someone to resign because of their private fucking political beliefs that aren't anyone's business to begin with even legal? Could you imagine the shit storm if this were reversed?

>javascript is fast, and its proven
I don't think it even has proper multithreading support yet...

As CEO, Eich should have fired the noise such as Moyer and Varelidi and put his foot down. Dealing with homo sites that were banning Firefox, I would have shipped a version of Firefox with a random agent spoofer.

Will web assembly fix the problems?

>such as Moyer and Varelidi

Why would it not be legal? Are you saying that people shouldn't have the freedom to associate with whoever they want?

>Eich will have his revenge in the end, using Google's browser to kill both it and Firefox.
youre delusional Brenden

at this point, make it illegal. Corporations are heavily to blame for the current sjw invasion, and they need to be pegged down a notch

>firefox marketshare dwindling under complete mismanagement
>google botnet vacuuming up more and more data
>build from the ground up a browser based on chromium's code base but with all the botnet and tracking removed
>give people the option to natively block ads/tracking or allow acceptable, non-tracked, non-intrusive ads if so desired
>these ads can be used to generate bitcoin that can go back into sites that support the micro-transaction that brave will provide
>once sites start accepting brave as saviour, goodbye other browsers

it's the future. i am from the future so I know.

if anyone complains about javascript being "retarded", they're just using it for the wrong purpose and they're probably shit at programming anyway

>>give people the option to natively block ads/tracking or allow acceptable, non-tracked, non-intrusive ads if so desired
do you even listen to yourself talk Brenden? First of all that is a lie, and even if it wasnt it does not make sense

>>these ads can be used to generate bitcoin that can go back into sites that support the micro-transaction that brave will provide
my idea, Im not going to say 'youre welcome' because youre not welcome you jerk

>do you even listen to yourself talk Brenden? >First of all that is a lie, and even if it wasnt it does not make sense

Makes perfect sense since it is what happens in the browser.

>my idea, Im not going to say 'youre welcome' because youre not welcome you jerk

It must be hard seeing "my idea" being implemented so expertly by a professional who is going to succeed where you have failed. No wonder you are biased :)

there are multithreaded implementations, there are libraries to do threading, its just not that important to push it into the language spec, because microservices.

C / C++ didnt have threading until c11 / c++11 people got along just fine without it.

He was given 10 days to write it and the purpose of it at the time was to make text blink.

needsmorejquery.com/

>C / C++ didnt have threading until c11 / c++11 people got along just fine without it.
you can call OS routines directly though, to do threading.
that said, the things javascript is meant for don't really require multithreading, similiar to python

>google botnet vacuuming up more and more data
sadly this won't stop adoption, Win10 is far worse.

>you can call OS routines directly though, to do threading.
right, but the same can be said about node, and l believe nashorn aswell. its just a different runtime.
The argument could be made that spinning up another runtime for JS (node) in order to run another thread has a lot more overhead than fork() does, and that is valid. It's the same from the programmers' perspective though.

>that said, the things javascript is meant for don't really require multithreading, similiar to python

exactly scripting langauges make for great glue code. and its usually really simple to break up the glue bits into many small pieces that dont require a monolithic application anyway.

The homosexual industrial complex will not stop till it destroys every shred of free speech

Its called the Gaystopo.

It's 2016

You're just the only person in the world who happens to know this though

Thats a very difficult question. You could plot a linear function given any series of inputs and outputs which is what a "linear regression" is. But to find the function itself, I would only know how to do that if the function was differentiable. Here is something good to read: math.smith.edu/~rhaas/m114-00/chp4taylor.pdf

given n points, aren't there infinite functions that go through all n points? or at least more than 1?

This.

But also, why the fuck are you fucks still going on about this? This happened like two and a half years ago. Give it a rest.

Yeah

Chrome and firefox both suck. Why is it so difficult to create a window that parses web pages that doesnt take a gig of RAM? holy shit. I only have 4 fucking gigs and every time both of them go over a gig.

Just like freedom of religion means the government can't arrest you for being Jewish but if schools want to expel you, companies want to fire you, and people boycott your business; they are complete free to do so. Oh wait.

>I would only know how to do that if

It is impossible to do, so you definitely don't know how to do it under any circumstances. There is no one to one mapping between a set of finitely many points and a function.

None of the things you just listed (besides the government intervention) are a consequence of freedom.

What a shitty thread bitching about something that happened years ago. The Cred Forums retards who constantly whine about SJWs are consistently more obnoxious than any SJW.

*are a consequence of freedom of religion.

>I-i-i t-talked to him and he's a jerk!
lmao

...if the function is differentiable, read the whole post.

>every time both of them go over a gig
what are you using your browser for user?
what kind of addons are you using?

They can. They just can't explicitly say that it was because you were Jewish.

sure, im a SJW, but I think faggots are disgusting, and also feminazis