Fuchsia is going to kill Linux

Fuchsia is going to kill Linux and I am going to laugh so fucking hard when it happens.

Google is going to phase out the Linux kernel in all of its products, and that's pretty much 100% of the consumer Linux market. Next they will do servers, so RedHat and Canonical will die.

It's time for a return to true open source under truly permissive licenses.

github.com/fuchsia-mirror

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia

Based Pajeet lays down some truth: youtube.com/watch?v=VtHUwDjO3to

LINUXKUCKS ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!

>inb4 inane comments

Other urls found in this thread:

slashdot.org/story/313203
github.com/fuchsia-mirror/magenta/tree/master/kernel
github.com/littlekernel/lk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here's your

Let me tell you a little secret user.

BMI 39 and Paid Fuchsia/Google Shill are the same person.

>Google is going to phase out the Linux kernel in all of its products
No. You are retarded.

Hopefully this becomes a good alternative kernel/OS to use to avoid shit like SystemD.

>No. You are retarded.

No. You are retarded.

They aren't retarded, just in denial.

It's free software so I don't mind eventually using it.

Who do you think you're upsetting, OP?

>Cuck license
heheehehehehehehehe you are welcome to try as hard as you like, obese manchild lmao

GPL is going extinct.

Drink bleach.

how can you kill something which is dead already, loonix is dead

Fuchsia off OP

>((((((You))))))

Most Google projects are failures.

This will be no different.

Isn't this developed by a few Google coders as a side project and not officially by Google itself?

BOTNET

Is there any microkernel desktop os ?

Someone posted a working desktop in the last thread.

Here it is.

what the fuck is this

It's the future goy. Embrace it.

autism

MINIX 3
Anything with Hurd

Yeah, I'm sure Je-- sorry, Google working its tendrils into more shit is really going to result in a better world. They're so nice and they have your best interests at heart, don't they?

Retarded faggot

>Retarded faggot

I am going to have the UN deregister your DNS for posting this hate speech on the UN owned interwebs.

I'm optimistically enthusiastic to have another OS out there as well, but it's currently in the fetal stages. It's not going kill anything except Chrome OS or Android.

>It's time for a return to true open source under truly permissive licenses.
Google doesn't do any of these things btw. Certain parts will be closed off 100% guaranteed

>gui written in JS
hmmm

Those who can't do, meme.

>Certain parts will be closed off 100% guaranteed

Just like women's vaginas when you come around.

I'd be willing to give it a try, I actually like the look of Material Design (Dark Material in particular). I will be waiting until the OS can be installed from a simple image, I'm not going to compile all sorts of shit to get it working.

I'd much, MUCH rather redox kill linux, but linux needs to die. It's a chimera at this point and every part of it is broken to shit.
Linux was actually good in 2004. It wasn't the best, but it was significantly better than the competition in every aspect.
Nowadays, though, it's an unstable, unsafe piece of crap with critical bugs out the arse in the kernel like in userspace. Plus, with pootteringware and other garbage, it's just too far gone to recover at this point, where only gentoo is even remotely usable.

So why would I want either one? Fuchsia needs to loose and whorish for me to be interested because I'm only interested in whores.

The Linux foundation released Zephyr for embedded devices and only requires 8kb of RAM to run. How much more of a redux do you want?

>fuchsia
>brand new
>made by Google
>what else?

>Linux
>25 years of development
>maintained and contributed to by hundreds of thousands of developers around the world
>proven to be reliable and versatile
>works on a shit ton of hardware configurations
>a metric ton of software written for it
>a metric ton of systems relying on it

kys op

>25 years of development
>maintained and contributed to by hundreds of thousands of developers around the world

>apt upgrade
>reboot
>reinstall everything, next will work for sure :^)

Hilarious XD

>emerge -avuDN @world @system
>wait 10 hours
Everything still works.

From the video, it looks like fuchsia might be able to run linux and android programs natively. Most drivers are opensource or have opensource options, and google has lots of capital to entice proprietary devs to develop for them.
All in all, hardware and software-wise, I don't think fuchsia will have issues.
As for development time, cutting the fat usually helps every so often. A new OS is far overdue in my opinion.
Linux is almost most certainly not known to be reliable nor versatile, especially nowadays. It's merely known to be better than the competition but it has critical bugs everywhere which take over 3 years to find on average, for example.

Takes about 5 hours on my c2d desu

[arguments absent]

>Google is going to phase out the Linux kernel in all of its products, and that's pretty much 100% of the consumer Linux market.
Do home users stop being consumers if they install Linux manually? They need hardware and some software too. Where are you getting your statistics btw?

BOTNET BOTNET BOTNET GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sorry wrong board

Dude, stop being gay. Everyone knows desktop Linux is less than 1% of all consumer devices.

Kys nigger.

slashdot.org/story/313203

Turn yourself into a statistic

Desktops are less than 50% of devices now, and GNU/Linux is 2% of desktops. Do the math faggot.

>Implying google can engineer this shit to support as much hardware as linux or windows does
>Implying graphics drivers will be as good as os x/windows
>implying
I hope you enjoy buying your gBook pro featuring preinstalled hardware botnet.

>android
>linux

when will this meme die?

Not an argument.
This is, and you know it's going to be shit because of this

>open video
>shitskin with heavy accent
>close video

Why do so many android related videos have shitskins?

>And it's called FOOHSHIYAH
>I duhn no why ids called this budbud google comes oud wid sum crazzy things

Fucking pajeets man.

>abandoned in two years top like every google product
Enjoy your brand new memekernel while it lasts

Just like Android, ChromeOS, Chrome Browser, Google Search, Google Translate, Google Play, and Google Maps, you fucking faggot.

>ChromeOS
pretty much abandoned
>Google Search
>Google Translate
>Google Play
That's Google. You expect Google to abandon itself? I'm talking about side projects.
>Google P(l)ay
That shit makes them a gozillion shekels every second, and it's the only reason they've not abandoned Android yet (other than datamining). You don't really want to compare that shit to Fuchsia, right?

Android started out as a piece of shit that ran or dumbphones with physical keyboards.

Linux user here, how can I install GNOME 3?

If it's FOSS and can run GNOME 3 then I might use it.

Thing is it's system calls are all open source so Linux can just emulate it like it does countless other open systems.

>yfw fuschia is developed on ubuntu

Is any of these worth to try ?

>Escher requires Vulkan, and currently only builds on Linux. In order to build Escher, you need:

HOLY SHIT LINUX PERMANENTLY BTFO

FREETARDS ON SUICIDE WATCH DOCTORS HAVE TAKEN AWAY THEIR BELTS AND SHOELACES

>muh lincucks

In a VM? Sure, why not? As a daily OS? No unless you hate yourself.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

live free or die, user

How's it like being inbred, timmy? Tell us your story!

Not an argument.

No. Go try redox, though. It's great! It even already has a GUI and some basic programs.

>truly open source under truly permissive license
kek, in other words it will die because every greedy company will keep their code for themselves

anyway, so is this going to be written in enterprise java and require 200 MB for the kernel?

If this ever gets a popper release, it's gonna be interesting to see if the file hashes from the "official" builds are the same as those compiled from source. I'd be willing to bet google will stick some sort of tracking shit into their images, that are not in the public source code.

>Fuchsia is going to kill Linux
Microsoft here. We'll never let that happen!

> microkernel
> UI written in JS
> IPC written in god damn Dart

>Dude, stop being gay. Everyone knows desktop Linux is less than 1% of all consumer devices.
Nobody is even trying to say otherwise you fucking idiot. If desktop in general is a minority then of course one OS option in it won't be the majority. People are still consumers even if they purchase products and then alter them later, so even those who haven't been able to purchase Linux PCs but installed it after are consumers who are using Linux. They are not developers or sysadmins because of that, they are still consumers. There are consumer software that works in Linux, like Spotify. That's not Android-only and they felt the need to make it anyway to cater to consumers who are Linux users. There's no way to twist it to make the claim "Google has 100% of consumer Linux market" true, even if you try to forget the places that sell preinstalled Linux laptops.

Holy shit you're salty. Roll my foreskin back and suck down some piss to get your salts down you salty dog. Daddy is here for you.

>Firefox, Chromium and Libreoffice need updating

Thank you for this.

Hopefully people will remove Richard the toe fungus bastard from Cred Forums.

>not using firefox-bin, chromium-bin and libreoffice-bin

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

>using shitty precompiled garbage

Is the GUI really written in JS? That's a fucking disaster waiting to happen.

Electrum seems to work fine in Atom :^)

>That's a fucking disaster waiting to happen.

Just like your sex life, because it hasn't started yet.

>I can't counter any of that so here's me acting gay
Figures. Now go add some bleach to your cereals.

and what does fuchsia bring to the table in order to be more reliable and versatile than Linux?

why does fuchsia get so much attention while seL4 doesn't?

most of the time those threads are about Linux being hard for retards or android (which is a whole OS not just a kernel) has subpar performance

unless Google moves away from java nothing on Android is gonna change performance wise

>and what does fuchsia bring to the table in order to be more reliable and versatile than Linux?
Microkernel design, meaning the kernel can be so small every single person in the world could potentially completely audit it within an hour. Of course, you still have as much code total (or thereabout), but since shit's isolated away from the kernel, the potential damage is nothing by comparison and it's much easier to disable a subsystem if it's faulty.

>why does fuchsia get so much attention while seL4 doesn't?
Because google. An OS with no programs and no hardware support is pointless. Google has the manpower and capital to prevent such an issue.

>
most of the time those threads are about Linux being hard for retards or android (which is a whole OS not just a kernel) has subpar performance
[citation needed]

>unless Google moves away from java nothing on Android is gonna change performance wise
Fuchsia uses dart and C rather than java. Not that I see any point in that comment anyway.

>commie license
Footskin eating, freedom hating faggot

>linux
>reliable

I have to agree with the microkernel design, it's more secure and faster too (very cheap system calls)

>Fuchsia uses dart and C rather than java. Not that I see any point in that comment anyway.
I'm referring to the rest of the environment. An OS is more than just a kernel
Will they throw away the java environment they developed for Android and create a new one in C/Dart/Go?

Many Android developers would either lose their job or have to adapt.

They are probably going to port ART to it.

It's slower, actually, but modern micro-kernel optimizations make it so the difference is not noticeable.

> Being this butt hurt.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Just use Gentoo retard.

Nice gif. Thanks!

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting for another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Just Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system GNU/Linux, and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Just Linux system, developed by the Just Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Just Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called GNU/Linux distributions are really just distributions of Just Linux.

I thought Fuchsia was an rtOS. Maybe it will compete with Linux on that space but most rtOS implantations aren't using Linux anyway.

It's a general-purpose OS.

I have seen this thread weekly, but can't give any news on the topic. Where is the "product" in the first place and what is the killer feature? Google literally runs on Linux and one of the greatest contributor. Deal with it.
>implying Google can code safely
Stagefright.

Hold your breath until then.

keks

Maybe never.

:^)

>Not an argument.
Welcome on the board marine.

Have you tried getting your IQ past the single digits?

>implying

He could use slackware instead.

>There are people retarded enough to believe google is making a new OS from scratch for the declining desktop market
fuschia is going to go into Google watches or some shit, people who think its for desktops or replacing android which is already well established and has a thriving developer don't know how business works

>Google literally runs on Linux and one of the greatest contributor.

Not even Top 10 lmfao.
Company Changes Percent of total
Intel 14,384 12.9%
Red Hat 8,987 8.0%
None 8,571 7.7%
Unknown 7,582 6.8%
Linaro 4,515 4.0%
Samsung 4,338 3.9%
SUSE 3,619 3.2%
IBM 2,995 2.7%
Consultants 2,938 2.6%
Renesas Electronics 2,239 2.0%

captain beard is an india tek syncidate is truly dead

>Windows 10 released
>HAHA, SAY GOODBYE TO LINUX!
>New OS X released
>HAHA, SAY GOODBYE TO LINUX!
>Fuchsia gets released
>rinse, wash and repeat

Good luck with that OP.

Are you clinically retarded?

Without akpm...

You must be newfag if you don't get it.

So you are clinically retarded.

He could use arch with eudev too.

Why are None and Unknown two separate categories?

What is this trash. It looks like some polygenderd fagkin threw up on a ui.

None: independent.
Unknown: either independent or not independent.

Whatever.

not an argument
O
T
An argument.
N
Argument
R
U
M
E
N
T

>An argument.
Why the full stop here?

Poo in loo

Not an argument.

Says who?

I felt like Linux was the future, now i see the truth, long live to Fuchsia! who is with me?

I thought it was going to kill/replace Android.

GIB ME DAT FREE SHIT CRACKAA
Fucking Nigger

Linux did fine before Android and will do fine after.

So where is the link, assholes?

Not sure if retarded or lobotomized.jpg

Thanks Bro! I love Microsoft

Who wrote this from Google?

Linux is dead man just let it go

Fucking retard

>It's time for a return to true open source under truly permissive licenses.
Who left? BSD4LYF buddy.

>be google
>start new cool project
>people don't get into it during the first couple of months
>scrap it and fire everyone working on it

So what do you think will happen with Fuschia? All the projects that have worked out for google have introduced something new to the market. We already have a backdoor-ridden OS filled with numerous bugs. It's called Windows 10.

I'm 100% ok with this, kernel regressions are the bane of Android stability.

Why does it seem so many people on Cred Forums want to see Linux destroyed?

>literal semen demons

>It's another chrome OS with no GUI, no apps, no drivers and written in dart
Might as well use BSDs

0/10

>Fuchsia
literally who?

12 year olds hate competition. Hurts their brain when they need to think for themselves.

sage

i'll bite

Says what constitutes an argument.

Wait is this serious?

This looks like it was made in MS Paint.

Holy shit I am laughing so hard right now.
Didn't know autism levels like this are possible.
Thanks, bmi 39 cuck

Wall?

Become an hero

>Microkernel
Fucking dropped. It will never be good.

You really thing this will outweigh Linux?
It's stable enough as it is. Linux is meant for computation, not speed, ergo it's for the more important things. As far as I'm concerned Chrome OS is far enough, and it's not even their own creation, just a shitty distro. Plus, the amount of hardware in need of support would be drastic if they planned on releasing now, and if that's also limited to Google products only, that's going to still leave it strong on servers that aren't owned by Google corporate, etc. and that means it'll still be able to work on supercomputers, normal computers, and the support it has garnered and number of people working on it at any given moment outweigh that of what Fuchia can garner.

It's familiar, it's stable, and it's meant for a certain kind of people. Fuchia will just become Windows level of locked down with a stolen kernel with a new name. There'll still be a reliance, dependence, and love for Linux, whether Google or your shill self like it or not.

>github.com/fuchsia-mirror/magenta/tree/master/kernel
>github.com/littlekernel/lk

>fuchsia's kernel is _literally_ a minimal "fork" of the linux kernel

>fuchsia is going to kill linux
>fuchsia is going to kill itself
oh yes it will, it will be dead even before its a thing, mark my words google shills!

No one with self respect will ever install this

If people will install BSD for desktop use, people will install this.

The Redox guys actually seem to have a strong team behind the kernel + userland development, I really hope they don't burn out and it becomes a hardware usable platform. I actually want to pick up Rust to help them out somehow.

>shills
>plural

It's a 40BMI manlet obese manchild with parents as the only "friends"

Still going to use gnu+linux because that operating system will be shit spyware.

Screencap this post.

> enthusiasts of open, free software
> company known for developing good, public minded shit comes along
> company provides alternative to our favorite free software

sounds great m80 why would anyone be upset about this? most of this thread is either pointing out why they might not like it, and the other half is like "sounds great I'll give it a try"

I think it's cool, it's clearly intended more for real time embedded applications than the desktop, although it would certainly have its usages there. writing it in C seems like they're not really wishing to push boundaries though, and it's being used to prop Dart up, which they should just let die.

Newsflash, Newsflash:
General purpose is slightly less useful than a specialized operating system for a specific usecase.
Autists think the sky is falling!

lol I made this as a goof for a screenshot thread

I mean I didn't even use the name Fuchsia because I forgot that was what it was called

>wait 10 hours
Are you incapable of doing other things while you wait?

The inspriation was from my own desktop if you were wondering

eyecancer

You don't understand how DNS:s work, do you? Or was that a simple joke I failed to understand because it was not even a tiny bit funny?

Keeps me up at night when doing work. That's also why I always keep a dark theme for my phone

It was a fucking obvious joke, retard.
Nevertheless, icann could theoretically ban your IP regardless of your ISP's opinion.

Figured the same user lol. Laughed at the fact that he said "deregister your _DNS_" XD

Correction: you cannot deregister users but websites with reserved domains. i.e remove the website IP from the lookup tables of the DNSes. You don't simply remove a DNS for just one domain.

How does me not enjoying a boring joke make me a retard? Baka

this board desperately needs IDs

Did they include bash as the shell? I don't get it. They have a chance to create a modern open source operating system with a shell that doesn't suck ass and they blow it.

Isn't it all free wtf do u mean consumer market gtfo

Dumbass

Systemd botnet, vs Google botnet. Idiot.

Arch is a lost cause. He could use void, or any BSD.

It needs operating system flags

>> company known for dropping projects when they get bored of them
fixed

find the samefag

>learn how to operate computer and stop pretending it operates itself
>set computer up properly and use a mainstream distro with a large amount of support from both the community and major developers instead of some underground shit that has a very niche tiny community
>apt upgrade
>everything works fine
Wow it's almost like your computer acts as retarded as you are!

> using the smiley with a carat nose

>and what does fuchsia bring to the table in order to be more reliable and versatile than Linux?

reliability and versatility are not important for normies

99% doesn't know linux
100% knows google

> sharp dildos

Google is going to cuck you neets hard.

>normies are going to download and install a new OS because it's Google
Ya, OK

so can I install this in a VM yet or something?

Just like Google Reader, Google Picasa, Google Wave, Google Code, Orkut, Google Talk, Desktop Search and Google Answers.

Go to bed, moot.