Which is better, Cred Forums?

which is better, Cred Forums?

SSD for your OS and installed proramms, HDD for your data. now shut the fuck up with this bait crap

SSDs are now larger than HDDs

As if you can walk into a store and buy one of those new enterprise 15TB enterprise SSDs that cost aroung $10k. Even 1TB SSDs cost way too much.

>better

what use case you fucking retard

WRONG!

SSD is far superior now since the lifespan of an ssd is longer than even your own.

HDDS will last what? 10 years TOPS if you are lucky, a good SSD like the 850pro and above will last hundreds of years with normal usage.

Right now im moving all my data online and im gonna keep my external 4tb hdd running backups until it dies or when i can replace it with a 4TB ssd.

my only disk will be my sm961 1TB. (which btw can handle 500PB of writes before it dies.

yea but HDD's are cheap

checkmate autists

>poorfag

sure, but slow as shit.

id rather run 2x 32gb ssds (which btw where the cheapest thing on the planet) then run a big hdd.

now before you get your pussies in a know, this is my work pc so i dont need the space and they are leftovers from my mining rigs, but the point still fucking stands, even the cheapest shittiest ssd running on a computer that cost me like 200$ is way better than having a big hdd.

enjoy your 1 hour windows updates lol, mine take a few minutes

>id rather run 2x 32gb ssds
I'm no poorfag but to buy all my HDD space (~10TB) as SSDs will hit me in the wallet nonetheless

>enjoy your 1 hour windows updates lol, mine take a few minutes
>he updates his windows
enjoy your botnet, now irregardless of the version installed

>irregardless

>being a prescriptivist

Data recovery on SSD is virtually impossible.

>Windows 10
Opinion discarded

I'm sold

Data recovery is easy if you back your shit up like a smart person. Or you can pay thousands of dollars getting someone to scan your HDD for data when the disk fails.

kek

>one can last a couple decades
>the other lasts maybe 10 years max
I'll keep my HDD, thank you very much.

there's a difference between being descriptivist and simply an idiot

HDDs don't fail when left unpowered. Magnetic storage doesn't degrade.

SSDs, however, fail when left unpowered for long periods of time. Flash storage degrades, and this is relative to its operating and power-off temperatures. Pic related, with an active temperature of 25C and and power-off temperature of 55C, data only last one single week before cells start leaking electrons.

> Pic related
It doesn't seem like the key thing has been labelled - what do the numbers other than the temperature even indicate?

And what kind of SSD is this table about? TLC?

SSD for computer
HDD for storage
personally I PXE boot off Iscsi that loads my OS and programs onto my SSD

you watched that DEFCON lecture as well?
yeah, this is actually the biggest selling point. forensic analysis of SSDs is impossible because it shifts sectors around the physical disc for wear levelling. hard drives will keep data that can be recovered even with a few gutman passes and lets face it, people arnt going to be running these constantly.

My HDD is 10 years old, works fine

Wrong
>HDD
>unplug and store for 5 years
>works fine

>SSD
>unplug and store for 5 years
>massive data loss

Perfect. SSD > HDD for that alone.

this. if you have a chance to throw your SSD in the microwave before getting v&, there wont be any evidence against you