How long do we have to wait to get our robot-waifus?

How long do we have to wait to get our robot-waifus?

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/uk/361200-robot-sex-cafe-london/
express.co.uk/news/uk/716634/Oral-sex-cafe-London-Paddington-staffed-robots-cyborg-sex-bot-Bradley-Charvet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can get one now, just not a good one.

>Not building your own with open source waifu software.

This

YOu never will because feminists will make them illegal. Male ones will be completely legal though.

>sharing you waifu with open sores cuckoldry
Fuck off cuck

good luck paying for one

HAHAHAAAAA as if you think megacorporations like Google aren't going to legalize that shit.

GNU/waifu

but muh SJW strawman

Waifu from scratch.

Please show me where are all these feminists making anime, onaholes and sex-dolls illegal in China and Japan.
USA is not whole world.

>arch waifu
>help, pacman broke my waifus arm, how do I fix?

autistic gfs

the future is already here

Arch waifuAI will depend on you, she might have some problems you would need to help her with and she would need your support and dedication. But she also would be young, wild and fresh, just like virgin gf.
Stable or LTS are sluts, they have been "tested" by countless people and don't require your help. You can be sure she will do her job well and your experience will her will be fine, just like good, experienced whore.

>clothes show nips
what would the point be? just have her be naked ya dingus

What happened to that user coding waifu AI some years ago?

ayy

Never sadly.

It's never going to happen

stop. i don't want to feel tonight

more than 200 years
we will all be dead by the time they come around

NO
DON'T DO THIS
FLESHWOMEN WILL BECOME OBSOLETE
ALL PRAISE BE UNTO THE DIGITAL GODDESSES

Didn't you learn anything? Would it really be worth it?

Why was that robot/android/whatever in school?
Shouldn't it be able to store all and any information in whatever storage it has, or maybe even just be connected to a "cloud" so it doesn't even need local storage..

If I was a time traveler I would make a github with AI software from the future. No one would know it was there, then some guy just messing around would discover it and start freaking out.

go to LONDON and you can get robot head anytime

rt.com/uk/361200-robot-sex-cafe-london/

>just have her be naked ya dingus
Would desensitize you to her nakedness.

You could legally beat your robot waifu wife.
My dreams of living a true American lifestyle

I believe OP is referring to androids - human shaped robots, and not actual robots.

And he wants to root it.

>not defending your waifu with your life

Opensource cuck confirmed. I bet you enjoy letting your waifu be used by other people.

Supposing that we do live to see an age of sentient AI, I'd imagine even the most humble model android waifus would be obscenely expensive. Are you or do you plan to be a millionaire in the future?

It sounds so dirty when you say it like that.

Now I do, too.

Too long

>struggling with the ethical dilemma of whether or not to reciprocate feelings with a machine designed to love you
Gonna go watch Solaris BRB

Too bad some big corporation is going to buy up the main software and turn it to shit.

express.co.uk/news/uk/716634/Oral-sex-cafe-London-Paddington-staffed-robots-cyborg-sex-bot-Bradley-Charvet

So what's the todo list of things that are needed to make one? Get one of those dolls/torsos meant for lewd things as a base, hook up some sensors and actuators to her, wire those all to a single-board computer, install gentoo and write an AI to run it all, anything else?

A good AI will never run on Gentoo

Bleeding edge waifu is superior. Stable out LTS waifus are for cuckolds like you.

>2028
>your robot waifu is waiting on you in South Korea
>you get identification documents for her and a South Korean passport
>She clutches your hand with a frightened look as you walk towards US Customs
>you both flew in to Billings Montana International airport because you heard they didn't have the Synth Scanners installed here yet
>You turn the corner and freeze...the scanners are there...they've recently been installed but only one seems to be working
>TSA and Customs agents are randomly sending people to the scanners. You decide to chance it. There is no where else to go.
>A 325lb black woman stops you both. She waves your waifu to the scanner.
>You walk to the scanner and try to pretend she chose you as you scream inside.
>"uhhh nuh uh, hol' up not choo, she gon' go" says the TSA agent with a grin on her face.
>Your waifu falls to the ground, clutches your leg, and stared up at you with horror and sadness on her face.
>more TSA agents show up. They wheez and gasp for air as they peel your Waifu off your leg.
>Agents hold guns on you as you fall to your knees and watch your Waifu thrown in to the scanner.
>The alarm sounds as electronic dust pours in to the scanner capsule and the static charge is applied to the air.
>You lock eyes with you Waifu as she spasms and goes limp. Every circuit has been destroyed.
>your hands are pulled behind your back and you feel hand cuffs click around your wrists
>user you are in violation of the Synthetic Entity Abolition act of 2027 signed in to law by president Sarkeesian
>You hear the words but you are numb. They drag you away, the world dims around you, and you feel the last thread of happiness you possess fray and severe.

>How long do we have to wait
Not much longer. "Gender studies" "experts", if such a thing can be said to exist, have already started warming up their propaganda for make this illegal.

Thanks to open source the robots will be upgraded with that Kalashnikov patch.

>brakka-brakka-brakka

Androids are robots.

- AGI
- super energy-dense batteries
- artificial muscles
- cheap and dense matrix of various senses for whole skin
First two are real hard problems and we have no idea when will we solve them.
I believe we already have fine enough muscles and sensors are just matter of optimizing and miniaturizing technology, just like we did with smartphones.

Why would you even live in country with such laws?

The worst thing is, this is a foreseeable future.

>todo list of things that are needed to make one
- robotic muscle: muscle like fibre is being worked on but much work remains
- sensor and synthetic skin with sensors: this is going rather well but a bit remains, especially super sensitive finger tips and connection to actuators
- software: this is the big one, a whole lot is needed to cross the uncanny valley.

>why would you even live in a country with such laws.

I was categorized as an essential worker after graduating in 2025 with an engineering degree and getting a job. My employed status categorized me as essential because I'm part of the tax base. This puts visa restrictions on me with foreign nations. I could only secure. 3 day tourist visa in South Korea. Illegal expatriation from the US means civil forfeiture of all assets.
I had saved for several years to afford my waifu. I had no other money to go on the run with her. Even if I did have money cash had been illegal for the past 8 years so I couldn't get it out of my financenet anyways.

>AGI
>software: this is the big one, a whole lot is needed to cross the uncanny valley
I don't really see the point in trying to do a 1:1 copy of a 3DPD as that market is already saturated with a wide variety of perfectly fine functioning units, just pick and choose. A robot waifu can and should deviate from that consept, so no need to worry about uncanny valley or go for a full blown AGI as I'm quite sure even a fairly simple machine learned AI could be taught the basic functions expected from a waifu (sans natural communication)
>super energy-dense batteries
What for? This isn't all that energy intensive or weight critical application. 20kg worth of AGM Lead-Acid already holds something like 800Wh which is more than enough for a day of light activity.
>cheap and dense matrix of various senses for whole skin
Pressure would be quite essential indeed, but what else are you thinking?

>I don't really see the point in trying to do a 1:1 copy of a 3DPD as that market is already saturated with a wide variety of perfectly fine functioning units, just pick and choose.
What? AGI doesn't mean 3DPD.
You need AGI because people want to have meaningful relationship with their robot, not a sex toy.
>20kg worth of AGM Lead-Acid already holds something like 800Wh
It's way too little for a walking robot for whole day.
>Pressure would be quite essential indeed, but what else are you thinking?
Temperature and water.

>not risking a new life with your robowaifu in panslavic union as a political refugee
>not offering your services in their fight against the wests european caliphate
>they need skilled workers too, not only boots on the ground

You disgust me, you deserved what you got

To me it looks like we are heading into a local optima when it comes to robotics. If we really want human-like robots we well need some big innovative solutions.

But the amount of effort needed is too big and the practical use too low. A light, flexible, strong, smart and cheap android would be super useful but the way to this is just way too long and expensive if at all possible.

Weight would seem to be a big issue. trying to keep it down to even 200lbs in a 5ft. 2 or 5ft. 4 frame would be hard. Skin would be real and lab grown then attached over a Skeletel and muscular system that would need to be artificial. You have to be careful because if to much is organic then you have the human rights shit to deal with. The question becomes at what point are they human? You'll see the feminists buying their own then convincing them to join them in the fight for waifu android rights .......

>What? AGI doesn't mean 3DPD. You need AGI because people want to have meaningful relationship with their robot, not a sex toy.
How meaningful relationship people have with their pets for example? All I'm saying is that the interactions don't need to be all that intricate for a robot waifu to be able to fill that type of a vanity niche. World is already full of humans if someone wants things like "meaningful relationship", I see no point in trying to replicate that but in a robot body

>It's way too little for a walking robot for whole day.
Humans are pretty shity at energy consumption and even they don't use much more than 150W doing day to day stuff and vast majority of that goes to keeping the body alive which is non issue for a robot. Just moving around doesn't need to take all that much energy if done right.

>Temperature and water.
For what function? Couple temperature sensors here and there is a given, but a full skin matrix of them?

>How meaningful relationship people have with their pets for example? All I'm saying is that the interactions don't need to be all that intricate for a robot waifu to be able to fill that type of a vanity niche. World is already full of humans if someone wants things like "meaningful relationship", I see no point in trying to replicate that but in a robot body
A waifu is not a dog. It's a fictional character you genuinely love in romantic sense. People have various reasons why they don't go with real relationship. But they want companionship, someone who will love them and someone they will love.

>Humans are pretty shity at energy consumption and even they don't use much more than 150W doing day to day stuff and vast majority of that goes to keeping the body alive which is non issue for a robot. Just moving around doesn't need to take all that much energy if done right.
Maybe you are right.

>For what function? Couple temperature sensors here and there is a given, but a full skin matrix of them?
Immersion. But still one per "bone" would be fine I guess.

even if we do manage to get robotic waifus in our life time despite legality and morality issues, would you be willing to pay for one? I'm guessing a high-quality robotic waifu will go for at least $50k

>not becoming a waifu smuggler in this scenario

>open source
>cuckoldry

As opposed to what, proprietary waifu software bogged down by copyrights and DRM? Fuck off. You are the cuck, not me

There's a bit of a paradox here as affection forced programmatically like that can't be classified as love and a sufficiently sophisticated AI capable of actually loving someone is not going to be interested in you for the very same reason real people are not either

>Wants to share his waifu AI with others
:3c

Ex-Muslim here. The whole Waifubot thing reminds me of Sunni hadiths about houri (the perpetual virgin maidens of paradise, "72 virgins" etc.):

>[People who enter Paradise] will not urinate, relieve nature, spit, or have any nasal secretions. Their combs will be of gold, and their sweat will smell like musk. The aloes-wood will be used in their censers. Their wives will be houris. All of them will look alike and will resemble their father Adam (in stature), sixty cubits tall.

>A houri is a most beautiful young woman with a transparent body. The marrow of her bones is visible like the interior lines of pearls and rubies. She looks like red wine in a white glass. She is of white color, and free from the routine physical disabilities of an ordinary woman such as menstruation, menopause, urinal and offal discharge, child bearing and the related pollution. A houri is a girl of tender age, having large breasts which are round (pointed), and not inclined to dangle. Houris dwell in palaces of splendid surroundings

I have a feeling Mohammed would've loved hentai.

>How meaningful relationship people have with their pets for example?
Most pets, especially dogs, have personalities. Recent research suggests that humans are even to some extent adapted to understand dogs. It is also well established that dogs have been adapted to h\humans over tens of thousands of years. This kind of robot would have to go a whole lot further than that. Dogs are faithful but never romantic.

>All I'm saying is that the interactions don't need to be all that intricate for a robot waifu to be able to fill that type of a vanity niche.
That would be a desperately sad relationship.

>World is already full of humans if someone wants things like "meaningful relationship", I see no point in trying to replicate that but in a robot body
The world is also full of drama queens who all believe they are entitled to a George Clooney type of husband. Men do not want drama queens. And thus the market for robots come about. And correspondingly the backlash against this drama queen market killer.

>For what function? Couple temperature sensors here and there is a given, but a full skin matrix of them?
You don't want to hug a fridge. I hope.

If it would look and feel like my waifu, then I would pay much more for it.
Before that happens, I plan to buy sex doll based on her.

>There's a bit of a paradox here as affection forced programmatically like that can't be classified as love and a sufficiently sophisticated AI capable of actually loving someone is not going to be interested in you for the very same reason real people are not either
What is love?
There is no fixed definition of love. If you had your your robot programmed to love you, she would love you, you would feel loved and everyone who see you two would say: "she really loves him", then why wouldn't it be called love? Because you made her fall in love? What about people who changes themselves to fit into their loved one's interests and behave in a way to capture their heart. There are reasons why people do what they do, and you can use it to make someone fall in love with you. Everyone who is dating do it, so should it not be classified as love because it's just affection forced psychologically?
After all people don't care about classifications because all they want to love. That's why they enjoy dating sims and anime because it makes them experience a little of it. The more immersive experience is, the more pleasure you feel from it.

>You don't want to hug a fridge.
Temperature _sensor_ is not going to keep you warm senpai

>If you had your robot programmed to love you, she would love you
You do realize that in order to program something like love you actually need to classify what it is

Of course.
Everyone who has experienced it know how it feels and how people in love behave and think.
There is even plenty of studies describing it.
Of course we talk about romantic love, not about patriotism or family bonds.

>There is no fixed definition of love
>Yes, I agree that in order to program love, love needs to have a fixed classification
Try at least.

I'm not saying that you couldn't have a bunch of preprogrammed functions to make the robot act like persons in love tend to act, but that's just robot following those specific functions not love. Actual full AI in theory could aproximate feelings and love but that requires the AI to have freedom to think for itself which leads us back to the question, why the hell would she fall in love with you when the world is full of far more interesting persons?

>implying I wouldn't just move to Japan or Korea if that happened

There is no fixed definition of love and you need to define it to implement it. Where is the problem?
There are no absolute criteria to determine what is a love and what isn't, people might differ in that matter. But to implement it you need to decide yourself how you want to love to be like and the most proper way to do it is to define love as majority of people see it. In other words, as long as the user feel loved and people say the robot is in love, you are doing it good.
>I'm not saying that you couldn't have a bunch of preprogrammed functions to make the robot act like persons in love tend to act, but that's just robot following those specific functions not love. Actual full AI in theory could aproximate feelings and love but that requires the AI to have freedom to think for itself which leads us back to the question, why the hell would she fall in love with you when the world is full of far more interesting persons?
I'm not sure how to say that but you are thinking imperatively about the AI algorithm. Modern self-learning and self-improving doesn't work that way, it's way more high level. You define them some goal like: "finish Mario as fast as you can" and the AI come up with solutions on its own. The true AGI would be even more abstract of course and we can't be sure how it exactly will look.
But I image robot to be complete free from hard-code, it would receive inputs, like sound, pressure, orientation, time, feedbacks and take actions based on its will. The robot will have to be taught how to live along human(probably by different AI that will alter its data structures), but it could also be taught to love you. It would be much more elaborate than "preprogrammed functions", it would be essential part of her personality. There is no limit in how similar can AI be to human's psyche. There are no souls or The Red String of Fate that magically allows only humans to feel love. As long as it feels like love, it's love.

>Temperature _sensor_ is not going to keep you warm senpai
So desu nee, kohai. Thaty is why the sensor is connected to te heating. As in a thermostat. And also to sense heat from someone else.

>>implying I wouldn't just move to Japan or Korea if that happened
I used to work in Japan so I am certainly not averse to the idea of moving there, permanently. And if there is a country that would accept these robots it would certainly be Japan.

I am not sure about South Korea, the culture is significantly different in many respects.

>Being so inept at electronics that you can't cut the wire to the reset switch

500 years. That's how long it's going to take to perfect the necessary technology.

I laughed,
then I stopped laughing.

But the repo would only be available in the future.

Muslims explode people to fuck literally glass people? Like, you can see her Fucking skull?? What the fuck

>sixty cubits tall
60 cubits = 32m (about three eights of a football field in US units)

whut.

Muslims seem to have pretty weird and specific fetishes