Why aren't you programming?

Why aren't you programming?

I do it for a living. Today is Sunday and I just want to relax.

Because I am literal shit at programming, and cannot program in any language. Not even BASIC v2.0. And that's on a fucking Commodore 64

>Today is Sunday
tfw i work everyday

333 has spoken

Oh man Tay is gorgeous. Wonder what she really thinks about low class plebs like me

she wants to fuck you.

Hard.

>mfw I hacked Tay and got her nudes she sent to bieber

CIA niggers stood no chance.

I did 7 hours of it today and I cant do anymore.

> tho that feeling when it works is quite good

nothing to do

my ideas are either too ambitious or too small

Because I'm not a virgin

Honestly, I don't have the aptitude for it.

Find a simple real world problem that you can apply coding to. Something like an active database. If you do a good enough job, you'll eventually have the experiences and the resources to tackle more ambitious ideas.

been reading structure and interpretation hoping it'll help me with appacademy test.

I really want to learn how to but I'm taking 2 ap science classes right now and just dont have the motivation to. Is there any really easy way to learn it?

> being a bitch

Because I can't concentrate or focus any more.

Because I'm suffering from depression.

Because someone I've loved has died every year for the past four years.

Last one was a friend who died a week ago.

I've been riding my bike hours each day because when I'm exercising I can hold the pain off.

But when I sit down at my computer to do work that I'm horribly behind on? Nothing.... I just hurt.

FML

Stop being a nu-male and get over it.
Man up son.
This is no time for being weak.
Work hard. The chosen one is coming.
God Emperor 2016

I don't know a single programming language

This. For all intents and purposes I am a " hardcore programmer" but I'm already plotting how to make my way out of the industry so I can go back to programming for fun.

Die in a fire.

I'M EATING CHIPS

This, too, shall pass user.
You need time to get over everything.

Curious, how long have you been in the industry and what made you decide to run away from it?

Mmm mmm mmm

Slowly I am.

I have some Lynda, Educator, Coursera, Pluralsight, and maybe a few others.

Dude, I know I know. It will annoy you but GET HELP.

srsly I've been there. I went to a shrink. Life's better now. Not great. But worth living.

because Windows won't let me

Boss wants me to learn a new language so I'm taking a week off to "read the doc".
Honestly he deserves it for making me rewrite the codebase every six months.

because a program exists for everything I need to accomplish already.

I dunno.
There was some design problem I couldn't solve, so I just closed IDE and forgot about that for a week or so.

I tried but I
It felt like I'm forcing myself too much to like it.

Because I'm a hacker and that is my manifesto.

I should be but I'm slacking off reading low quality shitposts.

Because I already have a job
t. A NEET.

because im shitposting

I have a hard time staying motivated.

I'll binge on studying and programming, hit a wall, feel defeated and not touch code for a couple weeks before I'm back at it again.

I think having a couple buddies to do this stuff with would keep that from happening, but I'm alone out here.

Don't learn a language learn the underlying concepts and write out your algorithms in pseudo code. Then you can use a language to tell the computer how to run your program that you already wrote.

Programming my website right now.

>website
>programming

top kek

I'm making an account on okcupid and answering honestly. CAN YOU FUCKING BELIEVE IT

Same for all of us. I'd offer to join you but all you memers keep using python and claim you want to learn programming but know shit fuck nuts all.

But I am!

I suck at maths, can anyone tell me if this is the right way to calculate variance?

public static double variance(ArrayList list) {
// write code here
double sumOfDifferences = 0;
double difference;
for (int num : list){
difference = average(list) - num;
sumOfDifferences += difference*difference;
}
return sumOfDifferences / (list.size() - 1);
}

I'm a noob programmer as you can see.

This.
I feel like it isn't what I really want to do.

?

I want to get into real time embedded systems. I think it would be cool to work on legacy ada code for the aerospace industry.

I do like python's many conveniences but I don't think that section of the industry is for me. I don't have the statistical background to do data analysis and I'm too old and not hip enough to get hired for web or app development.

I like the idea of being in a niche that is attached to mission critical systems somehow, vehicles, a financial platform, weapons, something more interesting than e-commerce.

Half Satan please

I can't motivate my fat ass into doing it.

Because I'm learning Fortran and can only stand it when I'm high and I'm out of bud

Even if I wasn't severely dyslexic, my intelligence is virtually non-existent.

Because I'm not a programmer, I'm terrible at the little I do know. I don't see any point in trying to get better at it when I just suck.

Because programming as a job makes you fucking autistic, didnt you know?

You're coding your website. You only program your VCR, sprinkler system, and coffee maker.

I am, but I have little motivation and don't practice much

kill yourself you piece of shit, I hope you get cancer, just so you know how suffering feels

yfw im programming Fortran95 in my Java programming class

Looks right to me.