/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T43RtjNZFw0
github.com/pyllyukko/user.js
sites.google.com/a/mst.edu/price/courses/cs-1570/hw/2016/fall/assignment-05
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SATA_Data_Cable.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SATA_Ports.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SATA_Express_connectors_on_a_computer_motherboard.jpg
i.ebayimg.com/images/i/370464237973-0-1/s-l1000.jpg
massdrop.com/buy/smsl-a2-stereo-amplifier?mode=guest_open
dotnetfiddle.net/go4dxD
amazon.com/Sapphire-Profile-PCI-Express-Graphics-11215-06-20G/dp/B00J06F4HE
motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481
chromium.woolyss.com/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_superposition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement
youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_adapter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_adapter#Modes_of_operation
askubuntu.com/questions/636092/how-to-get-sudo-to-prompt-you-for-a-password-each-time
cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
computerworlduk.com/it-vendors/android-gets-sdxc-flash-driver-microsoft-gets-royalties-3389/
amzn.com/B01M1HY1E3.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I fell asleep last night with the windows lock screen up on my 2007 panasonic plasma tv.

The last time this happened it took a month of tv watching to make it go away. Is there any quick and easy way to get rid of it?

How do I achieve this wavy effect? Is it done in Audacity?
youtube.com/watch?v=T43RtjNZFw0

im out of the loop on HDD market since windows 98.

buying seagate/wdd 3TB HDD okay or nay?

So there is a program that uses RSA encryption for the communication. I have the public key, can I somehow get Wireshark to spit out the raw data rather than encrypted one? I assume since the program can decrypt the messages the public key should suffice but I'm not sure if there's a way to do that in Wireshark.

why doesn't Cred Forums use webp for images?

Seagate warranty sucks.

If you're going with a spinning disk go western digital or go home. Just be sure to get the write color for the job. If you use a WD Red or Green on a boot disk you belong in a prison.

no

You might try switching it over to antenna and letting it set on snow/noise for a bit.

I have 3 2.5in HDDs I inherited from someone for free. Not too sure as far as the health of these are concerned. What would be the best way to determine which one is the healthiest?

(Prefer a tool I could boot from, like Hiren's Boot. Not too sure what tool in Hiren's Boot would do this the best either.)

Do people still pop their collar?[spoiler][/spoiler]

I'd just make an Ubuntu live usb disk. Boot to the distro, apt install hdparm and then see which one has better reads/writes.

don't most tvs block that out by showing a blue screen?

Sweet, I'll give that a go. Luckily it looks like switching it to going over the air with no antennae has got me plenty of fuzz.

>plasma
you deserve this

in all seriousness, pull up some white noise shit. should fix it faster.
wd blue or black, or just get an ssd.
crystal disk info
this is dumb

I'll give er a whirl thanks user.

>this is dumb

You could use any linux based drive tester from the live environment. What's wrong with hdparm?

What do people use for making remuxes of a BD folder? Do they still use eac3to + a bunch of other autistic stand-alone tools or is MakeMKV good enough now? Is DTS-HD MA handling/decoding fully fixed?

do you guys recomend using this github.com/pyllyukko/user.js for firefox/palemoon/seamonkey? Or just with Ublock Origin i can have enough privacy?

>crystal disk info
Need something that's bootable. That runs on Windows. Not trying to install windows on a USB or on each HDD.

var track_image = "d";

function change(){
var image = document.getElementById("animal");
if (track_image='d'){
image.src = "cat.jpg";
track_image = "c";
} else {
image.src = 'dog.jpg';
track_image = 'd';
}
}

im fucking retarded guys. I can get the dog picture to turn into a cat picture but from there it wont go back to a dog one. What am I doing wrong here? Sorry if this is the wrong thread but I feel like im being retarded so it probably belongs here

>if(.. = ..)

Use ==

How can I become young again?

Eat healthy. Look up the harvard eating plate. You'll feel better everyday.

dude FUCK thanks i knew i was being retarded

So I haven't used C in awhile, why doesn't something like
#define CONSTANT 10
int x = CONSTANT;

work? Or is it just my IDE being retarded.

np you learn to spot really really fucking tiny mistakes being a programming tutor lol. Love giving epiphanies.

Whats a good place to get android VMs? I just want a 4.4 preferrably that doesnt lag as hell and is prerooted, or if anyone knows if I should select specific settings in VirtualBox I'd be thankful, I just selected Linux>other and left the rest as default. Host is W7 64 bits.

Is this normal? I don't think I've ever seen it before. Can anyone explain what it is?

Try casting it?

int x = (int)CONSTANT;

>snake case
kill yourself

I just started doing a web dev course i'm enjoying it but javascript is starting to fuck me

He says Cred Forums pass is 25% off, but it's still $15 on the webpage. Anyone know what's up?

my favorite is function vs. function invocation. jesus christ how many times will I fuck that up.

well, that was easy. Java's ruined me.

I recently put a fresh Windows 7 installation on my laptop, which I want to shrink down to 250GB. However, it looks like I can't shrink it down that far within W7's own partition manager due to unmovable files.

Does that mean it wouldn't be wise to boot into a live USB and shrink the volume down from outside with gparted? Or should that be fine?

I've never put together a computer before in my life

Everything was going fine until I had to figure out where to plug which drives where, and I'm going to use an m.2 setup
I don't even know what the difference between a SATA or a SATAe is, where do I plug my other ssd and my hdd into the motherboard

>Does that mean it wouldn't be wise to boot into a live USB and shrink the volume down from outside with gparted? Or should that be fine?
Yes, it would be unwise and would break things. Afaik there are methods for doing this but I can't remember them right now.

The hard part about learning JS as your first language is that it is event based.

When you start to learn other languages, they are most likely going to not be event based. The logic is much more like reading instructions on a paper.

I wouldn't. Personally, I would use windirstat to find the biggest files. If you have a few large (.sys?) files in your C:/ dir, you should turn off hibernation and decrease your virtual memory size.

Then see if it works.

Can someone explain to me how an ancient ass Windows 95 game like Earthworm Jim works just fine on Windows 10, but a game for a newer OS can break significantly on the very next version? Is it just Windows being Windows, or something else?

I just starteda software engineering course, and I've just missed 3 classes due to urgent family shit. I'm so fucking afraid that I'm totally lost already now

programmers got lazy. plus there's a lot more complex things going on behind the scenes in modern games as opposed to a simple game like earthworm jim.

The SATA plugs you ding dong.

SATAe is for external connections.

It boils down to the use of WinAPI in games. Probably the functions that these people used didn't really change so it's working.

this is a pretty damn general question. happens for different reasons for different software. for example, KOTOR works on old computers but doesn't work on modern ones because it doesn't work with multi-core processors, which didn't exist when it was made.

Oh, that makes a lot more sense. So let's suppose a game breaks on the next Windows, is the developer supposed to patch the game, or is Microsoft supposed to fix a potential bug?

Depends on what they covered. The kids I'm tutoring have just gotten to switch statements (after loops.)

If you can do this program you will be fine. Very hard school. This assumes you aren't ahead of the kids I'm teaching.
sites.google.com/a/mst.edu/price/courses/cs-1570/hw/2016/fall/assignment-05

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SATA_Data_Cable.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SATA_Ports.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SATA_Express_connectors_on_a_computer_motherboard.jpg

Also probably should look up which sata ports on your motherboard are SATA III.

The developer is expected to update the game because Microsoft decided to make a change to WinAPI that's not backwards compatible.

Its the developer's job. Windows would be a horrible company if they didn't have backwards compatibility for most programs, but its not their problem if some random faggot's software breaks on the new OS cause they didn't plan ahead.
Plus its not really a "bug" its just incompatible software. Its not a bug if you can't shove a graphics card in a usb slot.

I'm the guy with the weird ALT-TAB "No Signal" problem. It happened again but this time I didn't even ALT-TAB. It happened when I tried opening a video. I tried doing as the one user said and tried only pressing the power button once to see if it would turn off, but it didn't. So I had to do a long press.

Now the question is what's the problem? My motherboard used to have some bent pins before but I bent them back as best as I could. The computer has been stable so far but do you guys think these weird "No Signal" monitor disconnects are because of my motherboard and I didn't bend the pins correctly enough? Or is it my GPU that's the problem? I've already replaced it twice for other reasons so I can't see how it's the GPUs fault.

Thanks in advance for any answers, I'm seriously wondering what the fuck is going on. I feel like I just want to throw this computer away.

$('#dog').show();
$('#cat').hide();
$('#dog').click( function() { $('#dog').hide(); $('#cat').show(); } );
$('#cat').click( function() { $('#cat').hide(); $('#dog').show(); } );

>needing an entire bloat library to perform a trivial task that's not even convoluted with vanilla js

just fuck off retard, you're the reason why the web is shit nowadays, he's simply had a programming error (assignment inside of an if).

Whoops, almost forgot,

$('#dog').show();
$('#cat').hide();
$('#dog').click( function() { $('#dog').hide(); $('#cat').show(); } );
$('#cat').click( function() { $('#cat').hide(); $('#dog').show(); } );

kek

If you have an integrated GPU then try disabling the dedicated one and using the integrated one for a bit to see if the problem persists, if not, then you can rule out the GPU. I've no other advice though.

Turns out it's a pretty quick fix, I'm guessing related to virtual memory. Thanks for steering me away from just saying "Fuck it" and doing gparted though - I was pretty sure that'd work because I forgot...well, it's Windows.

Total audio idiot here. I have speakers that use these wires

i.ebayimg.com/images/i/370464237973-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

And want to buy this amp - massdrop.com/buy/smsl-a2-stereo-amplifier?mode=guest_open

How do I connect the two? thanks

I get it guy, jQuery has a learning curve and you already spent so much time learning JS that you just don't have it left in you to learn one more thing. Maybe it's time to get out of the business, maybe try accounting or something.

Unfortunately my CPU doesn't have an iGPU. It's a 5820K.

np. You can always clone it to another hdd and give 'er a whirl. But yeah, virtual memory is a safe bet.

Lol, he's saying that it would perform better without using jQuery. Also, the guy mentioned later that he's in a class, and I doubt the teacher would like him using jQuery.

fuck off back to san francisco retard

Is it reasonable to overclock on a Seasonic Bronze 520W PSU?

I always hear on Cred Forums how 500 watts are enough to power most systems, but can it also overclock to a good degree?

How can I use youtube-dl to go through a bunch of different channels one after the other? As in, I want to feed it say a dozen different channels to go through so I'm not having to do them individually one after another.

jQuery is cross browser tested and supported by all major browsers to be compatible. Straight JS is a mess and only a fool would spend countless hours testing across browsers and/or simply not having their programs work on certain browsers.

>Lol, he's saying that it would perform better without using jQuery.

not even that, it's just that there is no reason to add a 10k LoC dependency just to swap out an attribute of an element if the vanilla js api allows you to do so in a trivial way

What program acts as an equivalent to gigolo from ubuntu on windows 7? And what protocol do I need to take on the windows computer to enable ssh, similar to installing ssh-client and ssh-server on ubuntu? Also this is for LAN based ssh connections, strictly local.

Thanks Cred Forums love you long time.

It all depends on what other hardware you're using of course, you totally could, just be mindful of what you're doing. If you haven't already bough it though it would cost much more to get a better PSU though.

Again, he's coding a basic web dev program _FOR LEARNING_. You don't follow a jQuery tut to learn JS.

something like this? save it, fill in the array, change the youtube-dl params to whatever you need, set executable flag on the file and you're good to go

if your browser doesn't allow to do what he needs to do then it doesn't adhere to the standard and you should probably consider switching to a browser that's actually worth using

i do realize that but i'm extremely buttblasted when i see jquery apologists that think it's okay to add a fuckhuge dependency to achieve something that's otherwise trivially done with javascript without any libraries

woops forgot to post the code
#!/bin/sh
channels=(name, name, name)
for channel in "${channels[@]}"
do
youtube-dl --whatever $channel
done

> there is no reason to add a 10k LoC dependency just to swap out an attribute of an element

Because that dependency works across all browsers that support jQuery. Are there really people out there still using straight JS on web pages?

If that guy is taking a class and they aren't teaching him how things are done now, then he might as well drop out and start learning this stuff on his own and not graduate with a skillset that was replaced 10 years ago with something much better.

Installed clover on my g5
How do I fix this?

>you should probably consider switching to a browser that's actually worth using

Yes, because asking thousands of people to switch their browser because you refuse to support it is better than making something that works across all current and future browsers.

Use a system calculator to find out how much leeway you have.

Ah, yes that looks good. Thanks!

Anyone have any tips to insulate my PC case from rats?

>If that guy is taking a class and they aren't teaching him how things are done now, then he might as well drop out and start learning this stuff on his own and not graduate with a skillset that was replaced 10 years ago with something much better.

he still needs to learn the basic gist of the language, would you also recommend that someone learning c++ would start straight up with boost because it makes some things easier? and no, i'm not saying you shouldn't be using libraries, but use them where they are needed, you don't need an entire big ass library to swap out an attribute of an element and I doubt such a trivial task would even break in any browser that's worth a shit, but you're welcome to point me to any browser that's still in use today that'd break on:
document.getElementById('id').attr = value;

you see, this kind of logic got us into the mess in the first place, let's throw all standards out of the window and then write a library that's supposed to stitch what we've intentionally broken from day zero

I'm gonna level with you, this is a little bit "do muh homework Cred Forums"

I am reading page after page about data binding (context: Android application development class) and I just can't wrap my head around it.

Does it just turn layouts into view objects?
Does the activity onCreate not do this on its own?

tl;dr "What is data binding" for retards

>i do realize that but i'm extremely buttblasted when i see jquery apologists that think it's okay to add a fuckhuge dependency to achieve something that's otherwise trivially done with javascript without any libraries

I've been making web pages since 1999. jQuery is a gift from the gods. I can't even fathom how much time of my life was wasted cross-browser testing.

Nobody is going to tell you they can't view something or something isn't showing correctly on your web page, they are just going to go somewhere else. I guess if the only thing you plan on doing is making web pages for school assignments and/or your friends, then do whatever you want. If you want to develop web pages that are accessible to the widest audience possible, then either accept that jQuery is the new standard or enjoy countless hours testing your web pages in multiple versions of multiple browsers and adding a lot of exceptions.

>would you also recommend that someone learning c++ would start straight up with boost because it makes some things easier?

this.

>getElementById

Why waste an ounce of effort trying to determine if your JS will work on multiple browsers when you don't have to anymore? Sure, his JS he has there will work, but what about other scripts he tries to write? Will the code I posted work, yes. Will it work on every modern browser, yes. See how much simpler that is. Why guess when you can know.

I don't understand what you mean by programming, you still use plenty of programming in jQuery. It's still Javascript, it just has much stricter rules than straight JS.

Sorry for shitting up this thread with my simple js question.

Please accept my cat.jpg as an apology

He's comparing a standardized language versus a language that is fucked up from years of competing browser companies all trying to create their own JS standards.

Dude just stop lol

Not your fault, just the nature of programmers defending their shit.

I'm the jQuery guy. Lot of anger in here, not sure why. The first guy answered your question by pointing out your '==' mistake. I was just having fun and showing you how to accomplish the same thing in jQuery which didn't even require any programming. I figure if a person is going to get into web development, they should be aware that there are many ways to accomplish the same task. Let the haters hate, but as an employer, I would hire someone with jQuery skills over just JS skills, simply from the point that time is money. I didn't make the rules, it's just how business works.

I'm trying to make a c# program that allows you to input letters in an array, but if you try to input a duplicate letter, it stops you.

I'm using a nested for loop and an if statement, but I can't get it to work properly, although it works initially, it's the only thing not working, anyone know what's wrong?

dotnetfiddle.net/go4dxD

So my Firefox has recently been throwing either "Timed out" or "Name not resolved or something" errors. It started happening recently though and used to work just fine. How do I go about debugging this problem? Is this something that a FF update broke? Is this a problem with my DNS?

How do I fix the formatting in gmail so that there isn't a character limit per line?

I'm sick of it fucking up my beautiful emails and making them look ugly and hard to read.

Pic related.

Open up command prompt (cmd.exe), type in ping google.com

Will tell you if you can't resolve DNS or your have a long ping time (timed out).

>can't resolve dns = (usually) router or ISP problem. Reset router and modem.
>ping time out = try other hosts, if they work then that host is down. If it doesn't work on any host, you're offline (so reset router & modem.)

I was just looking for the error in my code when i originally posted. It's interesting to see it done with jQuery but as I have no knowledge of it yet it your post just went over my head.

I dont think anyones saying to avoid jQuery, just that i should probably learn js first before learning it

What is the 1+1/X220/i5-2500k of P&S digital cameras? I.e. cheap, ubiquitous and decent.

Should I delete my windows system32 directory?

I took a NAS drive out of its enclosure and stuck it in my PC and it's not being detected. Any tips on how to get it working before I order an a regular HDD?

It's a 2TB Seagate GoFlex Home if that helps.

What's the best thing to do with a malfunctioning gpu? I already sent it in for RMA to Gigabyte but they sent it back saying that someone had messed with the thermal paste or something (I bought it used) which is against their policy.

Can somebody please explain to me why S/PDIF headphones still don't exist yet, and require special DACs/converters for it?

I don't want to use the audio jack anymore, and I'm still not sure if Bluetooth 4.1 headphones will deliver low-latency sound very well. Plus, it usually requires (non-removable) batteries.

Not on plasmas, that'd give horrible burn in on the blue.

> I dont think anyones saying to avoid jQuery, just that i should probably learn js first before learning it

jQuery is a JS library, it's not another language.

Anything you can do in Javascript you can do in jQuery, it's just jQuery is standardized which allows for much faster and more simplified ways to accomplish tasks that can be extremely difficult to accomplish using straight JS.

Another reason jQuery is superior is that you don't have to mix your JS with your HTML. The same reason CSS became so popular, it made more sense to separate the formatting from the style. jQuery is the same concept, you simply add an id tag in your HTML and then all your programming is done from the section. Makes it much easier to troubleshoot when you don't have to look 2 places to see where the problem is occurring.

I kinda get why people are pissed. I was really opposed to learning it as well, the learning curve was a little steeper than I was hoping for, but now that I've learned it I would never go back. Such a time saver.

What format is the drive? Maybe it isn't supported by your OS.

Example, you can't use a ext4 format drive on Windows which natively supports NTFS & FAT.

>Another reason jQuery is superior is that you don't have to mix your JS with your HTML
What?

I got it working. I had to open Disk Management and go to Action > Rescan Disks.

Most of the current browsers don't support it.

Assuming you want to use it on windows, run Disk Management, format it. It's likely using some linux filesystem that windows doesn't understand.

S/PDIF can't carry power, and is digital. To get analogue out, you'd need a DAC, and something to power it, hence the converter box.
For low latency, analogue 3.5mm just werks.

JS

jQuery

$('#animal').click( function() { change(); } )

onclick="change();" isn't HTML or CSS, it's Javascript mixed into your HTML

document.getElementById('animal').addEventListener('click', function() {
change();
});

>It's not powered
Oh shoot, I didn't know that. I know what you mean though. What, for example, would be wired, powered and digital, but the DAC could still be in the headphones instead?

Thanks for the advice man, i'll be sure to put in the work when I start learning jQuery in my class.

hope i can /make it/

kekerino

Actually, I'll respond to my own post. Someone said that USB headphones exist, but I'd have to give up a USB port. It would still be an option I guess.

I'm looking for a way I can take an external audio source, specifically a radio, input it into my computer and play it with my computer speakers. I would rather do this than have the radio go through it's own pair of speakers and have to control it's volume separately.

Is this something I can do? I would prefer something internal, like a sound card if I could use something like that, than a standalone piece of hardware but I'll make do with whatever I have to.

bump for interest

I have this power adaptor that gets 110V/220V AC and delivers 3V, 4.5V, 6V, 7.5V, 9V or 12V DC. But it has a problem: the 4.5V (only I tested) oscillates so much it reaches 10V. I believe this would fuck completely the devices I could connect to it, so I didn't connected.

I opened, and saw this inside. What is wrong?

BTW, it smells good.

Thank you so much for proving my point. Javascript is all over the place in how it can be used. I could hire 2 JS developers and one could put the listener in the HTML and another might put it in a script. Where as jQuery is much more standardized. Also why it's much easier to learn, because you don't have to learn multiple ways to accomplish the same task.

uBlock Origin and this user.js both do two different things. uBlock is a general purpose blocker add-on, with the ability to select any element you want and hide it or block it from even reaching the page.

This user.js looks like a way to just change some settings in Firefox to make it "more secure", which sounds gimmicky and stupid in the first place.

What point? That retards like you keep pushing jQuery and then it turns out that not even a "veteran" JS dev like you knows about the existence of a standard API function that's been there for a decade? I'm done here.

> which sounds gimmicky and stupid in the first place.
Why? Explain me a bit more.

I'm in need of a laptop with a matte 4k screen, but can't seem to find one anywhere.

help

Firefox, by generally known to be a secure browser by default, so can you explain, in comparison, what these settings are and why are they better? Why wouldn't Firefox break or change these settings over a few years time?

High-DPI displays are still hyped up cancer that doesn't always work right with every program out there, save your money for 1080p or less.

I still don't have a solution.

I've uninstalled the driver, and it automatically reinstalled when I plugged the device back in, but my PC still doesn't recognise my device.

Are there barebone graphics cards?
One that dont take 2 pci slots, ones that dont have 3 fans on them,like back to the 90's age, when shit was just a card.

My onboard is dying and i need something new, but none of this gamer shit

Does your radio has an audio output plug, like headphones?

Does your computer has an audio input plug, like microphone?

Then, it might be easier than you think. But please, take into account that a headphone plug has more power than a microphone can output.

I dont know, those are recomended in privacytools.io and i wanted the Cred Forums opinion about it.

Manually specifying the type of device doesn't work either. Windows still doesn't recognise it as an external storage device.

I guess I'm never gonna be able to put stuff from my computer onto my phone ever again.

This is fucking bullshit.

There should be options on the tv model to do a whiteout and a panel screen.
My samsung from 2006 does this occaitonally, i've made it habit to just run it once a month.
Check out the TV options it has to be in there

amazon.com/Sapphire-Profile-PCI-Express-Graphics-11215-06-20G/dp/B00J06F4HE

Did you actually delete the driver from the driver store? When you reinstall are you using the new driver you downloaded from the actual OEM?

Do any of you cunts know what's going on here?

Why isn't my computer recognising my phone?

So I used the sata power cables from a different power supply and apparently this can cause issues as I would find out. I smelt a sort burning smell and now the SSD I was testing with isn't recognised, I guess it shorted out. How likely is it that the data would be recoverable and would it be something I could do on my own? I looked at local data recovery prices and they are insane, inguedd because they are mainly targeting businesses.

Like is it likely something I could fix by buying another drive of the same model and replacing the burnt out part or is it likely more serious than that?

I have a lot of images (>50) that I want to print off and cut out. Does anyone know the best way to make a collage of them on multiple pieces of paper so I can cut them out? Not trying to waste my print credits.

Occasionally my SSD with my OS installed isn't detected in BIOS, and I have to unplug all the other drives and restart, but then it works fine.

Should I be worried?

Motorola only has:
motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481

As for the driver store, how would I locate that?

I just uninstalled it in the device manager and restarted the computer.

Can you be more specific? Do you simply want to "compose" all the images together into a giant rectangle then print them on multiple paper sheets so that they can be put together as a big collage?

I want to print off 50 images and cut them out individually and stick them up on a fridge.

I don't want to have to make 10 jpgs in mspaint to do it.

I see, that can most likely be done with ImageMagick but I've not enough experience with it to be able to help you, sorry.

What is the best(foss?) midi file editor that supports multiple channels?
Pic related doesnt support multiple channels.

Hi me 2 years ago when I was dreading having to learn yet one more thing. I used to only use JS as an absolute last resort because I was always terrified of getting the dreaded user call that something wasn't working correctly and I've have to go all Columbo to figure out which version of which browser they were using. I've gone nuts since I started using jQuery, I love not worrying about that kind of stuff anymore.

What model SSD is it?

Just buy a new SSD and pull your data off of your backup. If plugging it into a new system still doesn't work, you're fucked and have to start from scratch.

>backup

Serious responses only please.

USB is the best contender. Can always use a hub if you need more ports, audio is pretty low in terms of bandwidth requirements.

Intel 520 series

Looks like a very basic unregulated power supply design, the voltage will go up and down quite a bit as you vary the load, especially with all that rust on the transformer.

If you want a solid 4.5V, get a modern power brick using a switchmode or at least linear regulated design.

Your phone doesn't act as a drive, it shouldn't show up in disk management.

You're not getting your data back then. You can send it to a specialist (I suggest Gillware), they won't charge you if they can't get your data. In they do get your data, then get ready to shell out the big bucks. I hope you weren't planning on buying anything anytime soon.

>doesn't backup
Serious posters only please.

Got pics?

If it's just the connector that's burnt you might be able to repair it. If you gave it the wrong voltages, it's ded, you should assume it's all gone unless you want to pay the big bucks for data recovery possibly being able to get something back, but even then, good luck.

How do I transfer files then?

Also, less than a week ago it worked as a removable storage device with my computer. I believe it occupies the first available drive (E:).

mtp

It uses MPT, which behaves kind of like a network drive, windows gets access at the level of files and folders, not at the level of the entire drive. It doesn't get assigned a letter.

It's just that the phone jack is slowly starting to trend away from smartphones, but I'd still use wired over wireless in most situations, if people just rethought about using digital instead of analog.

I would use the phone jack as long as the cable is thick enough to have minimal interference.

That's exactly what's plugged in.
It used to show up as its own drive.

Anyway, that's irrelevant now, I just want to put a few files on my phone for work. How do I do that with an MTP device that doesn't show up in a drive?

I personally use adb push, adb pull and adb shell to send files from/to Android and Linux, but those don't use MTP, just USB Debugging mode.

Yeah I'm probably fucked, is there anything else I would be able to check before bining it? The bios doesn't seem to recognise it and I've also tried plugging it into a external drive bay with no luck.

Is ADB all one program?

Also, I've been turning debugging mode on and off and restarting my computer quite a few times for a couple of hours now.

>only supported by chrome and chrome accessories

I'm learning about kernel development, should I try out BSD?

Yes, ADB is one program.

You shouldn't need to turn USB Debugging on and off all the time, just set it on once. What's your Android version? Maybe update to at least Lollipop if you can so you don't have to activate it every time you plug your phone in.

BSD and Linux are both kernels with different strengths. Though both are monolithic kernels, Linux tends to have more drivers and firmware available for it, whereas BSD needs more.

BSD code might be a little cleaner, simpler and easier for programmers to understand, but Linux developers also are really paid well, just due to its higher popularity.

I want to upgrade my processor to something better than my fx 6200 for gaming shit.

I want an intel i5 since I don't do much else super intensive past gaming, but which one would be the best for the price? I don't want the top of the line because I don't want to spend way too much, but can anyone help give me suggestions?

same guy here
I want to try dualboot with FreeBSD and Arch. (ran Arch as my main for a while)
Should I?

Are there any anti-virus softwares that are even worth it? I avoid shit like Norton but aren't really too sure if Avira and Malware Bytes are any more efficent/note-worthy.

I have this old netbook(around 5 years I think) and I put arch on it.
Simple things like installing stuff raises the temp to 70C-80C. I replaced thermal compound but it only helped a little bit. Do I need a new cpu fan?
Can cpus run hot all the time after years of use regardless of cooling?

Why not? That's your decision, m8.
If you don't like one or either of them, come on over and try out the Debian camp. :^)

I just followed a guide on DigitalOcean on how to set up 2 web site blocks on my server through nginx. I did one thing differently though. Instead of putting the files in the /var/www/ directory they are in /home/webadmin/files. This is where I want them to be for how I have remote access set up. How can I properly point nginx to work with this directory?

In the site blocks I made sure to set root to /home/webadmin/files/mydomain.ga yet when I try to connect either with one of my domains it says it took too long to respond but when I try to go to the local ip of my server it says refused to connect.
Either what am I doing wrong or how can I know for sure what exactly Im doing wrong?

bump
i already asked in and >>>/mu

Post both configs (with IP/domain blanked out obviously).

heres the configs

Can you try running nginx -t as root? It should tell you whether there's something wrong with the config, I cannot really see anything myself.

jordan@Server:/etc/nginx$ sudo nginx -t
nginx: the configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf syntax is ok
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test is successful

I know its nothing wrong with my domain forwarding since in command prompt I can ping my domains and it returns my public IP.

This could definitely a stupid question but is there any way to see the modules that you synthesise in verilog at a gate level?

This is dumb, but does twisting an Ethernet cord make the internet go slower?

Okay well since you said that it refuses the connection it makes me think that it doesn't listen at all:

Can you do this:
netstat -anp | grep 80 | grep -i listen

If nothing shows up, then nginx is not started for some reason, if something shows up then there are a few more possible cases:
Are you using a router? Is the port forwarded?
Are you sure the main config includes these configs?

Trying to switch over from Chrome to Chromium using a stable build from chromium.woolyss.com/ for Windows 64 bit

Chromium refuses to sign in under the settings page though; I do email, pass, phone verification, then nothing happens. I can still sign into chrome, but I can't do this in chromium. Is this a common issue? Should I wait for an update?

Chrome has been opening tabs at a snail's pace, and the browser will essentially become unusable until all tabs are loaded. This started roughly a month ago when I noticed it updated because the bar at the bottom that shows up when you right click and save a file had changed. Chromium doesn't have this problem, so it's inherent to some setting in chrome and is why I'm trying to switch over.

here is the result:
jordan@Server:/etc/nginx$ sudo netstat -anp | grep 80 | grep -i listen
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 916/nginx -g daemon
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:4433 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 980/python
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:50389 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 980/python
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:58846 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 980/python
tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::* LISTEN 916/nginx -g daemon
tcp6 0 0 :::4434 :::* LISTEN 980/python
tcp6 0 0 :::50389 :::* LISTEN 980/python
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 19902 1580/systemd /run/user/119/systemd/private
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 18097 1557/X /tmp/.X11-unix/X0
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 12580 1/init /var/run/pcscd/pcscd.comm
unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 18096 1557/X @/tmp/.X11-unix/X0

Also out of curiosity I removed the symbolic links in sites-enabled to sites-available and just copied the 2 blocks form available over to enabled. After a restart, no change tho.

interestingly now tho when I go the the local ip of the server it takes me to the t.tk index page. Still times out when typing either domain tho.

So both of these websites are now in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled and the /etc/nginx/nginx.conf file includes that folder, right?

Can you see if it's accessible locally by the machine that's supposed to host it, i.e:
curl 127.0.0.1

Trying an old laptop running Win7 working.
On normal start up I get the prompt for normal start up, safe mode, etc...

Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Networking work as they are supposed to.

Normal start up leads to the "Starting Windows" screen, black, and then a blue screen that's says something like tried to restart drivers and at the bottom says something like dumping physical memory to disc. It's only up for a few seconds before the computer restarts to the prompt for normal start up, safe mode, etc...

Wut do?

>interestingly now tho when I go the the local ip of the server it takes me to the t.tk index page. Still times out when typing either domain tho.

Alright so you either did not use your public IP when setting up the domain A records, the DNS did not update yet, or you're behind a router and the port isn't forwarded to the local server machine.

>switch over from Chrome to Chromium

What is "switching"? Just run multiple browsers and when one fucks up, use another.

All browsers are shit. If in doubt, uninstall and reinstall. If fresh browser install fucks up, ignore it and use something different.

yep that jut returned the source of the t.tk index

So I downloaded first thing I found and it worked.

Now, there's no VB additions for android x86, other than doing some ftp-samba fiddling can anyone think of a more direct way of transfering files to and from windows? I can't mount the vhd because it's in ext4 format anyway.

Is there any reason to have a reason system repair disk for windows? Doesn't the window install ISO have a repair from backup opinion?

Is this something that is only useful without an install ISO on a DVD/Flash drive or is there a reason to have one even if you have one of those already?

When using my phone on LTE not wifi I was able to connect and view the index pages of both domains now. After turning on wifi and connecting back they both still worked. Any idea why It doesnt work on my laptop?

Is your laptop running Windows or Linux?

Windows. I already tried ipconfig /flushdns

No idea then, perhaps you need to wait a little linger. Does ping on your laptop resolve to the IP that it's supposed to? If not, then yeah you have to wait, if yes then there's something weird going on.

Are quantum computers really using resources from other dimensions?
Watched some Mandela effect videos and people claim it has to do with this fact and CERN.
Usual conspiracy YT shit afaik, but still my question is related to the claim of quantum computers interacting with other dimensions.

yeah when pinging them they both respond in under 10ms from my public IP. In terminal on my phone I pinged it and got the same results form my public IP.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_superposition
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_entanglement

Maybe it's just your browser that cached those? Have you tried Control F5'ing it?

My backup hard drive is starting to click. Like once every minute. How long before it is kill?

Even tried opening it in Edge and still nothing. Im going to try a reboot and praying to The Mother that this works. Thanks for all the help!

CrystalDiskMark tells all. Although I would replace it asap

Why is my PS/2 mechanical keyboard nonfunctional until the OS is loaded

I can't press anything when I first boot up to get into BIOS or whatever, I have to plug another keyboard in instead

Is it just shit or what

>CrystalDiskMark tells all. Although I would replace it asap
Thank you.
It is a Western Digital Caviar Green WD6400AACS 640GB. I bought it back in 2008 .
The drive is put in and taken out just for backups.

Whoops it is actually my Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM.

So, it's bullshit as i thought.
As far as i understood it (and also again when flying over the links)
It's that there can be two states true at the same time.
And a friend told me about the thing where one particle would meme the movements of the other linked to it (or something along this)

Fun thing, i didn't know the slit experiment to be liked to this. Interesting stuff indeed.

For what it's worth I also have a WD Green that's been clicking for over a year now, I don't store anything important on it anymore, but it's been going strong still. And coincidentally I also had a Spinpoint F3, it started clicking then the R/W speeds dropped to about 5 Mbit/s and the drive became unusable.

What is the best android file manager app for accessing a network drive?

Es file explorer has way too much bullshit on it for me these days to seriously consider it and astro file manager is not letting me connect when I enter my username and password

Here's a neat visualization for it:
youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc

Thanks for the reply.

>Looks like a very basic unregulated power supply design
Unregulated? It has 4 diodes inside it, I suppose they do some rectification. But not much, as I could check. I have not photographed them, but I have this related model of the same manufacturer. The angle I photographed is a bit tilted, so you can see how it's like.

>the voltage will go up and down quite a bit as you vary the load
I have not varied any load. Just plugged it on the wall power socket, and attached the multi-tester tips on the right terminals.

>If you want a solid 4.5V
I want solid 6V.

>get a modern power brick using a switchmode or at least linear regulated design
I don't know how to... How to check the technology inside them, if I can't open them on the store?

What method of backup should I use where all the backed up data is encrypted?

What was the name of that freetard site that got hacked not long ago? Im trying to download some ISOs and all links seem to be messed up and md5s dont match.

External HDD. You encrypt the disc and put data on it, thus they become encrypted.

i've got an old tp x200 tablet from 2009 running vanilla ubuntu that I wanted to put i3 on. I did, but now I can't change the volume for speakers or for headphones.
what do i do to be able to change the volume

Did you by chance by them in 2008 (WD) and 2009 (F3)? Around that time the F3 was cheaper than the WD.

Whoa, nice. Watched the more technical scientific vodeo about it like two days ago, where they had that linux observation vs. Human observation per stream going on.

Just make a big ass encrypted zip file with 7zip. If you want, split it into smaller chunks with the checkbox and upload to your favourite untrustworthy file host. (Google apps for Edu is nice)

How do I steal nearby WiFi connections?

Nope, just checked my order history, WD on 16th Nov 2012, Spinpoint F3 on 4th April 2011.

Unless you make it start causing errors, no.

Reinstall windows.

Don't need it, just keep the install disk.

Check BIOS settings for legacy USB, it my be trying to emulate whatever's plugged into USB onto what would be PS/2, which then gets bumped off.

Diodes don't do any regulation, they just turn the AC in into ripply DC.
The rated voltage is at the rated current, you're varying the load to zero current.
Any power brick you buy at a store will be switchmode now unless it's an AC supply.

They have passwords that you need to circumvent, or break the encryption completely. Have you already read the Wikipedia articles about Wi-Fi technologies?

Okay, here are my results.

>unless it's an AC supply
This is an "AC adapter".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_adapter

So, I will never find a switched-mode one?

Should probably also pirate HD Tune Pro and do an error check & check relocated sector count.

Okay will do. Looking it up people are saying it is usually the head parking making the noise because it doesn't happen but once a minute or so.

It's a DC supply, that's what the diodes are for. An AC supply is just the transformer.

For a DC supply, they're all switchmode now since the electronics needed to do it are cheap, and it lets them use a smaller transformer..

I've seen it done on G4TV. Don't you just have to use wireshark or something?

Is there a dedicated place to download free pdfs? Like torrenting books pretty much.

Could be it, could be also power saving mode and the hard drive spinning up again, I'd be cautious though anyway, I immediately ditched my F3 and put important data off the WD just to be sure.

#bookz?

>Unless you make it start causing errors, no.
Technically he could experience issues with an ethernet cable longer than 100 meters due to interference.

So I got my hands on a factory overclocked card without realizing it, but my motherboard (h110m) and cpu aren't build for overclocking. Call me stupid, but graphics cards aren't something I'm too familiar with. Using it won't have any adverse effects right? And it only runs at 'factory-level' overclocked mode when the games get demanding, which is still safe correct?

Is Fences still good software? Haven't used it in years. Are there alternatives that do the same thing? If so, how are they better?

Yes, you are safe. It just means better fans than the reference model along with minimal improvements.

built a new PC, wondering what a good use for my old one would be.

i5, 8gb ram, 970.

Should I just take my linux ssd out of my main PC and have it as a dedicated developer desktop?

Having a motherboard and CPU that are able to overclock only matter for CPU and RAM overclocking, GPU can be overclocked regardless. If you want to push the overclock beyond the factory overclock you can still do that.

How do I get started on Linux? I have a PC with fedora20 on it and want to know what to do with it. I don't even know what the hell a kernel is.

Chuck GPU on craigslist/your local equivalent, integrated would be fine for development unless you're doing games.

Well, what do you want to do?

I'm on debian. How do I turn off mouse acceleration and set the sensitivity?

How do you use bookz? I went into the irc that's on google (I'm not even sure it's the right one) and typed the command to find the book I want and nothing happened.

You should have received a private message from a bot, not sure where to point you without knowing what IRC client you used.

I don't plan on programming much, just enough so I'm not left behind in 20 years

Ok cool thanks. I got a gigabyte 1060 windforce and now that I look at it, it does look like they make a big deal out of their cooling system

So basically when people have builds that have like a 6700k, a z170 mobo, and an aftermarket cooler for overclocking, they're doing it to overclock their cpu and not the gpu?

And how safe would it be to overclock a gpu in a case with only 2 fans? Would I need more or is it all dependent on the graphics card's own fans?

Fastest alternative to Windows Photo Viewer?

Leaning towards XnView at the moment. Don't need all the extra stuff that requires separate plugins like with Irfanview since I use Photoshop or Paint for editing.

My only issue with XnView is that it looks like it has it's own GUI? I don't want the image previews or need to have other stuff open on the side. I just want the image and the toolbar/controls, nothing else. Basically I just want Windows Photo Viewer but faster at opening images when I double click on them.

>Don't you just have to use wireshark or something?
No, you need to know what you are doing first. Please, read the Wikipedia articles about Wi-Fi security technologies. They are like WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA-PSK, etc.

Im using mibbit.com with the undernett server, idk if I'm allowed to link the site.

You can overclock a motherboard?

What do you increase? Bus speed? What heats up when you do that? The north and south bridges?

I've been using JPEGView for a bit. Not sure if it's any faster without explicitly testing so (seems the same to me) but I like the minimalist nature of it.
The one thing I don't like is how the toolbar doesn't have it's own space on the bottom and is instead on top of the image, but you can mess around with the opacity and set a hotkey to disable the toolbar when it's open.

Overclocking CPUs (the k types for Intel) have overclocking support. Overclocking motherboards support overclocking for CPU and RAM, you need both a overclocking CPU and an overclocking CPU to do a CPU overclock, although I believe you can do RAM overclocking with just a overclocking motherboard without a overclocking CPU (you wouldn't want to buy a set up like this though, CPU overclock is more important and they don't cost that much more than nonoverclocking CPU, so if you're already going for the board there is no reason not to get the CPU as well).

GPUs can be overclocked regardless. Case fans do matter but if you have one intake and 1 out fan that should be more than it matters for a basic overclock. Once you have basic case fans like 1 in and out the GPU's own fans matter more than the case fans.

Your ability to overclock the GPU matters more with what GPU it is and how lucky you are, some models in general overclock better than others, but even within the same model a single GPU (or any PC part for that matter, the same thing applies to CPUs and RAM) can overclock better than another of the same model. This is called the silicon lottery, one 970 might be able to overclock to 1500Mhz, and another might only be able to overclock to 1400Mhz, it's luck of the draw.

In theory you could, in practice you would have to do it all yourself so it's not very realistic, there is no software that lets you do this so you would have to make your own.

By overclocking motherboard I'm referring to things like the Z170 chipset boards that support official overclocking of Skylake K chips.

By overclock motherboard he means a motherboard that supports overclocking the CPU and RAM

you need both a overclocking motherboard* and an overclocking CPU to do a CPU overclock**

How bad is that my breaker box gets wet?

Hey Cred Forums
I have a shitload of files on my phone and the file browsers just aren't powerful enough to handle it without crashing

How can I use my computer to reorganize a shitload of files on my phone, with the actual operations happening on the phone and not having to be USB transferred?

think ls, mv, CP, mkdir, tree, grep, and that sort of command for sorting out my huge disorganized 30,000 file porn folder into subdirectories alphabetically, by file type, by keyword, etc

D'oh. I'm stupid.

>Diodes don't do any regulation, they just turn the AC in into ripply DC.
Right information. I confused RECTIFICATION with REGULATION.

I installed i3 wm but whenever I try to use the commands none of them work. I did manage to get the dmenu to work, but that's about it. How do I get the rest of the commands to work?

I need a used 1155 CPU, do I try to miraculously find 2500k or is there some Xeon that'd be up for the job?

Get Connectbot or some fork of it. It's an SSH client for your phone, and has an option to give you a local shell. From there you can ls, mv, cp, mkdir and grep right there on your phone, no PC needed.
Potential disadvantage: It's not real cp, mv, ls, etc., it's somewhat limited Busybox versions
>rm failed for -rf, No such file or directory
Fuck this Busybox. Your mileage may vary. It depends on your ROM.

Or you can get an SSH server app and do the same from your PC and its comfy full keyboard. Again, you're using the phone's command line. See above.

Or you can get an SSH server that supports SCP and/or SFTP, mount the phone from the PC using sshfs, and run the commands on the PC. This lets you use the real command line you have on your PC but operate on the files on your phone, without moving them to the PC first.

Or of course use a USB line and manipulate the files as you would on a USB drive.

I need a name for a shitty anime website based on the early 2000s

Thanks user

>they're all switchmode now
Wrong. Have you forgotten China exist?

What's a good software to make webms?

China is precisely why they're pretty much all switchmode now. It uses cheaper components and allows a smaller transformer. I remember when wall warts were heavy things. Now they're all super lightweight and tiny. And a lot of them struggle to deliver half the current they're rated for, but that's a different problem that's also because China.

The exceptions are high quality linear power supplies (massive transformer, not terribly efficient, often seen in variable-voltage bench power supplies), and capacitive droppers (cheap beyond cheap, questionable safety iirc, sometimes found in cheapass LED based things).

Whats the best player I can use to watch mkv files with subtitles on my android?

Mx player pro requires a license i don't have and the normal version has shitty ads.

Holy fuck, they got even worse? The tensions that should be between 3V and 12V were between 16V and 25V. So, 3V was 10V, now it's 16V. That's very weird!

Fuck this shit, into le trash it goes!!!!!

But, please, I want to know first: are the transformers themselves worth scraping?

Does any entity/organisation actually use Mainframes to store their master data or is it just something Hollywood just gott wrong and wont let go

yes mainframes are an actual thing

>The rated voltage is at the rated current, you're varying the load to zero current.
I can't understand a damn thing about this that you said. Could you please explain this on another manner?

There is this 'Movie maker' app on my chink phone. The Disable button is not available for it. Is there a way to remove / disable it without having to root the device?

>Mx player pro requires a license i don't have and the normal version has shitty ads.

I pirated mine from Blackmart app, you could find other places that let you pirate paid version of app.

Other good android media players are likely to have ads as well if they are free

Root the device.

If its a built in app of the OS then root is required

would CM work on mtk658x

just go to xda and see the best way to root your device

or google ways to root your device

If you are lucky you dont even have to do much, other than just running a file

>Switched-mode power supply
>However, unless very carefully designed and using suitable components, switching adapters are more likely to fail than the older type, due in part to complex circuitry and the use of semiconductors.
>Unless designed well, these adapters may be easily damaged by overloads, even transient ones, which can come from lightning, brief mains overvoltage (sometimes caused by an incandescent light on the same power circuit failing), component degradation, etc.
>A very common mode of failure is due to the use of electrolytic capacitors whose equivalent series resistance (ESR) increases with age; switching regulators are very sensitive to high ESR (the older linear circuit also used electrolytic capacitors, but the effect of degradation is much less dramatic).
>Well-designed circuits pay attention to the ESR, ripple current rating, pulse operation, and temperature rating of capacitors.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_adapter#Modes_of_operation

How can I know the circuit was well-designed?

>How can I know the circuit was well-designed?
You don't. But if you got a USB power adapter at Walmart for $5, you can know that it is not.

Is buying a 4TB external HDD to use on the dauly a bad idea ? Open to any other suggestions.

>Is cyanogenmod 12.1 android version 5.1 or 5.0?

"cm-12.1-20161002-NIGHTLY-sirius"

I want to configure a system so that it boots a Linux distro from a HDD in a Live USB fashion. Any tips?

As long as you don't drop it.

Nevermind, it's 5.1

How difficult are cs jobs? I want to apply for one but I feel like I'll be drowning and not be able to catch up. I do have some programming experience but it's just dinky school assignments

Ideas for an app I could make with limited Android Studio knowledge?
Not something too basic

Background in front end web dev stuff, adobe suite, and i have a firm grasp on HTML and CSS.

Say I started over again at a four year uni with a decent computer science program.

Say I made it my life goal to get good at programming. Had no social life, etc

I want to get good enough to participate in CTF events at defcon

I know that's something you could scoff and laugh at

Just throw me a fuckin bone

what's the best way to backup windows machine and & files (documents) to a nas ? system restore won't do the job i think, since the file versions are left up to date, just the system files get restored, right ? 3rd party tool like robocopy ? It's not for me, have to set it up for a friend of my boss. It has to regularly back up/copy let's say bookkeeping to the nas.

I asked this in a couple of previous threads, and got some responses, my main options are Crashplan, the free version for offsite backup, robocopy, and Macrium Reflect Free.

Just found out that windows has the needed functions bult-in.
pic related.

Any reason to not trust windows on this and use a 3rd party app ? I'd prefer to not install additional programs.

Norton Ghost

yes

>Any reason to not trust windows..."
Hue!

My router has an option for IP passthrough that can be assigned to a computer in the network aswell as an option to enable static NAT where I can do the same.

Can somebody explain to me in relatively simple terms what these do? Do I need to enable either for portforwarding to be effective, when gaming?

I tried googling it but it doesn't help me much.. It's all a bunch of copypastes of the same 1 paragraph information that doesn't help me.

install gentoo, i know

thanks, i will look into that too

Thank you. I'll check it out.

how can i crack my neighbours wifi password?

Google "free wifi hack program" on youtube, grab the first video and download the app in the description

Its nothing you need to worry about

Assuming WPA/WPA2

Option one:
Capture handshake
Bruteforce

Option two:
Misassociation
Phishing

Is it too late to start a profitable bitcoin mining operation?

yes

how do I into linux? specifically which one should I grab?

Is there any way to do a "portable" 4-drive raid-6 in windows with sane write speed?
I don't want to do motherboard raid because there's no guarantee it will work on next generation of chipsets and it definitely won't work over usb should I ever need to connect my storage drives as externals.
MS storage spaces do some bullshit "double" parity that somehow reserves less than two drives worth of space. How the fuck does it work? What would happen if two drives fail simultaneously? Also I've heard there are issues with expandability and most importantly write speed drops to 5% of intel raid at best and 0.01% at worst.
Is a pair of simple windows raid-1 arrays really my best option? Pretty sure Windows cannot into raid-10.
mdadm for windows fucking when?

install gentoo
go for u/lu/x/buntu or ubuntu mate or linux mint.

thank you

If a device officially supports micro SD cards only up to 32GB, is it possible that 64GB and above work on it?

no maybe yes
depends on the firmware

Is there a term for when you focus too much on one thing that you forget about the others or don't spend as much time on them?

I swear there is but it's not coming to mind

Way too late.

Usually, but it's not guaranteed.

Tunnel Vision

What language and what lib do i use to make a "Fantasy Grounds" clone with custom gui and 3d dice rolling?

>Tunnel Vision
Piss poor attempt at humour if it is desu

Humor?

Mint

Question: In Python with some modules I seem to need to force some classes into the namespace rather then just calling them through the hierarchy. If I don't I get Attribute Errors, like so...
"""
import matplotlib
ani = matplotlib.animation...

AttributeError: module 'matplotlib' has no attribute 'animation'
"""

As opposed to the correct way which works...
"""
import matplotlib.animation as Animation
ani = Animation...
"""

Why is this?

32 is upper limit for sdhc
64 is sdxc
There should never be any size limit, only types support. If it's a modern enough phone it will most likely support sdxc (pretty sure anything since first snapdragon works), but if it's some pmp or other custom hardware running custom os you should ask manufacturer.

Humour

It's an LG K8.
I'm wondering if they officially support just SDHC to save on some kind of licensing costs.

Computer is a bit loud, it's hard to describe the sound, like humming.

Any ideas what it might be? I've cleaned the chasis fan and heatsink, I did neglect the GPU though.

Not intended to be funny, no.

Possibly some piece resonating, try just putting pressure on things and see if it goes away.

When using sudo, normal users gain root access for an unlimited period of time after putting in their password.

I want sudo to force normal users to put their password everytine they want to execute a root cmd

It shouldn't be unlimited by default
askubuntu.com/questions/636092/how-to-get-sudo-to-prompt-you-for-a-password-each-time

what part of the computer does it seem to be comming from? Does it help if you touch the case?

Fair enough then, sorry lad

I changed my visudo and added Defaults env_reset,timestamp_timeout=0

It still gives me unlimited root acces though. The Defaults env_reset was not yet in the conf file, and the ,timestamp_timeout=0 is a lighter color than the rest of the cmd, maybe indicating that it not recognized?

cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

I wouldn't trust that site to be 100% trustworthy with those numbers, but at least it gives you a direction at relative power / price

I don't think there's actual licensing involved. It's just a standard.

Mint or manjaro

Any idea how to get the "Post from URL" feature to work in 4chanX in midori?

I tried to run apt-get upgrade and I got this at the end:
>E: The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/hhttüs could not be found.

I think "httüs" is supposed to be "https"
which file should I edit to fix this?

Asus Rx 470 4gb STRIX

Any issues with this one?

Stupid question here. I was gonna buy a new phone. Usually what I do is go through my carrier to upgrade but they dont offer what I wanted so I decided to buy an unlocked version. Is changing phones as simple as taking out the sim card from the old one and putting it in the new one or is it something else?
Going from an iphone 5c to Xperia XZ if that matters

What desktop magnetic phone charger is this?

Yes

cool thanks

You may need to configure settings for your new network.

my webcam LED suddenly turned on today. i unplugged it and plugged it back in, but the LED was still on. after a restart it didn't happen again.

i already did a check with windows defender, malwarebytes, hitman pro and hijackthis. combofix doesn't seem to run on windows 8.1. i haven't found anything suspicious.

i also checked which process used my cam/mic using process hacker and process explorer. no process was using them.

there are no open ports on my router and i'm using the windows firewall.

in addition to that, i have checked which files were modified today, again, nothing suspicious.

the only software i have installed recently were updates to steam, skype, origin and firefox. i wasn't browsing any potentially malicious sites, either (i think). just Cred Forums and some torrent trackers. i run ublock origin and umatrix.

another weird thing is that firefox reverted to version 43 and had to download the latest version again. my profile config was fucked in the process, but the update installed fine.

have i been owned or am i being paranoid?

I just found some old thermal paste in my old school backpack. Its between 6 and 8 years old. Consistency is weird, both solid and liquid. Should I used it. Does thermal paste ever go bad?

Can you clarify? I dont know shit about phones

There's something related to exFAT at least:

computerworlduk.com/it-vendors/android-gets-sdxc-flash-driver-microsoft-gets-royalties-3389/

If your phone doesn't autodetect your network settings, like text phone and/or data don't work out of the box, you may have to go into your mobile network settings and configure the APN. There's plenty of guides and all cellular providers list their settings, so as long as you're going to a GSM network you should be fine.

>GSM
Unfortunately my carrier is a CDMA network.

I have a laptop bought, windows 10, came with a 1-year Office subscription and antivirus that expired a month ago or so. I need windows only software (3D modeling, mostly) for both school and work, however I enjoy Linux based OS for my day to day usage (dual boot on my desktop, and is my main OS on an old laptop).

Is there a way to keep my legit license, format, dual boot and reinstall/reactivate my license?

Or am I better off using MyDigitalForums toolkit?

About 13 years ago there were programs that could pull your actual product key from the registry even on OEM installs, so that you could turn around later and reinstall from an ISO.

Not sure if this is still true

probably nothing to worry over. maybe a weird glitch, something polling the hardware. you already did the due diligence, i'd just leave the webcam unplugged until needed

thanks for your reply, i'm less worried now. i'll keep the cam plugged in though, in case it happens again. if it does, i'm going to reinstall windows just to be safe.

also, in case i got owned, i hope you're not the guy

What carrier, and can you link to the phone you bought?

Verizon and it's this one
amzn.com/B01M1HY1E3.
I assume i'll have to get a new carrier?

What is by far the best rss reader

What's the world's best phone at the moment?

Price is irrelevant since I have infinite money.

When can I order AMD Summit Ridge CPUs already?!?

Why do cpu/gpu specs increase by so little every year?
Why don't we just push it to the limit?

The office subscription may be more tricky if you don't have an online account for it, but the windows license itself would reactivate automatically, so you don't even need to worry about it. You could even keep your existing installation if you felt like it, as it's preferable to have windows installed first anyway, and just shrink it to make room for linux.

Yeah that's a remarkably sparse listing (even for amazon), but as a general rule you can always assume that an 'unlocked' phone is not compatible with Verizon or sprint unless it specifically says so. So your choices would be At&t, t-mobile, or one of their MVNOs.

And so, it is done. I have assembled [s]all seven dragonballs[/s] almost all the parts for my new PC, save the GPU. Will Bad Things Happen(tm) if I assemble everything else, test run it, and install the GPU later whenever it comes in the mail?
Will I have to do a system restore or something?

You haven't told it what the fuck CONSTANT is, beyond "it equals 10".

Well it's alright. Thanks to the spec list that wasnt there 3 days ago i know Sony is gimping Americans with no fingerprint sensor again. Not supporting that.

Video player for linex with mpris support? Apart of vlc

Isn't clover no longer supported?

...Don't leave it open?
Seriously, how would rats get into your case in the first place?
Unless you mean they're chewing up your cables, in which case you need to inoculate your entire house. For a stopgap, look into infrasound emitters that scare critters away. They don't work perfectly, but they'll tide you over.

Depends on the malfunction.
In your case, probably chuck it out a window.

Somebody please make a new thread....

No problem with that. In fact I'd recommend putting the rest together now so you have as much time as possible to RMA a part if something shows up busted.