/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LeEco is launching in the US on October 19
gsmarena.com/leeco_is_launching_in_the_us_on_october_19-news-20787.php

Xiaomi Mi Note 2 lauch event rumored for October
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2_lauch_event_rumored_for_october-news-20777.php

Google Pixel XL dimensions revealed alongside 360-degree renders
phonearena.com/news/Google-Pixel-XL-dimensions-revealed-alongside-360-degree-renders_id85989

Sony Xperia X Compact review: Small Android is still good, but not much better
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/sony-xperia-x-compact-review-small-android-is-still-good-but-not-much-better/

BlackBerry won't develop any more phones by itself
gsmarena.com/blackberry_wont_develop_any_more_phones_by_itself-news-20759.php

Xiaomi Mi5s and Mi5s Plus announced: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Reader, 3800mAh for under $300
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_launches_mi_5s_and_mi_5s_plus-news-20730.php

BLU Life One X2 launches with SD430, 1080p screen, 16 MP camera for $149.99
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

Axon 7 Review
youtube.com/watch?v=hGfMBoUlKoQ

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5-6761.php
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5_(2016)-7789.php
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7-6763.php
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7_(2016)-7759.php
archive.fo/vwZyx
androidauthority.com/lg-v20-g5-note-7-s7-edge-display-showdown-715493/
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3mzrl9/hi_im_hiroshi_lockheimer_here_at_google_with_the/cvjjro4
twitter.com/RDR0b11/status/782747075561742336
youtu.be/s-SWST3eZ1Y
gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_436904.html
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-le-pro-3
aliexpress.com/item/Original-New-1-77-UNLOCKED-SOS-BIG-BUTTON-IMAGE-GSM-MOBILE-CELL-PHONE-FOR-SENIORS-ELDERLY/32684971415.html
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Honor 8

I want a phone with USB Type-C, a micro SD card slot, and a fingerprint scanner. What are my best options?

htc 10?

most of these

Redmi note 3 pro

you should list your budget

what's a phone that has: 1440p screen, usb type c, some form of quick charging, fingerprint scanner, 4k video recording, and nfc

$500-600 budget

WHO ?V20/ HERE? It's gonna be smartphone of the year.

>best audio loudness and quality on any phone ever
>best camera on any phone ever for both photography and videography
>multiple mics for frequency control, range control, and exceptional clarity
>standard 2016 flagship package (4GB RAM/820/530) utilized to a higher extent thanks to LGs skin coupled with 7.0
>second screen is actually useful and not just a gimmick
>rock solid build quality, drop resistant
>removable battery + SD Card expansion
>beautiful 5.7 QHD inch display
>Qualcomm Quickcharge 3.0 via USB C
>USB C connection speeds

Nothing else competes.

Who is this cutie pie? I see her everywhere! I need to know! My heart cannot take this much longer!

note 7

I just want to hold her in my arms. :(

It's not fair. :(

I have a Nexus 6P that's been fantastic so far.

We could call for an Uber on my Moto G to go out to the best froyo place in the city. I'll have whatever she's having. :)

it's not usb type-c though is it?

thanks I'll take a look

Since the Note 7 apparently has all of these things, I'll say preferably cheaper than the Note 7

so $500-600 USD max

Let's see those CPUs anons.

Me why dont they release already and also fuck my life im in europe so I have to import

This phone is a potential gamechanger as far as phones go

Really impressed by the moto g4play so far.

>stock android with future OTA updates
>sd card up to 128gigs
>removable 2800mah battery
>best built quality of all the 2016 moto g models, nice screen
>150$

How is this not the official Cred Forums budget smartphone?

Moto g4 plus - best phone ever. every other phone is just sux

So, 95% of all android phones ever made?

>4 cores (8 CPUs)

Mediatek - they are trying really hard aren't they?

Ive finally decided what to do. Check it..

I'll get an z5c/z3c as a main device and music player and an Note4/V10, for shitposting, general browsing and watching videos.

What ya think?

>airplane mode cuck

Really makes you think. What if it's CMT?
Possible? All I know is that AMD used it but I'm not tech literate enough to know if it's possible or not.

>inb4 bootloops makes this otherwise great phone unusable
>resell value drops 80% in 6 months
>G3, G4, V10 all over again

>future OTA updates
kek
>SD410 in 2000+16
kek

B O O T L O O P
O
O
T
L
O
O
P

>mfw all the v20 shill fags think the phone will be anything special besides yet another generic ass flagshit with the same garbage we've seen already everytime
>coming this late and still having 820 with 4gb of ram and not 6
>camera will likely be meh and probably get beaten by the 7plus
>screen will probably be inaccurate piece of shit
>still skinned and lolnoupdates

getting op3 or pixel phone desu senpai

I'm thinking about buying one, since pixel phones are bound to be overpriced. How is the size of it? Does it ever feel too big? Have you had any issues with it (like poor call quality or leggy camera)? How is Nougat and it's dual-window mode?

there will be updates for this phone.

>there was a snapdragon 410 in the year 2000

you are using it wrong you fag. 2014+2 is more like it.

>ignoring the 150$

Better to spend the extra 50 dollars or so and get the redmi note 3 pro from what I've seen. Assuming your network can support it.

essential android tips/apps?

Sounds dumb as fuck friend

Why

Why the fuck you need so many devices when one can do all of that

I gotchu familia

>So many
Only two, you dumb nigga.

Also
>size

I just find it very uncomfortable carrying a big device everywhere.

Why not just get one device in between both? Devices with 5.5 inch screens easily fit in pants pockets. Fuck, even a 5.1-5.2 inch screen phone is perfectly fine for watching videos and shitposting. Doing so from my s7 right now whilst also listening to the calming sounds of waves

Why the fuck do you need 6gb of ram

>buy a phone without an sd card slot
Yeah nah

>8 core 2.6ghz
No wonder all their shit is exploding

Multitasking with loads of browser tabs and apps and shit. Jesus, are you really asking why you need better specs on an overpriced late to the game flagshit?

the one plus 3 even has 6 gigs for fucks sake.

Its an s7. No bombs in here m8

Yeah no sd sucks but I don't think it's worth hundreds of dollars or getting a phone that's inferior in all other ways.

If the op3 had an sd card though I'd probably buy it right now.

6gb is overkill though. I have 4gb ram on my phone and do a cunt load of multitasking always and yet to experience lag

It's not about lag it's about the possibility for more kept open in the background and room for growth, phones are going to have 8gb next year for fucks sake.

The point is you should expect 6 this late in the game this year, a snapdragon 600 series would probably work fine too, doesn't mean you want it in an expensive ass flagship.

>Have whatever she's having
>Not taking charge, instead being a cuck
This is why you're masturbating to stock photos, user.

Considering most of the faggots who frequent this general buy phones impulsively every year or so, it would be wise to spend that little bit more in future proofing your device to have and do what you want it to.

Is there an alternative between the following:

>Using a task killer app (avast) many times a day

Or

>Uninstalling all of my apps

Is there something fundamental in Android that makes it impossible for me to tell an app "never do anything unless I boot you up or manually download an update"

Does this require rooting my phone? I don't understand how little control I have over my phone

Which are the best small phones? something like 3.9" - 4.6"

I have been using my 6 plus for a while now and wouldn't even upgrade if it wasn't for the RAM causing it to be an infuriating piece of fucking shit to use

I'm getting force closes like crazy, ridiculous amounts of reloading (as in having 5 tabs open and switching is impossible without reloading, even less with heavier sites, as in 2 or 3)

Hell heavy sites even crash this piece of shit, and with the no headphone jack I'll be fucked if I'm going with Apple again.

Greenify, though i forget if you need root for it

Might also depend heavily on the browser you're using. I know firefox can handle websites better than opera mobile can, but i prefer operas overall feature set and layout

Oh wait you said apple

Rip in piece m8

Yes. I literally just opened an article on the Google pixel and it force closed my browser (using Mercury).

It even happens with Safari, though maybe less often.

If I go take a picture with my rear camera, then come back to Cred Forums, my Cred Forums reloads.

Forced obsolescence friend. Apple's been doing it for years. Get the fuck out while you can

I knew when I bought it I probably shouldn't have thanks to the 1gb of ram, but I fell for applefag shit on how it was fine and iOS didn't need more.

What a load of shit, the Apple devices with 2gb of ram are fine but this piece of fuck is gimped to hell.

Do the latest apple devices really have such small amounts? The fuck

Not the latest, the new 7 plus has 3gb of ram, which I'm sure is great for iOS. But this shit I got was gimped with only 1gb.

>small
Small is relative, you fucking cuck. I don't like Apple one bit, but they have the advantage of having complete control over the hardware, whereas Android devices are fragmented as fuck. They can do more with less.
Also, the A10 shits over all other Android chips right now. It's done. The Android meme is finished.

Welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what are you upgrading to?

I was going to try the redmi note pro 3 but it doesn't work well with att.

So I'm waiting to see how the pixel turns out.

z5 compact, it's not waterproof as they advertise it to be.

Pixel's already expensive for what it is, not to mention ugly as sin. There are already better options.

Want to spend ~250 on a decent phone. Just need something to replace my Nokia 640XL that I can't stand. Can spend more if necessary, really just looking for a solid android phone with standard/basic specs. Probably going to use it for a year then upgrade when my contract is up.
Camera isn't super important, I don't expect anything crazy for

Like? For what I want the pixel seems like it's going to be the best choice.

I definitely do not like the skinned ugly shit like Samsung, I want to try something close to "stock" android since I'm coming from iOS.

If the Pixel ends up being 600 or 650 for 128gb model that's not too bad for me.

>Cali
No one who lives in California calls it that

Id agree, if that's the price maximum.

What exactly do you want in a phone besides stock or close to?

1.Good to excellent screen
2.Decent amount of storage (I have filled 128gb on my iPhone)
3.Good battery life
4. A camera better than what I have, doesn't have to be amazing. Shouldn't be hard since I'm on a 6 plus.
5. Good ram and good multitasking performance
6. SD card (again likely won't happen but I can probably do without fine)

And a preference for a phone that gets updated, front facing speakers would be a plus too but that's not happening.

Seems to me like the pixel will fill most of my criteria.

i'm looking for a phone with snapdragon 820 or 821, 5.5-5.9" display, 1440p, OLED with sRGB mode, screen needs to have accurate sRGB colors

i also want it to look generic because i want to show gameplay without bringing attention to the phone and the phone shouldn't look too expensive

pixel xl seems good except the asymmetric top/bottom bezels are bothering me :/

Most, sure. Expect the battery to be nothing special, the camera probably not either, and almost definitely no sd card slot. You will get constant, cutting edge Android updates for years if it follows Nexus's footsteps.

>Make spg krait again

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) or HTC One M9 Prime Camera Edition?

Yep. Like I said I don't have to have the best camera but I want it to be better than what I have now at least.

I am worried about battery though, hopefully it turns out okay. I remember when the nexus 5 came out.

¿Que? Everyone who lives here calls it NorCal or SoCal. Ofc you don't say that when you're speaking, but it's pretty much ubiquitous to Californians. You don't say Cali when you speak either, but again, it's constantly written out that way.
Was going to write CA but figured somebody would think i'm talking about Canada.
Regardless, you got what I meant and didn't think i was talking about Canada.

Kek.

Which phone? SD800 on my nexus 5 still going strong

Nexus 5x or a OnePlus 2 will get the job done

Buy the internacional versión

Doesn't support att LTE bands

Why shouldn't I get an HTC 10?

Too big?

Thats the only 'reason' i can think of

Opo original

How good is the battery of the Oneplus 3? I'd pretty much buy it in a heartbeat, but the 3000 mAh scare me off.

Having some troubles with adopted SD and the icons from apps moved to it disappearing from the homescreen, anyone else had those issues?

It's a good battery by today standards in my opinion, it's not the best but it surely isn't the worst, plus fast charging makes up for it

>Charging makes up for having a shit battery
This is the most retarded statement in this thread, and that's saying a lot, user.

What programs would someone use to take advantage of the latest phones, like Note 7 and iPhone 7?

I asked 3 of my friends who use Samsung phones. 2 of em uses S7 edge and the other s6.
Of the S7 has a crack in it and all three of them complain how delicate their phones are.

Why do Samsung makes phones with glass rear that are too delicate and prone-to-crack at any time?

FAST charging

3000 mAh is fine nigger

About to get my first smartphone. What are good web browser and addblocker? How about other commonly used programs? New to this shit.

glass doesn't crack on its own, they're just niggers

Same here, cm 13 on Moto E, kinda driving me nuts

I know shit about Samsung phones besides the S series so in raw specs alone A5 is the same as A7 but with a smaller screen?

yeah they're pretty much the same in terms of specs besides the screen size and resolution

no wait i read the specs wrong, the a5 also has a weaker cpu and gpu

or actually there are different a5 and a7 so it depends on which specific versions you're asking about

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5-6761.php
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a5_(2016)-7789.php

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7-6763.php
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7_(2016)-7759.php

I asked this question 5 or 6 /spg/s back and got shitstormed on by samsung fanboys.

Okay I need a phone with a decent camera, SD storage option, dont care much about RAM(just shouldnt be slow) CPU doesnt have to be crazy good and around 150$ I'm using telia carrier in Baltics(estonia)
I was thinking about the Motorola G(3rd Gen)

you probably just perceive them as delicate because they're expensive and look fancy, you wouldn't worry about the durability of a cheap chinkphone to the same extent

Mediatek or Snapdraggon?

Also say why?

Pls thank you.

OPX best budget phone

You're right. I got my answer. Thanks.

mediatek because qualcomm is a borderline monopoly

snapdragon because their gpus use 32 bit floats across the board so they're more accurate than mediatek gpus which only have 16 bit floats at most in the fragment shader and snapdragon is more common so app developers probably programmed games and stuff primarily on snapdragon devices

The 2016 version

nvm my snapdragon 800 uses 32 bit floats in the vertex shader but 16 bit floats in the fragment shader for lowp and mediump, but it also has highp 32 bit floats which not all devices have

>which not all devices have
in the fragment shader

they're basically the same except for the screen size and the a5 has a little bit smaller battery capacity (2900 mAh vs 3300 mAh)

but it doesn't matter so disregard what i said i suck cocks

>those teeth
>no tities
>qt3.14
wat

No one cares that you like obese niggers

Pixel is fucking hideous, how's the 1+3?

>Pixel is fucking hideous
Honestly, what were they thinking?

while the redmi note3pro has really good features and specs for its price, including sd card, it also has
>Lollipop
>miui iphone clone chink rom
>non removable battery
>5.5" screen

these are huge cons for me and the g4play just delivers in the areas i care about the most which are
>updates
>vanilla android if not rom support
>swapable battery
>sd card support
>screen not above 5"

all of these combined with its price make this the perfect phone for me.
all i ever do with a phone is lurk the chans, watch the occasional youtube vid and keep track of muh gains with my trusty gym app (called Gym Run, its fkn gr8) while listening to music. the 2gigs of ram are more than enough to smoothly handle all of this.

>google
>thinking

half of those are usb 2.0

I need a cheap decent phone like k3 note(none near me) to download movie. Recommend pls

>ITS ALL BOUT DA BOOBS

There's more to a woman than her boobs. There's more to a woman than her body.

Nipples on smaller breasts happen to be more erogenously sensitive.

i like boobies

post your antutu benchmarks so i can feel better about mi5s coming soon

It really is a potential gamechanger, so if they fuck it up with bootloops again I'm going to be pissed because that will probably be the final nail in the SD slot and removable battery's coffins.

Or you can just not be a fucking mong and close your browser tabs.

Redmi Note 3 pro is the perfect phone for me... except for the size.

What's the best alternative with a 5" screen? The Note 3 pro or is there something else?

PIXEL XL WITH SD CARD SLOT CONFIRMED
archive.fo/vwZyx

PRAISE GOOGLE

maybe it's not too bad in portrait mode but in landscape it's unsettling... ugh i might have to go with this one anyway, assuming the screen has good color accuracy

Redmi 3 Pro or Mi4c. Avoid redmi 3s it has radio issues.

Nexus 6P, though you'll have to switch on sRGB mode in the dev settings

Jesus reading through here just shows once more that brown people shouldnt be allowed to comment on the internet.

Nonwhites ruin everything. Fkn retards man

nexus 6p would be good but i want snapdragon 820/821 instead of 810

Now that pixel is confirmed garbage should I get a 5X? I currently have a 6

Will the price drop significantly once the pixel is out?

I like my relationships beautifully equal. :)

Wait out for the presentation tomorrow and preferably also wait for some people to give reviews on it before making any decision.

In the meantime, look at the V20. Has everything you want plus some neat other features like a second display.

It will be laughably cheap on black friday

I hope you feel good now.
[spoiler]ZUK Z2 is on its way[/spoiler]

>androidauthority.com/lg-v20-g5-note-7-s7-edge-display-showdown-715493/
>Unbelievably cold color temperature
>Ouch, it’s poorly color calibrated
jesus christ

if this is real I'm in

I know that monitors can be calibrated to great color accuracy. Isn't there something like that for phones? I doubt many smartphones have good accuracy since it's not very important for most people. Dictatorship of the majority.

You think the same will go for the 6P? I was all geared up and ready to /V20/ out, but general consensus seems that the Koreans are not to be trusted.

>tfw half korean, ashamed of my billionaire brethren for making such a shit line of bootloopy devices

It's not

android sucks for color correction

recent samsung devices and nexus 6p are supposed to have great sRGB accuracy, and pixel will probably have it too

>Yep, confirmed: Nexus 6P has the latest generation panels from Samsung. One of things we deeply care for is the quality and accuracy of the display through which all of us connect with the stuff we care about. We created a very tight spec (white-point temperature, delta-E variance, color-space accuracy, etc) for the 6P WQHD AMOLED panel, so it was important that we use the most cutting edge panel technology available.
reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3mzrl9/hi_im_hiroshi_lockheimer_here_at_google_with_the/cvjjro4

oneplus 3 has an option but it's tinted green and the guy was a huge dick about it before he added sRGB mode to oneplus 3

No

Are there any new reveals about who actually made the Pixel? LG? HTC? A combination? Someone else?

inset sad frog

Keep your cancer in this shitty general, ty

yes i do haha

give me a phone to get spg
im in canada with a note ii currently

I don't have good english but your reply is confused me so bad.

What's the best place/way to get a dual-sim Samsung Note 7 in Europe? I'm not sure what's the model I'm searching for exactly, the information is scarce to say the least.

Anyone have a task manager they would suggest for an S7 Edge?

me too thanks

What is the best phone under $160 that has the following:

>expandable memory storage
>has enough performance for daily use that includes opening PDFs, and other college stuff
>nice screen for the eyes
>REMOVABLE BACK COVER
>has screen size somewhere between 5 and 5.6 inches

Thanks

moto G used

I want:

>Very good CPU
>Very good GPU
>At least 2GB RAM
>32GB ROM or SD card slot
>I don't care about the camera
>$200~
>It can't be RN3P

Thanks for the reply. I'm waiting for more replies.

>2.6ghz
That's nothing. Sd805 from 2014 is clocked at 2.7ghz

GS5

iPhone 7Plus Rose Gold 128GB

Why not look for better alternatives that don't hog resources when not running?

zte axon 7

Hey can you tell me how this SD410 is faring with day day to tasks. do you notice any lag/stutter with multitasking? I'm might buy the G4 play because I want a cheap 5" stock Android but I'm worried it's too slow. I'm just a casual user but still not sure about it.

Why not the meme?

The Mi 5 dropped to 260$

is the redmi note 3 pro still the best chink budget phone? should i wait for a redmi note 4 SD variant or buy a rn3p now, i'm not in a rush so i would be able to wait a few months

Is Galaxy S7 good buy? (please don't meme about battery etc. I just want to hear about some objective opinions if you have one or had one and changed to something else)

aight cheers senpai

For me it is shit but maybe you'll be happy with it.

I'm about to replace my Nexus 6. It's slowly but surely giving up on me and while I immensely appreciate its size, I'm ready to go for something a touch smaller. So with that in mind, I want a new phone.

1. I prefer something large, 5.5-5.7" would be great.
2. I don't care about the camera even a tiny bit.
3. SD card slot would be good but not that important.
4. I used to fuck about with different roms on my HTC Desire but that was over 4 years ago, I got bored of it and settled for Nexus phones since then. I'm open to trying different roms and I don't mind unlocking the bootloader, rooting, flashing roms, trying different launchers, etc. However, I would prefer to not have to if possible.
5. I don't want to spend much, £200 is my ideal budget, £250 is my absolute limit. I know these chinkphones are cheap as fuck, I could buy any phone I want but I'm done getting jewed by the Jewish phone manufacturing industry.

Has anyone ever used a battery case for an iphone? Do they work well? pros cons etc

starting to feel like a shill but moto g 4play.
it has everything you want and is only 150 dorra. check it out

is lenovo p70 worth getting ?

Hi, is root right after purchase a new phone a wrong thing?

Hi guys, this is what I'm mostly looking for:
>huge screen
>large battery
>fast
So far I'm interested in:
>huawei honor note 8
>Xiaomi mi max

Are there any other over-6-inch phones I should be looking at?

so far i didnt have any lag or stutter. everything is a breeze. i think motorola is very good at not fucking up the software for their phones.
check pajeets speedtest, in the end he tests the ram and most apps are still in the ram on the moto g youtu.be/s-SWST3eZ1Y

I bought the non 4g RN3P. How fucked am I?

I can't imagine I'll miss 4G much, I get pretty gud 3G speeds in my area. It's gona be alright right?

>It's gona be alright right?
no

W-why?

Is the Yotaphone 2 still viable? Considered i do not need the most powerful phone.
Just calendar, whatsapp, normiebook and Shitposting.

All girls will laugh at you when they learn you don't have 4g.

you bought a chinkphone without lte

you're the cuck of your social circle(assuming you actually have one) and you brought it upon yourself

Thanks, that's look quite good. only problem is that it's not on sale here in my small Euro country so I have to try and get it from America some how.

Only fags care about muh LTE.
H+ is enough for everything.
Don't listen to the americucks who run speedtest.net on their phone all day.

>implying I have a social circle

>no updates
>no custom roms
>shit battery life
>outdated hardware
>still isn't cheap
Would not buy/10

t.pajeet

Will you be more likely to buy a Pixel if the report of it having an SD card slot is true?

No, it's still an overprice piece of shit.

I said if

We'll know tomorrow if it's confirmed or not.

So no upgrades to Android 6 or higher?
Fuck, it seemed like a nice phone

A lot of other things would have to tilt in its favour first, like the price.

is the cheap Chinese shit guide still up to date?

Russian xda says there'll be no 6.0 update.

No because the cucks from /csg/ won't let anyone edit it.

No. The S7 is smaller, has a bigger display and is cheaper.

>Kinda related

what does this mean? You're either related or you aren't

are you in switzerland? i bought mine on amazon germany. these phones are new and they arent on sale. they should be around 155€ all over europe m8. i'm sure you can find a country in europe you can import from. this would be better because the US version may have different carrier bands.

No, up north. but thanks about the info about EU. I prefer to buy locally usually to avoid custom charges from outside EU. I'll keep an eye on it in the shops.

Blackberry Priv

Get that shit while the liquidation is on

Note 4

LG G5

gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_436904.html

Is there any obvious reason why I shouldn't buy a Redmi Note 4? I like the look of everything and it seems good value to me. Based in the UK.

Mediatek is shit senpai. Shit performance and enjoy your no roms.

Hmm OK. Can you recommend something that looks similar, has similar features, but has better performance, in that price range, £250 is the most I would like to spend.

>mediakek

RN3P.
Or Zuk Z2/LeEco X820. cheapest SD820 you can get.

I know this is a /spg/, but I'm asking for my grandma, who doesn't really like a smartphone.
What's a good phone for old people out of these three? Which would be better? She only uses it for calls, and that's it.
I've looked at Nokia 105, 108 and 225, she's gonna get one of these, but I don't know which.
Can you help?

That LeEco one looks pretty cool, think I'm probably gonna go for that. Do you know if it's possible to get it in a colour that isn't Rose Gold?

The leleco has no headphone jack
Would recommend the ZUK Z2 which has more storage too.

There's a grey version but looks it's sold out everywhere. the upgraded model with SD821 should hit the stores soon:
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-leeco-le-pro-3
hopefully with a non gay option as well.

Mi5 is also around that price if you want a smaller form factor.

Haven't owned a cellphone in 10 years.

What are some good small phones? By small I mean iPhone 4 small.

>good
>small
No such a thing got released since years.

The Zuk Z2 is like £100+ more, and the LeEco one has an SD card slot which is fine for me. I can happily live without a headphone jack.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for that. I don't really want a smaller form factor, I've owned a Nexus 6 for the last two years and 5.5" is the absolute smallest I will come down to.

How is sony xperia z3 compact? I have about $500~ budget so I'm wondering if it's a good phone.
I'm open to recommendations.

dang, well, guess who's not gonna get laid this decade

No SD slot on LeEco phones IIRC.
Mi5s plus is 5.7" but probably much more expensive.

First for Xiaomi Mi Max shilling!

I have a question for other mimax/rmn3p owners tho, how does the plastic on the ends hold up without a case?

Wat the ZUK is 15€ more for my country are you sure you're comparing the snapdragon 820 Leleco with the ZUK?

Ah, I'm mistaken it seems. Well if I get a 64GB model it won't be a problem for me. The Mi5s Plus definitely interests me but I'm not willing to pay that much, if I wanted to spend that much I'd go the whole hog and get a flagship, but I've done that shit and I'm not interested any more.

I got a brand new honor 8 for ~110€, I already got a nice transparent case and screen protector to keep it in perfect shape.

Should I keep it or sell it for 350€? I already got a Nexus 5x and I'm planning on selling it too for a new Pixel instead.

Tell me fampai

I've got a case so I can't really answered you

>posted from my xiaomi redmi note 3 pro

Sell it and get a mi5s or something

I was looking at the larger scale options. There doesn't seem to be an option larger than 5.2", sadly too small for me.

>32gb or more space on your phone
>Buying 64 or more gb SD card

What exactly do you store on your phone which requires all that non-app-usable space?

There's also which is quite huge but much cheaper if that's your thing.

If I remember correctly honor phones don't get rom support.
Oh good luck than.

Xiaomi releasing phones with US bands when? I would eat that shit up immediately.

Hmm, thanks for pointing that out. I think it may be way bigger than I'm looking for, but it is definitely something different for me to consider.

same here but I sorta feel like taking it off because it feels a bit thiccc even though it is still thinner with the than my previous phone was naked.

aliexpress.com/item/Original-New-1-77-UNLOCKED-SOS-BIG-BUTTON-IMAGE-GSM-MOBILE-CELL-PHONE-FOR-SENIORS-ELDERLY/32684971415.html

They just put as little hardware as possible, both to save money and to force you to upgrade, therefore double-jewing you, once when you buy and a delayed action one, which only kicks in when they have firmly have you by the balls with their shitty ecosystem and single-platform messaging service (what a fucking joke that is).

Sure am enjoying my iPhone SE that beats pretty much everything on the Android side in terms of performance and battery life. As little hardware as possible seems to be working out.

Music

Isn't it easier to just stream it when you have wifi everywhere except on the bus/train/car? An hour of music from commuting won't eat anything near my cap anyway.

Don't reply to bait

Yes, but it does have some big drawbacks

>audio quality is crap
>slippery
>camera software is crap
>software bugs
>impossible to repair
>no NFC
>no a.c. Wi-Fi
>no wireless charging
>software support is going to stop very soon
>screen responsiveness is mediocre
>sealed in battery
>hardware support non-exitstant

But it's really fucking pretty, it's solid, screen is good and it just feels like a flagship, even if it doesn't have the guts for it.

>LG skin

Ew, no thanks.

Has anyone here used the MIUI 8 ROM from XDA on the OP3?

Curious if it runs well. Heard it just, only problem being some Chinese shit here and there.

yes, her wallet

>except on the bus/train/car?

Wouldn't it be better to have music all the time, everywhere?..

Also
>streaming your music

Hell fucking no

I don't stream my music at all. Even if I did, this would not serve me in places with spotty connections or worse (long flights, backwoods areas, when I'm in shit countries for business trips).

HTC

64+ gb of music? Really?

This was like the first thing that got leaked.

only if you plan on using the warranty

Im thinkng of getting an 128 SD accualy

30GB for me, though this doesn't account for the other two main uses I have for expandable storage - pictures and having extra room handy in case I need to transfer files.

cousins are a mixed bag

it's not your fault you don't know any better, Apple faggots cuck themselves

Pls respond

>having an all-day battery in a compact phone with a fantastic camera and a non-gimped processor makes me cucked
cuck confirmed

>pic
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>compact
>fantastic
>processor

That Apple copy sure is working on some people. Would you describe the experience of using your phone magical?

>do the work for me
mmm no
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones

pull your android phone from the pocket of your skinny jeans at 3am and then record a video without issues
then i will believe i am not brainwashed

Should I get the iPhone 7 or 7plus? Not looking to get another Android - the Pixel leaks have been disappointing for me so I think I'll get an iPhone this year and switch back next.

Opinions needed urgent.

>removable battery
>big screen/good display
>looks good
>good camera

no budget really

also no iphone

Note 4?

s7 edge

why not Note 5
and why no iphone 7 plus?

Note 5 doesn't have removable battery.

Not touching another piece of Samshit - coming off an S5 and it was by far the worst phone I've ever had to deal with.

I'm trying to install a custom rom for the first time, and I'm so confused. I've got the sdk installed and all that jazz, but when I follow the steps to install a rom (cyanogenmod) every way just gives me various errors like "no path found"

Samsung have a good hones, the cheap Chinese shits always have some retarded compromises in some areas that are very annoying, while bigger brands (Samsung and so on) can give you at least some-what balanced package with the best screen and camera as standard.

>LeEco
who /waiting for US LeEco/ here?

Those Chinese "shits" are also cheaper.

They can have decent paper specs but it's bloated at the end of the day and most likely won't last me past the 2 year mark for a power user so I don't see myself ever returning.

Besides, why get a Samshit when I could've got a chinkphone every 6 months for the price I would have paid and gotten stuck with for 2 years?

just get a v20 mang
or get some Fiio player for much cheaper instead of another phone.

you're considering iphone 7 or 7 plus and then you start talking about chinkphones

fucking idiot

how is s7 edge worse than iphone 7 or 7 plus?

Got a Moto G3 (1GB version) and want to upgrade as it keeps stalling, hanging and crashing

budget is under £200 and it has to be 5" and can support Band 20(800Mhz) as well as 3G 2100mhz

The iphones will get 3-4 years of support.

As someone who used most common smartphone brands my ranking is: HTC>Sony>(LG>)Apple>Samsung
Samsung is shit, but Apple is shit too if you don't go ballsdeep into their 'ecosystem'.
Many downsides of every brand can be fixed with jailbreak or root. Samsung is killing that rn and LGs hardware is bootlooping since years so these are shit too... HTC and Sony are pm the only decent brands atm before diving into chinkshit.

Yes it is. Be sure to get Exynos.

depends on your hand size honestly. I'd go for the plus if money's not an issue, just because the bigger battery.

sony z3 compact
good specs in a small footprint

Someone more is getting something from LeEco?

europoor here should i buy the xiaomi redmi note 3
for my father? is there a better phone at that price point 160 europoors?

>is there a better phone at that price point 160 europoors?

Not really

You guys ever update this?

iPhones don't get a massive slowdown within a year

Updates for 3 - 4 years

Replacing parts at an Apple store are complimentary, i.e. if your case breaks and it's from Apple they'll replace it free of charge

Screen repairs are dirt cheap

More fluidity and apps have to follow a certain style so the iPhone never really has apps that don't match

That's bullshit. I have a fuggin iPhone 4s and it's slow as fuck since ios 7. Even my HTC m7 is faster with marshmallow without animations trying to blend over the lags.

4S release date - 2011
iOS 7 release date - 2013

Who needs a jailbreak despite active support from a large community? It's literally a 2 year apart update from when released and was a massive overhaul on top of there being a jailbreak available after a month of it being released.

idiot

I don't get what you're ranting about every Android phone get official software updates for two years too. The official HTC one (m7 2013) still gets major security updates.
You talk about fluidity and long software support and yeah you can run ios 9 on a 4s (I think?) but it's a pain in the ass.

What is your current phone tier list, Cred Forums?

if you can afford an iPhone (as in truly afford one, not nigger afford one) you should be able get a new phone every year or every other year whether it be apple, samsung or anything else

like >I think I'll get an iPhone this year
>this year

the samsung flagships have absolutely based screens and cameras and they're arguably better than the iPhones. iOS is a tech illiterate piece of trash anyway

>God Tier
Nothing, they're all shit.

>Top Tier
Nothing, their all shit.

>Mid Tier
Chinkphones.

>Low Tier
HTC, Sony

>Shit tier
Iphone, Note 7, S7E, S7, OP3

did i just get baited

I got my 7+ today and love it so far.

I wanted to replace my iPad 3 and my 6S at the same time so I got the +. Fucking love it so far, for everything but couch movies the screen is plenty big and its fast as fuck. The new screen really does have better color too.

someone really should. ES file explorer is confirmed chinese spyware

did u get the jetblack or matte black or r u retarded

>getting an iPhone7 at all

literally the other way around

cock black

Matte, it looks some ghost in the shell shit, its great.

I've got about 47gb right now, ever growing. Got myself a 128gb sd card and a phone that actually uses it, so I'm not cucked.

>Popular phones for the butt

Kek no. Chinkphones are questionable tier, a russian roulette thing, but the rest is fine.

there is no way they actually listen to all of it and think it's all actually good music or they have shit taste in music

>jet black
>regular black

what if they are listening in .mp4 uncompressed?

spotted the poor babby

V20?

This fucking pic was here when i had my s3. So many apps on this list are obsolete.

since google phone is all but kill, should I get a used 6p or a new axon 7?

then the storage space usage makes more sense but it's most likely a waste because of their shitty headphones and DACs

Music has been made since hundreds of years.
There's tons of good music out there you and I never heard about m8.

Axon 7.

hopefully by 6p u mean iphone 6+ otherwise u wasting u money

/jumping ship from apple/ here, not because of headphone jack meme but because I just use spotify and pirate my music now

what should I get for an upgrade? I want something that's functionally similar to iphone but better in all regards, especially in customization

HTC 10

HTC 10, Nexus 6P, Oneplus 3 are some good options for rooting/customization
You'll be hard pressed to find a device that is better in EVERY regard to an iPhone, some androids have better battery or more functionality, torrents, FTP, etc, but on paper the iPhones are better optimized.

>play "Tyrone laughing for almost 20 hours" on HTC 10 and LG G4 to test their battery life at max brightness
>G4 reaches 10% at about 3hours 45minutes of SOT
>HTC 10 at about 5 hours at 29%
Damn, son

on a verizon gs4 right now, but thinking of switching carriers. is the 6p the only option for me for carrier transitioning?

Can't wait to buy one next year for $400

Fine as long as you're okay with buying proprietary dash charge shit for your car/office because one plus didn't want to use qualcomm quickcharge

Are there any manufacturers (besides LG) that still make phones with replaceable batteries?

Replaceable batteries are the ultimate meme. Everyone just carries around a battery pack now.

If your battery is dead it's a simple enough swap over in 95% of phones.

Should I get a moto g play or svae up for a blu life one x2? the 4gb ram and 64gb storage on the blu phne for 200 bucks seems nice

>blu life one x2
If it gets roms because of its SD430, then it'll be a great phone. The SoC is a little under powered but the 4GB of ram is bound to keep it alive for a while.

I've heard good things about the G4P though, despite Lenovorola.

What are some android apps actually worth buying?

unified remote

how come so many of you are talking about gay for pay in a phone thread? are y'all that broke? i'm sure there are other & safer ways to make money

For what purpose

idk I bought it on sale for a dollar with my "how did you like ikea today?" money

With the advent of larger battery capacities, parts that use less power, quick charge tech and battery packs, shit is really unnecessary.

Guys, I got my first smartphone. It's a redmi note 3 pro. What are some must have apps? What are some things you guys do when you get a new phone?

I'm considering rooting it and getting CM13 but not sure if worth.

Only apps I've installed so far are google docs, drive, skype, vlc, and snapchat.

ZTE Axon 7 has all of that and it's $400

Greenify for hibernating apps
Flud for torrenting
Clover for shitposting
Lightning from Fdroid for ad-hiding
Tachiyomi if you read weebbooks
Solidexplorer/Amaze for navigation
Diskusage for seeing what shit is using space
Mint, to keep track of how poor you are

>LeEco
>Le
>French phone