FuchsiaOS

What exactly is Fuchsia? What hardware is it targeted at? Is it a OS for day to day use? GitHub doesn't give out any info...

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/fuchsia-mirror/magenta/blob/master/kernel/LICENSE
github.com/littlekernel/lk/blob/master/LICENSE
fuchsia.googlesource.com/magenta/ /master
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a personal project of a few Google employees. Stop with the constant hype.

Think ChromeOS but not Linux, its on a kernel called....think it was Magenta

No one knows yet but it seems to be an OS capable of scaling to any type of hardware. It targets IoT, mobile, laptop, desktop, and server.

Not OP and I know what you mean about the constant spamming of these threads.

But I've been waiting for this since a few years after the first HTC G/dream and I realised that Java on phones is incredibly inefficient.

I wish Google will put something out in Jan, rather than waiting till next I/O.

Waiting for what m8? It's NOT a Google project.

[citation needed]

Go read the github.

And? Lol, it seems you think the industry is full of good goys.

You go read the github.

Are you retarded? You have the reading comprehension of a cactus. They are Google employees, but it's not made by Google. It's a personal project.

>authors : Google, Inc
>it's not a Google project
Okay buddy.

no, u

>github.com/fuchsia-mirror/magenta/blob/master/kernel/LICENSE
>github.com/littlekernel/lk/blob/master/LICENSE

rebranding on top of littlekernel, trying to escape the java sinkhole
wont work though, google is fucking dumb these days

I don't see any mention in either of those that Google as a company is not involved in this project. I have however posted a picture that mentions GOOGLE directly as the author of the project, which I don't think would be allowed if it were just Google employees working on their personal project in their free time.

>I realised that Java on phones is incredibly inefficient.
Some old meme won't die

Care to explain what you mean?

Since it's from google it's going to be incredibly overengineered and then abandoned when it doesnt acheive it's initial expectations.

Linux's worst nightmare.

It's based off Linux you retard. Every Linux user I know says they'll switch tot his OS if it's better.

Let me guess: You're just a wincuck?

Probably just another 20% project to keep important devs from leaving to go to Apple or FB

The kernel is actually a linux fork : ^)

Fuchsia's kernel is Magenta, which is based on Little Kernel.

I am so glad I forced this meme. I look forward to reading Fuchsia threads for years to come.

Fuschia will be the OS of Google's new pixel phones that are releasing tomorrow. Google will have their own modification of Android, much like other manufacturers do, which they will call Fuschia. This will allow them to do more things they want to do with Android that might not be appropriate to put in stock Android and to give them their own competitive edge in the market. Screencap this post.

Pretty sure anyone with a brain's figured that out

take a step back and assess the situation, retards
it's a personal project by a Google employee. Remember how Google employee get time to develop their own projects while on the clock? that's what this is

>Fuchsi
means pussy in Pontic Greek

>go install

Golang confirmed for PussyOS

fuchsia.googlesource.com/magenta/ /master

found the repo