Over-Specced Phones

My OnePlus One's screen broke, so while I wait for a replacement, I've been using a Moto G2 I had laying around. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed TWRP and CM13 nightly, and it's running about as well as my OPO did with daily functions.

So why does a phone need 3+GB RAM and a top-of-the-line processor if a mid-range 2014 phone can still handle all the necessary productivity software?

because jews

Dick measuring, I went from a Oneplus One to a Oneplus 3 just because I know I'll be able to keep the 3 for years thanks to the custom ROM support but I could easily use a sub $200 phone as a daily driver. I mean, it's a phone, what's the most intensive thing you're going to use it for? Games?

Motorola don't make junk products. That is the difference between Motorola, Apple and HTC compared to Chinkphones.

OS support, usually.

If you actually use your phone for more than just shit-posting and text+calls, you'll want to keep up for support/compatibility reasons.

Literally CM13

The most I've been using mine for is browsing the web and managing a calendar. It's a little sad that the G2 doesn't quite have a power to run Pokemon Go, but it's fine otherwise.

so it can run pokemon go flawlessly

My Moto E 2nd could run Pokemon GO.

Or you can not be a dumbass and buy phones with decent custom ROM communities. Buying phones where the phone manufacturer decides when/how/if you can update it is some of the most retarded shit I've heard of

It can run it, but the phone gets hot after around 15 minutes of playtime and throttles like crazy.

Have you installed any ROMs on it? How'd the process go?

My early 2014 phone that I haven't even updated from kitkat plays pokemon go just fine

I upgraded from a rooted Galaxy S4 that I'd been using for years to an S7. And I actually mostly agree; I feel like I own this mostly so I can show off that I have a new phone.

I guess there were some reasons. The S7 is water resistant, which is nice. And I think the blues on my S4 were starting to fade. This one deals with stuff like switching tabs on the browser a little faster, and I think my emulators lag a little less. Maybe I'll even try emulators I haven't attempted before, like PSP or DS.

kys

because android is a bloated piece of shit OS

because I want to run more than one app at the same time?

my Moto G2 absolutely blows at ram management with cm13.

Maybe I'm retarded or use my phone like I would a higher tier phone but 1GB of RAM is not cut out for any remotely new Android version whatsoever.

no u

>So why does a phone need 3+GB RAM and a top-of-the-line processor
Because its easier to throw more powerful hardware than learning to code properly, leave it to pajeets and sjw landwhales to make a bloated calculator that needs half a gig of ram and 100mb of storage space.

will confirm, my moto g struggles at ram management, opening more than one app causes it to redraw/reboot the other.

Ofc if you 're just scrolling through a fb feed or message app its fine. But this is the real world and in the real world, people can't close every app after using it. Can't micro manage phone activity and don't want to choose between taking a call or finishing a game.

My Moto E doesn't get hot. As it shouldn't. It's running a SD410.

I haven't installed any ROMs. I actually can't as I have the Verizon version which can't be bootloader unlocked. Doesn't really matter to me anymore though, I recently purchased the Honor 8 and it's been great so far.

Too bad Motorola is a chunk phone now

Someone will make a better app though.