File Pickers

Which Linux DEs currently support thumbnail preview in the web browser file picker?

None

KDE master race only

>KDE only
I was afraid this would be the answer. Oh well... OpenSUSE's implementation of KDE isn't a clusterfuck like most others.

You don't need that :^)

Just memorize all of your filenames, right!? The fuck are these summer-fag leftovers doing?

KDE Neon is by far the best, since it actually comes from the KDE guys

is this honestly not a common feature?...

Oh sure let me memorize 1444846947901 so I can shitpost on Cred Forums

Yeah but Manjaro KDE is the best tho.

People don't drag and drop these days?

>Which Linux DEs currently support thumbnail preview in the web browser file picker?
Mac had that since 1995.

No, neither is having all available display modes on demand in the file picker (thumbnail size slider, detail list view, list view, ...) and the option to have scaleable thumbnails IN the detailed list view.

Mac is not a DE, toddler. Who told you about g?

Of course not. It's an OS stuck in the 80's.

maybe the best implementation of kde but a bad implementation of linux, it's just a hacked together kubuntu with bleeding edge kde

Synonym does

Aqua is. And all linux DEs are fucking toys.

>it's just a hacked together kubuntu
factually wrong. It's Ubutu server + KDE Neon repo, lurk more

Nice you learnt a new thing itoddler. Now go back to tumblr with your fruity toddler macshit

What sites/browsers don't support drag and drop?
Why use a file picker?

>itoddler
oh, it's that mentally ill guy. hahahah... ubanned already or did you switch your IP again? kek

is this a real thread? Lol, Linux is fucking TRASH. How can you guys struggle with such shit software that doesn't even necessarily have the most basic features that have been in Mac and Windows OSes for ages?

Goddamn what a fucking waste of time.

>Aqua is
But not since 1995 :^)

when did they change it? when if first came out and it was being shilled like crazy here, you could install it and see that they hadn't fixed all the branding issues and many things still referred to kubuntu

What are you talking about, mactard?

>defullscreen browser
>open file manager
>navigate to pictures
>choose picture
yeah that's so much more effecient than a thumbnailed file picker that opens to photos

Explorer
Has anyone tried 8, 8.1 or 10's nice Explorer via Wine in any distro?

Instead of "Choose file" you click on "file manager" in your panel, not really any difference.

Unity

you seem toned down today. back on meds?

yes it is, drag and drop is horribly inefficient and only suggested as an option because devs can't be assed to integrate thumbnails into their filepicker

Holy shit hippie shit mactoddler on full defence. Aren't you supposed to be posting cool things on macrumors, dumb itoddler?

>drag and drop is horribly inefficient
Tell me how

>only suggested as an option because devs can't be assed to integrate thumbnails into their filepicker
Is that why windows also allows you to use drag and drop?

>madness. anger & mental illness
I have awaken the inner nutjob inside of you again. Good!

You're taking the "if it uses the mouse is inefficient" meme bait

I already explained how dumbass
>is that why windows also allows you to use drag and drop
no, windows is the king of legacy bullshit

ratpoison4life boiiii

>You're taking the "if it uses the mouse is inefficient"
Are you unable to read?

>I already explained how dumbass
And I already explained how it's not of any difference?

>itoddler trying hard to fit in
hehehehehe

but it is, you explained nothing just said it's the same thing and it's fucking not

Are you unable to use this 1980-tier website?

>it's fucking not
how?

so you're not back on meds. all it took was 2 posts to get you going. kek

I ALREADY fucking explained it, and you simply saying but it's not any different, doesn't make it so jackass

How is that any different?
You click on "Choose file" to trigger a file uploader

You click on a file manager applet on the bottom of your fucking pannel to trigger the file manager

Get out macfaggot

chakra's tho

what part of defullscreen do you not understand? lot's of people browse fullscreen and that makes it an extra fucking step that shouldn't be necessary

I was compiling the Firefox KDE patches on arch for thumbnail preview, but these days I just drag my files from Dolphin.

>lot's of people browse fullscreen
Only at fucking kiosks; nobody does that, we're not stuck at postage stamp sized resolutions anymore.

>lots of people browse fullscreen
Objectively wrong
>Extra fucking setp
What are keyboard shorcuts

>Get out macfaggot
no u!

it's fucking hilarious that linux can't even display thumbnails in a file picker.

That's just a workaround, doesn't make the problem magically disappear.

>what are keyboard shortcuts
Something majority of people don't want to learn.
>objectively wrong
Objectively wrong. Although it's not difficult to just resize the browser into a window and drag and drop images into it.

Holy shit itoddlers being tech illiterate is not a meme. Look at OP's picture, low IQ mouth drooling toddler

MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI MESSI

I use my file manager when I can't remember what folder a pic in. But i can usually tell which one I'm after by the file name or eedie beedie gtk icon. A tiling wm you may as well have your file manager open. I prefer a stacking window manager, although it has snapping winow function, the tiny previews aren't enough of a hassle to warrant it. There is a preview pane after all.

So.... KDE, Cinnamon, and Unity all have thumbnail preview in the file picker? but thats it?

(You)

Microsoft Windows 10 doesn't have this problem.

In lubuntu using midori browser you can click on 'downloads' and it gives you a location box and you can paste the location you copy from a folder of thumbnailed images you have open. It's not that hard.

Having a microsoft product connected to the web is not a very good idea. A bit of extra effort to avoid this is well worth it.

And stuff like this goes to show GNU/Linux will never have widespread adoption. There's just no polish.

No, only KDE.

LXDE has it. XFCE has it. KDE, GNOME, Unity, Pantheon, Cinnamon and Mate, too.

It's a standard feature.

You are confusing thumbnail preview in the file manager with thumbnail preview in the file picker. they are different things.

Majority of people don't browse full screen
That aint messi

KDE 5 here. Werks4me.