The undisputed best laptop on the market

The undisputed best laptop on the market.

A reminder that if you're buying a laptop for power you are doing something wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KnapaZYD2cU
kakaku.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Replace it with a Macbook Air 13" b/c of the battery and I'll agree

2016 MacBook has better battery life even with the retina display.

its shit, the XPS 13 is better

That piece of shit isn't even fanless LOL

I don't buy a laptop to compete with my desktop, but I want it to at least be more powerful than my phone.

>my slow ass fanless, underclocking, poor battery life piece of shit is better than your computer that's beating it in every metric
the XPS13 even has a 4k screen

Seems arbitrary

Enjoy your poorly built space heater kid

It doesn't overheat though, the MB is more known for underclocking because its overheating.

You're welcome to post evidence of that

The fact that it underclocks itself like every other MBP is direct evidence of overheating

>The undisputed best laptop on the market.
>A reminder that if you're buying a laptop for power you are doing something wrong.
>Macbook

Not proof

In before underclocking because of a CPU torture test. Those aren't real world workloads.

Getting a acer aspire v nitro best for its money at $1000

>no guys it doesn't underclock because of heat
why would the CPU underclock itself under normal use then?

Pretty correct

>Acer

Have some self respect dude

Not him, but I did read an article last month (trying to find now) where it was either Macbooks or Macbook Pro's had like 50-60% performance reduction due to heat issues.

It doesn't. That's the point.

>it doesn't because I said so
>even though apple took the same i5's and i7's they use in MBA's and MBP's into an EVEN SMALLER chasis with NO FAN but I magically assume it doesn't underclock (even though that model of i5/i7 will on other systems just the same)

>A reminder that if you're buying a laptop for power you are doing something wrong.

Some of us actually use our laptops for more things than watching anime in bed

Are you done?

You might want to... ReThink that

>underpowered processor
>non removable storage
>shitty dedicated graphics
>break it by sneezing on it
>small loan of $1299

o k

>buying a $1400 "computer" with phone specs
nice purchase, faggot

Gaming Laptop masterrace reporting in! Why buy a bulky shit desktop that you can't even bring with you to a friends house to game on?
Anyone still using desktops needs to deepthroat a side by side shotgun and pull the trigger.

This thing isn't worth the price, its even more dumbed down, unservicable, and unusable compared to other MBP's for the same or similar price. The specs are really awful and you'll end up blowing as much money as a normal MBA or MBP just to get upgrades and shit.

They keyboard is ass, there is absolutely no feel or tactility to it what so ever. On my MB I found that I was constantly hitting other keys because I could never rest my hands on the computer's keyboard well enough, since there was no tactility I could easily fat finger other keys so much that I simply couldn't get used to it after an hour of trying to type.

save your money and just get a 13 inch MBA or MBP they have better batterylife and are far better in performance

regular macbooks aren't great but Airs and Pros are really good. Overpriced for sure, and not worth buying when you can get an x220 thinkpad for a tenth of the price.

D-don't..... don't tell me that's real, user...

Has never owned a MacBook but pretends he has

Troubled individual

>he went against the status quo that means what he says isn't true

The keyboard sucks ass

Interesting opinion since it wasn't based on experience

A bold strategy for sure

>yfw the A10 fusion is faster than a macbook core m

>it wasn't based on experience

>They keyboard is ass, there is absolutely no feel or tactility to it what so ever. On my MB I found that I was constantly hitting other keys because I could never rest my hands on the computer's keyboard well enough, since there was no tactility I could easily fat finger other keys so much that I simply couldn't get used to it after an hour of trying to type.

Is this not based on experience?

It's just made up.

>can't prove it wrong
>offers no counter point or counter argument
>spews ITS MADE UP based on nothing

With a keyboard that thin and that short a stroke, how ISN'T it non-tactile?

Wrong board you homosexual shills.
Everyone else just sage and hide, this is a general apple shill thread.

Tactility has nothing to do with fat fingering keys. He's just throwing out keyboard buzzwords in an attempt to make a legitimate looking post.

Either that or he's a truly awful typer.

Looks like an air. Air is shit. Apple does way to much monkeying with the chipset, making it laggy, and the battery life is awful for what it is. It doesn't have enough ports. The wifi chipset is weak, and a generic USB adapter runs circles around it.

>Tactility has nothing to do with fat fingering keys.
Its the fact that your fingers get lost on the keyboard because you can't physically feel the differences between keys like you could a well depth keyboard like on other laptops. It doesn't have to be much but a few millimeters is all it takes so my fingers can actually feel something. The keys are almost entirely flush with the metal frame and thats what causes the lack of tactility (also the fact that the stroke is non-existent) that causes it to feel like you're typing on a virtual screen.

This same issue I'm describing is the same issue on why its difficult to type on virtual keyboards like on Surface Pros or Ipads. No tactility, no feel, all makes it difficult to type on. Its definitely NOT for people who type a lot for work or school

>Tactility has nothing to do with fat fingering keys
It also means the stroke requires such little force to actuate means mistyping is easy.

can't believe people are falling for this bait so hard in 2016

>going to someones house to play games. Can't you mom afford internet or something so you have to download everything at your dads?

I'd never buy a laptop for power and was pretty excited when I heard Apple was coming out with a 12" laptop, too bad it's a shitbox. Picking up a Let's Note CF-RZ5 instead.

It's not the same CPU you fucking ignorant fuck

If it doesn't have a high DPI display then it's shit

Then why arent you using a Dell Inspiron 2100 user?

A remider that if you buy a laptop because its a "status symbol" that makes you look hip and trendy you should be castrated

>you mom

evidence please and thank you, i own a XPS13 and its top-tier mate

>Enjoy your poorly built space heater kid

This is what mactoddlers actually believe.

>4k screen in a laptop
I'd pay extra to not have that shit

>1080p version exists

Where did I say it didn't?
>16:9
It's shit either way.

Where did I say you said the opposite?
See I everyone can play that game

I fucking love this shit man. Its such a great machine, its even good enough for some gaymin or editing my DSLR photos, and the battery life is basically infinite.

We're not playing a game, you fucking dumbass. All I was saying is if given the choice between the 4k XPS and an otherwise comparatively specced laptop that costs more but has a lower resolution screen, I will happily pay more for the non-4k choice.

Fine, but the 2016 MacBook is not the case
>Inb4, where did I say it was?

I never said it was.

but the resolution is the most important part

No, that'd be battery life, which ridiculously high resolutions affect negatively.

Batteries can be recharged and replaced. A shitty screen lasts forever

>macshit
>battery life

Good joke.

>Batteries can be recharged and replaced
Thank you, Captain Obvious. Regardless if a battery cannot last long enough between charges, I'm not fucking buying it.
>A shitty screen lasts forever
As long as it's 1920x1200 or higher I'm more than content. I refuse to get a 4k screen. Max I'd go for is probably 2560x1600.

only problem is the low res tn panel

I owned it for about a week, and I returned it for the pro because the keyboard does suck ass

If you don't buy a laptop for power why not just get a Chromebook? It browses the web, downloads files, and can connect to desktops and servers.

Why buy a cheap shitbox when you can get a good laptop?

But you said power wasn't important? Why get something you'll never use the full power of? Would you buy a Ferrari just to drive it at 25 miles per hour?

Processing power's not the only metric of quality. Chromebooks are cheap. I'd rather get a high end low power laptop.

can you both quit pretending you're not just fucking with eachother and take off your pants already

Can you quit with your shitty memes?

Not even close to true. Apple can make good products, and no doubt this thing is sexy as fuck, but it's not a good laptop. It's way too under-powered, which limits most of its capabilities. It can barely run the programs that come included with the fucking thing.

It is. Look it up. The rest of the space is reserved for battery, which is crazy because the battery doesn't even last very long. Fucked up.

it is, you can buy chink tablets for like $350 with similar specs

All the rest of the space is battery and trackpad vibration. That's it.

>Its another 'Pretending to be an a Mac user who makes a retarded opinion which real Mac users don't have which leads Cred Forums to believe Mac users worldwide are dumb' episode

triple baiting, nice

Do you know where you are? This is Cred Forums. The majority of users here are running Linux and Windows and they're all leg shaving faggots or people who fap to trannies. The average Mac user is much, much less gay than the shit I've seen on this board. You'd know that if you left your basement.

MacBook "butterfly" keyboard is utter shit. Typos, tendon stress it's so horrible beyond belief.

wtf I love razer now

2016 MacBook doesn't get 16 hours

That would be this baby
No laptop beats the keyboard of the pre-chiclet Thinkpads

THICC

Spotted the underage.

SPRUCING UP MY SL510 OP

>new battery
>old ssd rummaged
>some 8gigs on sale mountain goats

living the highlive, the chinkpad life

ordering sticker friday OP

I work in a computer repair/service shop. Got one of these in to work on. Naturally, I had to take it apart to take some pics.

Mobo pic. Only took 2 pics because i was afraid of breaking this thing because if felt SO FRAGILE and i didn't want to be down $1300.

how did it feel to see the future?

that shit is gonna make me CUM

Getting a acer aspire v nitro best for its money at $1000

A lot of guys at my university have a macbook, but literally every girl has a macbook.
Why? Why aren't there any poor girls using an HP or something?

Daddy's credit card.

Because HP's come with windows and it sucks.

Literally cannot be beaten.

Want to bet? Well, the RZ5, but I've only got photos of the RZ4 and they're practically identical aside from the ports

>Dynamic and edgy design

Except when you need to connect anything to your laptop... XPS 13 is way better.

The RZ5 can be beaten...by the new RZ6!

X P S 1 3
P
S

youtu.be/KnapaZYD2cU
B T F O
T
F
O

i like this new meme. would like to get one, but it is expensive as fuck:
something like 1700€ for m5/8ram/256ssd + delivery to yurop.

>tfw you're actually a yuropoor.

Nope. I have yet to try more shitty keyboard than this. I hope new macbooks are not taking this shallow and almost touch screen feeling keyboard as feature.

It's my next laptop (sans a replacement Latitude XT2 I'm getting to use till I can afford it). I can't wait, I've been wanting a modern netbook for quite a while

ayy. where is it from?

>black

About fucking time.

Will you wait for the rz6 or just get the rz5 as soon as you've got the money?

Also, where will you buy it and how will you get it delivered to your country?

I'm just going to get the RZ5. I haven't looked too much into it but someone recommended me this site, they've got a site that partners with them for international shipping or something like that
kakaku.com

BuySmartJapan is their international export partnet. They charge you like 10% fee though.

what if I want high performance when i'm traveling and won't have the best internet?

>No laptop beats the keyboard of the pre-chiclet Thinkpads

What's your problem with the chiclet keyboards? They are great. Actually I prefer them to the old ones because of the space between the keys.

>VGA port
>3x USB (1x power USB)
>full size HDMI
>Ethernet
>full size SD
>16:10 1920x1200 display
>dedicated trackpad buttons
>retro design

It's beautiful. If only it wasn't so expensive.

Thanks for the info, but damn, these things are expensive as fuck.

1900€ (2130$) including all costs to get pic related shipped to yurop.

Post your laptop when you get it, i hope it's worth your money

>buying an expensive laptop as a fashion accessory

A reminder that you're a fucking idiot

It really looks like it's the best laptop out there, even better than memepads.

Damn, and I thought ~$1870 was high

>Yeah, going to friend's house is soooo last season!

fuck yeah you go to someone's house to play drunk brawl or dark souls with shot stakes

You are completely wrong

Does Linux run on Macs?

Yes

Yes, you fucking moron.

Doest look like an xps to me

yeah, that's also quite expensive to get an m3 (i guess)

it's also shitty that you almost can't find a review on youtube of these laptop. just quick video at ces or similar events

I kinda want to get it with the Panasonic blue top cover but most likely I'll just go black.

I'll be waiting on the RZ6. I might go to Japan this winter because I wanna go to the snow festival, so I'll get it then.

The price is because it's built in Kobe.

nice, post the rz6 when you get it

kobe? this is silicon not beef, r-right?

Wouldn't class a 10KG brickpad as "portable"

It's the best fashion accessory masquerading as a laptop. As a laptop, it's actually pretty shit.

> apple
> best
choose one

You should refund Apple the money they pay you for shilling, because you're doing them more harm than good.

The keyboard on that thing is literally the worst one to ever be on a laptop. It's like a keyboard made of phone volume buttons.

Bump lol

>205,000 JPY at minimum
wow...

Shut the fuck up you retard. There's Dell XPS laptops with twice as much screen resolution and better CPUs.

>worst laptop keyboard ever
>no ports

far from the best, if you get a macbook get a fucking pro or something, at least that isnt as retarded as this one is

I forgot to say and all that for a fraction of the price of a Macbook.

I like the feel of the butterfly hinge keyboard actually. Granted I don't own one. I wouldn't buy anything with a Core M, I think they are just ridiculously underpowered and honestly it would have been an improvement for the original macbook to have been ARMv8...

We get it, you are an anti-apple poser.

>with twice as much screen resolution

What does it matter if it's 16:9?

I'm using a Macbook Pro right now posting this you moron. I'm just not a delusional cuck like you. I also have every other operating system installed on this inferior hardware though.

>mfw I ordered an Alienware 15 with a 1060 because I play games with my wife, where she takes the desktop because she likes to sit up, and I use a laptop on the couch because I like to lay down
>mfw comfy Borderlands/Terraria/Gmod sessions with her with power to spare
>mfw I can also enjoy my more demanding games from the comfort of my bed now
>mfw you're mad that someone buys something you don't like

a reminder if you buy an underpowered laptop for the price of a car you are doing something wrong.

> I also have every other operating system installed on this inferior hardware though.

That means you have the Nintendo Wii OS on it! COOOOOOOOL

>unpopular (on Cred Forums) opinion phrased in a confrontational way with no actual argument
>140 replies
of course you fucking retards would take this bait

>absolute cheapest RZ4
>broadwell
>128GB SSD
>4GB RAM

>owning a fagbook
>calls someone else a moron

topkek

>mfw get my wife into playing games on steam
>she goes on my steam profile
>screenshots from oblivion and skyrim with nude mods, horsecock mods, loli mods etc
>screenshots putting ragdolls into sex poses on gmod
>swastikas in my artwork section
rip

>ayylmaoware

I don't even dislike gaming laptops, but how could you buy that hideous abomination?

I bought it because it'll rarely be leaving our house, so the quantum entanglement of autism LEDs and aliums is enjoyable again. Guilty pleasures, ya know?

How did you talk your way out of that one?

Dog pic unrelated.

>the quantum entanglement of autism LEDs and aliums is enjoyable again.
Could've gone for even more bling like Razer with chroma or those MSI ones with fully customizable colors.

>How did you talk your way out of that one?
she told me to delete them so i just made my profile private

>not forcing her to play your mods and enjoy them

Cuck detected.

This thread proves it's not undisputed.

See, I don't know why, but Razer pisses me the fuck off. I think it's the more aggressive "US GAMERS AMIRITE?" Shit, where Alienware at least keeps the sperginess just to its looks.

You DO know she secretly enjoys that shit and is happy you have sick fantasies. You should ask her what hers are and tell her she's a sick fuck.

>$1300
>only 1060

What in the fuck my friend.

>no clitmouse

dropped

And?

>laptop
>gaming

no

Can't hack what you can't use.

>lol macs r gay xD
>posting on an 18+ website

Tell me 1 reason why pic related is better than a tablet

no one going to mention this cuckster fell for the warranty/service plan meme?

It runs OS X.

He said better, not worse.

>I've never used OS X yet for some reason I still think I have a valid opinion on it
Fuck off moron

Macohs is good.

Fuck off fanboy.

I'm not a fanboy, dumbass. I just don't delude my opinions with blind hatred. You should try it sometime.

I switched to OS X after using Linux for around 5 years, I used Windows most of my life before that. Nice assumptions though you fucking retard.

>if you don't like my fruity toy OS you must've never used it

No man, what if you work for a engineering firm and are constantly at customer sites and traveling but still need to do number crunching and Sim? Its use case based man. If you are a gaeming addict I guess you gotta get your fix.

But why are there no Xeon laptops?

>But why are there no Xeon laptops?
There are. There's a few Precisions and I think some ThinkPads have them too. Battery life's of course shit though because they're more portable workstations than they are laptops.

Ye man I can only get 5 hrs off my precision.

>I have never used this OS but I hate it!

>POSIX complient
>Package manager
>Comes installed with vim by default
>Just Werks
>Comes pre-riced

It's pretty nice to be honest.
If you have decent hardware, decent mobo, intel CPU, nvidia GPU, and a spare hard drive to dedicate to OS X, you can dual boot pretty easily.

Comes with Vim and Emacs, although Emacs is outdated because GPLv3

I'm probably going to get the new macbook pro when it comes out and install windows and linux on it in addition to OS X. I like having os x on there for basic shit, but obviously i cant imagine having a computer without windows

OSX is a joke. Has been, and always will be. Pic related unfixed for OVER A DECADE.

Oh wah

You can't make this shit up.

>This one image again
Literally just hold down cmd while doing it, and the merge option appears.

My gf uses an HP. It's a fucking monster. It has an i7 that scores 10000 on cpu benchmark.

>hold down cmd or you delete all your files

such innovation

Reminder ALL professionals use Mac OS, this includes 99% of computer science professors at reputable universities.

>I'm fucking retarded
>that's alright though, I'll just blame Apple for it

>I don't know how to use this OS :(((( I HAT IT :(((

Sure thing grandpa, just stick with what you know.

>t. Rajeesh

I could not use that laptop in my job. It has no USB A ports, no VGA or DP, it's hard to carry around and use, it has no ethernet port, can't replace the battery (not easily, anyway), can't hold 16 GB of RAM, unlike my current 5 year old laptop. It's probably less powerful, too.

That's not even mentioning the things I personally need like a trackpoint, good keyboard, space for a 2.5" drive, SD card slot.

Are there any jp laptops that have track point?

kek
You realise Microsoft is run by pajeets for pajeets, right?
I'm talking about top 10 English universities. Most of my lecturers, I'm talking about people who do experimental programming, like those on the forefront of speech recognition, machine learning, theoretical computer scientists, they all used macbooks.

>hip
>trendy
You do know macbooks feature a unique pc OS, right? It's not hard to imagine that being a drawing factor for some.

>t. Rajeesh

/thread

this desu senpai

How much does Apple pay you mactoddlers to shill and fanboyishly defend your overheating throttling kiddie toy trash on real technology boards?

Shit, i have the 2016 macbook and was thinking about selling it and buying an older pro, but
i didn't realize how much better airs were now.

They do it for free.

>1366x768

I prefer the superior rMPB (15' in my case)

> fanless
> a good thing

iPhone 6s+ was faster than the (not so anymore) new Macbook

they pay to do it*

>break it by sneezing on it
You're such a butthurt dumb boy.