Notch now looking into buying Cred Forums

A lucky user on Cred Forums got quads, summoning Notch to look into buying Cred Forums.

"Assuming it's not too expensive, and assuming I don't have to do any actual work myself, I'm in."

Who here would work for notch maintaining the Cred Forums codebase ?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/thSLz
bustle.com/articles/187476-Cred
twitter.com/notch/status/783098078660145152
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zachary_Barth#Infiniminer
indiegames.com/2011/03/indiegamescom_podcast_17_zach.html
twitter.com/notch/status/783116822103011328
strawpoll.me/11360532
twitter.com/notch?lang=en
twitter.com/notch
twitter.com/notch/status/783173864704520192
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S54121524#p54124123
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

everything is changing and I don't want it to ;_;

self bumping

He couldn't even maintain his game.

Who?

here comes MORE JAVASCRIPT

The fact that Meme Magick said it must be so makes me okay with it

The site already fucking sucks ass as is, how bad could it get

We all knew it would have to eventually.

Uncomfortably promotes growth, this is a growing opportunity.

Fuck Notch he's a faggot.

Change is good user.

Change has been happening a lot lately, look out the internet window and see for yourself. Not a lot of it is good, granted. But I think notch is alright.

>entire website will be Java based
>everything inside one .jar

I wish Trump would buy us

Better him than Shekel-i

>his
plagiarizing is considered ownership nowadays?

Will Cred Forums now finally be free as in freedom

>hating based Martin S

I want Reddit to leave

you mean the guy who put all of his shit on amazon servers ok yes please sign me up for an anal pounding I want it so bad
at least Shkreli will try to profit from memes

What's that archive site everyone uses ? I have a brianna wu article to show you but I don't want you anons clicking on dat direct link

You mean the one where she quotes herself?

>a non-anonymous user wants anonymous users to go back to non-anonymous Reddit

>i want reddit to leave
>uses a tripcode

>assuming i don't have to do any actual work
i. e. he just wants to give the site money so it can keep running
a million times than better than whatever shkreli has planned

meh... at this time, an indian street is cleaner than Cred Forums

whoever foots the bill, i'm okay. it could even be the faggot from oculus that tried to scam reddit to "support" trump

His hosting plan.

Leave Reddit. You are still not welcome here.

Holy shit this board is fucking cancer

web.archive.org
archive.is

link?

>she

Notch is willing to open source Cred Forums if he buys it

Pewdiepie?

considering shkrelis lack of morals, him buying the site would likely mean much more shilling & direct support from him for agencys like CTR

And what's the point? At best it'll be same old, at worst it'll get worse. He said himself that he won't be doing shit, so we'll be at the mercy of whoever will be willing to suck him off deeper and harder than all the rest.

That's the one. Fuck I missed the self reference.

I never had anything to do with any of this shitstorm but man when I finally found out about it this year .... jesus buttfucking christ.

he has no money

this. I think notch would be a great Cred Forums owner.

It?

>do your thing forever in peace
yes please, thx

RMS approved
...ish

you don't become a billionaire from youtube. at least not him.

Here you go user

archive.is/thSLz

Archive of
bustle.com/articles/187476-Cred Forums-is-on-deaths-door-thats-a-win-for-feminism

wat ? no that's notch. I'm nobody.

How about we just use the pronouns
""/""

as in, not mention at all

OW YISS

he openly stated he cloned infiniminer

I'm a Cred Forums institution new friend

Martin S already said he's giving me moderator status

We'll see who's laughing then

???
as far as i understand it hiro would still be in charge of most things, he just wouldn't be the owner anymore.
and with shkreli it's guaranteed to get worse

Cred Forums can already be used 100% libre with Appchan.
Nice though. Hopefully google captcha gets removed.

>implying Martin will actually buy this shithole

>We'll see who's laughing then

Cred Forums isnt your safe space. fuck off nigger.

doesnt google pay for every catcha? i thought thats how Cred Forums makes money

What are you going to do? Ban an anonymous user? Wishful thinking.

Terry Davis should buy Cred Forums.

I'm sure shilling agencies would be willing to pay plenty for """"services"""", and considering shreklis past, he would probably accept their offers
lmao no
this is about the code running on their servers, not the clientside js

probably smart enough to find a way to keep it online without paying.

I'd be okay with it as long as the site also gets a notchchan alternative address which has a notch theme.

We could use a hero like that.

So the epitome of Notch being a rich asshole who alienated all of his friends is him buying Cred Forums?

>DUDE THIS GUY MADE MEMES FOR TRUMP ON REDDIT
>Shillary spends $6million to have people correct the record for her on the Internet
>dude that's just politics calm down its 2016

hes' a dude with a chopped off dick. he will be a dude until he dies.

wrong image, deleted it

>not mention at all
What did mean by this?

Wtf I hate trump now

Thank you for correcting the record

not enough autism bux for him to do it

At least Notch kind of understands Cred Forums. He'd be infinitely preferable to that Shkreli shitbag.

>redditor tripfag is also a phoneposter

I knew that. Come to think of it, a new chan application (serverside) has been needed to replace Vichan for a while now. Lynxchan a shit. A SHIT.

Well so much for that. Notch says he's out.

someone tdlr me on this notch character? he invented minecraft and then ?

reminder

>if I keep on sucking his dick he will surely make me a mod
topkek

No they don't. That wouldn't be tenable.

That was fast.

That was literally it

twitter.com/notch/status/783098078660145152

The tweet was sarcastic

Sold it to MS for 2 billion dollars. Used to post on Cred Forums back in the day.

He shilled it on Cred Forums before he hit it big and then Cred Forums did the "fuck this game it's popular now" stuff like with Undertale before it launched

you do realize he's being ironic, right?

The only Reddit board I ever browsed was fatpeoplehate because it triggered the rest of Reddit

Good times till their butt hurt admins shut it down

He stole the idea for minecraft from some shitty game no one heard of, made a ton of cash, got bored, bought a mansion, started developing several new games and dropped them all, handed over the reigns of his company to others and is now enjoying his mansion. Alone.

>Cred Forums will be entirely rewritten in Assembly with a maximum of 100,000 lines of code

Sold it to Microsoft and now he's a billionaire.

we need a new site for just anons. or tripcodes need erased.

Sounds like the perfect person to own Cred Forums.

I can't believe that what was basically a /fit/ meme took off so hard

i guess people just really hate fatties but can't say it out loud

Real posters left for spinoff sites years ago. You are the type of poster that needs to be erased.

the actual rage in his face wow

notch is super redpilled

>redpilled
Sorry, I don't speak Reddit

Exactly.

>640x480 page resolution
>ring-0 only, every user is a mod
Yes please

This

He uncucked himself quite a while back now. I think he realized he's a literal billionaire and he doesn't have to answer to anyone and then started dropping red pills like a mad cunt. Notch is pretty based.

He's basically an edgy teenager with a lot of money, but he isn't redpilled.

>Frasier posting will be a perma ban offense

PURE ANARCHY

hunger was a terrible addition to the game

What? Minecraft is made in Java. And what would that have to do with the code behind Cred Forums?

that autistic fedora wearing neckbeard would rewrite the whole site.

do you think java has something to do with javascript

because it doesn't and a lot of this website is already written in web javascript like a lot of every other website ever

desu that might be nice

Seems like Notch won't be buying Cred Forums... fuck...

Did you honestly think it would happen within the hour

Of course not

but if he buys Cred Forums we'll have hordes of little kids coming here going "notch bought Cred Forums xD"

As opposed to hordes of little kids just saying random shit?

What do you think Cred Forums is?

In that case he can just set the background image to goatse or something to stop the initial flood. I don't think he really cares about the feelings of the little autists that play his game.

>started developing several new games and dropped them all
like what?

Welcome them.

So? Java for backend stuff is pretty great. Spring is fantastic.

It was so much fun while it lasted

Like I don't even hate fat people, it was just funny seeing all the fat neckbeards in Reddit rage about it everyday

>no evdence

>assuming i don't have to do any actual work

With a bit of dwarf fortress as well.

No one knew about Infinminer until Minecraft anyways.

>Plagiarizing Open Source Software

FREETARDS BTFO

>Stallman: programmers should do it for free while I get paid thousands to travel the world and eat toe cheese

Reminder that Cred Forums single handedly created the "alt-right" movement dragging racism back into the mainstream.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zachary_Barth#Infiniminer
tldr; was supposed to be a competitive mining game, author stopped development 1 month after release, notch really liked it so he did something similiar. standard gamedev.

>thinking Cred Forums and the Internet have that much influence on real life

Sunlight won't hurt you once in a while user, there's a whole world outside the internet

make Cred Forums great again.

NO Cred Forums SAID HE STOLE IT REEEEE

Cred Forums only has shock value, so people hear about it but not necessarily believe the same shit Cred Forums does.

>and the internet
Do you really believe the internet has little influence on the real world?

>another cuck like moot gets to own Cred Forums
i am oddly ok with this, perhaps because deep down i know neither moot not notch will do anything that might end up fucking us up

LOL I TRIGGERED THE SAME LEFTY KEK

REKT

Do you think the average Republican voter knows about your secret meme club you delusional neckbeard?

Holy shit, I'm glad I still have a touch with the real world

Notch is the best scenario. Rich enough to not fret over upkeep, and lazy enough that the stress of administrating won't get to him.

What was Jew2 really expecting? He bought it because he felt guilty that he already destroyed his only invention by selling out.

>zach resorting to shitposting on Cred Forums - consumer electronics while notch laughs with his billions

Of course I don't think that Cred Forums has much influence on the average republican or democrat voter. Most republicans I know don't even know what the alt-right is, let alone care about it.

The news might cover one or two stories a week about the alt-right, but not many people pay much attention to it.

Sure it will, it will have java up the poop chute very quickly and when he gets tired of being mocked by everyone by anything he will just sell this hellhole to microsoft.
It's going to be glorious, i can see it now.
>mandatory Cred Forums app that can only be downloaded from their store
>app exclusive to w10
>captchas replaced by cortana voice recognition
>image upload only supported through onedrive
>search image through bing
>app must access the contents of the hard drive regardless of pictures being only possible through onedrive
>xbox integration
>kinect to be able to tripfag

The virtues of shameless theft never go unappreciated around here.

Then we're fully in agreement

Cred Forumstards who think they're changing the world are delusional

Hillary voters who act like frog posting meme lords are a massive threat to democracy are idiots as well

Sorry I went off on you, I thought you'd be a member of the second group

I remember seeing this pic of camera of laser, fuck it was so long ago but I do remember him showing off his new game.

>shameless
he made it better.

>theft
it was open source.

>implying he minds
"As Minecraft became hugely successful, he stated that he finds it "flattering", "cool" and "awesome", because it was based on something he made."
source: indiegames.com/2011/03/indiegamescom_podcast_17_zach.html
fuck off with your bullshit lies

Some space game with in-game programming as a feature, and something called "Scrolls" that they got a lawsuit from Zenimax for.

notch is the shittiest coder I've ever seen

he's not planning to code anything, just act as a financier and switch to another host & ISP

Yeah I was really just trying to say that Cred Forums gets some shock value and thus gets some media coverage every so often (especially because of the election), and Cred Forums just thinks they're making a difference because of how much coverage has increased compared to what it was before, even if it still isn't heavily covered.

>and something called "Scrolls" that they got a lawsuit from Zenimax for.
oh yeah, i remember that one, it was ridiculous, >muh elder scrolls trademark
>muh infringement
ridiculous

>implying it isn't a made up term to vilify the right by extension for the fence sitters.
>implying it isn't leftist echo chamber rhetoric
>implying anyone outside of Cred Forums listens to Cred Forums

dumb frogposter

>You mean the one where she quotes herself?
What a world. pepe's on the news man nothing makes sense anymore.

Someone better screencap this shit.

Well, Zenimax have probably the best lawyers in the gaming industry. They know they can get away with it.

I'm still mad that i bought the pass and now Cred Forums will end

kek

>thinking he only knows Java
>thinking HTML5 isnt childs play
>thinkng that youre a faggot.

where's your clover leaf? at least show it off before this shithole gets erased

No More Dead Cops!

lol what a cunt

Cred Forums is now only accessible as an app through the Windows Store.

Welcome to the future.

-Notch

I wish some really old white goy billionaire who has no social media and is essentially isolated from the rest of the world buys Cred Forums

Trump Chan
>All Japanese related boards removed
>Cred Forums replaced with /usa/
>all non-U.S. IPs banned from posting
>nudity is now a bannable offense

Make Cred Forums great again.

link to that pls

twitter.com/notch/status/783116822103011328

notch adding a shota board lol

Please be real

I'd wish for one of the competent mods to become admin. At least they aren't complete newfags and won't try to change Cred Forums's japanese roots to the new age of Cred Forums cancer.

found the nu-male cuck

Notch can't even make a game properly. What makes you think he'll be able to maintain Cred Forums?

test

>assuming I don't have to do any actual work myself, I'm in.

So he's not in

I know trannies are disgusting, but this one's particularly revolting for his constant desperate attention whoring, refusal to actually work for a living and his patreon begging even though his parents baby him and feed him thousands.

He'll milk it then bankrupt it, then claim loses to loop hole around taxes. Go back to your soap box

He was making a voxel space game and a card game

His 2 billion fucking dollars you retard

this is the most uneducated comment I've ever read lmao

Notch, aka the worst programmer known to mankind.
Notch, aka the Cred Forums backstabber.
Notch, aka the redditumblrfag on steroid.
What could possibly go wrong?

no u r not welcome here i am insult u on the internet hahahahaahahahahahahahaha bow down to me coward

Turning Cred Forums into a simulated educational app to help children deal with online bullying.

he won't, he just wants to finance, likely hiro will continue to be in charge of most things

Great idea! He could ask his parents for money

get a better trip mang shits weak af

I'd rather Shkreli bought us to be quite honest.

Its okay we saved now.

that's because you're a faggot.

>(((Shkreli)))

ITS OGRE Cred Forums IS FINISHED AND BAKNRUPT
HIROSHIMA ON SUICIDE WATCH

Bring back Snacks!

>Shekeli
fuck that autistic attention whoring jew

The creator of the most autistic game on the planet now wants to host the most autistic site on the planet. It's like poetry.

And is Hiroshima actually interested in selling?

fuck off with your repost

nou

>le haha dat comeback! i must post this on /r/Cred Forums xD

You're a bigger faggot than he is.

.t reddit

Go away, Notch is a dirty SJW

Shkreli might be a half albozerg half nazi demon spawn, but at least he isn't an SJW.

Plus if you ever watched any of his streams, he's both pretty smart and pretty funny.

And with him on the board, there's no way Cred Forums goes bankrupt.

Notch on the other hand is not the best business leader

t. newfag from Cred Forums

Shreli knows nothing about Cred Forums's history just like you. Now go back.

>xD
Then go back there.

>Go away, Notch is a dirty SJW
Read his twitter for like five minutes and tell me you still think that. He spends all day ripping those people apart for fun, and nobody can tell him not to because he's a billionaire and he doesn't have to take shit from anyone. Living the fucking dream.

Yes he is.
Read.

He literally complains about camwhores receiving money in donations on twitch and that he'll stop watching broadcast.

Meanwhile Shkreli is based as fuck, pic related.

t. reddit

anyone screencap it?

i want moot

he sure is good at playing pretend :^)

>listens to Autechre
>Invented the most popular game of all time from scratch alone
>Fat neck beard
Yep I think we have our guy

Shrkelis situation has been massively overblown and he only charged insurance companies more for his drugs.

That being said hes a massive attention whore and I dont want him anywhere near Cred Forums administration. Id be fine with Notch however.

There is literally nothing wrong with Javascript. Cred Forums X should come by default.

this

Martin will fuck it up.

emperor shkreli will show us the way

Charging insurance companies more results in people being charged more. Economics 001. You should take that class, it also teaches that water is wet, a fact you probably haven't mastered yet.

This is how actual schizos look 90% of the time

Was moot paying for Cred Forums out of pocket or something? How did he even afford it?

BLOAT
L
O
A
T

>>>/wdg/

Spare NSA change.

strawpoll.me/11360532

>google captcha
also all the google products, I don't want my greatgrand children browse my history browsing thistory for $0.99 cents

>The original autism game master taking control
How friendly to the political incorrect and anime is notch anyway?

Was notch talking about policing the site or something?

The first years he was, his mother is a somewhat important executive at a bank iirc, so she basically paid everything for the first years, after that it was a mix of moots money, the donation drive, and what was made from ads
By 2009 moot said that the site was about to break even, in 2011 he was regularly traveling to yurop and living in expensive hotels
In 2012 we got the passes and self serve ads, in 2013 the aussie hacker got the pass data and how they had netted 250k in a single year
moot claimed in his last Q&A that the site wasn't profitable and that he blew a lot of money during the fappening in legal counseling, which he said was money he had saved from the profits in case SHTF, which is a direct contradiction to the site not being profitable, and the legal counseling is a dubious claim since Cred Forums had seen much worse during the Stratfor and lulzsec days, or during the Sarah Palin leaks and even Project Chanology
Something important it's that moot avoided the theme of the sites finances from 2011 until his last Q&A, it's pretty obvious the site has been profitable for a while
Oh, for the record, Cred Forums has never seen a single lawsuit, and has been really cooperative with federal agencies, the closest to a court Cred Forums has been was when moot testified to a federal court about the Sarah Palin email leaks

judging by your quick response, he must have hired a quality "crisis public relations firm"

You may be a disgusting, filthy redditard, but for once, you made a good post, so I forgive you.

I don't see the problem with this.

If he's willing to swallow the expenses of maintaining the website and just does not want to do any work that's perfect. The money is practically nothing when you're that wealthy.

>wincuck

moot is such a horrendous faggot. the site was volunteer ran and he was nothing more than a figure head that fed on Cred Forums's popularity. he could have kept this up for years with little to no effort but instead sold Cred Forums to a dipshit with a shady past that is already having "problems" (likely fabricated to increase revenue.)

Anti-friendly. Protip: notch started his garbage game on Cred Forums in agdg threads on Cred Forums. Then he got buttobliterated when he got genuine criticism (both good and bad) about his game so he left for reddit so he could get his cock sucked 24/7.

How much was hosting and hardware worth in 2009 anyway?

he even got away with this, and only later got arrested by the FBI for fraud
how were you able to tell?

Problem is Cred Forums has been dying since 2007. Without a massive, driven spring-cleaning effort, it's merely going to keep festering rather than come back to life.
The spring cleaner must be a real bona fide og Cred Forums user, though.

>Cred Forums has been dying since 2007
I love this meme

The garbage font rendering :^)

>it's merely going to keep festering
it's been festering since its very inception

Ebin for the win.
>>>/reddit/

really?

I've been here since 2007 or 2006, I still don't really understand how reddit works
Much more expensive than today, hosting and hardware has become significantly cheaper in the last few years
tarako is a cunt, but moot sold the site to cleanse his past, after his startups failed and he distanced himself from everything he came back to the site for a while, but promptly found out that he had little if any understanding of the current userbase, when Cred Forums shat on him for being a cuck he knew it would only drag him down on being a normalfag

well meme'd

I don't think there is a state where Cred Forums can be healthy. You're not going to go back in time to the early days. The website operates in a constant state of festering.

If you didn't like it you would have left by now.

I was on drugs a lot on here and I actually need these images, so I'm taking them because they link back to deep thought epiphanies, at different states while on different drugs.

There's literally nowhere else to go because the entire niggernet festered at about the same speed as Cred Forums.

I'd rather Notch than Shkreli, Shkreli nearly killed one of my distant family members because he gouged the price of medication so much that my great aunt couldn't afford it. At least Notch has morals.

Metroid is a plagiarism of Castlevania

>Notch
>morals
Now that's a pretty funny joke. Very well executed, too, what with bringing up shkreli first.

Nigga just deleted all his tweets like a bitch

It's just nuts to think a goober like Notch has more money than some of the worlds richest and most powerful people

Like what the fuck, why isn't he doing something with it.

twitter.com/notch?lang=en

What the fuck?

Has no fucking clue how to sensibly spend it, either that or likes not having to work for money

Welp

Cred Forums has been a part of my every day life for, fuck, like 8 years now? Something like that? I can't explain how much I love this place and how lost I would be with out it.

You guys are all here, posting, and after all is said and done I think most of you love it too.

Wait what the fuck happened? I'd love it if Notch did all the things he tweeted about, Cred Forums would do really well under his totally hands-off stewardship. Did a bunch of assblasted tumblrinas get pissy about Cred Forums being bought?

the only significant event that has happened to Cred Forums is moot trying to use his Cred Forums fame to start canv.as.

this resulted in him cleaning up Cred Forums which he did by recruiting a bunch of faggot sjw mods. Cred Forums pre and post-2010 are two completely different animals. you can get banned for shit now, and have little reddit kiddies get triggered, that no one would bat an eye at pre-2010. moot made Cred Forums reddit friendly and solidified that when he went to reddit to for an AMA.

not him, but yes

Either an hiro gave him a retarded offer or this whole thing was an elaborate ruse to fuck with Cred Forums.

What did he mean by this?

le master trole

Yes. I love the site. Thanks for being here with us all this time, user.

Notch was just fucking with us the whole time

literally who

Don't try to act cool, user. You know you'd be a billionaire NEET too if you had the opportunity.

Nah I fucking hate it. I'm a NEET and need to fill my hours.

You're all a bunch of cunts, but I have no real friends to drink and talk with.

Honestly I'd totally do the same if I was a fat billionaire with an axe to grind against Cred Forums.

Who? XD

Are Notch's tweets loading for any of you? I noticed he started following a mass tweet deleter in between refreshes so maybe it's something to do with that.

Nope, little spinning loader icon eternally.

I saw him asking @support how to delete old media tweets, then someone linked a tweet deleter. Maybe he cocked up and wiped all his tweets.

He used to be one of use user...

Why is Cred Forums being sold for the second time? Hiroshima can't make this place profitable like he did with 2chan?

Hiro said "the whole site" isn't for sale when Martin was messaging him about it, so who knows what's happening.

Used to be. He left Cred Forums for reddit ages ago and Cred Forums has hated him and showered him in abuse for it ever since.

Hasn't he done this before? He's the most butthurt billionaire ever. With his money he could do something real, productive. He could build a school. He could start a company.

But he'd rather bitch on twitter, fucking disappointing.

Was the little blurb below his name always "It was consuming me. What will happen will happen, and I will not worry. I will take care of my friends and of myself. Good luck, and I love you." or is this somehow related to all his tweets vaporizing?

you can't do anything productive anymore without the government coming in to fuck you sideways for "discrimination."

Nah, that's bullshit. Notch can afford lawyers to sort the regulatory shit.

He's literally just a dork, he has the keys to a kingdom but no idea what to do. Some woman is going to come along, take control and own him and his money because he's a bitch.

I'm sure there's at least one thing he could do which would be more productive than posting on twitter all day.

Oh hai Notch!.

Why the fuck isn't he more open about whats going on?
I know that faggot was no good fron the start

we don't know that, he could have just gotten a terrible offer

So he's basically redpilled & with a lot of money?

How much bandwith do y'all suppose something like Cred Forums eats through a month? And as compared to something smaller like /lit/?

average image size * average images opened per poster per day * posters
should give you an estimate

I bet Cred Forums eats up a fair amount of traffic but I bet the porn boards are the real resource drain.

I don't want people who are rich or influencial to own the site. They are unlikely to be people who have spent enough time on the site to learn the nuances and needs of the user and are more in it for the infamy of Cred Forums and its legacy and just want to have a way to stamp their name on it.

Notch isn't an ideal person to own the site because although he definitely shilled Minecraft on this website, he spent most time managing Minecraft's complexity and then lost himself in his laziness and then spent most of his time in Hollywood in his big house with celebrities now and then or on Twitter because he got rich.

Cred Forums isn't some low maintenance thing on a moderation front. Maybe you can manage its technical side provided you don't care how much Cred Forums saps bandwidth, but there is no way you can go hands off and have the site run normally. My very educated guess is that whatever happened to Minecraft's development would happen to Cred Forums if he chooses to own it. He'll make improvements maybe for a time before tossing it aside.

We go through a good million posts per day on every board at least with a good 30-40% of the posts having images. Assuming the worst, I would say that per month, we can eat though at least 3 terabytes of bandwidth. If we assuming cheap hosting, which I assume Cred Forums uses, expect around $450-500 per month to keep the site up. Which is actually pretty cheap for a site of Cred Forums's magnitude. If Cred Forums was on EC2 or some cloud service, it can scale to the ten thousands of dollars.

>100% more shitty forks

Sure, but it's tough to gauge the number of posters. Closest I've seen to any data is picrelated.jpg, but that just shows proportions, not actual data or bandwith.

Shit, didn't see it. Does anyone have a screencap?

it guess it's time to
take Cred Forums up le notch

Wtf i love notch now

Notch has already backed off on purchasing it. He deleted a bunch of tweets after clearing it up and eventually used a mass tweet deleter. See for yourself.
twitter.com/notch

I just realized (like an idiot) that we have post numbers that can provide a count of posts-per-day.

Nevermind my stupid questions.

>We
explain
you can measure average image size accurately
i can't think of a way to measure average images opened/poster, but you can estimate that to some degree
as for number of posters, track the number of unique IPs for every thread (for some time period). Then, estimate how many threads people post in, and how many lurkers there are for every poster. Should give you the order of magnitude

Does anyone know what program this is? After all these years I'm still not sure what this is or where you download it.

It would be perfect for your stats though. In case it wasn't obvious from the filename alone, this image is really old so don't work off of it.

Hirohito should just sell all the Cred Forums traffic to the FBI/NSA.

That was beerowser. or Cred Forumsrowser, or some variant name that people called botnet because it was closed source.

It's probably not public because if any retard could use it then Cred Forums's bandwidth would be raped even more.

#ADDICTED

twitter.com/notch/status/783173864704520192

>"Loading Java applet" on every page load
Yeah, how baad could it get?

I meant we as a website, collectively.

If you're talking about the bigger boards vs smaller, do a proportion calculation with and my rough numbers to get an estimate.

>notch

he won a lottery once and now he just posts on twitter for attention and to try to stay relevant when the world has moved on and he can't stay relevant by making games because he sucks at it.

it's pretty sad to watch really. he was worshipped at one point, most people can't deal with coming down from that.

most of this data can be obtained from Cred Forums api which serves json files. negligible bandwidth costs.

Honestly if notch was just the bank for Cred Forums I think it'd be pretty neat.

>He couldn't even maintain his game.

>Microshit purchased it for a sum above $4 billion dollars

Tell me again why hes a failure you fucking retard. It doesnt matter that the game is for kids. He made fucking toppest bank from a litteral basement project. He is everything Cred Forums idolizes to be.

Good for him. He should delete it instead of posting more on it.

I quit Facebook, I didn't do that by posting on Facebook.

>We go through a good million posts per day on every board at least with a good 30-40% of the posts having images. Assuming the worst, I would say that per month, we can eat though at least 3 terabytes of bandwidth. If we assuming cheap hosting, which I assume Cred Forums uses, expect around $450-500 per month to keep the site up. Which is actually pretty cheap for a site of Cred Forums's magnitude. If Cred Forums was on EC2 or some cloud service, it can scale to the ten thousands of dollars.
This is helpful. My initial thinking is that should the unthinkable happen and Cred Forums be shut down, many of the smaller boards could be run independently from the rest at a minimal cost (enough for one or a few people to absorb). Of course, it's doubtful that very many current users would jump to a new subject-specific imageboard, but you never know. I'm thinking of playing around with some imageboard hosting software this weekend to see what it's like (I haven't been involved hosting or running any boards or forums for over 5 years, so it will be a nice learning experience for me).

FLAOT user? Is that you?

Holy hell I've seen you everywhere posting this shit including dubschan, and now Cred Forums? Goddamn.

>$450-500 a month
shit, nigga, if you cut Cred Forums out entirely, I could run Cred Forums on damn minimum wage and still have enough left over for rent/food in the cheaper parts of the US

>now he just posts on twitter for attention and to try to stay relevant
>try to stay relevant
You don't need to stay relevant when you're that loaded. Anything I see something from Notch, I see it more as a cry for help

The man no longer has to do anything.and he's probably in shock from the pure bliss of it?

He sold Minecraft and the whole Mojang company to Microsoft. So, Cred Forums has some chance to become a Microsoft product.

ṕeople irl say I'm addicted to the internet too
they're wrong and gay but also right
memes

>that autistic fedora wearing neckbeard would rewrite the whole site.

>"If I don't have to do anything, I'll buy it."

Lacking basic reading comprehension
>>>/global/rules/2/

Pretty sure MS would just straight up buy it if they wanted it.

I think the $400-$500/month in bandwith costs are very clearly understated (probably by a factor of at least 10), but the million-posts-per-day makes some sense.

He thinks Cred Forums involves no work, what a laugh. Moot worked his balls off keeping this site afloat, the reason it's sinking is because Gookmoot didn't do jack shit. When moot handed the site off, it was stable and making enough money, so what happened between then and now?

>3tb per month

lol, are you retarded? www.chansluts.com uses at least 300gb per month and it only has 3k uniques per day.

Either way, shit's cheap as fuck to run. $4000-5000 a month is an average college-educated person's income. I love how lightweight this site is.

this shit is comfy as fuck
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/S54121524#p54124123

that's not how human psychology works, though. People only value things they don't have, once you have all the money then you moved onto women, respect etc.

That's why filthy rich people keep working, they love being the CEO of a big company, being a mover and have people treating them with respect and admiration.

The problem is Notch is fat and autistic, he can never get women or respect, and he came into money mostly by luck.

The honest truth is that once you get beyond the 100k/year range the marginal value of additional money is very little.

>billionaire
>he can never get women or respect
pick one

Having sex with a women who wants your money isn't the same as being able to 'get women.' The physical actions are the same, but the motivations and longevity are very different.

>being a stupid and poor

you have no idea what you are talking about.

i wouldnt mind notch is a pretty cool hands of guy going on lots of vacations and shit. We need a new king now that moot is gone i feel that notch is pretty worthy of worship. Just don't sell us to microsoft please.

>Faggot wants people to leave for Reddit

Fucking lel

We would all go to 8 chan it would be another gamergate

im gay

oh

kek

>100k/year
This number is only talking about emotional levels. I'd only really feel it's unnecessary if I'm above 10m. Mainly to sustain my lifestyle indefinitely without working.