Is genetic code open source?

Is genetic code open source?

Yes. There's a torrent somewhere for the entire human genome, it's about 4 gigs. I downloaded it a while ago.

No, you can only patch bugs via plastic surgery

Nope. Corporations have already been patenting our genes for years.

They don't actually technically patent the sequence itself, it's usually a patent on some necessary process to get any use out of the gene.

For example, if you wanted to use a human sequence to make massive amounts of a protein, they patent the process by which you isolate the gene, transform it to a bacteria, and tell the bacteria to massively express it. It's a super easy process to do too, undergrads do it all the time in labs.

So even if you had a lab and knew the sequence for this protein, it's illegal to do all this and distribute it even though it's common knowledge.

It's like telling small farmers they aren't allowed to grow their own food.

Yes, I created my son with notepad++. He is my greatest disappointment.

d-dad?

Hello my beautiful son. I regret you simply by virtue of your existence. Pic very related, you homo

Why don't we kill these people?

cause you're too busy whining about fags, trannies and refugees just like they want you to

You're confusing open source with freedom.
Patents are open source by design.

how I love my fags and trannies

>cause you're too busy whining about fags, trannies and refugees just like they want you to
This.

The biotech versions of Trump are the ones doing this. Though they own the democrats too so that doesn't make any difference.

It's usually the discovery that a gene is related to some protein or whatever and what that protein does, which is patented. Sometimes they'll take existing IP which is in the public domain such as some student's publicly funded university research and then they'll improve it by 1% somehow and patent the result. If you use it, then even though you're not using their 1% improvement, it's close enough for them to sue and keep a court tied up for literally years. Then you run out of money and have to give up suing them or you go bankrupt and they get to own your research/work and even your actual lawsuit which they then drop.

Anime mod when?

>how I love my fags and trannies
Then you're not doing what they want, they want you worrying about social degeneracy and hating them.

You're right. I was confused when I wrote that because I had a freedom boner.

There is literally nothing wrong with this.

No, because the source code doesn't exist. Think about what machine code is vs source code. DNA is basically like machine code.

It's a mix. We know the language of which codons create particular amino acids, but we have no good way of perfectly predicting structural interactions. It's just too complex of a system.

The way of the future is will be more abstracted. Artificial selection and a greater ability to make molecular simulations. Our current technology requires supercomputers to recreate simulations that only last a fraction of a second. Even then, their molecular models are only incorporating classical mechanics, nothing quantum.

Ahmed culturally enriching me and my friends and family through rape and murder is a more serious threat than a few ebul corporashunz

Just like machine code. We know how machine code works.

The difference between source and machine code is source code is made to be human readable with comments.

DNA is just one block of code with no comments and without human readability in mind.

Agreed.

The question is what path we'll take to get a viable higher-order language.

To love is not to be loved