HTC10 the best value phone for 2016 Q4

The HTC 10 is available unlocked in Carbon Gray, Glacier Silver, and Topaz Gold. It’ll be available in Camellia Red in “early October”, but it’s unclear if that model will be available before HTC’s sale ends. The HTC 10 is also available in T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint-specific versions.

As a refresher, the HTC 10’s feature set includes a 5.2-inch 2560x1440 Super LCD 5 screen, 12-megapixel camera with laser autofocus and optical image stabilization, 4GB of RAM, a Snapdragon 820 processor, 32GB of storage, a microSD slot, a fingerprint reader, and a 3,000mAh battery that charges over USB Type-C.

In October it will drop by $150 to entice holiday sales.

Not bad value if you ask me.

Just paid $800 for my s6 edge

After discount, yes. Regular price? No.

>After discount, yes. Regular price? No.
Ya it's roughly $822 CDN right now. My lg g5 has a removable battery and it was $800 CDN. This would be really good value after $150 discount.

HTC still makes modified android roms? Xposed modules are bitch to install along with the root method

That would only make it the same price as the s7 is now. And the s7 will only get cheaper.

I live in Canada. My last day to return my OP3 is tomorrow.
Return this $500 phone for HTC 10?

Yes.
HTC is so far the best flagship of 2016.
>SD card (with adoptable storage)
>Easy to root (HTC will officially support you)
> Build quality like a tank.
>Sense UI (smoother than stock)
>headphones -jack with 24 DAC (and can use USB headphones as well)
>USB-C 3.1
> 3000 mAh battery with quick charge 3.0
>Safe to use (No explosions)
It really checks all the top features, yet still underrated for reasons i don't know.

What warrants $300 more?
The OP3 is great at multitasking and battery is adequate enough for me and it doesn't overheat.
Problems are speakers, screen quality, and camera.
Is it worth the upgrade for me?

And yet no stereo front facing speakers

Guess I'll keep my HTC One m8 for another year and see then if they bring back the glorious boomsound speakers.

Been looking into Nexus 6p and Axon 7 as well but eh no sd card or shitty software

If I were you, I'll get the 10, but if you're satisfied with OP3, then keep it.

There is no huge deference without the front speakers as the boom sound itself is just a software implementations.
Don't get me wrong, I still have the M8 and I like it, but I didn't notice a huge sounds drop using the 10 (even if you cover the speakers in 10, the sound won't mute, so it is like the M8 but without the grills)

>touchwizz

>Easy to root (HTC will officially support you)

htc have a tool to unlock the bootloader. thats all they do.

also the tool essentially lets them know what youve done if you try claim warranty.

I have had m8 and 10 now and I can say the new speakers work fine. It's not shitty phone speakers like you normally get.

>smoother than stock

Smell bullshit

Also it's HTC so the camera is probably shittier than other flagships.

Nah it's not bad mate
Definitely better than my LG Bootloop4, more natural colors and better in the dark

Compare it to phones this gen though.

I'm sure Samsung shits all over it.

HTC 10 is a nice phone, overpriced at launch still overpriced even after a $150 rebate.

>the best value phone for 2016
There's no way you can't take this title from OnePlus 3.

Its nice to see that they filled out the back but they still left the fucking glass camera lens sticking out. Thick phone without lens protection its like shitting after get out of the shower.

Only in terms of color saturation and quality in the dark
The 10 is a pretty above-average camera, so it's not like it's a sacrifice

I just checked dxo Mark, maybe you're right. It got high marks.

Wake me up when we have an Android phone with

USB-C 3.1
SD Card (With Adoptable Storage)
Qi Wireless Charging
Bootloader is unlockable

I think it either uses the same or a similar model of the sensor in the 6P. With my limited experience it's pretty fast and looks good, and normies won't see the difference when they're used to seeing grainy iphone 4/5 photos.

HTC 10 isn't a bad phone.

I'd say the V20 is better.

Its camera probably sits 4th behind Samsung, Apple and LG. Its marginally behind. Their best camera yet.

And the app it includes isn't too shabby either.

Good to know, maybe it will be worth a purchase for some then if it comes down to 550. The pixel is still top on my list depending on how this launch goes.

I still remember the m8 camera, what a piece of shit. I would've likely purchased one of those over my iPhone 6+ if the camera wasn't shite.

I've been eyeing the 10 ever since it came out but have been continuously putting it off. I was thinking about waiting for the Pixel phones but they easily look DOA so now I'm torn between the 6P and the HTC 10 again.

I don't really do much on my current Nexus 5 but I do play Ingress very frequently, which makes the phone heat up quite a bit and makes multitasking impossible as it throttles.