What does Cred Forums think of pic related?

What does Cred Forums think of pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lvLiVGKPLuI
youtube.com/watch?v=f4m0i4RaEls
youtube.com/watch?v=ByE5NN9upLU
tesla.com/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you
wsj.com/articles/elon-musks-subsidy-aggregation-1466638430
electrek.co/2015/06/02/complete-breakdown-of-the-4-9-billion-in-government-support-the-la-times-claims-elon-musks-companies-are-receiving/
space.com/33593-spacex-first-test-firing-used-falcon-9.html
mileswmathis.com/musk.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

eh's a bretty cool guy :DDDD

It's black and white.

Seems like a pretty cool guy. Works hard to be influential so he can change we world in a way that he believes in. reserved, ironic sense of humor.

Would get smashed and dance to mariachi band with deso sempie.

Elon doesn't drink afaik. Probably the odd wine or beer.

Sure. He does into mariachi bands though

That is true [spoiler]I like mariachi too :3[/spoiler]

Is that Christian Koenigsegg?

If a private corporation puts a person on Mars before the US government, it's ogre for America.

a god

I've been reading South African news and the white people there make fun of Europe for the terrorist attacks and refugee flood.

They say it's no longer safe to visit and they no longer dream of moving to Europe.

youtube.com/watch?v=lvLiVGKPLuI

youtube.com/watch?v=f4m0i4RaEls

youtube.com/watch?v=ByE5NN9upLU

>a private Corp based in America with help from American government.

It would show capitalism wins.

deprecated

contender for 21st century's biggest Conman, he's getting close to Jobs to snatch the throne

not butthurt but how

Care to explain how? PS he's more of an engineer and entrepeneur than Jobs ever was.

Would fly to mars with.

How could one be so wrong? Elon Musk is a genius, a philanthropist and the world's great CEO, perhaps the worlds greatest man. A few noteworthy accomplishments.

>Turned a garage project in California into Tesla, the worlds premiere electric vehicle manufacturer.
>Tesla's Model S had range that blows away it's competitors and received an unheard-of 99/100 rating on Consumer Reports.
>His start SpaceX is revolutionizing how we think of space, and how we get there. He has already lowered the price of an equivalent payload about 300%.
>SpaceX is the first company to attempt and successfully retrieve a rocket booster from LEO, another cost-saving measure and the beginning of reusability in rockets.
>Musk's new Gigafactory will MORE THAN DOUBLE the ENITRE WORLD'S production of lithium ion. All from one facility.

There are many more but just some highlights.

>literally African
>lives on government gibs-me-dats
>produces products for rich people

Worse than Jobs because Jobs didn't need corporate welfare desu senpai.

His being awarded a NASA contract is not gib-me-dats moron. I'm not sure he's received any direct subsidies. I know the government offers a subsidy to consumers who purchase an electric vehicle, and Tesla's cars qualify for that subsidy, but that goes to the consumer, not Tesla.

Also his Model 3 is going to be priced around 35k, which is not cheap but an amazing price for the car itself.

Also it's worth noting many of his ventures, like Gigafactory, are focused on making things cheaper by increasing economies of scale.

PS: Elon Musk gave away all his Tesla patents. Do you think that patent monkey Jobs would ever even consider this?

tesla.com/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you

>he's not getting subsidies
>except for the ones he's getting
wsj.com/articles/elon-musks-subsidy-aggregation-1466638430

I hope he succeeds, but I still like my dino powered car.

Thanks for that WSJ paywall article, truly informative. I'll track down a real article in a minute.

The government offers subsidies, Musk takes them. I'm not too upset about this. This is the environment he has to work in. SpaceX absolutely requires he be in bed with government, but that's not subsidized so oh well. I will judge the man by his actions.

electrek.co/2015/06/02/complete-breakdown-of-the-4-9-billion-in-government-support-the-la-times-claims-elon-musks-companies-are-receiving/
Here's an article without a paywall.

based

Bump?

he's a giant fucking meme and real scientists hate his guts. he will probably be responsible for the next AI funding winter when the bubble of his ridiculous high-risk investment empire finally pops

Tenacious visionary.

kek. You think he's a bubble? Can you even into economics?

Everyone who has worked with Musk holds him in extremely high regard, afaik.

>afaik
as an addendum, it is fucking exhausting dealing with pop/sci/ morons who worship this guy because he promises them their sci-fi fantasies within their lifetimes

if you want to worship someone worship sergei brin, at least he was a decent research scientist, and he's investing in companies like deepmind that are doing real research instead of wish fulfillment for the Singularitarian generation

Sergei Brin seems like a cool guy but what's wrong with Musk? I mean, Brin has more money but I am seeing a LOT more activity from Musk.

Google is honestly kind of obnoxious, idk if I could say the same about Musk's companies. Musk makes bold claims and I doubt he can deliver on all of them, but being excited about a man that has delivered on so much is nothing to be ashamed about. So fuck you.

>Elon Musk designs a better rocket and a better car
>Not a real scientist.
Don't be such a daft cunt. SpaceX employees repeatedly say they're amazed at Musk's breadth of knowledge and it's clear he's making strides.

Could this have anything, ANYTHING to do with Sergey being a Jew?

>I am seeing a LOT more activity from Musk.
it's because the hustle is his output and his contribution, since his businesses require huge investments. it is his job to make you know about him. fuck you for falling for it

>Man it's so horrible Musk's vision spans beyond his wallet
You must be a shill for the competition.

Let's get more positive in this thread. What are you most excited about from Musk? The Model 3, Gigafactory, or the ITS?

>Everyone who has worked with Musk holds him in extremely high regard, afaik.
He can be pretty acerbic but I would say even among those people who have worked with him and don't like him personally most at least respect the fact that he does work a ton of hours and tends to know his shit.

Sergei and Larry are both pretty close friends with Musk, Larry more so I think. I see them a few times a year walking around SpaceX.

You're literally retarded if you think Musk is the only one getting money.

Every car company had bailouts or some form of money.

The ULA charges three times as much for a launch. And did this for years.

Most of the money he gets are investments, he could have build his factories in Mexico.

At least Musk produces something of value in return.

The Space Launch System.
What's ITS?

Interstellar Transport System, one of the names he's giving to his Mars-capable rocket.

It was the MTS or something but since it would work for the rest of the solar system he changed the name. Unless I'm missing something.

SLS is NASA's re-entry into the foray, I believe

It's hard not to be excited about the ITS, even if a 2022 sounds like an unrealistic deadline for a first unmanned flight.

Oh, you're right. fuck me.
Yes I mean the ITS. although what confuses me is why in the fuck is it called the "Interstellar Transport System" if it's not interstellar?

Interplanetary

Interplanetary, not interstellar.

I hope he's prepared for the cockroaches

>I see them a few times a year walking around SpaceX.
Do you work at SpaceX? What do you do there?

*shrug* because it sounds fucking cool? Whatever, if it gets people interested it's good.

Totally agreed, but I don't think it's THAT unrealistic. The first flight slated for 2018 (using a Falcon Heavy, not the planned ITS) is a cargo payload, and if he can do that without blowing it up I think he will have major investment backing by that point.

Phil Plait of badastronomy thinks he'll be delayed on the Falcon Heavy demo until the 2020 window, we will see. I'm sure he'll do a manned flight before 2030.

Not webp, kill yourself.

Thanks anons I fucked that up. Bring great shame to my famiry desu.

>Employees not calling the boss a shit cunt and committing employment suicide.

Fixed.

>The first flight slated for 2018 (using a Falcon Heavy, not the planned ITS) is a cargo payload
What's the story behind this? are they dropping off some equipment on mars before the colonists arrive or something?

This tbqh.

I wouldn't mind if nasa became a shadow agency that just exists to fund private space companies.

NASA's design by committee is such a clusterfuck money sink.
Just look at the James Webb Space Telescope. It took 20 years and $8b. Most of that was spent redesigning it over and over, and infinite delays.

Same happened to Hubble.

His goal is a self-sustaining city on Mars; ie, to be come an interplanetary species. The initial colonists will need shelter, supplies to grow food and to make the methane fuel the ITS will use.

He has several cargo payload flights planned before the first manned flight, which will probably be professional astronauts who's job it is to set up all this shit. Once there's some infrastructure in place he can begin transporting people there for funsies.

He just wants to send something to Mars every Mars-Earth opposition (so every 2 years) starting 2018. Just to get the ball rolling.

No confirmed cargo atm, but he told that people should contact him if they wanted something on Mars.

I do but I'm not an engineer. I work as a technician in the propulsion group doing welding/weld inspection.

>Employees not calling the boss a shit cunt
This actually happens more often than you might think. I've seen people storm off after calling Musk an asshole to his face, they're still employed here. He seems to have pretty thick skin and doesn't really give a shit about personality type stuff so long as you do your job well.

>sergei brin

Kike. Saged.

I can't tell you how jelly I am you work there. Pretty awesome bruh. Realize you're in the company that will probably change the world.

I am a shit cunt nevermind.

Wait, so the first people on Mars is going to be those astronauts and not the colonists?

>that pic
kek. i hope that's a real quote.

I don't think the astronauts will go if they're not at least somewhat interested in staying and building the colony. But on the flipside I wouldn't trust just anyone to go on my maiden voyage to another planet and set shit up. He will want experienced people, at the very least, to get the groundwork done.

The key to all this is the ITS will return to Earth at the next periphery, so it's not one-way like that retarded non-starter Mars One. The ability to return is really essential to getting people to go.

First manned flight is scheduled for 2024.

Obviously hes gonna send people with training first since there literally will be nothing but dust there.

Thanks man. I hesitate to take part in any SpaceX threads cause they usually turn to shit quickly. I can't really hate the Musk BTFO crowd too much though since the Musk fanboys can be pretty insufferable as well.

I interact with him and some of the other higher ups with relative frequency and in all honesty, he's always seemed pretty based to me.

I heard a rumor, that Musk interviews everyone in his office, from the janitors to the engineers, and he's totally weird about it. Can you confirm this?

You read people say things like why doesn't he fix earth's problems first muh inequality,poverty,aids,globalwarming.
Thank god he doesn't give a fuck. I hope he succeeds.

This was true for a long time, I interviewed with him when I was hired, but is hasn't been the case for a good 4+ years. SpaceX is too big now and we do way too many interviews. It's still true for more senior level roles or roles in propulsion. Almost everyone in propulsion still has to interview with Tom Mueller which is equally nerve-racking.

saved

Its a good thing he owns Tesla. I doubt he'd get hired by them.

Awesome. Thanks for your reply man. I am so thirsty for Musk. It pisses me off I don't have the money or knowledge to get involved with the company.

I'm like so desirous I want to teach myself rockets and shit. I know SpaceX hires based on merit, not formal education. I would never have a chance though.

Rockets need to be programmed user.
That one thing you could do.

Nah I suck at math. I barely passed Algebra 1 on a fluke. I'm just hot garbage. I doubt I had the character to work at a company like SpaceX. I'd love to shake his hand though.

Elon should buy Cred Forums

Np. For the record I have no formal education beyond HS, there's actually plenty of stuff to do here that's skilled labor. Since this is Cred Forums if you can program that can get you in. I've known programers who've done really well here who were either college dropouts or had no college at all.

This.

Oh god no, there's too many ULA shills on /sci/ as it is. This would send them into a furry.

Makes me wonder, if you host data servers on Mars, are you outside the law? The time lag would be a bitch thou

What about Mars based companies. Do they have to pay tax? If I was a software company I could beam my product back to Earth without cost.

Mars is gonna be the wild west in its first few years.

>Np. For the record I have no formal education beyond HS, there's actually plenty of stuff to do here that's skilled labor. Since this is Cred Forums if you can program that can get you in. I've known programers who've done really well here who were either college dropouts or had no college at all.
I have no doubt. I think it's fantastic SpaceX hires based on merit. A meritocracy is the fairest and most moral -ocracy there is, frankly. A person with my level of ambition and work ethic has no place in SpaceX. But, if I could be a janitor anywhere, I would choose SpaceX.

>if you host data servers on Mars, are you outside the law?
Whoever is providing the satellite connection could get fucked. Or the powers that be could just say "stop hosting this shit or we cut off your food supply".

Janitorial work can be pretty backbreaking though. If you can make a good cappuccino you could always be a barista, we have a bunch of barista stations throughout the factory floor. And our kitchen crew is fucking great.

I'm sure as soon as Mars is viable as a place for humans to live, the politicization of Mars will begin. Right now most governments consider space "neutral ground"; no one can claim ownership over it, and every government who wants to go there is essentially a steward. Since SpaceX will probably be the first venture there (commercial or otherwise) I imagine the US will be the big swinging dick trying to claim juris-dick-shun.

It could lead to a situation akin to the American independence, whereby the Mars colony is a dependent of the US until they become self-sufficient and decide they are tired of paying Earth taxes.

I seriously hope Mars will be independent and no Earth country being able to claim any ground outside Earth.

I'm a shit cook, never tried to be a barrista.

I'm not averse to hard manual labor, per se. And I have nothing but respect for people that do hard labor. Lots of people may say, "being a janitor, that's a cuck job" but I strongly disagree. I think any job that has real purpose is a job to be proud of, even the guy who changes the trash liner.

>I think any job that has real purpose is a job to be proud of
I agree. I actually started my career working as a gardener at Caltech.

Nice. I would be a gardener, but I'm Irish, so I burn if I spend more than hour outside every day.

>send them into a furry
prolly the most poignant typo i've seen on Cred Forums.

I'm not Irish but I'm pale as fuck too. All my Mexican gardener friends would make fun of me constantly, I had to use so much sunblock.

My first job was restocking shelves at a supermarket.

Now I work as a programmer.

That's why god gave us sunscreen.

Oh shit, I done fucked up.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm a retail worker atm at 30, but I could probably do anything if I set my mind to it. I'm not a fucking moron.

Elon Musk is the Richard Stallman of the non-NEET world.

That should put into perspective most of you can understand.

>not a fucking moron
>retail worker at 30

Man I feel pretty embarrassed for you.

>Elon Musk is the Richard Stallman of the non-NEET world.
But unlike HURD, the Falcon 9 has actually gotten off the ground.

It's by choice. I dropped out of highschool and got a GED, assumed this meant I was doomed to menial labor. I'm interested in getting an actual trade skill, but haven't done so yet.

Elon Musk epitomizes the concept of an "ideas guy".

>but haven't done so yet.
What are you waiting for? You don't want to be turning 40 and suddenly realizing "shit, where did the last 10 years go"

>I could probably do anything if I set my mind to it
>I'm interested in getting an actual trade skill, but haven't done so yet.

JUST FUCKING DO IT YOU LAZY FUCKING CUNT

>What are you waiting for
No idea. Someone to make the call for me? I'm not sure where you start. That's always my problem. I have zero idea how to get started. If I wanted to be plumber, what would I do? Call a plumber? I'd rather be an electrician, I think. I could probably not kill myself in the course of a career. Maybe plumber is more my speed.

Really though, how does one get the ball rolling on this.

I'm not the programmer guy you asked, I'm the SpaceX shill, but community college is a pretty good place to pick up a trade skill in 1-2 years for cheap.

Jesus Christ you're not only a hopeless loser, you're also a retard. You're fucking 30 years old and you still haven't figured out how people get into trades?

I'm not an electrician, but if I wanted to get in a trade, I'd start by calling my local tech college. Or just googling "how do I become an electrician"

Mercy user, mercy. I'm a NEET who doesn't engage people. I'm socially retarded, for sure. Also I have no ambitious friends.

That's why I'm asking. Is apprenticeship the route or should I just go to CC ?

I'm a gameplay programmer now.
I just worked on my portfolio in my free time.

There are a lot of people who have like multiple unfinished projects, this wont do. You need to show you have what it takes to finish a project.

Try to have at least one thing that has a finished feel to it, it's okay if it's 2D. It's okay to use unity/UE4 for this. Just make sure it's more than one level and has AI.

If you suck at art like me be creative and take an art style that requires less skill.

Make sure you have experience with Unity and UE4.
Good C++ knowledge is a must.
C# knowledge is a must in most companies.

Opengl/dx knowledge is not required as a gameplay programmer, but knowing stuff about it will help you get a job.

Take some cheap CC classes in a variety of trades to find out which one interests you the most. Once you actually have a bit of knowledge you can start applying for apprentice positions. A lot will probably be union shops that might have a waiting list. Some larger companies, I know this is the case in aerospace, will hire for certain apprentice positions with relatively little experience and even sometimes pay for training.

Some apprenticeships may accept you without any prior experience, some won't. In my opinion CC doesn't hurt.

I should preface this by saying that I've worked at SpaceX, JPL and Caltech so I don't know much about the route taken to become a local plumber or electrician.

:o)

>Is apprenticeship the route or should I just go to CC

Well, if college is """free""" in your country, then go to college. If it isn't and you don't know how to put food on your table, apprenticeship is the route.

In my country, apprenticeship is only possible after 2 years in a trade school anyway (but trade schools are high-school level so they are part of public education).

Doing night classes at a CC is not a bad alternative in your case, but it will take slightly longer time.

>I've worked at SpaceX
Why do you say this over and over and over again? Who are you trying to impress here, user? No one cares.

Your sentence could be reduced to "I should preface this by saying that I took the college route so I don't know much about becoming a local plumber or electrician", but then you wouldn't be able to show off to a bunch of anonymous strangers online, wouldn't you, you pretentious prick.

?
Community college isn't like university.
You don't have to socialize or talk to people. Mostly its just people trying to get in and get out (like you).

It's by far the easiest way to start.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH ALL THESE FUCKING CAPTCHA'S?

ARE THEY TRYING TO JEW ME INTO A FUCKING Cred Forums PASS WHILE THEYRE HAVING THE SALE ON THEM?

FUCK YOU ELON MUSK

SpaceX hires on merit. A lot of companies don't. I think it's fair to point this out a caveat. I'm not that guy btw.

It's not free. I can feed myself. I'll look into CC. I tried CC and didn't care for it, but if it's the only way out of retail. I will bite the bullet.

When I went it was mostly for shit I was not interested in. I tried astronomy, but entry level is constellations and shit. Like I give a fuck about arbitrary patterns of stars.

You're right, I should have just said I've only worked in aerospace/research. I was just trying to convey that I don't have experience with the more local trade skills area.

I'll stfu about SpaceX now.

Okay, now I feel bad... :(

>that I took the college route
And just to clarify, I didn't take the college route myself. But unless you have places nearby that hire without prior experience the CC route is probably the best way to go.

Np. I don't blame you with all the delusional SpaceX fanboys that propagate the internet.

It's not the only way out, it's the laziest/easiest.

What are you gonna do? Spend time putting together a resume and apply for an internship with some company? You'd really have to put yourself out there and be outgoing and whatnot. With CC you just sign up, go through the motions. and get hired to Spacex

I've never seen a delusional SpaceX fanboy. Fuck, I didn't even known Musk was more than a a meme until he gave his conference at the Aeronautics whatever. He was just "that dude that is making electric cars and rockets and shit".

If anyone here is an Ayn Rand fan (doubtful), I'd liken Musk to a Rand hero. She'd probably disown him over the subsidies, alas.

>With CC you just sign up, go through the motions. and get hired to Spacex
That sounds like something I could do. I have no delusions about working at SpaceX though. That's the Temple. But I do need productive work in my life. NEET's a vacation, not a lifestyle.

Everyone should be a NEET, for a little bit at least.

Yeah the spacex bit was a joke guy

>I've never seen a delusional SpaceX fanboy.
Idk, I feel like online it's mostly Musk worshippers or SpaceX BTFO types. Cred Forums tends to be contrarian so you mostly see the latter. It can be a nice job, I happen to really like the culture and the pace, but it's definitely not for everyone.

>go through the motions. and get hired to Spacex
It's usually not that simple form my experience but it's definitely a very reachable goal with a bit of effort and initiative.

>If anyone here is an Ayn Rand fan
this is the type of person who believes in space travel

I can't tell if this is a compliment or an insult.

Being socially retarded is ideal.

Don't avoid what you don't know. Ask questions and be blunt, or be quiet and observe what you need to know from teachers that do know. Make projects and fail until you can't fail anymore.

Jump this shill-ridden ship as fast as you can.

I need an autistic girlfriend.

Tbh this is literally the stupidest fucking thing I've seen in this whole thread.

Please don't try to give advice or motivate people

I tried to date an autistic girl.

She didn't contribute much meaningful conversation and kept making dumb jokes when I was trying to sex her and I couldn't finish because I was so off put that someone could be that autistic.

I don't like that little "let's see if we can subvert the democratic process and stop Trump" meeting he had with other corporate leaders a few months ago, but apart from that he's absolutely based.

>She didn't contribute much meaningful conversation and kept making dumb jokes when I was trying to sex her
Did she ever say "you're a big guy"

GOD DAMN how beautiful is that though? I don't give a shit what the spacexBTFO crowd says. This company is simply amazing, and Elon is surprisingly not a shit. I bet Ford was a shit.

Trump is pretty shit though, but Elon does not need to fear, he will not win.

>muh hill
Hope you get drafted by the US military to fight alongside al-Qaeda in Syria, then. You'll be going toe-to-toe with Russia over the Assad question.

>lowered the price of an equivalent payload about 300%.
are you retarded? that's not how lowering by percentage works

Dude I hate Hillary even more. The difference is, Hillary will not get the US into a nuclear exchange with another power. Trump is potentially self-centered enough to do it, if only because he would be truly immortal in history.

I'm not voting, but if I did, it would be for GayJay.

Didn't he reject that invitation?

Nah. According to a recent New Yorker article about Sam Altman, it fizzed out.

Trump is not retarded. I wouldn't say he's smart, but he self aware enough.

He's just talking big and being a populist as a campaign strategy.

I don't think he'll do much in his presidency. Which is still better than a Hillary presidency which would be horrible for Americans and non Americans alike.

>his company makes closed down botnet cars that the "owner" can be remotely locked out of
>he get praised by Cred Forums

Am really on Cred Forums?

Magnus Carlsen to me is like the archetypical appearance of an autist, even if he does not have autism himself (though I slightly doubt that is true)

He's Lex fucking Luthor.

What is a leppo?

>Hillary will not get the US into a nuclear exchange with another power
Who would Trump nuke, then? Seeing as he wants quiet coexistence with Russia and is not rattling the sabre with any other nuclear forces (or any country for that matter), it seems that a Trump presidency will be very peaceful after finally exterminating ISIS.

It's very clear that Hillary is itching to fight with Russia, be it through no-fly zones, airstriking Syrian soldiers, sinking Russian destroyers/aircraft carriers, or full-scale ground invasion. Russia is the bogeyman under the bed at the moment, and it's all about Gulf interests in Syria. Even Hillary's supporters can't stop themselves from constantly dehumanising Putin, and accusing Trump supporters of being paid by the Kremlin. I don't want yet more fucking war. The US should just clean up its mess (strengthen Syria and destroy the US-supported terrorist groups there) and get the fuck out and let the region stabilise.

We live in Interesting Times.

Indeed the very worst-case scenario with Trump is that nothing will happen. 4 years or 8 years of samey sameness.

Trump is going to win because Americans are dumb as shit, and it won't even be because of Assange revealing proof of Hillary trying to kill him with a drone.

>Americans are dumb as shit,
t. Abdul Rahman Mohammed Ahmed ibh Saud

Every poll had him losing before the debate, and the debate was an extremely poor showing. Honestly, I think the debate was proof he's not serious about the race. This was always a publicity stunt; in this case one that's getting uncomfortably real for Trump.

The debate was crap all around. Both sides spent 99% of the time attacking each other, and there was constant partisan interjection from (((fact checkers))).

Televised debates are cancer, more concerned with presentation than substance.

Oh no doubt, user. Yet this is the barometer America uses to choose her next leader. To fail in the debates is fatal.

its a shame. he will throw back the US space program by many years. but its quite nice for the other other countries to expand (russia,EU) or to catch up (india,china).

Tesla is a different subject. He makes the big companies butthurt, so i hope he accelerates the neccessary changes at vw, mercedes and co.

in the end he is like edison. A genius in economy/manipulating and an enthusiast, but not an expert, at science related subjects.

Is there a single documented proof of this?

His technology is pretty dope, at least give him that.

What makes you think he's "throwing back" the US space program? All he's doing atm is delivering shit to ISS for NASA at a vastly reduced price (still inflated beyond other customer's because of NASA's requirements). And basically revolutionizing rocket technology.

not reliable enough and commercial rockets (which is by far the most important part) are all about reliability. it will fail unless the US supports it with an extreme amount of money. from this perspective its a bit like the space shuttle so far. It "should" be far cheaper though reusable parts, but in the end it was an insane mess and not really realiable.
We will see where the companies will be going in around 10 years for leo cargo. I doubt it will be spacex...

>revolutionizing rocket technology
he doesnt

Counting every failure, including the three first non-starter rockets, he has a record now of something like 20/24 launches. This is not a poor rate of success at all, and it's clearly showing improvement. The Facebook satellite launch is an anomaly.

Furthermore he's already proven he can recover the Falcon 9 booster reliably, and the test-fire went well. I think the next launch is a reused booster, surely someone more knowledgeable than me can confirm.

I mean if half the launches had been failures I would agree with you, but it's simply not the case.

how many from these where with a re-used booster? how many launches did the first stage had?
This should be the important part. This is what makes his launch attractive for customers. But if you cant risk more than 2-3 launches with each booster, spacex advantage over price is drecreased.

>tfw not interested in mars cause poor. Think its cool though.
>tfw still like elon musk though for Tesla and Solarcity

Can I still be part of the club guys?

He's planning on reusing his booster for the ITS 1000 times with 200k refurbishment cost per launch.

He wouldn't say such things if he didn't have any good indication that such a thing would even be remotely possible. 1000 launches is a lot.

The shuttle's biggest cost were the unsafe, fragile and expensive heatshielding tiles. The booster doesn't need a heatshield.

I just said the first re-used booster launch is upcoming. Unless I missed something. The test-fire of a recovered booster went well.

space.com/33593-spacex-first-test-firing-used-falcon-9.html

We won't know how many times you can re-use a booster until some time.

egotistic untalented hack

How can people be okay with being this openly stupid?

You're not ashamed at all?
Is this an example of dunning-krueger?
Wtf

The booster isn't human-rated. Dragon is, and Dragon has a heatshield. But it's not retarded like the Shuttle's.

iirc he said he does up to 8 re-entries before having to replace the heatshield. It there is still room for improvement.

>1000 launches
would be nice. doubt it so far. atm spacex needs companies, which are interested in the positive media launch coverage, and can "survive" a launch failure. If it proofs safe enough other companies will follow. until then, roscosmos will be the safer bet.

Literally who?
mileswmathis.com/musk.pdf

Insulting war heroes is fatal too, but it's been a year and he's still standing :^)

>mileswmathis.com/musk.pdf
kek, holy shit

mental illness is real

Based

Its not, sadly

>people I disagree with are mentally ill

It's a tinfoil hat story with obvious inaccuracies. Yawn.

I won't even dignify it with a point-by-point rebuttal. Conspiracies are toxic shit.

the future owner of Cred Forums

Elon Musk isn't the problem. Corporate Capitalism is the problem. He just happens to be the one parasite who is doing things that I think are good, but that doesn't negate the parasitical nature of Corporate Capitalism.

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N