Just got all this for $50 bucks

just got all this for $50 bucks.

did i dun goof?

what should i do with it all?

a shit ton of spare parts

I have a stack of dell lattitudes too. Besides having enough spares to shitpost through ww3 i havent figured out the answer to your question either.

What did you want to do with them? Why buy them if you don't know what to do with them?

You can salvage remainder parts to get one or more working laptops. From there its either you want to keep it for personal use or donate it to charity.

i got them just cause i like tinkering with things. obviously im going to try fixing them up but after that idk what to use them for

refurbish / check out
ebay

install gentoo

cant believe it took this long to be suggested

What's "gentoo"?

I bought one Latitude, for $100. Can't believe how fucking slow it is just running Windows.

I was the one that goofed.

>11 broken laptops
>lots of working parts
>end up with maybe 5 working laptops
>refurbish, sell on ebay for $50 each
>a nice bit of extra cash

>Likes tinkering
Try fixing that fucking door threshold as a start then.

these are the c400's. ive been messing with one thats running windows xp and it actually seems pretty snappy. cant wait to try some linux distros out

lol its on the list. just had a baby this week. house work has been on hold

probably the best idea and what i was thinking about doing.

theres probably more than 11. the boxes have a ton of spare bottoms with motherboards and shit.

he threw in a free thinkpad too when i mentioned i needed a new trackpoint nub for my x230.

Do they all come with a valid Windows 7 or 8 key?

If so, and you can reformat each, providing all the hardware works, you could prolly get $100 each on eaby. After packaging, shipping and fee's you're probably looking at a $700 profit.

the all have windows 2000 professional keys on the bottom. not sure how well or even if windows 7 would run on them. most of them only have 512mb of ram

fix as many as you can and make a small cluster

Dude link them all together and make Skynet

Bulshit i couldnt even give my pile of old dells away... depends what corner of the world you are in.

yeah im really not expecting anywhere near $100 each. even at $10 a piece ill more than make my money back

>50 bucks
Are you retarded
You paid 50 bucks for a pile of junk, I would have offered 10 and thats being generous considering how much technology depreciates in value

somebodys jelly

kekd

Oh nein you didn't

>$50 for a pile of Dell Latitudes at least 2 generations old.

You paid $50 too much. They're virtually useless. Do you know that many old farts who need a computer just to check their htm email?

i have a box of at least ten hard drives. they have to be worth more than 10 bucks

You shoulda blacked out your name and address, one of these hackers might enhance the picture and find your ip address and hack you.

thats fine considering none of those labels are my address

It's a magical place user. All it takes to get there is a little motivation, some spirit, and time.

The journey is likely to really piss you off though.

you paid $50 to haul away someone else's garbage for them, mate.

Two words:

Server farm