What do you think of pic related?

Is kali linux free as in freedom? I'm ready to leave my first linux distro and dive a little deeper.

Other urls found in this thread:

http.kali.org/kali
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

install arch it's the best

no point in installing kali DESU

it's fedora with a bunch of bloat h4x0r programs, just install the programs you need yourself, it's not hard

about to install funtoo pure64+hardened on KVM. If it goes well im gonna go balls deep. any tips on how to work the genkernel

>funtoo
arch nigga

funtoo
true os
debian + security hardening guide
powergap
fedora
centos
rhel
powergap
ubuntu
powergap
void
powergap
arch

Its based on Debian and my whole point of wanting to switch operating systems is to branch away from Canonical. If arch is the best why does 90% of this board shit on it? I'm a CS student that is wanting something free and I want to get my hands dirty with it, but everything I've read about Arch is taking what I just said to the absolute extreme. Is that true?

script kiddie os

Why not just Debian?

you gotta configure everything yourself.

It's not necessarily hard though, it just takes an hour or two of research, and you'll come out the other end knowing a lot more about linux

Arch is a meme. It's the OS of choice for really just normies who want to feel like autists with there little customization or whatever. its what gentoo was before arch came out.

explain the aur tho

the community repo is literally the best thing about arch

>knowing a lot more about linux

No you don't its like saying instead of running dnf group-install @xfce-desktop you install each and every component manually and have to configure polkit and d-bus and shit and in doing so you have learnt something worthwhile.

AUR is okay but its full of shit.
OPENSUSE does it a million times better
GENTOO is all "AUR" style packages
In ubuntu/fedora your git commits can be compiled on their servers automatically and provided by PPA/ fedora copr

>arch is for normies
rest of Cred Forums
>arch is for autists

I just want something that won't send my god damn search history to other people for money.

install gentoo

you are more likely to create a 'security flaw' on your own with arch than you are with some other distro

I'm gonna go with the Cred Forumsentoo hivemind.

>I just want something that won't send my god damn search history to other people for money.

then your only option is gentoo + coreboot
if you are going down paranoid lane you cannot take an early exit

There is literally no reason to use funtoo over Gentoo

No, install trisquel.

Gentoo allows the installation of non-free proprietary binaries.

optimized stage3 tarballs based on processor subarchitecture penryn, haswell, etc...

Kali is not a distro you're supposed to install. You're supposed to boot it off a flash drive when you need to use its tools and power it off (leaving no trace) when you're done.

Don't use Kali. It's not meant to be a daily OS.

deb http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main contrib non-free

Nice meme

Kali is a tool, not a system. It has a ton of upgrades daily and some of them will break your system.

Using Kali as your main OS is like using an electrician's work van for your daily driver.