/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LeEco is launching in the US on October 19
gsmarena.com/leeco_is_launching_in_the_us_on_october_19-news-20787.php

Xiaomi Mi Note 2 lauch event rumored for October
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_2_lauch_event_rumored_for_october-news-20777.php

Google Pixel XL dimensions revealed alongside 360-degree renders
phonearena.com/news/Google-Pixel-XL-dimensions-revealed-alongside-360-degree-renders_id85989

Sony Xperia X Compact review: Small Android is still good, but not much better
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/09/sony-xperia-x-compact-review-small-android-is-still-good-but-not-much-better/

BlackBerry won't develop any more phones by itself
gsmarena.com/blackberry_wont_develop_any_more_phones_by_itself-news-20759.php

Xiaomi Mi5s and Mi5s Plus announced: Snapdragon 821, 6GB RAM, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Reader, 3800mAh for under $300
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_launches_mi_5s_and_mi_5s_plus-news-20730.php

BLU Life One X2 launches with SD430, 1080p screen, 16 MP camera for $149.99
gsmarena.com/blu_life_one_x2_launches_with_1080p_screen_16_mp_camera_for_14999-news-20657.php

Axon 7 Review
youtube.com/watch?v=hGfMBoUlKoQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3
floens.github.io/Clover/
youtube.com/watch?v=G_P7Qd3kpAI&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=7
floens.github.io/Clover/#fdroid
willmyphonework.net/
gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_k5_plus-7947.php
youtube.com/watch?v=q4y0KOeXViI
web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2016-8279
dxomark.com/Mobiles/Column-right/Mobile-Scores
youtube.com/watch?v=K05cTPeFfyM
androidpolice.com/2016/10/04/pixel-pixel-xls-cameras-will-not-optical-image-stabilization-ois/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous thread

>/spg/ - Smartphone General
>not /spg/ - Smartphone General - Pixel Edition
You failed.

Oh boy, I can't wait to be disappointed at noon today!

I know already that Pixel will suck and google will jew them for at least 650€ here so I am planning to upgrade to a 6p from my nexus 4 which costs 386€.

Help me decide Cred Forums what is the best color for the 6p?

Graphite?
Frost?
Silver?

PIXEL A SHIT

recently bought a OP3, and i love it

however, how can i make it so it only shows the most recent emails? or the last weeks worth or something?

instead of literally every email since i made the account

spraypaint it hot pink.

Got my redmeme note 3 pro today.

Locale is only in Chink but it has play store installed. I'm on 6.9.9 global beta.

Whats the first thing I should do?

I had the graphite and I recommend frost.

>pixel is ugly as fuck

Thank god I memed myself and bought the iphone

I am thinking of frost also because there is a good deal for 64gb frost for 409€.

Is your recommendation based on purely aesthetics or any other reason? I heard that the graphite scratches easily

Graphite scratches easily, also fingerprint magnet.

Overall it's the worst color you can buy

Ok thank you. How is the 6p holding up do you think it is a good upgrade from a nexus 4 or should I switch to something more recent like s7 or op3?

I love the nexus experience desu

install cm13

Nah senpai I'm happy to stick with miui for now. Just want to install non chinkd ROM and root.

Gmail? You should be able to set it to only download certain number of days worth of e-mail. In the labels settings.

Also, I had an OP3, the software bugs became too much for me, on top of it not working with my car's bluetooth, it was too much for me so I sold it. I hope they fix the software problems but I don't have much faith in OnePlus's development team.

aren't all non cm13 chinked?

>pixel
more like pixlel

I keep reading about Roms that have different locales whereas this one only had China as an option however everything so far is English.

What is your longest uptime? Here is my highest recorded time before a few days later I accidentally sat down in a way that held the power button down.

What's the best phone in terms of battery longevity in the 300-400€ area?

OP3's battery is too small for my taste.

>Tfw phones at this point are good enough that the only dealbreaker for me is if they have shitty custom ROM support

I don't give two shits about battery life or expandable storage since I always carry an external battery with me and don't need more than 64 GB storage. It's a good time we live in, fambruhghinis.

probably lenovorola

Is this photo a good quality for the Huawei P9 Lite? I can't help but feel like the photo has a 'smudged' look to it, it becomes even more apparent the closer you get.

Anyone have any recommendations for taking good photos on your phone? Admittedly I'm not the best, but I'm going on holiday soon and it'd be nice to snap some pictures with it.

Anyone own a nexus 6p? If so how do you like it?

Looking to get away from the iPhone world, but looking to stick to a small phone as well. Moto G4 Play seems rather underpowered. How are the Xperia Z5/X Compact?

How does the 6p hold up?

I just got an android in the first time ever actually.

What's the best Cred Forums app? Clover? Mimi?

Also any good IRC apps?

Flash global stable rom.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNhdQT9Ivu0&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=3

Last time I did that it stopped charging completely and need up with a chink brick so no thanks.

kill yourself

>What's the best Cred Forums app? Clover? Mimi?
I think Overchan is alright, dunno which one is the best though.

Clover.

floens.github.io/Clover/

Can I root without installing twrp?

V20 release fucking WHEN

erm I'm gonna sound like a noob here, but how do I install clover (since it's not on the app store).

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=G_P7Qd3kpAI&list=PLaPvcEA8BA-J9_3mmzhwE5TGRU53q3oux&index=7

>4 weeks until they even start to think delivering the OP3

Fuck the smartphone market, it's utter cancer right now.
But as long as retarded sheeple keep on buying everything every 2 years on average, nothing will change.

After you, friend :^)

read
floens.github.io/Clover/#fdroid

Fuck that sucks. I'm really unsure about it since last time I managed to royally fuck up along the line. I could live with just root without twrp but QC would be nice.

I asked yesterday but no one asnwered so ill change it up a bit.
I thought about getting xperia z3+, is it a good phone for that budget ($500)?
I heard it has problems with overheating so I'm wondering if z3 is a better choice.

can't you get a regular z5 for that budget??

>Z3+
>Snapdragon 810
>$500
No.

>Z3
>Snapdragon 801
>Released 2014, September

DOA&deprecated POS.

nexus 6p

A z5 exceeds my budget by just a bit which is a shame, I might stall a bit longer and get a z5 if it's worth it.

(you) tried.

Are there still any bugs with twrp+miui? I know there are issues with switching between cm13 and miui but I'd like to stay with just miui and root.

Hopefully not until after they've squared away issues with pic related

Anyone with 32/3 LG G3 here? I don't feel the need to upgrade yet. I run Fulmics 6.1.

How is your phone holding up?

xz will be released soon and should hit the US market too. So I guess you will see a pricedrop for the z5.

z3+ is an overheating failure that should never be considered. Avoid it like the plague.

Aight that's what I figured, I think I just might go for the z5,

I have the 2gb version. The plastic cracked in a couple of places but other than that it's doing good, can easily last a over a day. I just wish they didn't go with the dumb faux brushed metal design and maybe went with a 1080p screen. Would be 10/10 otherwise.

Theres not much you can do to make a bad camera take good pictures. The conditions in that picture weren't perfect, but a decent camera should be able to produce a much better (non-smudged) image in those conditions
I feel kinda bad for you because I thought about buying the P9 lite too, but went with the Xiaomi Mi5 instead. It's pretty much the same price but way better in nearly every aspect, brah
Also, was that picture taken in Germany?

Getting that TWRP stuff to work is way easier than it seems at first. I had pretty much no idea what I was doing but it turned out fine and now I'm really happy with it. Makes rooting and especially updating or switching ROMs so easy

Ive used twrp for years without issues on several samshit devices.

This is the first time something fucked up and I'm not sure what and how fucked it up exactly so I'm cautious for now.

I'm almost sure going from CM to miui is what fucked it up. Ive come across a few people who ended up with a RN3P that wouldn't charge after using twrp.

The Mi5 is very difficult to buy here unfortunately. I don't mind though, the phone is a little dream in my pocket and I'm not much of a photographer anyway, it just would've been nice to take nice photos with it when I go on holiday next month.

Nope, it was taken in Ireland.

ada

Yeah mine is cracked too, at the IR blaster and at the mic on the bottom. Resale value probably went to the shitter. I think I'll use this phone until it dies on me. I just can't see how today's new releases are worth it. (The OP3 maybe..) At one point I'll probably try CM and order a replacement battery.

waterford?

Nope, Derry/Londonderry/whatever I need to say to avoid getting bottled.

Foyle bridge looks much smaller from underneath

What's the best Lenovo phone on sale now?

Small world hi.

The iPhone 7/7 Plus has the best hardware of any phone right now but I prefer Android to iOS. What do?

Yea, same areas. It's also got a couple of dents from falling on the concrete a couple of times kek but nothing too serious, it's surprisingly sturdy. I'm in the same boat desu waiting to see if Pixel is worth it, if it isn't then I'll just wait till something pops up. CM is alright, battery life is better but I had some issues with my bluetooth headphones and the stock camera is ass (can't install the LG camera, sadly), so I decided to stay with Fulmics.

lol

Can I root and install twrp the same way on 6.9.9 global beta as on stable rom?

Witnessed ;-)

Somewhere around 900-1000h with my Sony z3c, then came a software update. It has a pretty good os/ui

I wonder how much money they lost because of this.

Apply for unlock permissions, then unlock the bootloader in fastboot mode, flash TWRP recovery on it, then flash SuperSU to get root, all while keeping your current MIUI.

The release of the Pixel/XL begins at 12:00PM EST.

Oh, and you have to unlock on Global Dev. no OTA updates after rooting as well.

>tfw apple keynote gets its own sticky
>pixel not even mentioned in /spg/

it is a good feel

>no OTA

Can I then still update by downloading the full rom off the xiaomi website and miflash or something?

Is honor 7 a good phone? Im cool with EMUI.
Is it worth 300e?

>decide to check iphone 7 delivery times
>still 2-5 weeks

At this rate maybe I should just get a 6 or an SE instead.

>getting a 6p for 409 cuckdollars when there is chinkshit for 160 that performs on par without overheating

You don't have a cheap backup phone? I suggesting waiting until you can get what you want. You'll be using this phone a year or more. 2-5 weeks is nothing.

I came to Android from BB10 when I replaced my Z10 with a DTEK50 in early September. I know it's not a "real Blackberry", the Priv was the last of those, but I like how it's basically stock Android and gets updates quickly and regularly. Having a slightly smaller screen (5.2 inches) and MicroSD expansion is also nice. If this is the way forward for BlackBerry, it doesn't seem too bad.

Not directly. You will have to download the OTA to phone, move to PC, delete emmc file (just in case), move back to phone, and flash from within TWRP (if you use regular TWRP, you will have to flash a modified boot.img too).

Yes, it's a PITA. if you don't _have_ to root, don't.

Why does the iPhone 7 look so sleek and modern but iOSX's interface is all full of large rounded rectangles with a childish aesthetic

Anybody have an Honor 7? I'm trying to downgrade from Android 6 (marshmallow?) to Lollipop, but not tech savvy enough to proceed, seeing all the warnings on websites

>iOSX's interface is all full of large rounded rectangles with a childish aesthetic
because their users are children

its is imposible to do

because its a toy just like every other phone.

nice blog post

no. no.

My concern for the moment is more to do with storage than features to be honest.

I'm gonna do it guise, I'm gonna buy the memephone... Redmi Note 3 Pro 32GB. How do I make sure I get the right version? Can't fucking tell if it's gonna be the chink version or the international version. Does it even matter? UK based.

>its is imposible to do

What do you mean? I think the official site even has a file that helps you roll it back. I just don't trust myself enough to do it safely

willmyphonework.net/

Reccomend me a phone.
Budget 300e
Android
Max size 5,2
Good camera

I had read on honor 7 and reviews say its good but user says its not good.

OK, but how do I know which version I'm looking at? These Chinese websites are fucking shit.

Check the bands you dumbo. if it doesn't say special edition or international version it's the Chinese version without B20.

Thoughts on Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus?

gsmarena.com/lenovo_vibe_k5_plus-7947.php

>The capacitive keys below the display are Recent tasks/Home/Back, left to right. The recent tasks one doubles as a context menu button and that's a bit odd in truly Material design apps, which have the three-dot menu in the top right Making things even less intuitive, the context menu and the three-dot menu often contain different options.

>Thanks to the ambiguous nature of the left capacitive key, getting to the recent tasks requires a long press, instead of a tap. Naturally, that adds an extra bit of waiting to an action you'd be doing constantly.

Dropped.

Does anybody have experience of using the memephone on O2 in the UK?

Not too sure for my current phone (Motorola Moto G), currently running about 250 hours, but on my old LG E460 (aka Optimus L5II) I went for about a month when I first got the phone. After that I was happy to go 2-3 days before needing a reboot, intentional or otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=q4y0KOeXViI

>Got a Moto X Pure 32GB + Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD card for 250$

Did I make a good purchase or did I fuck up, Cred Forums?

You did very good, goyem. Now link that deal immediately, Supreme Faggotlord.

GET IN HERE FAGS

I've been browsing /spg/ for a few days, I was tempted to buy the oneplus 3 but I really want to have a phone with the best camera available. I also like the idea of a stylus. Is the note 7 the only phone that fits both criteria?

2017 phones when

Sorry, but it was a walk in only deal at Nebraska furniture mart. AFAIK the only place with that store is Omaha and Kansas City.

The deal is ongoing for a week

Almost did the same but I can't deal with on screen buttons

Yes

Anyone?

Im looking for a new phone because my old iphone 5c just died, I really don't know much about phones so I thought i'd ask here, I have a budget of 400 dollars and i'm looking for a phone that's nice looking, has a nice screen and decent camera.
Also I started looking at phones and saw the Galaxy A5s, not sure if it's any good

Can anyone comment on the OP3's battery life, specifically the SoT?

Is it anywhere near the originals?

Im on Virgin Mobile USA, trying to decide on a new phone.
Options are samsung galaxy j7 (2016 model) or the samsung galaxy s7.
I know these are vastly different, but because i have to pay full price, is it worth it to get the s7? Opinions?

I just got the s6 and its shit

On screen buttons are somewhat annoying, but at that price I was willing to compromise, especially since it has a microsd card slot

I had that shit in the basket and backed out in the last second. I tried a few in shops and really didn't like it. I didn't know how important it was to me until I tried on-screen buttons. Kinda sucks because it will massively limit my choices.

In the end I went with a chink phone.

So Moto G (4TH) or Wileyfox Swift?

Wileyfox comes with Cyagenomod from the box which is nice, Moto G is more widespread which COULD mean, more ROMs more suppert maybe.

What do you lads suggest??

>spec sheet for wiley www wileyfox.com/media/custom/upload/File-1475590096.pdf

Newfag here. I don't get it. Why not just buy a used Samsung phone, instead of a chinaphone?

What does /spg/ think?

I'm looking into buying a OP3. What's the best ROM/Kernel/Whatever to install on it? I last installed roms, kernels and whatever when I had a Galaxy S2 and it was a little confusing back then. Is it any easier nowadays?

That Blue makes the phone look like a Toys'R'Us toy.

>TOUCHJIZZ

I think its to god damn expensive.

One of the massive advantages of Android, is cheaper devices when you compare it to Apple, if an Iphone is literally $250 cheaper than the flagship android, guess what I'm going to buy? Why don't Samsung/Google/Microsoft understand that?

>white front

>$650
>muh camera

really was holding out some hope for some kind of nexus at launch
literally no one asked for google to make a flagship phone, %80 of the people that bought the nexus line won't buy this imo
google completely went off the rails on this one

You'd think by now, they would have made different color options for the front other than just black or white.

Is the camera even good in the Pixel?

>tfw stuck with Nexus 5 for now

fucking google

based on the launch, it's supposed to be the best phone camera or close
probably have to wait for real reviews

>Doesn't launch immediatly in entire Europe

Thanks for fucking us in the ass Google.

Screw you guys. Im buying the Honor 7, its a good phone both hardware and software. Prove me wrong.
>protip you cant

lads, how is huawei P9? how is the camera? I love to take lots of photos. OS is smooth? worth it?

B O T N E T
O
T
N
E
T

serious answers please

>botnet isn't real

if you like it buy it, if you dont then dont.

we don't know about nonmeme phones

>web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2016-8279

Moto G has front facing speakers, a larger and better display, and better warranty/customer service. But you void the warranty if you want to install a custom ROM, although the stock is basically stock android.

I would get the Moto g 4th gen

Why do people keep saying its more expensive than the iphone? The base iphone 7 is also $649.

You're worried about China? Do you live under a rock? Western governments are just as good at botnetting.

Looks shamelessly like an iPhone. Why not just a lot to change the design?

Honor 7 not on the list so its still good. And I dont live in burgerland

>iphone se
>64GB
>$449

and its 399 if you choose 16gb.

if you made up your mind about what phone you're going to buy why do you come here to shill it? put the money up, buy it, and then come out here to shill it by telling us how good it is.

Okay? The SE is not the flagship apple phone and not what the pixel is meant to compete with. Comparing them with price is stupid.

Would you be able to help with my query? EMUI 4 is worse than 3.1

Im actually trying to get serious comments to prove me wrong.

You niggas complaining about the price are being intentionally obtuse. This device is not a Nexus replacement. It's a new concept meant to compete directly with Apple and Samsung. It's a flagship. Not a cheap Chinese flagship, not a budget flagship, but an actual flagship tier phone. So it has a flagship price. I don't see the big deal.

>5 inch 32 gb
>759 Euros

lmao, fuck you google

the big deal is that nobody asked google to make a flagship

we wanted another nexus, not some $650 iphone clone

>tfw owned nexus one, nexus s, galaxy nexus, nexus 4, nexus 5, nexus 6, and nexus 6p, and i won't be buying the pixel
Well done, Google, you truly fucked this up.

Don't know about you but I don't have money to burn, I will buy one product and I will use it for as long as I can. When I am buying a phone, first on the order in that planogram is to choose what ecosystem I'm buying into.

The cost of entry to Android is much lower with excelent devices at price points of $125 that spec out any iphones, the cost of entry to ios is $399.

Anything past the point of $399 is IMO not worth spending money when you're talking about the Android platform, for a lot of reasons.

And also for a lot of reasons even spending more than $300 on a Android phone is ridiculous because of the availability of so many good devices at that price point and under. And for that reason alone, it makes the new google phone, too god damn expensive.

b8

>the big deal is that nobody asked google to make a flagship
not true. peoples have been talking about a Pixel phone for years. And after the 6 and 5x, Nexus is kill anyway.

Fine with me if you don't think the price is great, I'm not saying that it is. I'm just saying the price is the same as the competing phone.

Give me ONE (1) good reason to buy the Pixel. Literally one fucking reason.

>80 of the people that bought the nexus line won't buy this
that's fine. Google will happily replace your sales with that of normies.

Unless they're planning on going 180 on their Nexus marketing strategy there will be no normies buying the Pixel.

UPDATE - LIVE STREAM ENDED

are you guys/gals going to buy a Pixel?

no

Rate on 1 - 10

>Event
>Products

Okay is there a legit reason to get the pixel if you are not a "photographer"? I'm having a REALLY hard time to justify the price of 759 Eurobucks for the cheapest version. What the fuck.

no

>Unless they're planning on going 180 on their Nexus marketing strategy
that's the plan

I think you fail to understand markets and how people buy their shit. Wheter you agree with it or not, iphone is THE phone to buy for lots of reasons, and there are lots of reasons why you wouldn't, the major one is affordability, most people who have an Android phone, have it, because that is simply what they could afford.

Having said that, the Google Pixel phone, isn't competing with Iphones. It's competing with Samsung, HTC, Xiaomi, Huawei. It's the "Surface Phone" of the Android market, in other words, its a phone for fans of the Android platform, people who call Apple costumers isheep and crapple.

For a normal consumer, they look at the price point of the Google Pixel and its exactly the same price of a iphone, or higher if they even consider the SE, and the choice is obvious, why should they invest $650 on a device they have no faith/trust in? They won't.

Doesn't look like it m8. I'm so fucking sick of the cameraphone meme, it needs to die in a fire asap. If you want to take good pictures you ain't using a fucking cameraphone. A pretty basic camera will suit 99% of people's needs. Hopefully modular phones will be a thing sooner rather than later then I can ignore cameraphone bullshit forever.

Hey /spg/ I'm looking for a phone that has:
>USB Type C Slot
>Micro SD Card Slot
>A Headphone Jack
>A Physical Home and Back Button
Plz help

never had a smart phone
ok
decided to might get one
say ok $35 a month for a phone sounds cool ill just watch movies and stuff
see this 1gb bandwidth crap
what in the world?
1gb 4gb?
i could use that in an hour watching porn.why the caps?
this is bull

htc 10

If you want the best version of Android with updates straight from google, best performance on any Android phone ever, best camera on any phone ever, excellent battery life, other flagship features, etc yes.

I want a new Lagdroid.
Normie-tier but with nice specs.

>most people who have an Android phone, have it, because that is simply what they could afford.
This isn't fucking true, why do you morons so readily spread this nonsense? You could make an iPhone $1 and I would still buy an Android. Most people I know who own iPhones bought them on fucking dumb contracts that will end up costing them $1000+ because they actually COULDN'T AFFORD to buy the damn thing up front. A lot of Android phone users do the same, but also a lot more of them buy their devices up front because they can actually manage their finances like a sensible adult.

also dont forget shit speeds unless you live in a major city

no

That's perfect, thank you based HTC

unless they cut the price by 250 bucks, no.

it just seems like one big scam.
the 2 year contracts.
the had drive size.the speed
better off carrying a laptop on your back and using it to make free calls and connect to wifi.

The only thing wrong with it is the bottom bezel desu

dxomark.com/Mobiles/Column-right/Mobile-Scores

based google

>Buy huawei p8
>wifi stopped working
>keyboard is weird and glitchy
>battery is shit
Welp into the trash it goes

That all sounds perfect.

But the pixel phones are ugly.

>download stuff beforehand on wifi
You're not supposed to use your data allowance to stream hours and hours of video content.
>If you want the best version of Android with updates straight from google
Highly questionable if stock is the best version, and some releases have been known to reach non-Nexus phones OTA before Nexus phones.
>best performance on any Android phone ever
lolwut? The Nexus line has been very good, very consistent, which is the main reason I bought into it myself, but best? I'm not sure about that.
>best camera on any phone ever
See >excellent battery life
A dubious claim yet again. Nexus phones have not had the best battery life over the years.
>other flagship features
Can all be found in cheaper phones.

and >$649

U P D A T E
P
D
A
T
E

Is the Moto G4 Plus worth it lads? I'm exchanging it for my HTC One M9

yes

I liked when it said big dick better. also where is the

PIXEL

Literally unlimited photo/video. And google assistant. And all the EXCLUSIVE VR videos and tours and such. If you factor those in on top of all the other neat software stuff, I think the price is FAIR, granted it lasts 2-3 years without a hitch, though Google is very generous and forgiving when it comes to RMA. Don't think I'll get it though since a non-removable battery has always been a deal breaker for me.

Why bother getting another flagship like Samsung? What's the difference? Samsung has bloat up the ass. Performance wise it won't matter. And it's more than just a phone now, given that it has relatively tons of ACTUALLY COOL AND USEFUL software. Samsung doesn't even have removable batteries and I own a fucking Note 4. Fuck that shit man. If I'm going to overpay at least I'll get the fun shit, like taking immersive VR tours, not some gook crap that blows your cock off that's locked down to the literal core.

Google Home is pretty impressive too, and at that price it seems like a fucking bargain. What's the catch (save the ineluctable "spying")?

No.

They are out of their friggin mind.

guess i might get an amazon tablet. 7inch, and carry it around to watch moves etc. at least i get more hd size

no

>old world mudslimic shitholes
noone cares

the most annoying thing on the lgg3 for me is how slow it takes photos

what should i get for my next phone? my most prefered thing on the lgg3 is button placement

The chart is made to appeal to a world wide audience and the Blu R1 HD is only available in the States I believe.

I can't find it anywhere in continental Europe.

Explain

OP3 outspecs it in all classes except chipset (820 vs 821) and is $250 cheaper.

it has the same camera as the nexus 5x, but without 120 fps video

Not water resistant

I could go on. This is seriously google banking on consumers to think "it looks like the iphone and is priced like the iphone, it must be just as good as iphone"

There are better phones in that price range. However, If you wanna customise your phone like a little girl then the G4 Plus is a safe bet.

i take it back. them special offers thing is a turn off

These fucking names

Based on what I'm reading, the 6p is the safest bet?

>yfw that thanks to this, the 6p becomes even more affordable now

I need a new smartphone guys.

> dual sim
> dedicated camera button
> decent battery life
> also removable battery
> good support and updates so it's not dropped after a week
> kinda rugged, at least not fragile nor bendable

What would you recommend among both cheap chink and higher end models?

>SD810

PASS

When it comes to update speed, stability, and performance, no pajeet Indian roms can compete. Also, the Nexus 5 was the best performer when it came out, and so was the 6p. literally, no reason to believe that this won't be even better considering the Apple-like hardware/software integration.
See Your personal opinion on smartphone cameras here is totally rrelevant. The masses love smartphone cameras. Having the best one is undoubtedly an edge over the competition (Apple and Samsung).
>A dubious claim yet again.
7.0 Doze has the V20 performing very well. No reason to assume that the Pixel won't benefit from this feature even more so. On top of that, Google's hardware/software control will expedite all advantages, similarly to how iPhone kill Android phone even with lesser specs.
>Can all be found in cheaper phones.
But without the support from Google. This is a phone for normies. People who a just works phone. Normal people don't wanna go to XDA and fuck with their phone. You buy a One Plus 3 or some chink garbage and have at it. But anyone with money to spend and time that they value will simply a buy a Pixel, Samsung, or iPhone.
Flagship phone, flagship price. get over it. This phone isn't for you. Buy a chink phone.

>Literally unlimited photo/video.
MicroSD, syncthing
>And google assistant.
Google Now
>And all the EXCLUSIVE VR videos and tours and such.
Think the whole thing is creepy desu, especially when used as entertainment
>If you factor those in on top of all the other neat software stuff
Android 7.1/CM 14.1 coming soon to a phone near you
>I think the price is FAIR, granted it lasts 2-3 years without a hitch
$229 N5x had same length of software support
>though Google is very generous and forgiving when it comes to RMA.
Applies to nexus too
>Don't think I'll get it though since a non-removable battery has always been a deal breaker for me.
Why would you even bother watching then
>Why bother getting another flagship like Samsung? What's the difference?
much better battery life, microsd, waterproof
>Samsung has bloat up the ass
Custom ROM
>Performance wise it won't matter. And it's more than just a phone now, given that it has relatively tons of ACTUALLY COOL AND USEFUL software.
Buzzwords
>Samsung doesn't even have removable batteries and I own a fucking Note 4.
Neither do Pixel/Nexus
>Fuck that shit man. If I'm going to overpay at least I'll get the fun shit, like taking immersive VR tours, not some gook crap that blows your cock off that's locked down to the literal core.
Memeing
>Google Home is pretty impressive too, and at that price it seems like a fucking bargain.
Unrelated
>What's the catch (save the ineluctable "spying")?
Feeding the content bubble, death of privacy, death of anonymity, eventual death of individuality (but who really cares, right?)

>no comprehension
>getting triggered
>sperguing on the reply
YOU ARE NOT THE FUCKING MARKET.

Just because you don't buy a phone on a contract and pay it up front doesn't mean other people do even if you consider it the "adult" thing to do. It is the adult thing to do to have savings yet over 50% of the population doesn't have $1000 cash in savings.

You don't understand how people buy their shit or how markets work. First of all this phone was launched in the USA first. It will be subsidized like any other, so we don't really know what the price point under contract will be. If we take the price without a subsidy then it is a easy comparison to make.

>This isn't fucking true, why do you morons so readily spread this nonsense? You could make an iPhone $1 and I would still buy an Android.

Because it is true, go look at the numbers of premium/flagship devices, I can't find the chart now, but there's a chart that added up Samsung, HTC and others and together they passed Apple's numbers, but you had to add them up to get past iphone units. Which means more people walk into a retail store and tell the clerk they want a iphone than they do for any one samsung device or any one htc device, you have to add them up in order to get the same numbers.

Yes Android has more of a market share, thats simply because they have cheaper offerings than ios, no other reason.

you don't have to get the one with special offers and/or disable it if you want the discount

>Removable battery
G4/5, V10/20
LG is the only company that does this anymore

JUST

But the RAM, though. Also, it just needs to reliably make calls and use social media for about three years, which is how long I've owned my Nexus 5 now.

>Flagship phone
all this has is a good camera

>shit battery
>no microsd
>no wireless charging
>not waterproof

it's not a flagship, it's a midrange phone with a flagship price because google is throwing in some server space and cloud processing shit that will be on all other phones in a couple of months

So add American y/n? R1 HD for USA, Homtom HT17 Pro for the rest.

>YOU ARE NOT THE FUCKING MARKET.

calm down goy, it's just a piece of metal and glass

and i could root it right and put a modified version of android on it right? sorry to derail thread.

What should I get for $149 or less? refurbished is fine, no built in ads are acceptable.

I don't know if you can unlock the bootloader on those, check xda

removing ads is a component of the /oem partition not /system

redmi note 3 pro

Don't believe other faggots.

The SD 810 in the 6P is well implemented, the phone will serve you well.

see

I worded that weird. I don't want any built in ads. Also almost got quints

The battery life will be excellent.
SD cards are not a requirement as evidenced by Samsung and Apple.
Wireless charging is not a requirement ass evidenced by LG, Apple, and HTC.
Waterproofing is not a requirement as evidenced by LG and HTC.

Unless you want to say the G5, HTC 10, V20, and iPhone 7 aren't flagships. If that's what you're thinking though, just say so so that I can disregard you

I've never seen such a fanboi. I've always bought nexus (posting from n5x). Google has gimped all the best parts. Clearly you've never used google now; it barely works.

Pixel looks like a decent phone, but it's simply $250 too expensive.
>best performance

Pixel has 4g ram, OP3 has 6- for $250 less. Pixel doesn't even have OIS. It looks worse than the iphone.

You're literally paying a $250 premium to be part of google's botnet services.

To clarify, I need to quickly turn it off, and ensure the phone is off and won't turn on. For security reasons.

>The battery life will be excellent.
>2770mah

I'm not a fucking retard like you.

Thanks, I'd rather have a smaller screen though, 5.5 is a bit big to use one handed

>Clearly you've never used google now;
I have, I don't get the point of voice assistants, they're not useful to me except for setting up alarms or for reminders.

That post was a reply to BTW

okay, I'm sure that there are at least two google shills in this thread

from amazon:

"The Xiaomi OS isn't great (coming from Nexus 5). It's slow and it's buggy. Likes to cut off audio form programs that are running in the background (i.e. soundcloud, spotify) for no reason (maybe the OS is trying to conserve RAM?! - no idea) but audio (intentional) 'background' audio always randomly disappears after a while...."

Doesn't sound too great

Why are there no sammy s7 line phones listed there??

>Flagship price without flagship features
>no waterproof
>no sd
>ugly as fuck
>shit battery
>round fucking icons
>muh camera is the only positive thing that is not incremental update
>And look, we have a gay! And a woman!
There is NOTHING in that phone that warrants a $650+ pricetag. NOTHING.
Normies won't but it. Nexus fags won't but it. no one but a few google cocksuckers from r/android will buy it.

What a horrid disaster.
Sad!

There literally is though

>Pixel doesn't even have OIS.
why are you even talking about this phone? lol you don't know anything.
>Pixel has 4g ram, OP3 has 6-
iPhone 7 Plus has three, yet has better ram management than any android. It's not about the numbers, it's about the implementation. Google is nailing the implementation.

The $250 premium is for Google support. In case you have a career, things to do, money to make, and don't have the time or desire to fuck with Pajeet roms. Also it's a Flagship. The ONe Plus 3 is not a flagship

Should I get an axon 7?
I want:
quad hd
daydream ready
good camera
smooth/good ram
How's the s7?

Be patient and wait for Galaxy 8 to crush it. Go idort, iOS has it's charm.

some on r/android preordered it, most of them are pissed at the pricetag.

>The $250 premium is for Google support. In case you have a career, things to do, money to make, and don't have the time or desire to fuck with Pajeet roms. Also it's a Flagship. The ONe Plus 3 is not a flagship

I've literally had this exact experience with my $199 N5 and my wife's son's $229 N5x

No one needs to talk to pajeet when everything JUST WERKS like it has in the nexus world since the N4

Oh, and still on screen buttons despite that HUGE disgusting bottom bezel. what a croak of shit, holy fuck. if you buy this phone you deserve to be shot.

>Flagship price without flagship features
It has flagship specs, build quality, features etc. what are you high on?
>no waterproof
IP53
>no sd
Agreed downside.
>ugly as fuck
It looks nice and clean, high quality.
>shit battery
It's not even fucking out yet, where are you getting this from? They said that it has the best battery life of any Nexus and that it gets 7 hours from 15 minutes of charging. That's all we know atm.
>round fucking icons
I like them over the inconsistent ones before but thanks to Android you can change them to be whatever the fuck you want
>muh camera is the only positive thing that is not incremental update
Best camera on any smartphone sounds pretty good.
>And look, we have a gay! And a woman!
>hurr durr fuck any kind of representation from non-straight white males hurr
Why is this an issue for you?

I mean, holy shit, this price. Why would I get a Pixel?

>have a career

If it's worth any salt, you'd be able to drop 1k on a new phone anytime

>It's not about the numbers, it's about the implementation. Google is nailing the implementation.

So you already used the phone, you google cum lover ?

I want:
Good screen, 5" at biggest would be best
Good battery that I can replace
Something I can connect a PS3 controller to and play emulators on
Something I can fuck around in VR on
Not some piece of shit version of android

All for $149 or less. Suggestions? My old phone lags like a motherfucker now.

At that price for the year old 6p you'll be a cuck to NOT get a pixel.

way cheaper on ebay or elsewhere

>Sad!

does not exist

Exactly, you're getting that same high end reliable, no hassle Google experience, but this time with a flagship phone and not a cheap Nexus. You get it. Why do you oppose the Pixel?

Yeah, Ebay would have it cheaper in all likelihood, but getting it there means 1 Year Spec. Financing.

Fresh pasta!

>IP53
Nope, that was just a rumour

>and not a cheap Nexus

There is literally nothing wrong with the 6p

refurb N5 (not n5x)

Hmmm, looks like I am a retard

>N5
>good battery

It was a monster fucking phone but let's not delude ourselves

God fucking hell my xperia zr is dying on me and google creates this fuck up. What should I get then? 5 inches can be tolerated at max, nothing above desu. Had my eyes on the z5 compact for a long time.

IP53 means it's not waterproof though.

>Something I can fuck around in VR on

This is like saying "I want a cheap car, anything will do, oh yeah but I need to race it in NASCAR on Sundays"

No, but I have history on my side in the form of the Nexus 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6p. And that was when Google was rather distant with its hardware partners. Now Google is designing the phone from the ground up and just having HTC manufacture it like Apple and Foxconn. So the hardware/software marriage will be better than before, and it was already superb. I have reason to believe that this will be the best performing smartphone ever.

g4 play

just get the pixel (non XL) or iphone (non plus) you fucking retard
sony devices are pure fucking shit and everything else is giant

>I want the best phone there is
>$149 or less

Your underage is showing

>want to buy phone in Germany, via online shop
>all shops for it are Ltd.s with seat in London
Welp. Time to look for a different phone.
I'm not going to buy anything British for the next 4-6 years, since all the consumer protection laws from the EU are going to fall away after the Brexit and UK shops will be able to fuck me over then.

>I have reason to believe that this will be the best performing smartphone ever.
>I have reason to believe that this will be the best performing smartphone ever.

>759 € for a fucking phone

"No"

>Pixel

Piss off HTC-employee. Your phones are overpriced for what they actually deliver.

Weak audio through headphones, iffy call quality, a bit too big, etc. It's a fantastic phone but it's just missing a few flagship elements that the Pixel will have.

>being poor
*cackling*
don't worry loves im sure some chinese botnet will accept your food stamps as payment!

Tell my why it won't beat the iPhone 7 Plus.

>Weak audio through headphones
>iffy call quality

I forgot that you got early access to the pixel

>a bit too big
>implying this has anything to do with being a flagship or not

I would like to switch from my s7 edge to the pixel cause it's the att model but it's running on T-Mobile network so I'm not getting any updates. What do?

if you want updates then get the pixel, there are automatic updates
if you want updates for cheaper get the 6P

Well, the Pixel is absolute dogshit in terms of price. I'm interested in Daydream VR though and the Pixel is currently the only phone that supports it.

This is a hard decision to make.

>what is Moto g4?
>what is referb Nexus 5?
>what is Xiaomi Redmi Note 3?

>VR on a moto g4
>VR on a N5
>VR on a chinkphone

Is that dollarydoos or canadianpoos?

Holyfuck

if you're in the US, the pixel comes with the daydream

if you aren't... lmao

My Z2 shit the bed and im using a Moto G 2014 (3G version)

Should i fell for the Xiaomi meme?

I need a good phone with a nice camera and battery life.

3gb of ram would be nice too since Z2 was butter smooth

ok fine, it wont do VR but it has all the other things he asked for. 4/5 is pretty good

There's nothing special about that chip, it's just the way that Apple uses it. The story has been similar for Qualcomm and Google. It's the way it's used. Google will nail the implementation as per usual.

None of the phones on the market are truly waterproof. Even the IP68-certified ones can't be used underwater since lab environments don't factor in movement, chemicals, phone activity etc. They just drop a phone in standby mode into a prepared solution of pure water and work with that, which is not representative of what people actually want to use it for, which is pools, oceans etc.

Waterproofing as a feature is gimmicky since it really means that you can use your phone in the rain or drop some beverage on it without an issue, which is nice but not terribly important.

so what you're saying is it doesn't exist?

>chinese botnet

Ayylmao, HTC is also a chink company.

It has nothing to do with being poor.
If the device justifies the price, everything is fine.

But HTC devices don't do that.

Yeah, okay, but it's the closest thing to what he wants. it can be had for like $130 and he can replace ghe battery if he can follow kindergarten-tier instructions from ifixit

No. the camera is shit.

depends if it works in your area/provider
depends if you're ok with waiting a month for the chink to arrive
depends if you're ok with MIUI or whatever the fuck they use

I'm thinking of falling for the Xiaomi meme. Is it a bad choice? I don't want a shitty version of andriod and I need something that will support a ps3 controller

Not the EXACT thing he's asking but you guys didn't even try. I got pretty close

I prefer to be technically correct on a technology board

youtube.com/watch?v=K05cTPeFfyM

I do agree however the real implementation of water resistance is usage in rain, dropping it in the sink or toilet, or spilling a beverage on it. no one uses their smartphone in the ocean lol

>Taiwan
>Chink
*giggles*
:)

>It has nothing to do with being poor.
Oh but it does, great job demonstrating your insecurity LMAO

>taiwan
>china
>difference

It has practically the same specs as the 6P for an $150 more. No thanks.

>you
>nigger
>difference
*chuckles*

>Taiwanese are not chinks

Retard

taiwanese people are ethnically chinese tmk

commie fags please leave and never return

And just like that, the Nexus 5 (not 5X) goes down as the best Nexus phone in history. Cheap, solid, good enough

imagine if it had an SD-card slot and a better battery

im getting a 15% discount on monthly bill at verizon
is pixel worth it now?

how bad is the battery?

>imagine if it had an SD-card slot and a better battery

that's an LG G2 my friend

shiiiit

>that's an LG G2 my friend
I think I should have bought it instead of G3.

>Nexus 5
AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Pixel and Pixel XL's cameras do not have optical image stabilization (OIS)

androidpolice.com/2016/10/04/pixel-pixel-xls-cameras-will-not-optical-image-stabilization-ois/

Ahahahahaha

it uses the gyroscope you dumbass

literally better than OIS

>, Google has "tied the camera to the gyroscope to eliminate the hand-shake "jelly" effect in video." It's not completely clear exactly what this means, but this sounds a lot like electronic image stabilization to me.

Literally not you googshit shill.
This POS is becoming worse every second.

I have the feeling that the pixel is DOA because of the price. Waiting for a few months for the price to drop honestly.

I'm sure its price will drop significantly, I can't imagine someone is buying it at that price tag.

don't have a picture but around 2.5k hours, first time I saw someone with more lmao

Well, even r/android is absolutely angry about the pricetag. They don't see it as justified at all and this is supposed to be a android fanboysub.

>I can't imagine someone is buying it at that price tag.

The larger memory configurations are literally sold out already

The price is fine. It's a flagship.

Without flagship features*.

SD expansion and water proofing aren't flagship features

The higher config models for the XL are already at a 6-7 week ship time vs. the 2-3 weeks of everything else.

>get an s7 edge on a £50pm contract
>smash phone from a 1ft drop after only 6 months
>sell smashed phone for £300

What do now? Was hoping for the Pixel to be good so I could buy that but I'd rather kill myself.

wireless charging

New bread
Pixlel edition :^)