Help a newfag to instal either gentoo or arch

ok im a bit tired of shitdows 10, and i want to start using another os and it seems that arch or (meme)gentoo is popular around here, how can i install one, how can i run windows aplications, do i create a virtual machine or i use wine? i still run windows aplications

and for gaming? is it posible?

Install Gentoo

if you love winshit proprietary software so much, just stick to windows.
do you really not know how to install linux? arch has a ridiculous amount of documentation. just install arch.

You're not ready for either if you need someone holding your hand to install it.

Don't start with Arch, there is a 100% chance you'll give up trying to get a desktop up. Easy your way in with Ubunutu. If you are sent on Arch just get an Arch based distro like Manjaro (one of my favorite distros).

Open command prompt and type:
'Sudo apt-get install gentoo'
>you have successfully installed gentoo

>i actually do i want tips, i have used ubuntu and Kvm
>and drivers?
my winshit propietary software is for school

>i create a virtual machine
Yeah

whats the difference?, i get the complete arch with a "friendly" gui?

Just instal vanilla Ubuntu so you don't hate Linux after trying to install arch or Gentoo.

> arch

get antergros. It's arch on retard mode (but you still get AUR).

why on retard?

No, don't listen to the people who tell you to install Antergos or Manjaro, they're not the same as vanilla Arch. Use Arch Anywhere or Architect, those are Arch installers with GUIs.

and is it better at something vanilla arch?

Who are you quoting?

>Sudo

Don't listen to these fuckers, if you want Arch then just install Arch. There's a shit ton of documentation so you should be able to figure it out as long as you're not completely incompetent

I'd recommend Void instead though, it doesn't break like Arch tends to and no systemd botnet

Are you new to life?
Popular =/= better.
Popular =/= you're guaranteed to like it.
If you love Windows as much as it appears you do, just install ZorinOS or switch to Windows 7.

well, what im going to do is going to install arch, and a virtual machine running windows

im actually will create more threads, called newfag adventures in arch, where i will ask for tips and post shit that i found on the go

Don't install arch. Gentoo is basically same steps but takes a little longer on compile time. If your doing a manual install you might as well use a source distro with the best package manger around.

Lots of playable games these days: steam has major titles with 1 click install, nearly all dx9 games work with wine and minimal tweaks, KVM pass through or steam in home streaming for dx11/12 games, console emulators will also add tons of playable titles easily if you need more.