/SQT/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Post questions that don't deserve their own thread here

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833114057&cm_re=usb_network_adapter-_-33-114-057-_-Product
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Installation_guide&redirect=no
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xfce
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone know any good free dynamic DNS services?

So I have a weird problem.

I use 2 Monitors. One is connected to the motherboard's iGPU (Secondary) the main is connected to the GPU (R9 390)

The reason is to keep the power usage/temperature down. (GPU idles at 35C° now instead of 55C°)

But now I cannot use Photoshop for editing since it strictly needs one GPU to work with. Therefor I need to plug out the secondary monitor and into the GPU to work properly.

Is there another way to avoiding plugging in and out cables?

Hello, it's possible that two or more computers or other devices are connected to the same modem with different standard of 802.11 ???,..for example two different computers connected at the same modem, but the first is connected with 802.11 b and the second with 802.11 g ??..and why?

I recently started using Ungoogled Chromium. The spellcheck doesn't work (enabled it manually, comes disabled by default), the cookie management works sometimes only, can't make it my default browser, among other tiny inconveniencies. What gives? Is this just the nature of forks? I can't go back to FF now, this shit is ridiculously fast compared to it. Am I going to have to succumb to the Chrome botnet and get it over with?

Is nyaa.se RSS fucked for everyone or just me?

Im trying to dual boot my computer with El Capitan and Windows 10. i got OS X to boot, got the graphics drivers straight, and have sound but I cannot get my ethernet to work for the life of me. No packages have worked, ive tried every kext that I can find and still nothing. When looking at network diagnostics it flashes between a red light saying failed and a green light before saying "Network change detected, Your network configuration has changed, Click OK to proceed to the next step" over and over again, wut do

Maybe some sort of switch box exists, but the real solution is to disable your autism and just run your monitors off the 390, idling at 55C won't do it any harm.

I've had LAN issues with W10 too. Does the NIC work if you shutdown the PC, unplug it, wait a few minutes and then boot straight into OS X?

On my system (Intel I217-V) W10 does some funky shit with the NIC and makes it unusable under Linux and even older versions of Windows (7 & 8.1, nothing ancient) until I go through what I explained above. Clearly it leaves it in some sort of state that the other drivers don't know about and can't properly turn it back on after a W10 reboot, but cutting power completely must reset the NIC entirely and as such it works. I've been able to determine that at the very least when the NIC is fucked up no packets actually end up on the cable, despite Linux claiming they were sent.

Recommended USB flash drive with around 16-32GB that I can use for uni work, presentations, etc?

I feel like I'm either paying over the odds at scan.co.uk or running the gauntlet of "it broke within 48 hours" reviews on amazon.

more like big bang theory(I know), mr robot and silicon valley

Hey guys, need a little help. I've currently moved in with some cunts who just upgraded from 100mb/s to the 'Virgin Gamer 200mb/s No Strangling' package.

I get about 200mb/s on my macbook, but shit speeds on my rig and PS4. My PS4 tested out at 6mb/s and my rig at 3.1mb/s. The cunt in charge of the internet only has a macbook. Am I being fucked or is this just some issue with my hardware or something. I have a USB wifi-receiver, but not a network card.

I was going to recommend dyn.com, but I checked and they don't offer free service anymore . Bastards.

I use this TP-Link TL WN823N which should allow up to 300mb/s.

Also for a third stupid question, is the macbook capable of sending the connection is receives over to my desktop? I could do this with my old laptop, but Apple seem restricting in almost everything I try to do.

If I make a live linux boot USB, what happens if i plug it into PCs with different architectures?

My home PC is a 64bit. If i make the USB so it runs 64bit, will it not work with 32bit cpus?

If I make the installation 32bit, will it run on 64bit PCs but just not as efficiently?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833114057&cm_re=usb_network_adapter-_-33-114-057-_-Product

Pic unrelated.

Best 2TB HDD on the market?
I'm looking at Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 (2TB, 64MB, SATA/600) at the moment since it's on a discount here but I've only been using WD drives for the past few years so I'm not sure what to pick.

Just get the barracuda and call it a day

my wacom drivers are leaking memory in windows 7 whenever ubuntu is running in virtualbox

Wat i do? It's a cth-470 so there's no newer drivers available

Should I buy this chinkshit? Will it work with Verizon?

I can't add Cred Forums to clover. Why?

Is $130 for a latitude E4310 a good price? Trying to buy a used laptop off friends and got offered this. I have a powerhouse desktop, I got an elitebook 8440p off craigslist in maybe 2013 for $200 but it shit the bed and just need something for basic on-the-go use.
Also might as well ask while I'm here... whats the cheapest laptop with an actual GPU (or what can I expect to pay for one?), even a lowend one? I use Touchdesigner for work and won't launch unless it detects an actual GPU, I have my desktop for actual 3d work but want to be able to use TD on the go to just work on my python and scripting (which is annoying it requires a GPU even if you have no intention of doing any actual graphical/3d work with it).

Toshiba DT01ACA200

Seems it's back up.

Where do i start off if i want to install arch linux?

Did you install the new update?

Intel driver update utility wont launch? What do i do? I need to update drivers for integrated graphics.

Is it worth upgrading my 750ti to a 970 meme card? I'm broke as fuck but I want a bit more performance with my graphics card.

Also is it worth buying a graphics card used? Are there any good websites to find one?

If I download audio from a youtube video that was something like 128kbps on youtube from a download site that lets me choose the bitrate as something higher than that, is the end result of worse or the same quality?

970 seems somewhat safe since no miner would want that piece of shit.
Honestly though used can get you some decent deals on ebay or craigslist, but unless it is a good deal, it is usually a better idea to get a gpu that supports the latest meme apis.

Mine can't support dx11 and though I have used it for many years I do wish I had been able to get a dx11 card at the time.

Are there any (gratis) image scalers that use nearest neighbor so I can scale my small gameboy screenshots to a larger resolution without loss of quality?

750ti was always shit
but broke as leeching niggers should not spend money on hardware and games
get a fucking job

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Installation_guide&redirect=no
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xfce

I though it was then googled the apk and it is more recent than f droids. So all good now.