>13"
>Chromebook
>butterfly hinge folds into tablet
>IPS Display, Full HD
>wannabe "click anywhere" mac trackpad
>load a distro up on Crouton
>Android apps
>$400

How is this thing not perfect, Cred Forums? I'm tired of dropping loads of money on tryhard laptops. This thing seems like a perfect balance of function and 'don't have to give a shit'.

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2016/09/chromebooks-totally-transform-laptop-design/
github.com/reynhout/chrx
youtube.com/watch?v=Jw6BxGLuxhM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Chromebook
Android apps
>$400

well you answered your own question there...

Literally none of those things are negatives.

>Google
It's all negatives, son.

>Acer
You never learn, don't you?
Also, GoogleCloudonlyOS, android apps on a laptop, and thickest tablet on earth are not positives, faggot.

Shitty arm processor and 4gb of non-upgradeable ram, on top of running chromeos.

Buy a Lenovo Yoga or whatever instead.

Why? I've owned one before and it was pretty nice.

Why not just get on ChromiumOS if you're so concerned? It's not forcing you to use their apps.

And again, you can run Crouton or even fully load your own distro.

>arm
It's the first mediatek processor on the market.

The only thing that really grinds my gears is the wannabe keyboard. I mean no Super Key,
can't into ESC + F1 ... F12 keys
Caps lock is retarded. Anyway, chromebooks try to hard into being a facebook machine, but sucks for everything else.

It seems pretty nice but now is a bad time to buy a chromebook. Chromebooks coming out in the next few months are going to be more tailored to running the play store. As from this wired article.

>Google now strongly recommends—which is a lightly-veiled warning that it’ll be mandatory soon—that every Chromebook include GPS, NFC, compass, accelerometer, a fingerprint reader, and a barometer

wired.com/2016/09/chromebooks-totally-transform-laptop-design/

The search key works as a super key on chromebooks.

Thanks user, I might hold on to my R11 for a bit longer.

>barometer

Which consists of arm chips.

Also has shitty emmc for storage. Get something with an ssd.

Shiiit, you got me.

Can't you run android apps on your R11 right now?

Makes no since for me either.

My rockchip ARM processor in my chromebook is not that bad. It's fast enough for me to browse any website and allows really great battery life.

I think ARM is better than x86 chips for the google play store anyway for better compatibility. But if someone wanted to run crouton on their chromebook x86 is a lot better.

There are models with Intel processors and ssd. My acer cb1-131 is x86, 16gb ssd with an SD slot, and runs Linux perfectly. Plus it was less than $200. If you're not looking for a powerhouse, but just a programming/internet box, Chromebook is the way to go.

I can get a first gen X1 Carbon for that money

>Why not just get on ChromiumOS

Yeah and why don't i just stab a fork in my eye while i'm at it!

Yeah, it's pretty great. The trackpad is absolute shit though. Screen is low res and tiny as well.

Then just install a distro, you silly Kraft.

I will on a real lappy

yeah, with a 1600x900 tn display and 4 hours of battery life

What do you define as a 'real lappy'? A "Razer POWERED BY MONSTER™ Hellraizer ZHD" with custom ground effects?

something that isn't a google shitbook. Also

>1080p res
what is this, 2012?

What are the specs? I can install arch on it?

>needing 4k while reblogging tumblr posts in a Panera Bread

Enough to run Arch. Check out Crouton for running it on top of the OS.

>reading ANYTHING on 1080p

lol what's it like to be poor?

Do you have 4k on your phone too?

But doesn't not spending money needlessly keep me from being poor?

I never even said 4k, just high DPI, and phones are different because their screens are smaller. Christ, educate yourself, kid.

No I dont want any chrome os or anything like that. Can chrome os be completely removed/wiped from chromebook?

>screens are smaller
Ah, you've answered your own question about a 13" laptop. Thank you for saving me the trouble.

even at 13" 1080p is dogshit my man. Phones are at least twice as small, derp.

Yep.

github.com/reynhout/chrx

that's not true at all you idiot. your'e also twice as far away from a computer screen than a phone.

all that matters for laptops is the screen real estate: sharpness ratio. So for instance, 1080p on a 14" or 13" laptop is great because you can use it full scale if you aren't a blind old person

I'm typing this on a MacBook pro, and the only reason the big resolution comes in handy is because it gives twice the sharpness at a lower desktop real estate.

I'm tired of these fucking Chromebook shill threads. There are too many to ignore it.

FUCK YOU GOOGLE! I don't want your shitty paid advertisment here. Chromebooks will NEVER become a meme. Not here, not in reality and nowhere else in the internet.
Nobody want's ChromeshitOS because it's no fucking OS.

And OP, you will die in your sleep!

>1080p on a 14" or 13" laptop is great

If you can handle the garbage text resolution sure. And how exactly does bigger resolution translate to lower real estate?

4k on phones masterrace.

>Nobody want's ChromeshitOS because it's no fucking OS.
You can delete ChromeOS and install regular GNU/Linux.

Cred Forums only hates Chromebooks because Cred Forums is research-phobic.

>>Acer

>Chromebook
youtube.com/watch?v=Jw6BxGLuxhM

also because they're garbage unless you splurge on the Pixel for some reason

>And how exactly does bigger resolution translate to lower real estate?
kill yourself

Kinda hard after I ruined my eyes with shitty DPI screens as a kid.