Why ThinkPad

Why is ThinkPad a thing around here?

No troll here. I really want a personal overview from the community about it. Here is some of my base motivations on have a doubt about buying a ThinkPad.

> On country ThinkPad is overpriced just like Apple notebooks.
> ThinkPad configurations can be found on other brands Like Asus or Samsung.
> I had good times using Linux with 3 Asus Notebooks (from the cheapest to the expensives) models. Linux distros: Slackware, Archlinux RedHat, CentOS and OpenSUSE.

I really like the "lack" of design from the ThinkPad. It really makes me feel like they would endure for 100 years (of course not). So seriously, any special reason to be with one?

> I'm totally expecting someone saying that they're very cheap on their town on things like that. So go head and say it ^_^

> Yeah. I've moved from Linux to BSD family with a Macbook Air.
> Yeah. For the actual configuration it's too overpriced (hell yeah) but the goodies from the system just work very fine :) and my projects are running over VPCs :3

Asus is terrible.

>emoticons

>>>/reddit/

>special snowflake secure tripfag with emoticons in his trip

Buy Windows laptop
>hurr I'll just buy the cheapest crap with high specs, I only care about GHz.
6 months later:
>why are ALL Windows laptops so bad? WTF I spend $350 on an i7 with 32GB of RAM and a 2TB SSD and it's all feeling cheap and crappy and it's already falling apart how is this possible it was supposed to be super high end?
Buy Apple
>Dat build quality! OMG so amazing, yeah it was $2000 and has netbook specs but it's so good, nothing like that $350 Windows craptop and this proves Apple is better.

Every fucking time.

even though apple's shit has netbook level specs, their control over software and hardware allows them to optimize performance to the max. pretty amazing, but that's only because of their walled garden approach.

Or you can buy a much, much better Thinkpad......

>^_^
brain dead piece of shit

ThinkPad is a thing because you can get ridiculously cheap aftermarket business ThinkPads on ebay

got a 1920x1080, i7, 16GB RAM, SSD + HD + DDR ultrabay, switchable nvidia graphics and a spare battery for $500

Businesses dump Thinkpads on the market whenever they upgrade their offices, so you can get the high spec ones refurbished for outrageously cheap
>using emoticons on a fucking IMAGE board

Even brand new "overpriced" "chinkpads" are great, and still cheaper than Apple.
I'd rather have an L460 than a Macbook pro.

Where do you goys buy your used business thinkpads from?

>their control over software and hardware allows them to optimize performance to the max

install gentoo

Can you switch off the apple ad on the lid?

>allows them to optimize performance to the max

no bully (。>﹏

They are business laptops, meaning they use higher quality components, the build quality is better, it is more reliable, more focus is put into ergonomics, and it has certain features that may be useful in a business situation but not at home. They are designed with utility in mind and have a neutral and professional look as opposed to literally everything from ASUS and Samsung which look like toys (and mostly are either toys or made for home users with very low demands).
As to used ThinkPads these are popular because they have these benefits and are highly available since businesses normally replace computers after 3-5 years. A lot of them may also have been used almost exclusively in a docking station and as a result may look almost brand new. Because of their high availability the price is also reduced.
You call them "overpriced", but if you look at Dell or HP business laptops they are similarly priced. MacBooks could according to some fall into the business laptop category, but strictly they only fulfill two of the previously mentioned criteria, namely high quality components and a neutral and professional look. Their build quality is not good; their reliability is not particularly good, although definitely on the higher end of consumer market or lower end of the professional market; they are not ergonomic, having a terrible keyboard with lacking keys replaced by combinations and a trackpad without separated buttons; they have no typical business features such as a smart card reader, fingerprint reader, docking station support, configurable firmware, etc.; they are absolutely not designed with utility in mind as they are lacking even the most basic ports like ethernet and require dongles for almost everything and their batteries, RAM and hard drives are not easily accessible. Their aluminum finish also makes them more slippery than even the worst of consumer toy laptops.

Autism, the post.

this is way too many words can you try again in 150 or less

You probably wouldn't see more than a 1% difference even if what you said was true in a well optimized application.
Try some benchmarks, running OS X, Windows and Linux on the same MacBook.

I am too dumb to understand the computer market: The post.

more like: no one is going to bother reading that wall of text

It's a meme, get a Dell XPS or a Macbook

Not him, but if you think that's a lot of text to read you don't belong on Cred Forums.

why are you mad lol retard

If you have a job or even go to school you should read more than a thousand times that amount per day.